Seems like somebody hasn't heard of McFarlane's suing powers

Seems like somebody hasn't heard of McFarlane's suing powers

Attached: not-spawn.jpg (756x781, 438K)

The same suing powers that helped him keep Angela?

It's a power to sue first, think later (or not ever), not necessarily to win

Somewhere out there, Todd McFarlane is calling his lawyer and he doesn't know why yet.

>Spike Lee
So how anti-white this is going to be then?

>part of Sony's Spider-Man universe
I'm passing so hard that it gets thrown into the stadium seating.

Meh, if it does well at box office you will be praising it to the skies.

Can be good. Nightwatch is so obscure that you can do whatever you want with him. And make him at least C-lister in comics

I absolutely will do no such thing!

He was sued and counter-sued, lost the first, dropped the second. It's often the way (in fact it's almost all of the way).

Similarities between the two costumes aside (and McFarlane has lost that case, as he's known of Nightwatch for 25 years and clearly, if Sony are willing to go ahead, hasn't sued or has reached an agreement over the similarity, assuming he did try to sue within the year or so he had to launch such a case after the character debuted), the two characters don't have particularly similar powers or backstories (at least no more similar in degree than, say, Batman and Spider-Man's deadparents/elderly mentor thing), so there's no question of his winning such an argument; and it's unlikely Sony would even keep the comic book look as, after all, like Spawn it's an unmarketable super-90s piece of shit that would, as you point out, invite the dumbest guy in comics to launch a vexatious legal action.

All other considerations set aside, the best thing McFarlance could hope for in all this is for Sony to go through with it and actually make a movie with a guy who looks like this - so that his Spawn rights would be worth something again and he could actually get some funding for a streaming show or movie. That'd drive some reprint sales too, which would mean (since we can probably safely assume he's pissed away everything he made when Image was a success) he'd have some spending cash again.

Yeah, but maybe we'll finally get that Aunt May movie we've all been clamoring for.

Huh, I actually have an issue of Nightwatch lying around somewhere. Anyway this will only end in disaster. He's like Prowler fucked Spawn, and way less memorable than both surprisingly

Attached: Prowler.jpg (800x1200, 103K)

Like the rest of Sony's Spider-Man cinematic universe it will never be made, Todd can rest easy.

I have no idea who Nightwatch is.

>I have no idea who Nightwatch is.

Can I be you? I don't want to remember.

The new Spawn movie starts filming in March

FUCK I meant May

Who the fuck is Nightwatch?

Was he one of Dwayne McDuffie's Teenage Negro Ninja Thrashers?

>Spawn what a lame rip off of Marvel's Nightwatch
who could have ever predicted the future.

speaking of Black Spider-Man characters (how is Nightwatch a Spider-Man character?) Prowler would be a vastly superior choice and he's too much of a negative stereotype why not based Cardiac who is a vastly superior character to both.

Attached: Cardiac-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-Wirtham.jpg (500x1036, 107K)

>a Spike Lee joint
that-that wasn't just what he called NBA 2k16's story mode?

Nightwatch is like Spawn meets Booster Gold, he's a teacher who was fucking one of his students, when he went to stop her from flying to Paris he was ambushed by himself from the future as Nightwatch who died soon after, the teacher than took the living techosuit from his dead future body and became Nightwatch trying to solve his own future murder and how he became a superhero in the first place.

the suit evolves and adapts to situations looking different form encounter to encounter.

Attached: this is what BLACK MEN wore in the 90's.jpg (408x610, 84K)

it's what he call all of his productions.

>flying to Paris he was ambushed by himself from the future as Nightwatch who died soon after
>trying to solve his own future murder

We Le Jetee/12 Monkeys now!

Attached: tmp_8014-LaJetee_B2_Japan-3806142397.jpg (900x753, 241K)

So beside promising the spawn movie every couple months and sueing people, what else is this hack doing?

If this happens, watch how fast Marvel retcons Soule's "Nightwatch was a villain all along" story from his She-Hulk series

that's so fucking stupid

>Cheo Hodari Coker

after Corker ruined Luke Cage by making him corny and boring and nothing like his comic counterpart, I dont want him near any comic property ever again

Cardiac is more of an anti-hero, he's a killer vigilante who eventually toned things down enough to work with other heroes. He's a guy you'd introduce in someone else's movie, with the aim of a possible spin-off.

>Corker ruined Luke Cage by making him corny
It's like you've never read Cage comics before.

I wonder if this will reach the same level of hype with black people like Black Panther did. I kinda doubt it though, I just think it would be funny to have Nightwatch fans suddenly come out of the woodwork.