In this day and age, would you say there's a market in the west for the magical girl genre?

In this day and age, would you say there's a market in the west for the magical girl genre?

Attached: $RNJTRMS.jpg (807x1024, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSkWZlNRd0U
deadline.com/2018/03/winx-club-netflix-adapting-italian-animated-franchise-as-ya-series-1202337726/
youtube.com/watch?v=IR0D8FoYCjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Todays markets are fragmented like never before. The type of autists who like the magical girl genre are precisely the kind of retards who spend five times as much as normal watchers on buying toys of a show or similar tie ins. On the downside they don't tend to watch in legal means. Answer: It depends
youtube.com/watch?v=XSkWZlNRd0U

Aren't there like 5 currently airing?

Attached: 63050.jpg (700x525, 33K)

No, no matter what tumblr and /cgl/ tell you the amount of women into that shit is minimal and they're the dredges of womankind, they're the girl equivalent of those guys that watch moe loli anime for the plot and buy the merchandise.

I mean, if the western market likes lots of cosmic horror and young girl's suffering all whilst facing demonic nightmares straight from some of Giger's deepest sexual fever dreams, then yeah.

Attached: tumblr_n4uywa1Sq11sfxaudo2_500.gif (500x281, 999K)

>they're the dredges of womankind, they're the girl equivalent of those guys that watch moe loli anime for the plot and buy the merchandise.

My experience is that this isn't true. Every girl who I've met who's into magical girl shows is hot as fuck actual mahou shoujo tends to have the best legitimate plot and character development anyway.

I know this will come as a surprise but... kids actually do watch cartoons.

Like genuine children and shit.

Weebs are a dying breed. There aren't many new weebs coming in. It's the same weebs as there were in the late 90s/early 2000s, rapidly approaching their 30s or 40s and not realizing (or caring) that they're getting far too old to care this much about anime because it's all they have to fill the voids in their life. It's rare to see a true weeb under the age of like 21 because kids just aren't getting into anime the way they used to. Even then, they wouldn't understand the foundations that modern anime is built on because they weren't around when those foundations were new and breaking ground. Stuff like Akira or Sailor Moon or even Cowboy Bebop is dismissed by the younger generations as "too old" despite their massive, lasting influence on the medium and its fans. Big shows don't have staying power anymore. They end up being little more than meme bait now, used for the latest, "dankest" memes then tossed aside when something newer and "danker" comes along.

yeah like that gay meme cat

Is this the new and fresh pasta

Evgenia is cute, CUTE

Judging by how popular Lady Bug and StarVs, there probably is. With some extend to other semi-magical shit like princesses, fairies of all sorts and MLP. All the girls I've babysitted are obsessed with all this sparkly crap.

>Yes, but obviously not to the same extent as Japan. Sailor Moon was big enough here that people getting into animation have been influenced by it, and we're already starting to see that now.

How is it that something that was extremely fresh and invigorating in ~2012 already extremely stale by '18?

My cousin's daughter can recite all the different types of unicorns, pegasuses and other fantastical horses. So I'm in agreement with you here, there's definitely a market there for the intended audience, just not fat neckbeards in fedoras.

Anyway, posting more eldritch abominations from magical girl stuff.

Attached: bdtxqb.png (800x450, 301K)

>deadline.com/2018/03/winx-club-netflix-adapting-italian-animated-franchise-as-ya-series-1202337726/

Attached: 509516-senki_zesshou_symphogear___01___large_31.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>In this episode, user projects

I work residential computer repair. Trust me, there are still plenty of teenage weeaboos. They eat shit like Yuri on Ice and My Hero Academia up.

Now if you're talking "I want to move to Japan because life is like an anime there, kawaai sugoi neko neko desu" weebs, yeah those are rare but only because the new generation is more social aware thanks to even shut in losers getting basic socializing practice thanks to Facebook messenger/Tumblr as well as rigorous policing re:orientalism and SJW topics within the social circles that attract these sorts of people.

that's less eldritch and more old testament

I work as a (substitute) teacher and i see plenty of weebs under 18. They are a lot less cringy that the adult weebs too. I never see the fat female Naruto type from when i was in school, its just normal nerds.

>Old Testament
>Not eldritch as fuck
Be not afraid, user. Be not afraid.

Attached: fd01a3becee6466ada4c40d24b7d6c831469209052_full.png (639x360, 349K)

Not anymore they don't, they spend their time on the computer/cellphone/tablet, death of cable and all that

Kids still like dragon ball and attack on titan at the very least, i see that often

Eldritch has become shorthand for "scary" rather than unfathomable, grotesque, or uncanny.

