Okay, so read the first two issues and stopping there...

>Okay, so read the first two issues and stopping there. I don't think it's the most terriblest thing evar and frankly if I ever decide to review it, it's not going to be for a looooong time because I really don't want the "GRRR SJWS RUINED MARVEL" dudebros in the comments, but here's what I can say: the plots are fine. The dialogue is... well, human beings don't talk like this, but then 90% of older comic books have dialogue where people don't talk like people. The issue is that it's very stream-of-consciousness, similar to Grant Morrison's more eclectic stuff (and some of his mainstream stuff). I think it's written for a very different sort of audience than me but I think there are definitely people of whom this would REALLY appeal to, kids in particular who have more attention span for a narrative that moves as fast as it does, throwing every single concept they can think of at the wall. It's lighthearted, which I really appreciate, but the style doesn't really click for me. It seems like it wants to play with the absurdity of comics but it can't focus on just one absurdity at a time like Squirrel Girl does. So yeah, I've read it. It'll probably get a review in like five years but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon when I have much more interesting things to complain about.

>Or, at least, things to complain about that won't get me lumped in with terrible people.

Boom, chicxs! Senor Linkara thinks I, the great America, am as cool as Selena.

Attached: americahitler.png (1831x1253, 2.33M)

Linkara likes to suck dicks and has dated two trannies.

His opinions is irrelevant and bullshit.

It's cancelled, and Gabby Rivera has returned to making more trash YA novels.

Well, it is your fault, you blancos de mierda. I fucking los odio a todos, whitey little shit. MS for life! Batos!

Fucking hell, Chicanos lingo is fucking shit.

Literally
>I don't want to be called a sexist/racist

Don't know why anyone values his opinions regardless.

But I'm a disabled Chink woman. It's always amusing when I'm accused of being a white man.

>disabled
What, did you get into a car accident?

Angry Joe would tear it apart gladly.

Insert obvious joke here.

Ah I get it, an Asian woman driver joke.

Hey, you basically asked for it.

>Or, at least, things to complain about that won't get me lumped in with terrible people.

"I'm not going to review a comic because people might think badly of me for it and because people I don't like also don't like it."

Fuck's sake.

>I can't be a vegetarian because Hitler was one and I'd be lumped in with him!

You have to admit, while not Carlos-tier, it was pretty good compared to most jokes around here.

Sguirrel girl is worse

I don't get people who say this is the worst comic book ever made, US War Machine 2.0 still has it beat for my money.

>the plots are fine. The dialogue is... well, human beings don't talk like this, but then 90% of older comic books have dialogue where people don't talk like people.
You know what? No. Linkara has never had any taste but this is beyond terrible.

>"I'm not going to review a comic because people might think badly of me for it and because people I don't like also don't like it."
Honestly this is how it works now, user
people can't have opinions about narratives featuring minorities they're not part of because people call them racists/sexists
I'm not even white.

It really isn't. It was just dumb enough to be a fun read here and the fact that Marvel even gave Gabby a job was silly

It's not the worst ever.
It's really bad and a kind of racist we haven't seen much of since the 90's, though.

America (vol.1, 2017-2018) is a brave, political comic, tackling complex social issues.

Attached: Exterminatrix Gas.jpg (1293x1410, 832K)

That is the most diplomatic way of saying "it sucks" I've seen in a while.

You should see Film Twitter.

Attached: DXswiykUQAA1x_p.jpg:orig.jpg (612x412, 51K)

WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND

Oh shut up, asians are pretty much white.

One of the key problems of America was while the whole thing is nonsense, everyone was taking it seriously.
America often acted serious, like this was all a big deal, reviewers were making it a big deal, everyone who was making this or promoting this were acting like this was profound or to be taken serious.

This stuff is Neal Adams. America is Batman Odyssey but with space lesbians in college.
This comic is Neal Adams with people defending it instead of laughing at it assuming it is a comedy.

Ooph. He's trying his best.

He's probably thinking of comic books written by Stan Lee. But, Stan Lee didn't write 90% of comic books. There has never even been a time that superheroes made up 90% of comic books.

I mean, fuck, that sentence is just filled with so much stupid. What are we even defining old as? If we say early days of comics; people didn't speak like people, because most of the characters were from sci-fi pulp comics. If we say pre-DC/Marvel, Kirby and Simon were making war comics and drama pieces. His appeal to Sturgeon's law just really shows a lack of basic knowledge about any comic book history that he hasn't personally lived through.

