Homer is portrayed as a comically obese ball of lard who eats everything in sight

>Homer is portrayed as a comically obese ball of lard who eats everything in sight
>He only weighs 239 pounds and he's 6 feet tall

Attached: goku defeats homer like nappa.jpg (540x427, 31K)

Tha was fat in the 80s.

It's still fat.

Attached: Capture.png (808x367, 14K)

Put the fork down, OP.

but it was obscenely fat then, now its almost average

It's literally obese. Stop making excuses and get your life in order.

Shit, that's just fucking sad.

I meant morbidly so.

>Tfw shorter and fatter than homer
This is a deathly feel.

You literally have no excuse for the second you fat shit. Wven if you were chained inside all day at least have the decency not to eat everything in sight. Cows don't eat until they're sick, and there isn't a damn thing dumber than a cow. Fix yourself.

239 pounds was considered obese in the early 90's, OP.

Attached: tfw the gas isn't classical.jpg (573x415, 141K)

>now its almost average
45ish pounds over the average is not "almost average."

fucking boogie man
dude was like 500+lbs

i mean, shit, how do you fucking LIVE with yourself? how can you go past 220 and not want to fucking try to lose weight?

What is a goal to shoot for?

>how can you go past 220 and not want to fucking try to lose weight?
food tastes good, so who gives a shit

Being able to breath without heaving.

I can already do that.

im 5'2 265 and can do so

Not him but two to three pounds a week, dont stop until you hit a healthy weight, plenty of calorie calculators to help you determine what that means for you. First week is the worst because your body is designed to maintain its weight and will bitch at you for starving it despite it having way too many reserves. Set monthly goals but as long as the trend is downwards keep going, dont let yourself off the hook for fucking up but also dont look at it as an excuse to just drop the whole thing. I used to be 250 at 5'9 and am 170 now, still need to lose a couple pounds but I'm in a much better place than I was a year ago.
I felt the way you did but losing weight and getting more active actually makes food taste better. When you are obese there are physical changes your tastebuds go through, foods taste blander.
Put the amount of weight you are obese by in a backpack, this is how much is on you, pressing down, crushing your joints and on your body even when you are sleeping. No rational person would willingly carry that shit around if they had absolutly no use for it.

Will you BMI faggots shut up, why do you think you are better then others just because they are a couple poinds over weight?

Those numbers are literally me. Or were. Lost 20 pounds so far in the last three months.

I can hear your rolls trembling as you type.

Look, don't even set a goal just set minimum requirements. Join a gym and burn at least 700 calories per session three days a week. On your off days at least go for a 20 minute brisk walk. Make it a jog when you get semi-fit, but that's a long way off. You'll start to look good before you start to feel good and gain stamina. But in under a month you'll look in the mirror and ask 'who let this sexy beast into my home?'. In 4 months you'll be actually not fat, but there is always room for improvement so never stop.

Just do it, you'll not regret it.

I was 235 at 5'11" and didn't look like Homer Simpson

Though desu people didn't realize how fat I was then till they saw me post 50 lbs weight loss

including me

I'd say 700 calories a day is a bit high if he's that fat. One of the biggest reasons people quit the gym is that they go too hard too soon and end up never wanting to go back because of how miserable they feel

If you want my advice, I say just go at your own pace for thirty minutes to half an hour doing what you feel is right. In the beginning the most important thing is that you get into the habit of just going to the gym. Once you get into the swing of things is when you can start to step it up.

Doing some basic diet changes can do loads as well. Just cutting out soda can do wonders

Considering obesity rates keep growing it's all relative. What is considered normal today was fat 30 years ago. Maybe in 2040 not being able to move without a mobility scooter will be the norm

Attached: 1467158449823.jpg (400x338, 37K)

How much does an hour of lifting heavy things burn?

I feel like we'd probably start to slump into another economic depression by then, so that may curb things a bit

The definition didnt change you stupid, fat shit. There is no relativity woth basic human physiology.

>thinking that's going to last long with it becoming illegal to refer people by thier actual sex

Kinda hard to gauge. It depends on how much and how fast you lift, and heavier people burn more calories than skinny people, so we'd need to know your weight as well.

Really, if you're in the obese catagory, it's less a numbers game and more just keeping active. It's once you go from obese to normal overweight that getting strict with all that stuff will really matter

>Fat people then: Made fun of because it's unhealthy and wrong

>Now: You don't have to change! You're special! Fat shaming.

Eat shit you dense cunt. Unless you're a doctor the medical definitions mean fuck all to your average american. Over 30 BMI is now the norm, and "fat" is being incapable of getting out of a bed without a pallet jack.

I think it's pretty important to be demanding of yourself. If you get into a 'this is better than nothing' mindset you'll keep doing minimal excercise that you believe to be 'better than nothing' and never really push yourself. 'Better than nothing' is a dangerous phrase.

