California, Colorado, Washington... your game is through. State ballot measures do not override federal law

California, Colorado, Washington... your game is through. State ballot measures do not override federal law.

alcohol has destroyed far more lives than pot.

this biscuit head needs to give his head a shake

Given the observable characteristics of marijuana activists, I have little evidence that he's wrong.

>But alcohol!

Some pothead shrieks this literally every time in any thread about marijuana legalization.

Good people don't cloud their minds with excesses and treat other people fairly.
I'm pretty sure my mother is the only good person in the world at this point.

>"federal law"

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now show me where the Constitution delegates power over drug or food consumption to the Federal government?

>protip: it doesn't

This is what delegates power to the federal government

there are so many Russians on this board

This thread is about the morals of intoxication not about marijuana legalization since it's it will eventually be "legal" in enough states that an amendment could get passed.

Weed is just a tool of the Devil used to lure us into betraying God.

Healthcare reform got passed under the feds ability to manage commerce.
Get a judge to bang a gavel and anything is constitutional in technical sense.

That's fine. I have an LED lighting system. FLIR my shit bro

It is the devil's lettuce after all

There's no Federal enumerated power that can prevent a person from growing plants in their own home other than it might indirectly maybe someday effect the prices of unrelated goods in a different state.

>might makes right

So you were cool with this guy delegating power over Oklahoma City to himself?

Reminder: the God Emperor himself said this is a STATE RIGHTS issue. Submit to your new president and his proper interpretation of our glorious Constitution or you will be deported even if you're an Indian (feather not poo).

Every fucking person I've ever known who regularly smokes pot was a fucking degenerate.

I don't think it should be illegal, but I am gonna avoid the fuck out of people who use it legal or not

>people like this vote and drive

>a judge said so therefore it's right

Why does it always have to be a choice between neo-puritians and anti-whites?

Trump is anti-drugs, marijuana is a federally illegal and the law will be enforced

cry more

And all it really does is make everyone think that alcohol should be illegal.

Trumps a business man, once a number of states legalize he'll follow and tax from it.

Big mistake. Young voters are going to rally around this. 2020 will be the "legalize pot" election.

>there are so many Russians on this board

Russia's population is only over 140,000,000.

Why are there so many Finns and Australians?

>And all it really does is make everyone think that alcohol should be illegal.

we tried that. didn't work.

>waaaah drugs are bad

Grow up.

Thank god, looks like Trump was able to put the genie back into the bottle just in time.

The DEA trying to enforce drug laws in states that refuse to cooperate will be as bloody and as ineffective as the ATF doing the same with gun laws.

Including myself.

Legalize it everywhere and save thousands of livers and nervouse
systems a year.

Of course A FUCKING LEAF would shit on the constitution.

day of rake when?

>implying sessions would rather fuck with dope than get to work on immigration and a million other higher priority items because he said this years ago
Nah. He doesn't like weed, but he's not stupid. He has a mandate to put the fucking beaners back where they belong and that will be taking up all his time.

Reminder it is unconstitutional to amend people what they can and cannot to.

thank god finally someone did this
I've been posting leafblowers for weeks

I thought you were for states' rights?
Never mind, you're just a Zionist shill paid by the FUCKING KIKES to concern troll. Kill yourself faggot.

The legalization of marijuana in just a few states was a huge hit for revenue for Mexico drug cartels. They have moved to real estate and several other illegal methods to make up the difference. If they crack down on this new industry in America that Wall will look like Swiss cheese. Trump will be right they will send their racists and drug dealers.

By 2020, all the DUDE WEED fags will have grown up, and a new generation will replace them. We aren't cucked enough to be swayed by weed.

>implying he's wrong
That being said. I want pot to be legal in liberal shitholes like Cali, so they have less incentive to move to here and shit up my state.

As an alcoholic, I couldn't agree more.

You're right.
REPEAL THE 21ST

Although this isn't true, you're not wrong. ACA was explicitly denied under the commerce clause, but was affirmed through some other shitty justification.

The federal judiciary is the most rotten branch of government. Make no mistake.

Based Sessions

Yes they do. The US is a coalition of states, not a centralised dictatorship. In theory anyway...

Was there a strong association between pot-legal states and voting trends one way or another. I'd guess they'd be more hrc people.

Like so many of Trumps potential policy decisions he doesn't think about the real outcome. If it becomes illegal Mexican marijuana becomes more valuable. Lots of motivation to dig tunnels under that Wall

Daily reminder that Weed leads to heart attacks, schizophrenia and other forms of brain damage. It's also a gateway drug that leads into harder things. It also degeneracy and a degenerate hippy subculture

Trump has said on numerous occasions that hes gonna leave recreational legalization up to the states.
There's more important shit for him and his administration to worry about than DUDE WEED

Shouldn't do either. Prohibition is making a come back.

Take you left-handed cigarettes and demon rum and get thee out, foul Satan.

Temperance shall cleanse this great country, yet again.

Nice fallacies

Hey, Marijuana is good.

Exactly right, goody user.

You're not wrong. Drugs are another way of dumbing down and distracting the masses.

No it hasnt
The people abusing it have

Alcohol has far more uses than just tanking up to beat the wife. Same with dudeweed

Federal prohibition of any recreational substances is extremely illegal without a constitutional amendment.

Yes. No more booze.

Obongo got to shove gay marriage down our throats despite many states being against it. I don't see why that can't apply to banning pot

who cares about pot

is this guy gonna put hillary in jail or not?

You guys use alcohol for things other than getting tanked up and playing street hockey w/ the wife over there?