>people can't have opinions about narratives featuring minorities they're not part of because people call them racists/sexists

They can't even write them without being attacked. White people can't write non-whites. Straights can't write gays. Men can't write women. The fucking thing is that there is a germ of truth in that outlook. A writer should be familiar, or study so they become familiar, with what they're writing. You want to write a gay character? Okay, do a bit of research into what that character might have experienced. You want to write a piece set in ancient Egpyt? Okay, do a little research to narrow down the time, culture and setting. It's about actually trying to make something authentic rather than being a hack and churning out 'FA-LAAAMING GAYS on the NILE with Cleopatra and Tutankanhem!'

But it becomes toxic, so that X person cannot write Y characters. That kind of attitude is actually harmful because it sends the message that different groups of humans are so fundamentally different than they cannot be understood by each other. Only a black man can write an 'authentic black character' (see why Christopher Priest fucking hated that concept). Only a women can TRULY understand female characters. It fosters an unconscious division that each class of person is alien to all the others.

Just to round this out, a few months ago there was this same toxic mindset once again making the rounds. A female, non-white science fiction author (I forget her name, someone else might remember in more detail) called out the idea as utter nonsense, as if she can write the viewpoints of aliens, why can't she write the viewpoints of other humans?

She was accused of being white, because "whiteness" is now a mindset and attitude and the idea that a human being might be able to empathize, understand and write the viewpoint of people who are not them is apparently racist and sexist now.

Fuck's sake.

Remind me. Who said progressives are inherently "good" for society again and that everyone who's against them needs to "Get with the times?" Because this makes me think Moviebob said that and I want to punch him in the goddamn mouth because his views are what's causing this.

Attached: 1512526371259.jpg (1008x1600, 523K)

Yep, one man started all of this. He is the cause of everything you hate in life. He is the reason you are here, on Sup Forums, and not banging that cute brunette from your highschool days.

You narrow-minded troglodyte.

I dont get why their are so many people like linkara and dobson, these people have every right to be mad at the industry going down the stinker and hate feminists that hate their mere existence for having a dick, so why the hell do they side with what should logically be their mortal enemy?

Attached: E24638BF-D3E5-4585-AB41-0A85E29B214A.jpg (640x780, 132K)

Holy shit, Linkara is still alive? I could have sworn he died of aids.

I literally said this is how he'd respond to this.

Alright, alright. It is practically hyperbolic but you have to admit that people like him are what's fueling shit like this: Don't try and pretend it's not a problem. How can anyone just be okay with this? This is killing creativity because people who are like minded like Moviebob practically have the media on their side. Make anything that people like him deem offensive and kiss your career goodbye. Meanwhile, people like Gabby continue to be praised and free from criticism.

Because inaction and indifference is clearly siding with them. Linkara isn't going to bat for Gabby, like some groups, he's just being stupid. This is him trying to stand in a place of maturity and looking like a brat, whilst doing it.

I don't even dislike the guy. He hasn't done anything to me, personally. But, he got popular by being in the right place at the right time and his true calling in life was a nine to five job.

From what I've seen, he's managed to tone the fuck back when it comes to sperging and power-levels. I think he actually got married?

Low status males going for peepee points.

The media is on his side? No. The Media is on the side of big business, big government and big religion. They'll go to bat for Mike Pence, when he says crazy shit like "god talks to me." But they don't give a flying fuck about an internet critic.

The media isn't on Bob's side. The media doesn't even know his fucking name. He's just some guy, who used to work at the escapist and now works at Geek.com. You're imagining some figure of evil. But, what I know of him is that he's a guy who gets up in the morning, types, voices and edits some videos, goes to the gym, eats burgers, then goes back home and fucks off to bed.
You are literally jumping at your own shadow.

As for killing creativity. What doesn't kill it, only makes it stronger. The nineties didn't kill it, politicians and businessman can't kill it. Some sod with a camera isn't going to kill it either.

Linkara I can understand. Dobson however is another story.

>I won't criticize things because people could be mean to me about it

No one can say you walked into that one.

Kek

>an Asian driver joke

So an Asian joke.

That tbf is the reality of Bob. Which is true. However, the people who follow him on Twitter, the people who shares his viewpoints, the ones who thinks he's right, are the ones basically ruling social media with an iron fist the way they conduct things. You really think you'd be fine living in a world where everyone will scrutinize your work in a way that one wrong move will kill your entire career? And I don't mean in terms of writing puerile garbage. A word where you're not allowed to write certain people because you're not them or risk being ostracised? A world where even writing what you know will make you the villain? A world where if you don't have a "sensitivity reader" looking at your work, you'll never get published?

I can't comment on Dobson. I don't know this person He seems to be a case of literally who the fuck. I search google for Dobson and I get Anita Dobson. Maybe he is as blindsided as you say he is. But, he seems to be a tiny speck. So, why should anyone care?

>I don't know this person
Newfag detected. But his importance is probably inflated a bit around here.

