Hal n Pals Storytime

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.12M)

How's your week been Sup Forums?

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.24M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1005K)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-004.jpg (3975x3056, 2.23M)

Pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but pretty good. Excited to see how things turn out in this next issue.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1013K)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.31M)

Glad you're doing good my dude.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-007.jpg (1988x3056, 755K)

Morning Lantern! I should be studying for an exam right now (and the previous four days), but I'm going to fail it no matter what so I'm not.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.33M)

I feel you man, my accounting class is just unloading with the workload.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.22M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.27M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.32M)

I kind of dip in and out of this title, but I do really like this particular artist.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1001K)

Chad does it again

>the C.H.A.D. lantern

Played like a fiddle

Yeah Sandoval really makes the people pop.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-013.jpg (3975x3056, 2.27M)

Accounting is a bitch.

I mean I guess Kryptonians would win since they established this planet has 3(?) suns.

It is but I need it in my course.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.12M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-016.jpg (3975x3056, 2.18M)

I feel you. The class that's fucking my up at the moment is an engineering class I need for my non-engineering degree, so I'm kind of in the same boat there.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-017.jpg (1988x3056, 952K)

Kyle unleashes his stand 『Danger Zone 』on an unsuspecting Zod.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.16M)

Tune in next week when our hero fights the evil Kryptonian with the power of Nakama in Green Lantern Z!
If you guys liked the issue remember to support it in your LCS also GL Earth one is out so check that out.

New Super-man Titans Tec Action Comics

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 040-019.jpg (1988x3056, 996K)

I sometimes wish for silver age Lanterns back, when they used to be on par with Supes or simply could manifest kryptonite radiation. But it seems Hal remains to be the ebstest of them all of all corps he's beeen in over the years.
Or at least don't let them job so hard.

Attached: 1520062134411.jpg (638x354, 186K)

hnnnnng

Huh, a bit shorter than I expected, but that may just be me. Thanks for the storytime Lantern user, loving this one so far!

Also listening to the Devilman Crybaby soundtrack while reading this was the best decision I could've made.

Attached: 06495a81c3aaaa3b021d26a2342c518e5613fff2.jpg (709x752, 365K)

I get you dude but you need them to job for the story to go on, not much of a story when they're just steam rolling everyone.

>Kyle masters Jordan Instinct

There is still space between.
>We win every battle just by appearing
and
>We jobbed once very hard, let's regroup, attack again and job again.

Well I guess it's "okay" for them to job in this issue since the natives have anti construct spears ( I feel like that's the norm of GL enemies these days but unlike the SA era they can't do goofy shit to get out of it) and the planet is under multiple yellow suns. Also just realized we're near #50. I'm so ready for Parahal.

Well of they got to job it should be against Superman level foes.

I wish one of them would try sucking the solar rads out of their cells or creating giant filters around the sun. Something more than pew pew constructs.

Only Batman and Luthor can beat Kryptonians now.

what exactly did Kyle do? Pull Hal through his ring?

This issue was dull, this arc has had two issues now that are nothing but fight scenes

the lanterns as all dumb as shit nowadays, if they can't punch something with a construct they have no idea what to do

>what exactly did Kyle do? Pull Hal through his ring?
Yep, Hal is in a cell they can't reach and Hal and his ring are one in the same. The book is basically Battle Shounen the comic

What is hal gonna do that a lantern squadron couldn t?

o for fucks sake Hal, just GIVE them the planet. The natives are already peaceable under Zod

>the lanterns as all dumb as shit nowadays, if they can't punch something with a construct they have no idea what to do
So much fucking this.

Attached: 1510290206916.png (180x133, 50K)

Boop

if Hal id still nothing but energy, all Kyle did was reroute him?

Beautiful

This cover is great!

Attached: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (2018) 040 Tyler Kirkham variant textless.jpg (400x608, 68K)

that was fun...but kind of a lot of Halwank.

Shouldn't Hal be able to mop up the entire Zod family?
I mean, he and the ring are essentially living willpower right now. Hal as far as I know is comparable to fucking Ion now.
But nah, can't have anything be stronger than the kryptonians, even if it's one of a kind guy with one of a kind power.

what happened to Stel?

this is the 2nd issue of this i have seen people mention parallax hal is coming back, and i tried searching google for news about it and found nothing

can i get some info/sauce on parahal coming back (i think i read issue 50)? and why the fuck cant i find any info at all about it on google no matter how much i alter the search terms?

Their powers always fluctuate so fucking much.
One issue he out speeds an olds god speedster and tapps into the speedforce while also battling old gods robots with omega beams and the enxt they job to weak as crystal monsters that can cut through constructs. Move a rock then, idiots.

