What did Batman mean by this?

What did Batman mean by this?

Attached: C72F0997-917E-499D-B943-A38D69CD01DD.jpg (395x263, 50K)

Then why does he keep sparing him and saving his life ahen the situation calls for it? Seriously, i hate when writers say batman hates the joker, the whole point of their relationship is that batman some how likes the joker as a friend deep down, showing his latent insanity himself.

Because that would mean Joker won. It’s not like this no kill rule is unique for Joker. He doesn’t like the joker or hate the joker to the point of obsession, at least in the good interpretations.

>Because that would mean Joker won
Isnt that kind of the point, that batmans really insane and just hides it?

Yep
It’s a really good joke, honestly. Batman is too insane to realize that by not killing him, the Joker wins.

>Because that would mean Joker won
Well no since he’d go to hell which is a real thing in the DCU and get tortured for all eternity. But even if that wasn’t true who the fuck cares? He’s still dead.

>Joker wins if killed, because that means he made Batman snap
>Joker wins if Batman doesn't kill him, because he still lives and always escapes the asylum
Well, it's hard to lose a hand if you have a joker and plenty of luck.

I think batman already snapped to be so delusional and self righteous to think that not killing the joker is the right thing to do
You only go to hell if you feel you being their, so with joker hed probably go their to enjoy it

Actually, I think it's not just about Joker winning but Batman setting an example to leave behind. Killing your enemy is so old school that it has constantly shown that it doesn't solve anything. Heck how many times has Joker did die on his own but always came back? Batman needs to win something much more than too just get rid of someone who he truly hates.

Calling Batman insane might be a correct word because he does something that contradicts a logical conclusion to a logical reason to do it. Batman does something that anyone of us won't do, because he believes firmly in something else.

Don't get him wrong, truly deep down he wants to kill the Joker... he has always thought about it. To say he likes the Joker as a friend deep down because he spares him just makes.... well you insane! If you believe otherwise than you don't know Batman whatsoever. Batman is the most misunderstood hero in the DC comics. Get to know him really by other things not the constant question of "Reasons why Batman spares Joker". That's not the defining story of Batman.

It's not plain and simple. It solves a problem (for a while) but it's just not the right thing to do.

>Killing your enemy is so old school that it has constantly shown that it doesn't solve anything.

You know I was about to disagree but it does make sense for a cape comic universe.

I don't think Joker values his life any more than the value of wanting Batman to kill him. Despite Joker's insane nature Joker too has something he is trying to prove. He thinks that morals, and ethics, and the idea of a hero is nothing more than either a good joke or a bad one. Believes that deep down everyone is just like him, that when they have a bad day they lose those morals, and ethics and eat each other to survive.

Well thanks... it works in our real world, but not in the cape comic universe. So, please don't compare the two because there's really no point.

>To say he likes the Joker as a friend deep down because he spares him just makes.... well you insane
are you dumb

Attached: RCO050_1468660688.jpg (1022x1600, 518K)

This doesn't actually make them friends. He's trying something honest to find another way that doesn't involve the constant fight. This is Batman using the hero ideal to save someone from themselves. Superman would have done this, as would have Wonder Woman.

Yeah I agree but I don’t think is just a fiction vs non fiction thing but like medium vs medium too. If you compare cape comics with fantasy novels by one writer for example. I don’t think the latter can abide by that rule.

>Well no since he’d go to hell which is a real thing in the DCU and get tortured for all eternity.
You know what else is a real thing in the DCU? Magical rings powered by an alien death-god that can bring dead supervillains back to life. Legions of archdemons who get off on fucking with do-gooders for no reason other than cuz they're personifications of evil.

If Batman DID kill the Joker, I guaran-fucking-tee you it'll just be as the set-up to "OH NO, NOW THE JOKER IS BACK AND HE'S GOT CRAZY HELLSPAWN SUPERPOWERS." Maybe he'll come back as a fucking ghost like Deadman and possess people, then what the fuck Batman, do you just kill everybody he possesses? Make some ghost-trap, that's okay Harley Quinn will still be there to bust him out because her character has achieved evergreen status too. These characters are too fucking popular to go away, is what I'm trying to say it's stupid to act like Batman's killing the Joker would improve anything in-universe or change anything about how DC editorial rolls.

Batman is so tsundere

So your saying the greatest serial killer in their earth shouldnt be killed or that it would be morally wrong to kill him?

Logically it would be correct to kill him. But morally it would be wrong plain and simple.

If you kill, you do it understanding that it is wrong to take a life, but it is logical to get rid of this person. But keep in mind that doesn't mean just a Good outcome comes from his death, a bad one follows too.

>Kill Joker, Joker wins
>Dont kill Joker, Joker wins
When did DC decided to give Joker this much plot armor?

>I think batman already snapped to be so delusional and self righteous to think that not killing the joker is the right thing to do
Batman was okay with Gordon killing the joker, was okay with Police shooting him, was okay letting joker fall from a precipice, was okay with joker getting caught in explosion, was okay with Joker getting hit by thunder, not his fault the guy just refuses to die.

And then Batman can keep killing him with a clear conscience like how he kills Grundy.

He was trying to make joker feel better. Haven't you ever seen the Lego batman movie?

Around the same time he stopped being a funny guy.