Has a sequel series ever ruined everything before it so quickly

Has a sequel series ever ruined everything before it so quickly

Attached: BeastMachines_Complete_SF2014.jpg (500x707, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Primax_496.22_Alpha
tfwiki.net/wiki/Uniend_911.05_Alpha
tfwiki.net/wiki/Uniend_610.23_Zeta
tfwiki.net/wiki/Uniend_812.21_Kappa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

korra
first beast wars

Medabots Spirits

>first beast wars
bait

>suddenly animals instead of vehicles

beast machines is good and didn't ruin anything

beast wars still exists for all the brainlets, no one took it from you

I mean, did you watch the show? It made perfect sense....G1 had tons of Beastformers from the Dinobots, Predacons, Insecticons, Seacons, Terrorcons, etc so the idea of animal TFs was not unheard of at all, and G1 dealt with wacky ideas all the time like Pretenders and such so the idea of Transformers advancing in techno-organic technology shouldn't be surprising at all. Also, they weren't "suddenly" animals, the bots in Beast Wars were typical TFs of their time period, they only adopted animal forms because they landed on a pre historic Earth that had no machinery in which to disguise themselves with, so they disguised themselves as organic life.

Also, let's just say you're purely coming from a meta standpoint and ignoring all the fiction, Transformers was tanking and Jurassic Park was a huge hit with kids, animals were huge in the 90s among kids.....you can look at Power Rangers, TMNT, and Sonic the Hedgehog too.

>TRUKK NAWT MONKEE!

>beast machines is good and didn't ruin anything
It ruined the G1 timeline, by being bad while the other 2 shows were good and seemed to have a natural progression, while BM took a turn for the worst and didn't even feel like a TF show.

Robots in disguise was a fucking slap in the face to anyone who wanted a good prime sequel, or good transformers show for that matter.

>It ruined the G1 timeline
Beast Wars is not in the G1 cartoon timeline, both Beast Wars and Beast Machines have both US and UK Marvel comic lore, cartoon lore and G2 comic lore.

RID seemed kind of harmless to me, I actually never watched more than the first five episodes cause it couldn't hold my attention, but from what I saw it didn't seem to be anything outright blasphemous, just kind of what you'd expect of a TF show going for like a 12 year old boy audience, which I assume they did because Rescue Bots was more successful than Prime, so they tried to go for something in between the two.

>It ruined the G1 timeline
How can it ruin something it's not a part of?

>Beast Wars is not in the G1 cartoon timeline
Not initially, but quickly it became the case that it was. It's what you call a retcon, which considering the dubious continuity of the G1 cartoon itself shouldn't be that hard to imagine, G1 while great in it's own charming way had a hard time keeping it's own continuity straight.

It was completely asinine and stupid, i fucking hate it and im sill mad this shit replaced the prime sequel i shouldve gotten.

That's reasonable but understand that Prime failed, hence cancellation. It's not really comparable to the Beast Wars/Machines transition IMO because when they ended Beast Wars it was more of a preemptive strike to avoid running the well dry, not so much that it was under performing in any way or needed to be cancelled.

>Not initially, but quickly it became the case that it was.
actually the flip happen. Starscream's Ghost episode happen first. Later on the three Primus references,Vok and other comic material happen. It wouldn't be till Beast Machines that they reference Cartoon material again with the Key to vector sigma. I'm not sure you have watch the show any time recently or at all.

Both actually suffered the same issue of having a change of networks happen. Fox had a lot of control over the Beast Machines show and Season 2 onward of RiD was appeasing CNs requests of episode amounts.

>Not initially
It was actually, but the stories drifted more to the comics. Fans wanted it in the G1 cartoonverse because it was "good" and thus wanted it to share with their awful toy commercial of the 80s. There was no retcon, even the writers made it clear during season 2 the show is in it's own universe outside of other materials.

Beast Machines is a good series. It's just a shit sequel. If these were a new set of characters who happened the bear the names of the Beast Wars characters (not uncommon in Transformers) then it wouldn't be so awful. I like to imagine Beast Machines as a what if scenario rather than an actual sequel. Basically my thoughts are that Megatron was returned to Cybertron and put in jail on arrival, with Beast Machines depicting the events that might have occurred had he broken free instead.

>actually the flip happen. Starscream's Ghost episode happen first. Later on the three Primus references,Vok and other comic material happen. It wouldn't be till Beast Machines that they reference Cartoon material again with the Key to vector sigma. I'm not sure you have watch the show any time recently or at all.
Like I said, retcon. Beast Wars (the show) was officially made to be canonically the sequel of G1, you can point out the discrepancies all day but that doesn't change what's considered canon, no more than you can consider episodes of TF after TF the movie non canon for not adding up to episodes prior. Plus, Beast Wars even before the cartoon was intended to be a direct continuation of G1.

