What are the best AND worst episodes of Batman TAS? New Adventures included

What are the best AND worst episodes of Batman TAS? New Adventures included.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1000x1426, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9aJx6MNb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love so many, it would be hard to pick the best. So many solid episodes.

Worst, though, are: I got Batman in my Basement… that's the only one I can remember right now.

I remember not liking that episode with the sewer child slaves

Worst is "Critters". Not even "I've Got Batman In My Basement" is as bad as that.

I really liked that episode, it was super disturbing. Was also nice to catch a glimpse of a Batman villain going too far.

Best is probably Heart of Ice.

Worst is Moon of the Wolf. I've read the comic the episode is based from, and it's actually decent. The episode sucked, though.

Wait, that episode was actually based on a comic? I thought it was just filler like that Island of Doctor Moreau episode.

Weird.

Heart of Ice is definitely up there.
I also like a lot the one in which a mob boss tasks Not-Riddler to steal Batman's cape and cowl. Seriously, WTF was up with that not being the Riddler?

It's been so long since I watched it... but I distinctly remember an episode where they were in a maze with a centaur robot and Batman defeated it by the power of the human brain or something. That impressed me as a kid.

>Weird
It's actually one of Grant Morrison's favorite Batman stories.

Apparently, the writers were still hesitant to use Riddler at the time because they didn't want him turning into a Frank Gorshin redux or a poor-man's Joker.

TAS definitely nailed the Riddler.

The episode where the Riddler "reforms" to become an entrepreneur is pure gold. Cocky, elitist Riddler is best Riddler.

Any news with the blu ray release?

Almost Got 'im is still a top 5 for me
Not the worst but definitely one of the most out of place episodes was the guy who used poison invisible plastic to creep on his daughter as her imaginary friend

Best could be the one where the nobody gangster thinks he's killed Batman.
Worst is probably Batman in my basement, though I know there's a couple Catwoman episodes that are pretty bad

The one with the Batmobile mechanic is great and a nice expansion to the Batman cast that wassadly never used again. People who interact with him without knowing his secret is sadly underexplored; everyone finds out he's Bruce Wayne like IMMEDIATELY but they're all trustworthy.
It also answered the most pivotal question in comics: Who pumps the Batmobile's tires.

>people actually hate on The Underdwellers and I've Got Batman in My Basement
Why? They're not masterpieces but they're not NEARLY as bad as people seem to say they are, the second one in particular.

They did eventually figure out how to make Riddler work, but it came at the price of his episodes numbering to only three because of how hard it got to keep up his character without devolving into 60s show gimmicks.

The first one, I think it was, with the virtual reality game was already pushing the envelope a bit.
I think the Riddler works best like a guy who sets traps, Saw-style, instead of outright saying riddles.

>WTF was up with that not being the Riddler?
Pic related, I'm not explaining it any better than that.

Attached: cape & cowl conspiracy.png (1504x228, 45K)

I really liked "Point if View" where the three cops told their stories from their own different point of view. I did not like the one about the guy kidnapping homeless and forcing them into slave labour and bat man was on of the ones captured (in disguise) and he had amnesia. Was cool that Alfred saved him though.

Dini's Riddler seems to be one of the few villains who is aware and self conscious of his mental illness to the point where he actively struggles with it. I always loved seeing that show up in the spin off comics and then later on during Dini's actual comic run with detective Riddler. There's so much you can do with a character like that, especially in a protagonist role. Here's someone who has a bloated sense of importance and thinks they're the center of the universe, but it's half act and half coping mechanism to deal with a mental disorder and they're painfully aware that it's not a good one. That's a really fascinating angle.

That was the second one, and the third was Riddler's Reform with him trapping Batman in that warehouse filled with giant toys and setting it to explode.

They didn't have to make Wormwood's design exactly like Riddler's then, only in plain clothes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9aJx6MNb4
best song coming through
(although i loved this episode, i'm a big fan of clayface, so that 2 parter gets it in my book)

My favorite Riddler moment actually comes from the TAS tie-in comics. He is so demoralized by Batman always solving his riddles that he swears he'll give up villainy after one last heist that he's fully-expecting to fail at. Batman catches him only because Riddler and three other villains were fighting over the heist, and when asked how he solved the riddle, Batman plainly admits he didn't. Riddler ends up happily singing and dancing back to Arkham, fully remotivated to continue his criminal antics.

Maybe because he has the look first in the comic books, long before the Riddler started wearing the Gorshin suit-and-tie in the comics. His animated counterpart had a grey suit instead of green, but he also had a receding hairline like BTAS Nygma. There is some similarity, but I honestly never noticed that as a kid because lots of people wore suits and ties in BTAS' art deco world, and Riddler's signature was more the cane and the bowler hat.

Attached: Wormwood detective450-11.jpg (540x657, 195K)

B:TAS did a lot of obscure comic adaptations. Like the Josiah Wormwood episode.

and The Forgotten were my least favorites as a kid because they seemed to play them more than anything else when it came to reruns in my area when I just wanted stuff like Almost Got 'im and Mad As A Hatter, which were some of my favorites.

What is it about basement batman that makes everyone hate it

I don't really get the hate either. I always enjoyed Paul Williams' Penguin.

I need to watch more of this show. I just watched the Joker Fish episode, based on a recent Joker thread and it was pretty great.

The episode with the ninja rival that wants revenge was super weeaboo but cool. I love the scene in which Bruce has to take a beating because Vicky Vale or some other journalist chick was watching, and as soon as Robin covers her with something he changes he attitude and goes all out.

Fun fact: all of the best mentioned in this thread are written by Dini.

Her name was Summer Gleeson.

Personally I think the Wormwood episode is severely underrated, but it was also one of the first episodes I ever saw, so nostalgia might be a factor there.

I guess it's because it feels very at odds with the rest of the show, eschewing art deco noir for 80's kids movie shenanigans

Love that one.