I have always lived in that world you just described. It's called: the world outside of school. People will always look great, by kicking others to the curb and the men that rise to the top are the psychopaths that feel no guilt or remorse about their employees towards a nervous breakdown. Do you really think that Bob is worthy anything in a world like this? Who cares if what, how many fucking followers does he have? 1/5 of a million? That's small potatoes. And that's assuming that every one of those people is a rabid fan. Which is a logical fallacy in and of itself.

The world you imagine of not being able to say what you want or censorship being plastered over your favourite entertainment products. Pails in comparison to the world we currently have. Where the people in change think of me as an atm or, if I have no money left to give, which is usually the case, a fucking parasite to be eradicated. Bob isn't the end of the world. The short-sighted antics of our overlords, and the complacency of the public, is that end. You're scared of something that sounds like a fucking picnic compared to the real problems we're already facing.

So now what? Thanks to you, I'm in a far worse position because now I fear for my life in general instead of just the creative aspect of my work being encroached. How does pointing this out make anything better? I was hoping for an answer that maybe all of this will just pass, but now all you've done is make me wish I've never been born.

That honestly tends to be the case with Sup Forums. Dobson's no exception and so I'm still not convince that he's someone that anyone should care about. You've got David Willis, who makes his plot before he's even thought of a plot and Jeph Jacques, who's just trying to appeal to his patreon donor, and those, despite being small fry, seem to fit the bill of what you're going for. Really makes this Dobson fellow seem like a fart in the wind. Unpleasant and then it passed.

He WAS more prominent back in the day during Deviantart. Before he moved to Twitter and deleted his Deviantart.

>The issue is that it's very stream-of-consciousness, similar to Grant Morrison's
Linkara lost it. I seriously can't picture him typing this with a straight face.

Linkara has never been big on Morrison. One of the few things he has going for him.

Welcome to nihilism 101. The world doesn't matter, you don't matter, and the people who are bigger than you, who also don't matter, want to eat your guts and wear your face like a baby towel. You can either give in to that or roll with the punches and find fun in the absurdity of it all. You came from nothing and you'll go back to nothing. Life's too short worrying about nobodies on the internet, who aren't going to change a damn thing. Just look at me, an user on Sup Forums, do you think I'm going to change the world? Nobody feeds the big business machine anymore than you do. They don't matter any more or less than you do.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Seriously kid, don't you have homework to finish?

Well, ultimately, you are right. I don't think they have a right to get mad. Nobody has a right to get mad. But, nobody seems to be going to bat for Andrew? Dobson the same way he might have gone to bat for them. He's got fifteen patrons. Can't imagine they pay very much. Liberal culture isn't going to suddenly turn around and be your ally. That said, I'm not hoping that it'll go away for a little while longer. From every direction, this all seems to be collapsing in on itself and it's quite fun to watch.

You jest, but weren't you wishing you hadn't been born a moment ago? And bitching about some no name critic a moment before that? You can feel free to be that person for the rest of your life, be my guest, or you can come to realise what made George Carlin and Billy Connolly such great comedians. They always had a great supply of comedic gold and they didn't sweat the small stuff. Maybe try and emulate that? Or, at the very least, fake it till you make it.

Also, being an adult doesn't mean you stop getting homework. Your work still follows you home. Just a warning for you.

I'm not the same user, you fucking newfag retard.

I'm so sorry. Don't use your scary words anymore, user. They make me upset and put you in a position of superiority. That you so clearly crave.

Seriously though? Did you actually read the entire conversation or did you just see nihilism and knew you had to make a rick and morty reference. I honestly have this image, in my mind, of you being conditioned like Pavlov's dogs. to make and R+M reference whenever you see the word nihillism.

Go to bed, Linkara.

>I don't like some overrated hack who hides his shitty, Johns-tier plots behind meaningless imagery so that means I'm Linkara
Wonderful logic.

>I'm too dumb to understand Morrison
Like I said, go to bed, Linkara.

Imagine, a real pseud, right out in the open on Sup Forums of all places. Don’t you have a fucking /lit/ thread to bait? Congratulations, you understand the vicious nature of capitalism, good for you. What, do you want a cereal toy for figuring it out yourself? Jesus, if you think that SJWs are hurting the comic book industry or if you think the industry’s strangling itself, just fucking pick a side rather than derailing the thread into your wannabe Rorschach ranting, you absolute retard.

>the "ur 2 dumb 2 ged eet" excuse
Classic Morrisonfags.

There's nothing to "get" though, Morrison is as shallow as they come.

t. classic shallow fans

>claims Linkara never liked Morrison
Accuses user of being Linkara
>Johns-tier
Still accuses user of being Linkara

This is how I know this """argument""" is faked by people using mobile devices and desktops

Says the Morrisonfag.