Attached: h7w7joF.png (808x384, 338K)

Last year I would occasionally sit in my little sister's anime club at school, and they'd have weebs as young as 5th grade there. My sibling who's in 6th grade asks me about anime and even obscure weebshit her friends recommenced her. She once came to me asking about Mogeko Castle cause one of her friends in class told her about it.

And they outgrow it by the time they're........12 I wanna say?

They don't. They get other interests that subsume it.

Nah son, there are still weebs, it's just that they aren't as cringey and retarded about it anymore. You don't see kids Naruto-running down the hallway with their ill-fitting Death Note t-shirts on anymore. Kids are socially aware enough to keep that shit on the DL and know there's a time and place for it now.

Spend a lot of time around 12 year olds, user?

Attached: chris-hansen-149x300[1].jpg (149x300, 8K)

>Steven Universe
>Star Vs
>Miraculous Ladybug
>Winx Club
>Lolirock
>Mysticons
There’s plenty of magical girl inspired shows airing right now OP.

My little sister and my girlfriend's little sister, yes

Attached: X0BsTv2.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>girlfriend
>little sister
>girlfriend's little sister
>probably two hot moms too
>maybe an aunt

You're living in a harem anime and don't realize it yet.

Off topic.

The only anime thing about my life is I'm dating a schoolgirl who unrealistically wants to be a housewife
And I guess our sexlife is kinda hentaiesque

Not from an actual magical girl series, but close enough I suppose.

Attached: 1bd375f274c3bc9aa5059c5fd19d52c709c0b358_00.jpg (225x350, 14K)

Attached: S-class.png (1200x862, 1.5M)

>There aren't many new weebs coming in
When was the last time you went to an anime convention?
The local con here in bumfucksville still reports attendance increases, every year for the 10 years it's been going.
I made the mistake of going last year expecting exactly what you said, but it's all high school kids and early 20somethings.

Attached: 7ca5895f22181a188305307729c2331993665609_hq.jpg (1024x576, 31K)

What is this? This looks like Raxepheon enemies.

it's Freezing

Those are the Nova from Freezing. Pretty good story all in all, and the Monster designs are neat.

Attached: df7843f587b2867233f14a845b1a12c31ab02663_hq.jpg (1024x735, 142K)

Attached: Deusmast.jpg (1440x810, 189K)

Would you still date your girlfriend if you found out she was Lucifer?

Attached: the moment that saved children's animation.png (1920x1080, 3.19M)

Precure probably has the best examples of eldritch horrors in the magical girl genre.

Attached: upcWpMP.jpg (640x362, 28K)

I mean DC is already tapping into it

Attached: Wonder-Woman Peng Deilan.png (500x707, 240K)

>I mean
This is the most annoying thing millennials do. Stop saying it.

You're right.

Attached: 1358638773530.jpg (1600x900, 135K)

>mfw she falls
>mfw wtf she never falls
>mfw but wait, Usagi always falls
>mfw this level of devotion

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (500x386, 94K)

There's actually no instances of angels appearing to people like this in the OT. In fact, half the time, people don't realize they're speaking to elohim until the being says something that makes it obvious.

>This is the most annoying thing millennials do.
Really, not the phrases
literally
Smh
SENPAI
Swag
Yolo
Or my personal favorite "literally shaking"

Attached: [Doremi].Smile.Precure!.Movie.DVD.[663575C0].mkv_snapshot_00.57.25_[2013.03.19_07.18.09].jpg (720x480, 58K)

Yes, there is a market for it.

But if "the west", and I mean America, tried to make it's own magical girl themed show it would be a SJW cesspool of fail and aids.

This ain't Devilman.

>But if "the west", and I mean America, tried to make it's own magical girl themed show it would be a SJW cesspool of fail and aids.
This. America can't into mahou shoujo, and shouldn't even try. They will only taint the genre with whatever cancerous shithole they end up pushing out.

Attached: Doku.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>mfw today at the bus there was a boy showing a drawing of Titan Eren he had made on his notebook to his friend
How did that shit ended up becoming so popular?

>tfw looked up how many episodes of Sailor Moon were aired in USA
>tfw not even two seasons aired over there
you motherfuckers never witnessed some proper anime magic girl kino as kids

>Sup Forums attempts to talk about anime
It amazes how clueless you fuckers manage to be while being so sure of yourselves

Essentially your typical shonen but a little edgier and like a lot of shonen, has a fairly solid arc early on that gets everyone hype and then gets progressively worse from there.

