Interesting Comment, Will Hackers Make Future Robots Into Killers?

There was an interesting comment on this video where is said that a hackers will probably make viruses to put on Robots that will make them turn against us.
If you think about that its not that far fetched, a robot follows orders. It would be so clean for a murderer to just send a virus to the robot and make it kill you than for them to come to your house.
I remember when Furbys came out, they were banned in any federal buildings because they had no clue what they could do.
Now there is more and more coming out about personal robot designs, but how will they over come this obstacle. There is no way to be sure that you're 100% safe from your robot, and hackers can literally hide behind 7 proxies(the meme is real).
>TL;DR
Will robots ever be practical for personal assistants, and home care. Or are hackers too much of a threat, and may be able to use them to kill people undetected.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KEkrWRHCDQU
youtube.com/watch?v=YNyh8b7Pays
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fear is not an excuse not to try.

...can't be "hacked" if they don't function like a computer.

youtube.com/watch?v=KEkrWRHCDQU

Does it even matter when there are so many ways to painfully die already?

In a hacker and i would make all robots kill white males because of their privilege since Im in Anonymous.

Good luck catching me, Im hiding behind 7 genders.

Just dont connect your robot to the internet you retards

Hackers are just another way to say soldier. It's more interesting who's giving the orders.

How would they get software updates?
Video Related BTW forgot to post it in OP
youtube.com/watch?v=YNyh8b7Pays

if virus can control an ant 's brain
sure because we human is virus of the universe

I actually never noticed that Apollo looks like a virus

its up to hackers having PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their actions

they wont be any more of a threat than they are now. if a hacker wants to ruin your life, they will put in the effort to ruin your life. it wont be any different no matter how much technology progresses.
as long as there are systems there will be flaws. as long as there are flaws, those flaws will be exposed and taken advantage of.
Humans have been fucking each other over in creative ways before computers and other electronic devices ever even existed.

Lol, if I wanted to kill humans I wouldn't use a fucking roomba.
I'd over-pressurize gas/water pipelines, overclock and melt transformers and jam any remaining comms.

And if I needed to target you, just hack your car, lock the doors, disable the brakes, active the airbags prematurely and floor you into a wall.

Gotta ask: If you're going to make a robotic fuck doll, why make it freakishly strong like all the robots are in the movies? Considering if it's weaker than you it would be harder for it to kill you. Very few guys have the strong girl fetish.

Any AI of human-like sentience will have self-imposed security measures far beyond the capabilities of even the best human hacker.

The only way a post-singularity AI could be hacked is by a smarter AI.

really fuckin' made me think, yo. dat shit whack

will, stopped right there, duh.
yes it will be done hence why the army has yet to field them.

>if its weaker than you it cant kill you
Not necessarily im seen some pretty scrawney guys at the firing rage, and it doesnt take a body builder to drive a knife in someones throat while their sleeping either.

We've been having too many robot threads. Flesh and machines were never meant to merge. If we allow Symth scum to exist now we will regret it sooner or later.
Ad Victoriam brothers

This actualy happend to a car google it. Its real. Just search hacking into a car.

They dont have robots in peoples house holds and your pc def isnt going to just self destruct. All they can do now is steal your info, but when they can physically get to you through robots youre fucked