Stars three of the hottest actors of 2001

>Stars three of the hottest actors of 2001
>All Star soundtrack with hottest hits of the era
>Well paced, funny, good acting
>Dropped right at the end of the Disney Ren
>Literally the anti-disney at just the right moment

Memes aside, does Shrek deserve a spot in Top 10 animated films of all time? It seems everyone just uses it for memes now and forgets it was genuinely a great movie.

Attached: 45d1b7e3d4c7b88984512f9bc2073f6d.png (420x420, 72K)

I think a lot of the memes stem from how omnipresent Shrek was during the early-to-mid-2000s. If you were a kid in those days, you were probably pretty familiar with Shrek, so seeing him in absurdist memes raping people is amusing.

Is unironically one of the top 5 best movies

>It seems everyone just uses it for memes now and forgets it was genuinely a great movie.
This 100%. Part of the reason the franchise has fallen out of favor was the bad 3rd and mediocre 4th entries in the series.
However, 1 and 2 are really great flicks, especially if you read into the metatextual theme of how much Katzenberg hated his old boss.

Yeah, Shrek was a great movie and it's still a great movie. I never realized this was ever in doubt.

It deserved every award it got.

Yeah, it’s great and actually tugs at the heartstrings a couple of times.

>metatextual theme of how much Katzenberg hated his old boss.
What?

it destoryed its own legacy by making a dozen sequels

3, but sure

1 is good
2 is great
3 is shit
4 is meh

Lord Farquaad is supposed to be a stand-in for Michael Eisner with Duloc as Disney World
The key is that Welcome to Duloc song which is a spoof of It's a Small World

Attached: DG_0Cl7W0AAskUN.jpg (640x814, 49K)

I don't know if i would say it's top ten worthy, but it and its sequel are definitely good movies. A lot of people meme about it but even an overwhelming amount of anons said the first two movies were very good in a previous thread.

Shrek is great but the sequel is superior.

Katz hoped to be CEO, but Eisner promoted himself instead.

How would Disney look like if Katzenberg was in charge?

Shrek 1 and 2 are legitimately excellent movies, I even have fond memories of the Shrek 2 game.

I liked 2 more since i was 7 when i watched it.

That is completely the reason why Shrek has been so easily memeable. Around when it came out on VHS me and my cousins had nothing to do and we just watched it back to back atleast 3 times in a row.

Its a good movie and even with the memes i think everyone can enjoy it. However when I hear smashmouth I wont be able to keep my composure.

Olivia, GTFO.

It's a good movie, but I dunno, I don't think I could put it in my top 10.

also Farquaad can be said fast and sound like fuckwad. It's a jab at eisner's manhood

What does fuckwad actually mean? Semen?

probably means small penis since the character was presented as a short defensive cretin who feels threatened by taller people

It's also a joke about Eisner's laser focus on Disney producing four-quadrant hits.

>that erection joke

So did most Disney movies.

>All Star soundtrack
Oh, you.

Attached: 1457288639596.jpg (450x430, 19K)

Edgy probably. Katzenberg wanted angry, mean, asshole Woody for Toy Story

And also the reason Faruquad is a manlet, iirc, was because Katzenberg described him as "that fucking midget"

It was just one movie.You can't judge him solely on that.

Which era was your childhood? (Shrek in row 6)

Attached: 1517008897331.jpg (1128x1535, 2.08M)

It's a good movie. I wouldn't put it on a list of the best movies, but it probably deserves a spot on a list of influential ones.

You know that surge was a thing before back in the 90's, yeah?

Just noticed it's in the "2010-2016" panel and I loved surge when I was young.

Who the hell is Olivia?

Surge is in the 1996-2001 panel. Are you blind?

Oh shit, I'm sorry, I was mistaken.

Whoever made this spent too much time on it. Out of pure spite i refuse to answer.

>I even have fond memories of the Shrek 2 game.
Made by the same people who made Vigilante 8. RIP Luxoflux.

>born 1986
>don't recognize 95% of the GenY stuff
>about half of Early and Core genX fills me with nostalgia, Late GenX is literally my childhood memories

Was the soviet bloc a time capsule or something?

Why the fuck was Robin Hood French? Everyone knows he's English.

But his iconic look is almost like a parody of a weasly frenchman casanova.

Attached: robin hood looks like a bisexual french faggot.jpg (791x578, 59K)

I have a similar situation, the stuff that's nostalgic for me is either ten years too early or too late according to that. But I had a weird enough childhood that Pong was my first video game and Kung Pow was my first movie, so I'm probably not representative.

Unironically kino.

>Memes aside, does Shrek deserve a spot in Top 10 animated films of all time?
No. Not even top 10 American animated films of all time.
There's too much that's already been made elsewhere which is leagues better.

classic

Attached: shrek.png (779x548, 177K)

Attached: shrekman.jpg (862x816, 128K)