Any of you guys checked out the Barbarella comic?

Any of you guys checked out the Barbarella comic?
I'm just looking for a comic that's creative, fun and sexy. Reviews seem to be mixed.

Attached: Barbarella01-Cov-01011-A-Rochafort.jpg (600x900, 520K)

if Dr. Durran Durran isn't in it, it's a hard pass for me.

Mike Carey?I'll give it a go then

I only read the first issue, so I can't speak for the rest of the series, but it was pretty ok. You can tell that it's a loving tribute to 70s Sci-Fi: acid-trip art, just a tiny bit of that "girl power" attitude, and lots of uncensored tittys.

better than the Bettie page stuff?
I was expecting similar stuff in Bettie Page and just got recycled tv quotes and boring plot.

I stopped reading the Bettie Page comic after that Space Commies issue, but I think it would be fair to say that Barbarella is definitely the better of the two.

It's worth a read, it's like Aeon Flux but better written cause it's Mike Carey

I couldn't get pass issue 2.

that cover is cool as heck

Agreed. I'd normally be down for retro sci fi/spy-type stories, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it.

How many issues are out? I’m a filthy trade-waiter.

#4 came out this week. I think it comes out every two months.

That's 2 more than i thought were out.
Has any user actually read it yet?

I tried it, expecting something in the vein of "Space Adventure Cobra," I was disappointed.

Attached: Space Adventure Cobra_v06c09p000.png (1885x1383, 1.72M)

>Has any user actually read it yet?
I read #1 the week it came out awhile back. It's about Barbarella's ship needing repairs and she meets these singing aliens and then she's thrown in prison for something and there's tons of titties and that's all I really remember. I didn't read #2.

Are there any comics/manga/animations in that vein you recommend?
Preferably modern stuff.

I'm waiting on the rips for issue 4. it's weird as hell and makes me think Aeon Flux. Enjoyable but I don't think I would buy the issues

X-O Manowar
The Metabarons

Attached: X-O Manowar v1-000.jpg (1987x3056, 1.85M)

I was excited for it and I got this variant cover, but the art work is fucking ugly and it ruins it

Attached: OCT171420.jpg (400x600, 68K)

>the art work is fucking ugly and it ruins it
oh man you weren't kidding

Attached: 006.jpg (1988x3056, 3.48M)

her face in profile. ugh

It's monthly. And I own each issue. It's entertaining if a little slow. Issue three she got the pink suit and it's kinda hype.

Looking forward to today's issue but haven't read it yet. Was actually hoping for a ST before I get home later so I can read it on the pooper.

Same user, I recommend Xena if people want stronk womyn but don't like the art. Nicer art but different genre.

I'm just happy she got her vagina back. Losing her vagina in issue 1 was a fucking blow

that's such a barbarella thing that i can't tell if trolling or not.

Can't say that wasn't the source for some of my hype lol.

Oh he's telling the truth lol.

The covers (and there's a lot of them) are more sexy than the interior.