Why are there no cyberpunk comics Sup Forums?

Why are there no cyberpunk comics Sup Forums?

Attached: AlteredCarbon-FINAL.jpg (2400x1186, 619K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bdtheque.com/search.php?cboThemes=31&chkDetails=on&hidetop=1
senscritique.com/liste/Cyberpunk_BD/586768
cyberpunkdatabase.net/bsearch.php?category=Comics_Series
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because western comics only make superhero comics.

But that's completely false?

Why there is no cyberpunk anything? There are not a lot of books, movies, video games about it as well. There are a few, but really not that many

I... I never realized that and now I want some cyberpunk shit

We're living in it. Only the aesthetics have changed.
I suggest the move The Circle for that.

Attached: 1502826972922.jpg (540x600, 18K)

There's quite a lot of cyberpunk material in the realm of movies and literature, but only a handful of comics. I mean, manga has more cyberpunk material.

>Only the aesthetics have changed.
You mean now instead of cool grimey neon its obnoxiously bright and bleak whitness and apple tier curves and fragility in technology now?

Attached: 4A1C47EB-944D-45DF-94D8-9B26420B8A59.jpg (1440x900, 180K)

Well there was marvel 99 and batman beyond, so there was something

Technology moves too fast.
5 years ago a communicator watch was still the stuff of fiction.

Because 2015 was 4 years ago

Yes

They do exist. Just not in the US market.

Mind sharing then? Thanks to the nature of the internet, I can purchase or find these things, even if they're not in the US.

There are shit-tons, what are you faggots on about? Especially if you mean generic futuristic/robot shit, which is what most people call steampunk.

bdtheque.com/search.php?cboThemes=31&chkDetails=on&hidetop=1
senscritique.com/liste/Cyberpunk_BD/586768

Attached: Couv_766.jpg (650x976, 180K)

>or find these things
Nobody's stopping you, son.
Ghost in The Shell
Ergo Proxy
Denno Coil
Wolf's Rain
Casshern Sins
Texhnolyze
Blame!
Noise
Abara
Biomega
Battle Angel Alita
Eden It's An Endless World
Natural City
Avalon
Cypher
Eden Log
Altered Carbon

all that manga

>includes some aBe
>forgets SEL
wew laddy

And animu. I would definitely recommend the first movie and SAC over the manga for Gits.

But I'm specifically asking about Sup Forums related material, not Sup Forums, and I've seen/read a majority of your list.

I figured that and Akira are too popular to list. Then again, so is Gits...

But you responded to this

Ah, yes, only the US and Japan have picture books.

Bruh

Attached: Couv_1066.jpg (650x874, 206K)

transmetropolitan
the filth
age of apocalypse
aliens comics were pretty cyberpunk

Because cyberpunk is actually pretty limited and boring, and its potential has pretty much been exhausted since its big days in the 90s.
Once you've been through a couple series, you get the whole ideas and polemics about transhumanism, invasive technology and somehow nobody has managed to push the subjects any firether for nearly 30 years.

>pretty limited
Not really. More than anything cyberpunk is an aesthetic, it's when you create a world of high tech and low life. It's not really about the hacking and corporations though they're usually present because of the logical conclusion of such a setting where some people are filthy rich and others are poorer than poor.

It's literally just a setting. You're confusing setting for genre, although dip-shits have made them indistinguishable. So in technical parlance you're 'correct'.
Genre is the source of themes. Setting is the source of aesthetic. For example you can set a story about technology in a high-fantasy setting and its themes will mostly survive albiet with different analogies.
Cyberpunk is a setting that is heavily associated with a particular brand of cynical dystopian genre writing. Beyond that association it isn't limite in the least, it cannot be, it's a setting- thematic limits are the genre's issue.

you forget Cyber city oedo 808 and Armitage 3

>Implying there are no cyberpunk comics just to rouse a few examples
This is a recommend thread, isn't it? You can just ask for recommendations here this isn't Sup Forums.

Attached: CompleteMultipleWarheads-Cov.jpg (477x733, 199K)

You say that like it's a good thing. Sup Forums might have fallen but it held out longer than Sup Forums. Years and years longer.

yeah that's kinda on me, I see things more in terms of genre and caracteristics rather than esthetics.
But I do think it's pretty legitimate when it comes to cyberpunk considering how much the visuals themselves evolved. Transmetropolitan looks absolutely nothing like the codes now tied to cyberpunk but it was still a pretty major work in the genre. Visual caracteristics are necesarily volatile and will change based on trends and such things, genres retain their core identity despite changes in form.

Because you americans don't fucking read it

Attached: IMG_20170418_131245.jpg (1621x2048, 516K)

How about cyberpunk IN SPESS

Attached: shangri-la.jpg (980x490, 93K)

Cyberpunk originally IS a genre, with specific themes attached to it. You're thinking of "the future, with robotization". That's a setting.
It's a common confusion.

genres are mere shackles if you think too much about them.

