Should we increase the amount of Senators to 3 per state to restore balance to the Electoral College?

Should we increase the amount of Senators to 3 per state to restore balance to the Electoral College?

I guess we could, but we also could not, so I don't know.

I know you're a stupid trolling faggot but adding more senators would help the small mountain states the most

fag

The 17th Amendment should be repealed and each state should have 1 state rep per 100K citizens..

We can double the members in the House. Congress used add members to the House after every census, but stopped 100 years ago

That is the point
We went for a three to one to a four to one House to Senate ratio

That just give even more influence to large states

Sure why not

No, we should repeal the 17th Amendment.

Maybe we just repeal the 17th amendment to return senators to be state congress representatives instead of making it another bullshit house of representatives.

> we should repeal the 17th Amendment.
We should also do this

> it another bullshit house of representatives.
they would go equally to the states
The only purpose of this is to rebalance the electoral college

The electoral college needs abolishing. Come on america, direct popular ranked vote for president. Use the schulze method and I might just spend a year in a constant electoral orgasm.

Hillary would have won if we went by the popular vote

ITT sore loser.

Trump won

If it was popular vote, the whole campaign would have been different. You can't only support a broken system when it benefits you.

How is it broken if Trump won?

Just get rid of superdelegates. Seriously, that would fix a lot problems. The primaries actually are popular vote election. Well in other parties beside Democrats.

>The primaries actually are popular vote election
No they are not

It was a popular vote, just on a state-by-state basis, semi-normalised by each state's population.

This is exactly the problem. You think it's fine when your candidate won. Whoever won, the system itself is fucking stupid and needs an overhaul. This is not new, but it's surfacing now because of the EC/ popular vote split. Maybe we finally have a chance to fix it. Don't worry, trump stays president whatever happens, but maybe next time the people can choose their president, instead of 538 randos.

The electoral college is perfect.

Otherwise it turns into a bullshit arms race of who can turn out voters legitimate or not.

FYI, more voters turn out in florida nearly every election cycle with 29 electoral votes then california with 55

No, this misses the point. We need to increase the number of representatives back to its original proportions so gerrymandering becomes less effective and they are harder to bribe.

Does the president rule on a state-by-state basis, semi-normalised by each states population? Or the country as a whole?

Because in california, your vote is practically worthless. Hillary could have killed and eaten a baby on live TV, and california would still have given her 55 electoral votes. So turnout is low, because it will never make any difference. This is a problem, and it's entirely due to the electoral college.

But if you do that the House is over represented in the Electoral college
I am fine with increasing the amount of house members as long as we go back to a 3 to 1 house to senate ratio

>So turnout is low, because it will never make any difference.
There are other races to vote in

We'll run out of space in the capitol building

But they don't. And what does that tell you? Average joe(sephine) doesn't give a fuck about anything but the presidency