Incedentally, when I started getting /fit/ I burned 1500 cals per session and scaled down drastically as I stopped being fat. Of course I wouldn't recommend anyone else actually do this, I am well aware that it was very unhealthy to push that hard but losing fat alone can be compelling enough to do some crazy shit. So uh, I guess it works differently for everyone was probably my point there.

Not that much really. Building muscle is a good way to burn fat while you sleep (because that's when the muscles are actually being repaired) but cardio should be your #1 concern if you wanna lose weight. 15 minutes of weights and 45 minutes of cardio is a decent workout, I find.

>not refuting the point but going back to what he thinks is majority opinion and his bizarre fantasy
I can't imagine being this stupid.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but very rarely are people that driven. Between being so fat that you're struggling to breath and having self image issues to the point you're ashamed to be in public, motivation is pretty hard to come by for the overweight.

My advice is primarily aimed at getting people to a stage where they'll stop hating themselves as much, and from there is where the harder exercise will come in. Even just short jogs a few times a week can do wonders for a person. It'll get the hormones working and help get them into the right mindset rather than just wasting away.

I will admit that I have very little idea how calorie burning works at higher weight classes. I know fat people burn a total number of calories faster, but I have no idea how much faster. Maybe 700 a day is easier than I think

>takes obvious b8
Obviously you can.

>do you think you are better then others just because they are a couple poinds over weight?

Unironically, yes

Stop eating garbage as well.

Yes because Im being a responsible grown ass adult and taking care of my health. Good health should be celebrated over fat fucks who barely move and eat garbage all the time.

I'm assume it's the assimilation effect, you eventually become what you are often exposed to(specially if exposed at young age)
This is why a lot of people are turning soy boys and fags.

Well, to tell the truth I don't really know how calorie burning works at all either. I'm pretty much going by the obviously inaccurate readouts on the gym machines like the ignorant git I am. All I know is that after 46 minutes on the AMT the calorie readout always reads around 750 and it's time for me to stop working hard, try not to slip in my puddle of sweat and go home. The same amount on time jogging on a treadmill is about 350-400 calories for me, so I am being a bit ridiculous, perhaps. Not all gyms have the same equipment and the readouts may not always give the same results. I guess time based targets are best. Work real bloody hard for a set amount of time, that sort of thing?

I think it's more that companies figured out that the caveman part of your brain craves salt, grease, and sugar, and are catering to it as much as they can for sales. It's way harder to eat healthy today due to the sheer saturation of garbage

Not user, but BMI is stupid, since it doesn't inlcude your fat percentage.

>Couple of pounds over weight
>239
Even at 6 feet, couple of pounds is about 215 and thats pushing it.
There is a difference between obese like homer and morbidly obese like you.

no he's still a fat tall man
but not really morbid like Peter

Companies dont have mind control rays, its not thier fault people have literally no self control.

Goku is lucky he wasn't Homer Verde or else he'd be fucked

Attached: Homer Verde.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Yeah it's stupid. Fat people are gross though

Well it's not JUST that. Sociology is a thing, but yeah, it's ultimately on the individual to eat right.

What I was getting at, though, was that back in the day you didn't really have to try to stay fit. Food was food. Nowadays anything you have to actually be careful what you buy, since most things are turbo loaded with salt and sugar for taste. You actually have to go out of your way to eat right now.

I weigh 230 at 6' or 6'1". Good amount of it's muscle. There's some fat. I'm broke as shit and can't afford my gym membership. But still got a good amount of muscle.

Food was mostly animal fats and refined starches back then, most food still is but this time there is no concept of self control. There was no magic 'food store with prepared everything that is good and wholesome' in the past you either ate at a diner that served you the same unhealthy food most diners feed you nowadays or made food at home.

If you actually paid attention to serving sizes its not hard to realize how much that is in relation to the rest of your day's food. But thinking is hard. Blame everyone but yourself. You're fat because its modern society and not you. If you were born in the past it would be okay. It would be different.

Post BMIs boys

I can't believe I forgot the pic

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-14-03-49-08.png (720x1280, 94K)

>Only weigh 43lbs less than Homer fucking Simpson

Quite the wake up call . Though I think the BMI is bollocks. I'm 5,11 and if I got down to 80kg from the 89 I am that's only just considered healthy

Attached: image.jpg (640x621, 68K)

No, thats generally right assuming you dont work out heavily.

Is he comically obese? He's out of shape sure but he's not enormous nor does he have typical jokes where he tires out by walking or something, and when properly made up some people have called him handsome.

"only"
What kind of fatasses are on this board?

Attached: image.jpg (500x493, 68K)

link?

BMI is not about average weight, it's about healthy weight. The average person is not healthy anymore.