Attached: beast.jpg (1500x848, 435K)

I take the attitude that they all just suffered PTSD after being gased and shit and it helps explain the changes in characters. That said I've never been so invested to care if a cartoon is "ruin" or not so it's just suppose to be entertainment and not a church.

Attached: 4chan.png (746x68, 87K)

Its funny that Beast Wars was such an accidental success.
The writers had never seen Transformers before they started writing season one. So so they were able to vague things from early episodes like "the great war" actually mean something when they got a little more educated.

Digimon 02

>Later on the three Primus references,Vok and other comic material happen
Death of the author means that the Vok possibly being the Swarm is apocryphal at best, their origin is never even so much as hinted at in the show. And I never got why Primus being namechecked was such a big damn deal - they never MEET him or anything, all we know is "there's a Cybertronian religion and Primus is the name of its deity". There's no reason that couldn't have been a thing even within the context of a Quintesson-creation universe. I mean, shit, evolution being accepted doesn't mean religion doesn't exist anymore.

You are contradicting yourself, you said that it didn't start as G1 but became that in . Now you are saying I'm right in . Which is it?

Attached: 45621162567247.jpg (1544x800, 77K)

Even if their were some discrepancies between the personalities of the characters between Beast Wars and Beast Machines I still enjoyed Beast Machines for what it was. I remember when I finally got to see the series on DVD for the first time (it never aired free-to-air in New Zealand to my knowledge) I couldn't put it down and watched the first 6 episodes in one sitting, always desperate to know what happened next and find out what happened when they got back to Cybertron.

And even if for some reason people did get triggered by the character changes, it shouldn't affect their ability to watch the characters as they were in Beast Wars and have that experience altered.

g1 cartoon makes it clear several times they were built by the Quints and even had time travel episodes to confirm it. Primus (or even sparks) don't make a lot of sense to have. That's why the show gets choppy, this isn't some one off fluke this is about 2 hours or cartoon lore and world building ignored for the sake of saying it's "muh 80s cartoon"

Primefags deserve a slap in the face though.

>You are contradicting yourself, you said that it didn't start as G1 but became that in (You). Now you are saying I'm right in (You). Which is it?
The cartoon didn't start as part of G1, the people writing the cartoon like another user pointed out were not writing it with G1 in mind, the toyline however and initial concept for the brand as a whole, was a direct continuation of G1 as seen in the comic I posted, taking place on Earth in the future of G1. THAT story never went anywhere beyond the initial toyline canon, which came out before the cartoon did. However, the cartoon would eventually be made canon to G1. I know these things are hard to follow.

>And I never got why Primus being namechecked was such a big damn deal - they never MEET him or anything, all we know is "there's a Cybertronian religion and Primus is the name of its deity".
When you have entire episodes that show everyone knows they were built by another race it makes it really hard to buy it all goes together. Now for comics it all adds up, even the Matrix shit which everyone forgets was dead and gone by the end of the G1 cartoon because it was just a bathysphere for leaders and not some well of souls of everyone.

> I mean, shit, evolution being accepted doesn't mean religion doesn't exist anymore.
yes but this is hitting flat earth level stupid where you have to ignore facts for it work.

Where are you even going with this? I was talking about the TV show and you bring up the comics? It's like you made a mistake and now you are just fumbling around till you make it seem like you never made the mistake at all.

Disneys DOUG

I always like pointing out the G1 cartoon Matrix was much like Avatar the last Airbender where each new Prime was getting the knowledge and experiences of the Primes that came before because of that reincarnation thing. Really bummed they went with it being some god relic because it made it a lot more boring.

What if it were both?

So I'll quote myself, you utter stooge.
>Like I said, retcon. Beast Wars (the show) was officially made to be canonically the sequel of G1
Notice how I said "the show" specifically. Because for those of us who weren't embryos at the time, we likely were into the toys as well.

To recap, Beast Wars THE SHOW was never initially part of G1, but it was retconned to be, and in doing so retconning any discrepancies with the G1 lore from that point on. Beast Wars the TOYLINE however, was always intended to be a direct continuation of the G1 story, I know this because I bought the toys when they came out and read the comic book that came with them, that was quickly discarded once the show hit the air. Retcons can be a hard thing for autistic people to comprehend I know, but they're hardly anything new in the world of comic books and cartoons, dumb shit happens all the time that doesn't add up because it's fucking children's media and as an adult fan you need to take that with a grain of salt.

That dosn't work out the same and as the one user put it it's just a "well of souls" which is very boring and has no real interesting places to go. There is a lot more impact that each hero that gains the Matrix is getting in touch with all the previous bearers of it because it shows a lineage and can create interesting stories of experiences shared. Current Matrix is basically a direct line to god which isn't all that captivating.

