Mister Miracle #7 Storytime

ENTER...THE APOKOLIPS TRAP

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.12M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-001.jpg (1987x3056, 788K)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.07M)

The Female Furies.
Can't wait to see what he does here.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.87M)

Good thing they're advertising this, not a lot of people reading this title right now.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-004.jpg (1988x3056, 2.23M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Oh Jesus, Help me...

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.34M)

>Prego Barda
Geez....

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.51M)

So Sup Forums?
Who's your favorite Furie?
Besides Barda, of course.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.42M)

This cover made me realize the baby ain’t making it out of the miniseries.

And I was so excited for New Gods Babies

Babyseid Is

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.44M)

None because they're underdeveloped much like Kalibak.

Lashina is unparalleled.

The Femme Fatales as a whole deserve honorable mentions. God bless Giffen and Didio.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

If they don't call the kid Isaiah after all of the blunt force religious stuff I swear to god.

Agreed.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.36M)

Mad Harriet, she was cute in S:TAS.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.31M)

You mean Izaya.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.31M)

Yeah, but I was thinking since Scott made this big deal about this happening on Earth...as if that was important, maybe go with the Earth spelling.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.39M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

I’m not that bible read is that Issac’s kid? I’m assuming Highfather and Scott are Abraham and Issac in the metaphor?

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.35M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

Actually, I was just going for the "reconciliation with the father" angle, since King seemed to want to play that up. And the English spelling because King is blunt.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.56M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.33M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.4M)

With how big Barda is, if she's that swollen from the baby, it must be fully grown to adulthood (or at least pre-teen).

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.4M)

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-024.jpg (1988x3056, 1.4M)

>Grandson of Darkseid

And this issue was actually doing so well.

so fat

>welcome to Cornelia....

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-025.jpg (1987x3056, 1.21M)

You've got to be kidding me. These lazy repeated panels. This obnoxious dialogue...

Action Comics: Detective Comics: The Flash: Hal Jordan/GLC: Injustice: New Super-Man: Titans: Wonder Woman: Thanks for reading. Support the official release at your local comic shop.

Attached: Mister Miracle (2017-) 007-026.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

>These lazy repeated panels.
I keep forgetting that most of Sup Forums has no idea to craft a story.

Wouldn't Cyborg have detected the boomtube and showed up with the whole League by now?

Anything that isn't King being an idiot I give a pass with this series.

Fuck off Gerards you tracing piece of shit. Show movement between panels, you lazy sack of shit.

He's being an idiot though but it's the brand of idiot he's already done in the series so far, like his "isnt's this SILLY?!" shit.

>Wouldn't Cyborg have detected the boomtube and showed up with the whole League by now
Sometime user writers want to focus on the characters they're writing and not useless cameos.

GET THE MACHINE THAT GOES BING! Hurry! too many Beeps, need BING

Since the issue is really just them dealing with stuff in the delivery room, the only things that stuck out to me as King's brand of New Gods retardation was "Who knows what will happen" and "Grandson of Darkseid".

Also...the Female Furies were wasted.

But it's on a high end of a relative scale to how crap this series can be.

Normally I would agree with your opinions but I think you're dead wrong about this series.

>Trying to give a kid Liefeld's name
I love it

Attached: 1515005160050.png (1043x701, 551K)

That's alright. It's 8 months in and I'm totally cool with people liking this series.

I just think it's really bad outside of small breathers where the thematics and revisions King is bringing to the table get put to the wayside.

Thank you, DC, for letting me experience being birthed by Barda.

You're only judging it based on lore and how much he fucks it up though. This issue is still retardedly decompressed and like you said, the Furies are wasted. I guess the silly names he throws out because "lel New Gods have silly names" bit just comes of as moronic to the point that I just can't take it. As a story it's really bad and I feel like Gerards just keeps getting lazier and lazier with each issues.

Yeah, it's basically a judgment call on where this series has gone so far.

The "silly names" bit you have a point about, but it's not as bad as the Darkseid Is spamming from the early issues. Which he seems to have gotten better with.

And Gerads' art is just a fact of life with this series now.