When it comes to creation yes, absolutely. That's an open door to phone things in and go formulaic.
When it comes to using them for classification or discussion of trends within an artform, not at all, they are arguably one of your few compasses.

>it was originally a genre
Sorry m8, no. Book genre's are much smarter than music genres where everyfucking person can make their own and pretend it's a thing.
Genre are mechanical and thematic. Tell me how Cyber punk could possibly be considered its own genre instead of simply being a dystopian setting?

soooooooooooooooo there're almost no western cyberpunk comics

we gotta endlessly keep producing only capeshit comics and sjw ones and some vague artsy indies

pathetic

Why does nobody read Judge Dredd? It's literally the best cyberpunk comic of all time. It's been going for 41 years. It's been around longer than the fucking term "Cyberpunk" was even coined.

Attached: 1457754115307 (1).jpg (2279x1762, 2.48M)

Look bruv if you want to go full terminology then there are no genres within comic books because the litterary genres are as follow :
>dramatic/theatral
>poetic
>romanesque
>polemic/argumentative
>graphic (which technically contains all comic books)
>and maybe a few others I forgot because fuck it's been a long time
And then you have currents and movements, registers, tonalities.

>Tell me how Cyber punk could possibly be considered its own genre instead of simply being a dystopian setting?
By having re-occuring themes, what you specifically pointed out as existing in cyberpunk. Specifically de-humanization through technology.

You should try to read up on what you're arguing about, literally everyone defines cyberpunk as a genre with specific themes except retarded nerds on message boards who just like cyborgs and pretty colors.

>s-shut up nerd everyone says so
It's a setting because you can transplant any theme or structure you like into it.

>compasses.
isn't entertainment supposed to be escapism?

Because it's trash.

To an extent yes it is. But discussion and criticism of art is a different thing.

I implore you to take that comment back.

Yeah but recs didn't kill us.
Live action movie adaptations did.

tokyo ghost is really good but Im not sure if its technically cyberpunk

Is that the one with the robot samurai who rides a motorcycle?

Attached: cyberpunk_01-00fc+bc.jpg (2657x2022, 652K)

Attached: cyberpunk_02-00fc+bc.jpg (2643x1982, 567K)

Attached: cyberpunk_book_two_01-00fc+bc.jpg (2641x1993, 705K)

Attached: cyberpunk_book_two_02-00fc+bc.jpg (2672x2002, 588K)

I would say Dream Police is Cyberpunky. Fantastic art too.

Attached: DreamPolice_08-1.png (585x900, 260K)

"Once Saenz had done that, he started from scratch on the art using a MacPlus computer and the MacPaint program. The system he used had 1MB of RAM, a built-in floppy disk drive as well as an external floppy disk drive. Saenz had to use the Mac’s mouse to create the art, as they had no scanner to capture drawn art. He had to work on each page in sections as the Mac could only display portions of a page at a time. Saenz used the Mac to do all the lettering. Then, after the art was created, it was printed using an ImageWriter dot-matrix printer. This art was then colored in the traditional way, as the Macintosh was strictly a black-and-white machine at the time, and then photographed like traditional comic art would be."

Attached: shatter.jpg (690x388, 132K)

I remember reading one years ago, it was french i think, in a city in which it never stops raining, it was about bounty hunter (like most of them), can't remember the name tho, any one recalls anything?

I think you're referring to Moebius.

There's drek-tons of /cyb/ comics, chummer. Off the top of my head you have Transmetropolitan, Ronin, Hard Boiled, the Blade Runner comic, the Neuromancer graphic novel and Shatter. You even have webcomics like Drugs & Wires and The Outriders. Comics with elements of /cyb/ include Judge Dredd and Tank Girl.

Frag those things, though. Where's my Shadowrun comic, you fraggin' bakebrains?!

Attached: sr__unwelcome_guest_by_django_red-d5zr8r5.jpg (850x550, 351K)

Fuck this, i need SR comic

Nope, but i've found this, it's pic related, don't remember how good it is tho

Attached: Couv_36026.jpg (500x705, 117K)

Off-topic. Fuck off.

>Hey guys, did this particular setting exist in comic books and if so, why is so under utilized in comics?
>Off topic

Attached: 1505263158055.png (192x251, 67K)

In what possible way?

Damn this looks cool. Too bad I don't have the time or skill to learn french.

>Shadowrun comic
Fuck yes. In fact, why aren't there long running comics of several RPGs, the settings seem perfect for those kind of adaptations.

A comic in the Eclipse Phase setting could be awesome.