Sadly fucking this. Even Sailormoon is sexually fucking offensive by SJW standard. They dont mention it tho because a bunch of feminists grew up with it and like it.

I mean, it means those preexisting shits are OK but such a new work will never come in the US.

youtube.com/watch?v=IR0D8FoYCjg

Of course

But Rebecca sugar already made one, user.

>Weebs are a dying breed. There aren't many new weebs coming in. It's the same weebs as there were in the late 90s/early 2000s, rapidly approaching their 30s or 40s and not realizing (or caring) that they're getting far too old to care this much about anime because it's all they have to fill the voids in their life. It's rare to see a true weeb under the age of like 21 because kids just aren't getting into anime the way they used to. Even then, they wouldn't understand the foundations that modern anime is built on because they weren't around when those foundations were new and breaking ground. Stuff like Akira or Sailor Moon or even Cowboy Bebop is dismissed by the younger generations as "too old" despite their massive, lasting influence on the medium and its fans. Big shows don't have staying power anymore. They end up being little more than meme bait now, used for the latest, "dankest" memes then tossed aside when something newer and "danker" comes along.
All of this, so much.

what?
we got all of it and the movies, save for the last season for OBVIOUS REASONS during the toonami days

And it's utterly fucking godawful. Your point?

Attached: 1360013_original.jpg (1440x810, 145K)

Maybe in America weebs are dying off.

I really hope you Americans grow up of all anime and Japanese media. Youd be able to trash em all. Show us what youve got. MAGA. I wont join it tho.

wew

Attached: scoob.jpg (500x375, 23K)

Sometimes they watch television shows on those things too, you know.

You have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Weeks still exist. Jus because they're not the same kind of weebs you grew up with into the same shows the older weebs were doesn't mean the subculture is just gone. Kids today are more socially aware than they used to be and it's more socially acceptable to be a "nerd," so they don't stand out as much and aren't as ostracized as their peers. Anime is mainstream now. It has been for a while. Japanese media influences Western media more than ever before. Many modern cartoons are inspired by or directly reference famous anime.

Yes
Starting sentences with "I mean" when they haven't said anything beforehand that needs qualifying is more annoying than those slang words not many people use anymore.

Even if it's not a pasta I'm gonna use it as one, it works very well.

>Re:orientalism
What on Earth does this mean?

there was a bunch of these "weebs are out of date/japan is finished" posts on Sup Forums until the SJW/forced diversity fuckfest in 2017

this one may be one of them

Not him, but not really.

Attached: fusion-monsters-of-the-week.jpg (640x352, 90K)

>Weeks still exist. Jus because
As if I'd listen to a fucking phoneposter

there is, but no one in the west just doesn't know how to be both earnest and genre savvy at the same time so everything comes off as stupidly written fan wank or just disregards all the good elements of the genre in favor of superficial aesthetic.

cultural appropriation maybe

If Star Vs can thrive, then yes.

Cartoons watchers are a dying breed. There aren't many new cartoon fans coming in. It's just the same people from the late 90s/early 2000s, rapidly approaching their 30s or 40s and not realizing (or caring) that they're getting far too old to care this much about cartoons because it's all they have to fill the voids in their life. It's rare to see a true avid cartoon watcher under the age of like 21 because kids just aren't getting into cartoons the way they used to. Even then, they wouldn't understand the foundations that modern cartoons are built on because they weren't around when those foundations were new and breaking ground. Stuff like Ren & Stimpy or Goof Troop, or hell even Looney Tunes is dismissed by the younger generations as "too old" despite their massive, lasting influence on the medium and its fans. Big shows don't have staying power anymore. They end up being little more than meme bait now, used for the latest, "dankest" memes then tossed aside when something newer and "danker" comes along.

I was just trying to be funny but this is kinda hitting too close to home

TV watchers are a dying breed. There aren't many new TV fans coming in. It's just the same people from the late 90s/early 2000s, rapidly approaching their 30s or 40s and not realizing (or caring) that they're getting far too old to care this much about TV because it's all they have to fill the voids in their life. It's rare to see a true avid TV watcher under the age of like 21 because kids just aren't getting into TV the way they used to. Even then, they wouldn't understand the foundations that modern TV are built on because they weren't around when those foundations were new and breaking ground. Stuff like Twin Peaks or Seinfeld, or hell even The Simpsons is dismissed by the younger generations as "too old" despite their massive, lasting influence on the medium and its fans. Big shows don't have staying power anymore. They end up being little more than meme bait now, used for the latest, "dankest" memes then tossed aside when something newer and "danker" comes along.