>Crowjack
Not that great tbqh

Fucking wrapped umbilical cord. I like the extra touch that gives

>I guess the silly names he throws out because "lel New Gods have silly names" bit just comes of as moronic
It's relatable not moronic. That what happens when you're having a baby and are looking for a name, you throw every name seeing what stick then you go with whatever at the last minute.

I think the point the user is making is that the New God names are all really shit.

That's his opinion and I don't share it.

>Which he seems to have gotten better with.
Not really?
And I just can't stand Scott's attitude, it was kinda fine at first but after the events that transpired in this series so far his speech is just.. pissing me off. As a bonus I also hate his stupid dumb beard, Gerards probably threw it in so Scott looks more like him. Like, King thinks he's doing this amazing depressive work when he's actually doing emo shit, and yes I just used the word emo unironically in the year 2018 but knowing King this is actually an accurate use.

Nice issue, especially for anyone who's been at a birth, which is highly doubtful here.

Calm down autist

That but also a lot of people actually name their baby months before it's born. This movie like scenario of having the revelation just minutes before he's born is just a cliche.

What's that wrong with "grandson of Darkseid"? It what he is

I was promised a trap. I see no traps.

Yeah this page right here pretty much sums the experince up.

Scott isn't the Son of Darkseid.

He was a hostage/leverage that Darkseid fed to train as a Dog Soldier immediately. Highfather actually made Orion his son, even though it was unnecessary.

>This issue is still retardedly decompressed
ever been with someone giving birth? This channels the male experience there. I'm guessing a woman reading this would hate it though.

Lashina

Considering Gerards recently had a baby then I guess it's safe to assume you really are in this thread, Mitch. Lazy fuck. And no, you can't use that as an excuse for the way you two knuckleheads paced this issue. And it doesn't channel shit because of the stupid way Scott is being written.

I thought her name was Barda Free

It's not a cliche though, it just what goes on during a pregnancy. You throw all the names you can think, usually dead family members, but then the day comes and the mom decides on something left field.

It is.
But that would get in the way of the joke.

Her Name is Big Barda.

Scott, that's rude as shit. Don't compare your kid to a depressed heap of psionic flesh in Granny's basement.

Her name is Barda.
Her callsign/nickname is Big Barda

Stop this. Stop. Just... stop. Nothing happens the same everywhere, you are, and will never be an authority on anything. You don't decide. I don't care that it happened to you, it doesn't mean it will happen to everyone else. But yes, this is a cliche, it sometimes happens in real life but not that often. Some people will have a name ready like one month into pregnancy, others will find a name later like just a month before, but it's actually very rarely that in real life people experience this cliche of naming him just as the baby's born.

He is Darkseids Grandson. Scott was adopted by him.

Why wouldn't Scott compare his own child to himself?

No I think it's literally Big barda.

:(

Okay Tom.

>Scott was adopted by him.

No he wasn't. Like Theon wasn't adopted by the Starks. And yes that's the first analogy that comes to mind.

Orion was adopted by Highfather though. and Highfather gave him the choice.

>Stop this
What the fuck is wrong with you?

You are.

I like this series but I feel strange that the main complaint isn’t how Highfather/Darkseid focused it is considering the whole “LET ME BE SCOTT FREE...AND FIND MYSELF”

Is Scott a cuck? why is he wearing a supes shirt, considering their history?

That was bandied about early on.
But it sorta fell by the wayside since it became clear the comic was never going to care.

>you're not an authority but I am and I get to say this is a cliche
You're being ridiculous, this is obviously drawn from a real life experince.

>and then...we... I got you
:)

It is a cliche though.

He was, it was part of the pact, he adopted him and then gave him to Granny to raise. Your analogy is the opposite, Theon was kept as a ward (hostage), he was raised by the Starks, not adopted.

There was no adoption.
It was a trading of hostages to keep a peace/truce/pact.

I think that's a good thing. Darkseid shouldn't really be treated like a character. He should be the evil you confront at the end of story.

You follow it, you humanize it.

Honestly, COULD this all be canon? I feel like the new gods could use a big change up. did Kirby want them to stay the same, or would he be okay with another writer expanding on his lore significantly?