But that's the underlying problem. They can only be used smart as the writer is.

there's no info because it's just speculation for now

But ParaHal hasn't shown up in a while despite still being around and Parallax in GL 50 is tradition now

To be fair it’s a system with 2 yellow suns. But yeah GLs should be able to match Kryptonians.

the movement on this page is really fluid

Wasn't it hinted that Sinestros daughter is currently possesed?

Bruteforce his will so much that he blows up another planet.

kind of

Green Lantern books always have the best coloring imo

Well he did blow up an entire planet by going even further beyond last time.

I agree this arc has been just fighting. I think as an excuse to have Sandoval draw more cool shit, which is fine. Though I was expecting more cop-procedure, ideology debate. They're "peacefully" but illegally ruling a planet after all

Venditti is writing a Hawkman book so I think his days on this book are numbered.

Why are the Guardians back to being dicks again?

>the lanterns as all dumb as shit nowadays, if they can't punch something with a construct they have no idea what to do

This so much.

If you want to get into a fistfight with double rainbow powered Kryptonians, bring incredible amounts of power to subdue them.

Fighting them with a small squad? You better have some great plan and some asspull tech ready.

There's no excuse to losing the second time when you know what you're up against and you technically have the resources to win.

Two yellow suns? So? It doesn't work that way it doesn't make you twice as powerful,. Just like having two red suns doesn't make him weaker. You just have two chargers.

It's possible that the two suns make it so that the planet always has daylight, which would mean that the Kryptonians are more or less fully charged 24/7 instead of using up some energy at night. But that's the only way they should be able to make them more powerful

ONE PUNCH

>It doesn't work that way it doesn't make you twice as powerful,
apparently it does now

So what's the asspull going to be to end this arc? Since the Kryptonians are super charged maybe Saint Walker will show up with a few new Blues and super charge the GLC

haha like we'll ever see the Blues again

I have faint hope that the dick guardians are a red herring and in the end they will accend on this plannet, say that the Kryptonians may stay on this world as long as there is peace now, then just snip their fingers to turn the suns red and fuck off.
Resolving the conflict more peacefully.Until the next time they return, but hey that would happen regardless.

Hal Jordan BJ hour and chumps.

He's been on the book for around a 100 issues now.

Christ I had completely forgotten about the shitshow before Hal n Pals

>haha like we'll ever see the Blues again
What are they up to right now anyways?

Dead

What's going on with his leg?

10 more and ParHal is back

Again?

Anybody got the Earth One yet?

Is it out yet?

How's Hal n' Pals overall? I've only been buying the Baz / Jessica trades and re-reading older GL floppies.

Not exactly groundbreaking, but decently enjoyable.

So does space ape have size changing powers or is the artist just inconsistent, either way space ape is becoming my favorite background lantern

I bought a hard copy at my FLCS. Still reading it atm but I guess I can answer a few questions

When it hits a stride in an arc it can be one of if not the best DC puts out. When it doesn't it can be kind of unerwhelming, if not outright mediocre. It's a very topsy turvy book desu
The art is the same way, sometimes you get Sandoval or that guy who drew the Collectors arc and the art is incredible, other times you get EVS and its just average.

finished it. Its okay. Not worth the $25 cover price but I think Instocktrades has it for like $12.50

Yeah, starts out strong but falls apart once Kiliwog appears and it just becomes a by-the-numbers "Get the band back together to stop the bad guys" Story.

Which is a shame, really. The opening is legitimately great, I think the book definitely would've benefited more from the writer being more willing to be experimental.

at least the art is nice.

Yeah, the art is great, but the book overall does not break the curse of Earth One books being painfully mediocre, which is a let down.

mostly boring

That Hal construct over him.

Thanks, OP.

Both of these covers are OK, but neither is really doing all that much for me.

This art is nice.

this guy replace Stel?

he has size changing powers

Stand Master: Kyle Rayner
Stand: H A L J O R D A N

He's got this.

Attached: rowrowlightthepower.jpg (689x855, 103K)

>Stand: H I G H B A L L
Fixed that for you.

Doubtful. Hal's ring is made of pure human willpower while Ion is embodiment of willpower.

This art is fucking based. Nearly every interior page looks like it could work as cover art.

Weird how Lemire didn't get it. What are the odds he gets Daniel Hall Dream instead, since we're getting a new Sandman imprint?

On a sidenote, people asking why DC doesn't pushes Hawkgirl instead of Hawkman is funny to me. Do these people not know how Kendra character is? Kendra is basically a fucked up romance novel heroine. Her history is dead parents, past delinquency, teenage pregnancy, cutting, depression, attempted and apparently successful suicide, and stringing her soul mate along until last possible second. I don't mind shojoshit, but how does this appeal to the average comic consumer?

Attached: Daniel-Sandman-by-Jeff-Lemire.jpg (631x800, 161K)