Can California Actually Secede From The U.S.?

youtube.com/watch?v=gBWbfudLwtE

This changed my mind on the subject and I can now see California leaving and becoming the California Republic

Could a California Republic be conservative in their views or would the mega cities have enough votes to over throw any right leaning ideology?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IXOEdvfMeIY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nerf California already you fucking Amerifats.

No state needs that many electorates.

Short story: no
Long story: they'd get buttfucked if they tried.

its based off population. California has more people than most European countries.

It should be a priority to get it out of the country. We should have a /calexit/ general.

The mega cities already make our lives miserable.

> t. rural Californian

Majority of komifornias population would enjoy that ling story

That guy basically told it like it is

To do it legally would require a constitutional amendment which would be impossible for them to pull off.

If they did it illegally then its civil war 2.0 but without hard ideological and geographical lines.

There are still a lot of republicans in california who would fight the state from within.

Plus a lot of the value in California comes from the major ports of LA and SF. If we blocked them from trading with anybody they would be fucked.

California leaving the union even in the best case scenario wouldn't work out very well for them.

All part of the plan

>Wide open border
>Millions of illegals strewn accross
>Not Voter ID required
>Liberal as fuck state
>Illegals vote Dem so they can stay and get gibs
>Get 55 electorates cause be population thanks to open borders

California is a swamp all it's own, in desperate need of draining.

Thanks to the wonderful liberal courts representatives are assigned based on raw population not actual citizens.

>Could a California Republic be conservative in their views?
No there are to many blacks and mestizos. Asians could be converted if republicans made an effort to become the masterrace(s) party. But we are still better off as part of the union. Infact we should have less electorates because there are to may dumbasses here.

>t. Californian

The worst part is Illegals are counted in the census which determines the number of electorates.

So if we kicked the illegals all out the it is likely going to end in California having less power.

Democrats will never let commiefornia leave

they make up a huge part of their voter base and the 55 free electoral votes

I hope so

>this changed my mind on the subject

What's to stop the Republican voting counties from succeeding from California before the whole state does from the United States?

Haha it was mostly the part where we would be above France in the economic sector

But I wouldn't want to leave under Trump if they made Hillary president of the California Republic

This changed my mind on the subject.

This changed my mind on the subject, Hillary can be president of the California Republic

They are entirely dependent on water from Colorado...but they've taken over Colorado...so as long as Nevada keeps the dam safe they should be fine

Remember the last time states left the Union? It'll go about the same way. Except instead of shooting them we will just turn off the water.

You're actually a girl. Here to gey grabbed right by the biscuit.

Gross, that changes my mind on the subject.

Commiefornia succeeding would be one of the best things for the US. The state has terrible debt and is a liberal safehaven. Losing Commiefornia basically guarantees GOP to win for the next century.

California loses the dollar, loses food production and loses all government benefits. It is now forced to buy water at a premium from the US. When Californians realize that Silicon Valley is becoming a rust belt and their main export is agriculture they either Great Leap Forward and witness their own demise or beg to come back to US.

No. We need their ports.

lel. I'm sure it's been said a dozen times already, but have you ever heard about the civil war?

It will NEVER happen

This really changed my mind on the subject

This really changed my mind on the subject

What do you people think about secession?

youtube.com/watch?v=IXOEdvfMeIY

I propose the "fuck off California" amendment. California can fuck off so we can MAGA without them until they come crawling back. after all with cali becoming a country they will have to negotiate trade deals to get anything from us.

The House originally only outnumbered the Senate 3 to 1
Now it is 4 to 1

This changed my mind on the subject

>America letting the most powerful state leave the Union.
Lel, do they know who they're fucking with here?

Every Californian Separatist would be executed within minutes.

I will do everything in my power to make sure they leave this nation alone.

I hope so. GTFO FAGGOTS

ha ha yes!

Your memes are bad and you are a bitch

California already has a government. Their governor would be the leader.

Who cares, it is no great loss. Give it back to Mexico in trade for them building the "wall".

Do you want to be in a political union with them, such that they appoint people that make rules about how you're to live your own life?

Is that preferable?

Short Story: No

Long Story: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jefferson when? Being under Sacramento, SF and LA is bad enough without them going full retard and trying to carve out Mexico 2 Electric Boogaloo.

cali needs nuked or kicked out of the union.

Short story: no way
Long story: They would lose all federal aid, become unsustainable immediately, and quickly want back in. Think of all the federal funding they receive including medicare/aid, social security, defense, education, aid for earthquakes/fires. Yeah just think of all that money. Not to mention investors would pull out their money very fast sending them into a depression.
They say they have the 6th biggest economy, but their #1 trade partner is the rest of America. With a President Trump, their trade (if any) would be heavily taxed.