The supremacy clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article VI, Clause 2) says that federal law trumps state law in the case of conflicting legislation.

Meaning if federal law says marijuana is illegal, and a state's law says it's legal, federal law wins.

DEA doesn't care about weed farmers they care about heroin and meth

They still do have the right to regulate it if it crosses state lines or if they can prove you conspired to

This is an old argument.

Every state legalizing has done so under the guise of it being federally illegal.

The state cops can't enforce federal law. The feds still can. There are so many people growing thousands of plants at one time and the feds can't catch all of them. They don't have time for the tax-paying, compliant shops. These are the people they go after.

Even if they went after the shops it is impossible for them to go after people smoking, sharing, or growing their own.

Nothing will happen. Donald Trump said he's 100% for medical marijuana and supports state's rights to choose to do what they want. Nothing will happen under Sessions no matter his opinion because federal enforcement in legal states is utterly pointless.

Anti-pot losers BTFO. You can't beat the legal argument.

Funny since the DEA schedules things left and right without any amendment process.

Another day, another Pol user thinking they have a juris doctorate

Respecting state rights is a key part of conservativism. Hopefully the Trump admin won't let me down.

is hillary going to jail or not?

you tried to make weed illegal and it hasn't work out too well either

None of what you just said makes his statement untrue.
His statement is certainly true. Alcohol has ruined far more lives than cannabis could ever hope to.

Protip: America didn't just ban it here, we made weed illegal everywhere

because we fuckin rock

>tfw firefighter/ EMT - IV Tech
>smoked an ounce of weed this week alone

go stick your head in a toilet retard

kys faggot ill join up with the liberals if you take away pot

>there's nothing wrong with smoking marijuana

>Funny since the DEA schedules things left and right without any amendment process.

And they are breaking the law every single time.

You think something being illegal stops people from doing it?

No shit. We all know winners don't use drugs.

>good goy weed is bad you need to ban it

If Trump tries to enforce the ban on weed then he'll lose every right to say he's in favor of state's rights.

and yet america is one of the highest pot smoking countries

>Look guys look what some dude Trump appointed/is thinking about appointing said at some point in the past
>That means everything that person believes will come to pass!

Fear mongering, and logical fallacies.
Classic slippery slope.
People aren't fooled by this bullshit anymore.

kelsenian legal school that is currently leading says you can suck the feds dick

he's a fucking idiot

There's no federal enumerated power to prevent a person from growing a plant in their own home other an a greatly stretched and abused interpretation of the interstate commerce clause. States can opt out of Federal laws to force their way into court to sue the Federal government for unconstitutional laws. Also the Federal government is logistically incapable of enforcing certain laws without cooperation from the states.

>implying the feds will give enough of a fuck to raid my home and take my plants when it's legal in Massachusetts.

This dude's focus will probably be 100% on immigration and trying to watch out for radicalizing forces for muslims. Pot is such a retarded issue to get worked up about when probably 10-20% of the US population is already smoking it on a monthly basis.

It wasn't about getting rid of the weed, it was about flexing our influence. Leevs wouldn't understand.

i dont think the goverment should regulate it, BUT i do think it's worthless putting someone in jail or fining them just for pot. unless theyre going some other delinquent behavior you can prove id just leave them alone.

>wanting federa law to overwrite states rights
>wanting to make plant that just makes you a bit more lazy
Fucking leftists

Saying they're "breaking the law" is wrong here. The executive is vested with delegation of power from the legislature. Here, the DEA is using a grant of specific legislative authority to make these calls.

If anything, you'd be more correct by saying it's a separation of powers issue, but the judiciary has held that the legislature is allowed to do this, so feel however you want about constitutional interpretation, and go to law school if you really care.

K but I'm for prohibition as well as keeping weed illegal so I guess your comment doesn't matter to me

Try being hit in the head by an iron pot.

This.
Trump agreed multiple times.
OP can't ever post a source.

Fake and gay. Sage

no it was just about cotton ignorant american

Katzenbach v. McClung
The government can regulate anything it fucking wants
>(You)

Stupid leaf smokes leaves.

It's not surprising that an old, hardline conservative like Sessions disapproves of legal pot. As a recreational user of marijuana (and right wing reactionary), I'm not bothered by this. It's highly unlikely that anything about our current laws will change in the near future. And if they do change, it will most likely be infavor of legalization. People become more and more educated on cannabis every year and the majority of Americans are beginning to realize that pot is essentially a non-addictive, harmless psychoactive plant which should be sold legally and taxed like alcohol or cigarettes. Prohibition of any kind has never been shown to be effective and usually has many more negative effects than positive.
Marijuana is still prohibited in my state (Texas) so nothing will necessarily change for me. Although my city has decriminalized it for posession under an ounce.
Opinion polls in Texas have been showing a steady increase for statewide decriminalization.
The fact that a state like Texas has gone this far shows a lot. I think it's highly unlikely for our thinking to regress when it comes to weed.

Time's up, weed addicts.

Either get straight or your ass is going straight to jail.

Good riddance.

WTF? i hate trump now!

>be former alcoholic

Drugs are degenerate either way, and this substance just makes you more pacified and ridiculous. If you don't stop smoking pot by about 20 or so you are a failure.

Because of our friends at SCOTUS during Gonzales v. Raich going back to that kek'd Commerce Clause viewpoint from Wickard v. Filburn.

Totally fucked.

>schedule 1 hallucinogenic substance

wow its fucking nothing

fucking kys government retards

why don't you come down off your iceberg and say that to my face.