You want me to pick a side? Are you a little bitch who actually picks sides? Regardless, I'll make this short and simple for you, since you seem to have a little problem with understanding. Anyone who picks a side or gives a damn about anything, other than their immediate surroundings, is a sheep.

And like you give a damn about threads getting derailed. That's a nice joke.

What, cause of the way she's dressed?

Was that the Chuck Austen one? Cause I would say that's one of his better works...

>Uses "Morrisonfag"
Yep, more proof the """argument""" is made by the same guy

Oh little chinagirl, don't you know? The entire Internet takes place in America!
Everyone is an straight white man by default and therefore everyone is evil!

But don't worry, those brave Californian/Neoyorkian leftists will fight for the minorities, with their brave keyboards and big-boy words.

Attached: rise-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-toys-splinter.jpg (2000x2000, 288K)

Why has it taken this long for someone to point out that this dumb sack of shit is Bob? If you're not Bob, you're wannabe-Bob, and that is almost as pathetic as being Bob. Go back to fellating summer flicks.

What makes you think he's Bob, does he really post here? That would actually make this thread crazier

>having autism

Because, most people are smart enough not to have to resort to that argument? Just a thought.

>I think there are definitely people of whom this would REALLY appeal to, kids in particular who have more attention span for a narrative that moves as fast as it does
Judging by the sales numbers, this is incorrect.

Chicanos are shit but Gabby Rivera is a Nuyorican, not a Chicana.

tl;dr: This is a dumpster fire of bullshit, but I'll pretend to withhold judgement because I don’t like to agree with you hortible people for political reasons.

Who even gives a shit about Linkara anymore? He's made it apparent that he really doesn't give a shit about comics. His entire series is just an excuse to reenact his fan fiction about being the smartest, wittiest power ranger that defeats gods.

really rolled right into that one eh?

he is already a terrible person by him self and this american shit is shit no spin can change that

that is not in a published comic, no way marvel, a major industry leader would allow this terrible art work in a comic that is sold all over the world? would they?

They did.

marvel

Attached: dumpster-fire.gif (625x417, 2.62M)

Why do these people not understand what a dudebro is

I don't understand it as well. At this point it has no meaning at all, because of how overused it is

King's Batman is worse

I'M A NASTY COCKSLUT

Do you lack reading comprehension?

>I really don't want the "GRRR SJWS RUINED MARVEL" dudebros in the comments,
The guy don't want to make an article because he didn't think America was terrible and that would attract all the guy who think it's a bad comic because SJW ruin Marvel.

He's not one of you. He's not from the anti-SJW crowd. He didn't enjoy the comic because it didn't appeal to him not becausd it's SJW, whatever that means.

Imagine a bunch of drunken fraternity members howling and hooting as they stand in a circle, typing criticism of bad comic books and calling Linkara names.
>Woo! I just called him a cuck for defending such an obviously terrible piece of shlock in a transparent attempt to pacify the SJW crowd while holding on to some kind of integrity, dudes!
>Yeah! Sick, bro! That'll show the nerd for reading substandard comics!

It's an edit. Just look at the bike's exhaust. There's enough shit about America that you don't need to lie about it.

>hate feminists that hate their mere existence for having a dick,
Just a reminder that feminism is about sex equality. If you encounter someone who says women should have more than men, then it's not a feminist.

Also, the industry is going down the stinker because less and less people read comics.

If only we could all be repressed peons under the heel of the clergy like the good old days

Have you ever heard radfems talk?
They are neither for sex, nor for equality.
You are talking about an ideal, not the fractured, massively divergent reality of what feminists are doing.
And often enough they want to favor women in the name of equality, declaring men all kinds of terrible things to justify their blatant favoritism.

They have the testosterone levels of an ennuch. Even the nerdiest man feels like Chad Thundercock to them.

Well, progress is by definition positive.
If it was bad it wouldn't be progress.
It would be a negative development.
Nobody ever said calling yourself progressive makes you good.

You're talking about feminist as if they were an homogeneous group. They are not. It's like when a media talk about Sup Forums as if everybody on this site had the same ideas.

>blatant favoritism
As long as the gender pay gap is a thing, this will ring ahollow.

>declaring men all kinds of terrible
They use "men" in a general way because it concerns a lot of people but it doesn't mean they are talking about you specifically. It's easy to see if you've ever done the things that are criticized.

Also, they are always extremists, especially on the internet. We're on Sup Forums, we see extremists all the time.

>would they?

Yes. Repeatedly and consistently over decades.

>"BROS today during our pool party we're going to be rude to people reviewing comics online!"
>RADICAL MATE