> Cali has always been a turbo-blue shithole
> "Could the be conservative?"

You're retarded.

And America would LITERALLY never give up 50% of their shipping ports not to mention all the fucking military ports and installations.

Do the people pushing this not remember what happened when south carolina seceded in 1864?
What makes them think Trump wouldn't do the same thing Lincoln did?

literally not even an economics student. I just thought about it for a few minutes.

fuck megyn kelly srsly wtf fuck her

We need to divide California into several states after we deport all the illegal immigrants and shut down the Jewish tricks being run out of Silicon Valley like Tracebook.

sshhh dont tell them that until they leave

We will STILL give Jefferson...

Fresno. Somehow we would gerrymander it.

ha ha yes!

My wet dream, tbqh. I would go fight commies in the desert.

>President Jerry Brown
>California Uber Alles is relevant 37 years after release

That's fucking amazing

If California secede. Can I move to US as American Citizen w/amnesty. And be refugee.

>So if we kicked the illegals all out the it is likely going to end in California having less power.

God, please yes. Trail of Tacos when?

Isn't that a desirable outcome for everyone involved?

They get what they want, and other people don't have to suffer them foisting rules on them from thousands of miles away.

We will fucking salt the earth and you will drown in your own children's blood if you think of engaging in treason, California.

t. the Thirteen Colonies

ha ha yes!

And in return they'll just turn off Google and you won't have internet.

We would also deny them Starbucks or boycott it throughout the USA.

Get fucked commies

The internet backbone is not in California.

Probably, especially if other states and groups secede and establish a more reasonable basis for trade and property relations than the current crazy federal government.

People seem to forget about the Civil War and why it happened.

Why do you want to be in a political union with them...?

Bad idea. That will sent all millions of us out of our basements pissed the fuck off.

The land is ours. I never said they should be allowed to have meaningful power.

The difference is nobody wants to keep California

It happened because of vindictive and greedy northern politicians coupled with a huge propaganda machine, forced conscription, and a weak backlash since the propaganda was effective.

Seriously, this. The military stuff alone means the feds would never let it happen.

Looks like the Republicans will have to keep the Union together again boys. Think, a chance in our lifetime to see liberals actually come out as directly anti American and be allowed to shoot them for it.

Oh please leave california. Then we institute e verify and prosecute googles for crime and cut off their welfare and they all run over to your new sanctuary country

Calm down kids, California is a very strategic plot of land. The problem is Californians. Just because they live there now doesn't mean that they should be allowed to stay or that they own it, though.

>vote for prop 187
>get cucked by federal judge
>get shit on by rest of the country

>The land is ours
What do you own in California?

>I never said they should be allowed to have meaningful power
They do as things stand. If they seceded they wouldn't.

Mississippi wishes the Delta would secede.

Cool. No more federal funds

The land of California was conquered by the states engaged in the Mexican-American War. The citizens of California cannot take our conquests from us just because they moved there a century and a half later.

Starbucks area denial will bring those commies in line.

Deny them Starbucks or boycott it throughout the rest of the USA....

So what do you own in California?

>we could watch their multicultural hellhole fall apart from afar

Could be fun desu

The Feds own half the state

Can we devide it up so that mexico gets the Hispanics and Blacks and America gets the Whites and Asians? We could have zig zag Berlin wall in Los Angeles.

Why is your question even relevant, tripfag?

Do not respond to tripfags.

>afar

We need real borders

>Californians think they are special muh progressive
>dont remember history
>what could possible go wrong.

Apparently Californians forgot about Manifest Destiny.

You said
>The land is ours
so I want to know what you own there

Most of the federal "aid" does go to them.

>ours
>mine

All southern cali would be ok, even up to Sanfran. Draw the line south of the Napa region.

Did you watch the video?

They said it would be a peaceful session if a new amendment was created and they had the approval of 38 states as well as 2/3's vote from the house and senate

And they also said that the chances of that happening are slim

I'm mostly just curious as to what a California Republic government would look like, according to the video it would be progressive but I don't know if the 3.5 who voted for Trump in the state would have enough voting power to out vote the democrats

Our nations land, you pedantic fuck

Property means you own something and claim special privileges over the use of that property, and that you can exercise the rightful exclusion of others to that property.

So I'm asking you what in California you can do that in regard to, because included in "our", "we", and "us" is a you.

>everything has to move back into America to avoid YUGE import taxes
>california wants to move out

On one hand, sure, let them go

On the other hand Trump will Crush them and their export economy

Lets do both and never look back