You don't even get where you went stupid did you? Here I'll hold your hand.
>It ruined the G1 timeline(in reference to the show)
>Beast Wars(the show) is not in the G1 cartoon timeline
>Not initially, but quickly it became the case that it was
That's where you fuck up first, it was quickly pointed out that the show was G1 and as it went on changed to a g1 marvel comic continuation. You went full retard when you got back to a wall and have no gone all over the place about comics and toys that were never even part of the original talking point and have in appropriate comedy have no outed your original post as wrong.
We were always talking about the show, you dragged that other shit in when you made a mistake and now all you have done is doubledown how wrong you were.

Attached: 1453210622178.jpg (680x680, 64K)

>Beast Wars THE SHOW was never initially part of G1
What? but it was as I said in

You're quoting multiple people you fucking retard. New to Sup Forums much?

Attached: 1452745006837.jpg (514x526, 359K)

I ain't reading this mess of a thread so I'll just say it here:

Canonically, the Beast Wars show takes place in a universe that's separate from the G1 cartoon and comics.
tfwiki.net/wiki/Primax_496.22_Alpha

Also, while we're on the subject, the Aligned shows, books, and games are all different universes.
tfwiki.net/wiki/Uniend_911.05_Alpha
tfwiki.net/wiki/Uniend_610.23_Zeta
tfwiki.net/wiki/Uniend_812.21_Kappa

Yes because there was no point to link all your posts, are you saying I need to do that to for you to understand what happen?

Ignore user, clearly he is having a rough time, mummy won't let him buy his tendes like he wants

>Canonically, the Beast Wars show takes place in a universe that's separate from the G1 cartoon and comics.
>tfwiki.net/wiki/Primax_496.22_Alpha

No, that itself is canon in a separate universe from Beast Wars that is specific to itself while referencing Beast Wars but not being canon to it nor G1.

You're quoting different people, assuming they are all one person, and then asking that one imagined entity why their posts contradict one another. You're a fucking idiot.

MORE FUN TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE SHENANNIGANS:

There are two universes where Hearts of Steel happened. One has the Ghostbusters, TMNT, the X-Files peeps, and The Crow in it. The other is the main IDW continuity, where Shockwave was a massive dick to the combatants for shits and giggles.

Both involved visits from Elder Gods.

u wot m8

>You're quoting different people, assuming they are all one person
I'm not. Did you even understand the post? You don't even understand why I link those posts do you?
>You're a fucking idiot.
You can't follow a simple example and assume if multiple posts are link that must imply they think they are all from the same person. Get some rest kid I refuse to believe you are this stupid normally.

>You're quoting different people, assuming they are all one person
different user but the quotes are showing that the conversation had nothing to do with the comics or toys that everything was about the show. In the back and forth you are having you missed that and got caught up on a point that wasn't talk about. user is still a bitch baby though

That's not even the worst one in the franchise

Attached: 220px-Transformers_Energon_DVD_cover_art.jpg (220x311, 36K)

Need I explain what a retcon is to you? It doesn't matter what Beast Wars chose to reference or when, because it is oficially "canon" to G1 regardless of how it contradicts anything. I'll give you another example that is outside of Transformers so maybe you can put it into context, 616 Cletus Kasady is CANONICALLY a Southern Redneck who loves country music.....that was a retcon, because initially he was a typical New Yorker and a metalhead stereotype. Same universe, entirely different concept, retcon. Green Goblin and Sandman were once cannonically cousins because the writer at the time thought they had too similar of hair, that was retconned after the retcon, it fucking happens.

Now that was a shit sequel. The worst Transformers series by some margin.

>because it is oficially "canon" to G1 regardless of how it contradicts anything.
Except it's not. It was never canon to any specific G1 thing. It has G1ish events in its timeline.

>The worst Transformers series by some margin.
That's not Bayformers though.

Even Bayformers is above Bakugan/Yu Gi Oh!!/Beyblade tier animu in terms of watchability as an adult.

If you're a downy.

At the very least it conforms to Western standards of humor, action, and sexuality. That alone is better than weeaboo autism on principal even if not good Transformers movies.

While The Last Knight and maybe Revenge of the Fallen might be legitimately worse, neither of those are 52 fucking episodes long.

no writer is man enough to write a post beast machines story that doesn't involve retconning the ending.

I mean why would they in all fairness, as much as I would be interested to see that Hasbro has no reason to put such a thing into action....why, to appease the tiny fraction of their fanbase that are the 90's kids chomping at the bit for more beast stuff? It's hard to put it into perspective being a fan, but the beast era is like being a fan of Azreal Batman, or Vinnie Vincent era KISS, or the Attitude era of wrestling....it is beloved, but a product of it's time and doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore since the brand is doing just fine without it.

more out of curiosity if someone can

maybe that madman scioli.

only cybertron and those in it got turned into techno-organic so any off-world cybertronians can easily be still be BW era or g1 era tech (with the exception of strika and obsidian).

it's too easy to put something down with little effort (godzilla final wars) while it's more awesome to make it work (the cartoon and the IDW series).

The Machinima stuff is the worst for me.

The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.