Attached: mark-molnar-ep-xrisks-doublespreadinterior-finalpreview.jpg (1920x669, 367K)

If by any chance you're polish i found the first issue translated

Nah, I'm not. But thx anyway.

Bump.

Attached: 1488138963383.jpg (564x749, 60K)

The real reason why it's not such an active market is that Cyber-punk is just really hard to draw honestly, so even if somewhere where to have an idea for it they'd have to vut corners on the stetting to go easy on the artist or expect the schedule to be a huge mess full of delays.

Old City Blues

Attached: jckt_by_juntaro-d4et5zf.png (474x700, 119K)

Do it as a standalone graphic novel and not a monthly issue.

Attached: fluorescent-black-graphic-novel+(1).jpg (1000x1000, 166K)

I struggle to differentiate cyberpunk with science fantasy/space fantasy

Is it merely the more common inclusion of robot stuff or cybernetic costumes?

Attached: grimjack 3.jpg (257x400, 45K)

>Is it merely the more common inclusion of robot stuff or cybernetic costumes?
Four words, chummer: "high tech, low life." Cyberpunk is all about showing us how advanced technology won't immediately improve our lives, that human nature will lead us to do fucked up shit with it. All the drek about megacorps, rain and neon lights is secondary.

Think about the most advanced technologies that the average person can have right now. Next, think about all the crimes that person can commit with those technologies. That's cyberpunk.

"The street finds its own uses for things." - William Gibson.

Also, think about the ubiquity of modern technology. Think about how easy it is for even the poorest among us to get a laptop, a smartphone and an internet connection. They're instantly connected to the rest of the world, free to do whatever they want (provided they don't leave a data trail for any three-letter agencies to follow). That's also cyberpunk.

Attached: 1506584594896.jpg (768x960, 238K)

Good stuff, thanks.

>recommending Ergo "literally copypasted a page on a topic from an intro philosophy book in place of dialogue" Proxy

Attached: 1380717255490.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

Null sweat. So many people buy into the soykaf about cyberpunk being just rain and neon. It's a good aesthetic but it has very little to do with cyberpunk on the outset.

Attached: 1498247899450.jpg (1280x853, 204K)

nawlz.com

But that's wrong you retard. Again you're just thinking of "the tech advanced future".

>forgetting Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, and the anime prequel to the new movie

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv_snapshot_02.03.18_[2018.01.27_01.25.22].png (1920x800, 1.58M)

What exactly IS cyberpunk?

In a potential comic thing that I've been trying to create for a long time, I've ended up developing a cyberpunk setting, and an overarching plot, about the equivalent of a tv show season in length, that centers around some cyberpunk themes in that setting, such as a mega-corporation that's running the city.

But, like, I don't really know much about cyberpunk outside of the visual aesthetic. I've tried doing some research on it, but I still don't fully "get it".

We WOULD be living in it if the fucking 50s had gotten its shit together. But nooo, we're living in the fucked up universe where mega corps have already taken everything over but gene augmentation just gives you super cancer and cybernetics are shitty and your body rejects them.

Attached: handyman-ASD technical report_ v_61 no_430 1961-p176-x640.jpg (640x668, 73K)

We didn't even get any fucking super villains out of it. So fucking salty, you have no idea.

Attached: c6LvSnS.jpg (992x800, 179K)

Does Southern Cross count?

What is the Matrix

What is Ghost in the Shell

What is literally thousands of other edgelord favourites

You might want to also ask Lainchain about Sup Forums cyber punk. They breathe and shit post all there is to know with cyber punk.

Nigga, if you want recommendations just ask, don't come around here talking that casual crap

Attached: d489c7f5cb4e1dff598a8594d0aa42a0_xl.jpg (446x700, 118K)

arisuchan.jp is better.

No

Attached: southern cross.png (639x360, 229K)

How so?

Honestly, I just like the site design and administration better.

Why would you even say that name here. Sup Forums is a steaming shit pile and that site already has issues with new blood being cancerous. Fucking hell.

>my shitposts aren't as heavily scrutinised
Case in point.
Lets move on.

See and read Neuromancer.

Multiple Warheads might be my favorite comic.
The type of setting,characters and art style I've always dreamed of.

I'm replying a day late just to call you a weenie.

Judge Dredd,Tranmetropolitan/GitS?

>I suggest the move The Circle
While I like the movie how is it cyberpunk?

Nah, if the fifties got it's act together we would have had the WORLD OF TOMORROW. With Spess colonies and robots and superheros, but NO. We get this bullshit.

Here's 102 cyberpunk comics to keep you occupied for a bit.

cyberpunkdatabase.net/bsearch.php?category=Comics_Series

>Thinking Blade Runner 2049 was a good movie
It had great visuals but let's not pretend that it doesn't suck ass compared to the original.