Look up BMI calculater in Google

>That feel when you go from 32 to 26.3
>That feel when you get motivated to get /fit/

I am 211 lbs at 6'0. Some of the extra weight is muscle given recent lifting but the bulk of the excess is definitely fat. Is that considered "don't even try to get dates" tier fat?

This entire page is basically a stealth /fit/ thread.

The best way to put it is this:

Homer is “80s obese” and hasn’t really changed much physically in over 20 years on TV.

Compare this to Peter from Family Guy, who is “00s obese”.

2 years ago I used to weigh pic related I have grown up a bit

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-14-04-09-14.png (720x1280, 133K)

Depends on how muscular you really are. If you're at the point where you're benching lmao3pl8 then you don't need to give a shit about BMI, it's not meant for you anymore.

Follow the format, no one will judge you. We're just here to help

I don't think it is making excuses as much as stating a depressing fact.

Attached: 1353931495121.gif (640x499, 544K)

23.5 i need to lose 20lbs wtf

31.2. My highest was 320 at 43.4 BMI. Dieted for a few months and dropped to 285, then I started an extensive water fast and dropped down to 230 over the last four weeks. 10 more pounds, or a week, and I'll finally drop from obese to overweight. I'm finally gonna make it, brehs.

Attached: 1426393971757.jpg (653x490, 32K)

How do you feel man? I think it's stress and realizing I wasn't cut out for the job I have now but we denying the truth by stuffing my face and getting high

I can post a full physical actually. I’m happy because I’m finally not underweight for the first time in my entire life. My doctor wants me to gain 10lbs, which will be hard because I gained 3 in all of 2017

Attached: A4EE8E42-E2BD-4496-8258-D19DE814B411.jpg (2152x1536, 990K)

I somehow struggle to see how meat and vegetables can come loaded with sugars and fat.

That sounds cool actually. Keep going strong user. I know you'll make it like the rest of us

Easy. Sugar and fat have to come from somewhere

Yes I'm better than you because I take care of my health. I understand if your parents didn't raised you to be fat and you didn't learn how to not be fat til you were 25 and it's too late, that's different. That's your parents fault.

My perception of food has definitely changed over the course of this fast. Everything I once hated now sounds delicious. Pickles, cabbage, sauerkraut, anything and everything you can think of I feel open to trying now. The sense of hunger is long gone, but my increased interest in food has directed a lot of my free time towards learning how to cook. I can't wait to try some of the recipes I've learned.

I really need to. A lot of people give me shit not realizing how painful being underweight was. I would wake up every morning in pain and barely able to move until I had a small amount of food in me. I have to force myself to eat more than I would normally eat. I grew up super poor and got conditioned to one small meal a day from the age of 6 until I was 18 and got a job. I can manage 2 meals now. The extra weight has been helping my life long insomnia as well. Hopefully when I gain these 10 pounds I’ll finally be able to fall asleep every single night.

There are plenty of episodes in which Homer overeats junk disgusting the kids, or his belly is shown having a jelly-like consistency, or when he tires while running after something...

Don't bother trying to help fatties. Those who refuse to take personal responsibility are unhelpable.

You'll fit in really well on /fit/. They don't know shit about nutrition either.

Let’s not forget him being used as a cushion for a literal wrecking ball because of his mass of fat or being forced to board the airplane with the other fat men

Kill yourselves, being a bit overweight doesnt make you obese or unhealthy, ftiness crazies

>and it's too late
Defeatist, it get tougher but it isn't like a switch is magically thrown on your birthday, Salvaging your body is perfectly doable for MUCH longer then 25 if you actually have willpower and a plan.

Oddly enough, despite being in my mid 20’s, I also grew .25 inches last year. Not sure how though

it's precisely what it makes you, you fucking tumblr expat.

I'm not noticeably muscular. I can lift an above average amount, what exrx.net standards would call "Intermediate" for my bodyweight, but that's it. 2pl8 is already a challenge.

Fugg, I'm not fat but sometimes I wonder what's wrong, if I'm simply dehydrated or if I'm to overweight anyway even without fat. I haven't weighed myself in a few months but I've not changed weight in years. I think I was 190-210, is that bad? I have nothing to weigh myself with at the moment.

Same for me actually. I might not say it out loud but I like steamed cauliflower and broccoli with some lime juice and if I'm feeling great I'll eat some pan fried chicken or fish
If anything man of help me lose weight I'll help you gain

I see OP failed health class

The only thing I learned in health class was the bit with the banana and the condom

I was starved my entire life. I have no idea how to lose weight.

Should definitely try to work on losing the fat then. Don't beat yourself up about being 211, it's not irredeemably big and you're way too small to get loose skin after a cut. If I can get dates at 300+ lbs then you can get dates, there's nothing to worry about.

>tfw 6'1" and 176 pounds right now

little scared. I'm going to skip buying a pizza this week if I don't poop myself back down under 175.