Bittersweet Candy Bowl - bcb

OTP

Attached: [email protected] (1600x2210, 1.26M)

Don’t read this comic

Why is Mike always right?

Every time there appears to be a satisfying dramatic direction for this comic to move in it gets strangled in its infancy.

Or I guess Mike flipping the fuck out was just *foreshadowing* for when, months from now, it might matter? Unless that gets quashed right afterwards too?

>Sandy gives Mike non-stop bullshit about the ways he likes to have fun and takes completely innocuous acts as massive slights
>Paulo forgives Mike was smashing his face into a table and tells to lighten up and enjoy life

Attached: emote.png (128x128, 22K)

>Sandy gives Mike shit for having "childish" interests
>This results in Mike having to pack his games away
Jesus Christ this just makes me sad. I get that Mike is trying his best to make this relationship work, but having to remove your favorite hobby because your LD girlfriend doesn't like it, is just depressing.

He actually hadn't played games much since he fell out with Lucy; he wasn't much for single-player games.

Holy fucking shit actual development between characters and a positive plot development. It's like seeing a unicorn riding a rainbow.

Now let's see if it sticks for once.

>Taeshi makes every ship trash so that PauloxMike is considered a nuanced gay ship by comparison.

Its a bold strategy. Thread with usual title in /trash/.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p5hf59VCcn1vd80p0_400.png (400x400, 288K)

Honestly I think Sandy is like that due to her mother.

I could see that being in this business, she forced Sandy to "grow up" quickly, and as such is uncomfortable with things she finds immature. Sandy never got the chance to grow up as a "normal girl", I wouldn't be surprised if Sandy's mom yelled, "Why don't you just grow up?!" at her at one point when she just wanted to play.

Attached: [email protected] (1600x2178, 558K)

>positive plot development
>Not wanting to see everything crash and burn
I'm just waiting when the story either
>Has Lucy spill the beans of her suicide attempt and everyone completely abandons Mike, including Paulo
or
>Lucy's friendship with Augustus grows but ultimately ends with Alejandro finding out whats going on and beats Augustus an inch from death away in front of Lucy

>Sandy's mom yelled, "Why don't you just grow up?!" at her
She didn't yell it. It was probably a cold remark, with a slightly disgusted/disappointed tone
>"Ugh, why don't you just grow up?"
That would hit a child harder than yelling.

But didn't he still have his game set out since then? He even played while Sandy watched, which means he must've played some sort of single player.

Alejandro is out of the story, user.
Taeshi specifically wrote "Love Again" to completely abandon the whole subplot with the gang thing, while keeping Augustus from it.

looking at this art pisses me off
current art just looks artificial as fuck

I don't see how it ends the subplot. Just cause Gus has a new home don't mean they don't know where he goes to school and shit.

"Trapped" depicted Alejandro as a lazy manchild, though. He didn't even know that "the white one" had "moved away" months previous.

I hope not. Anime-tier as it is, that sub-plot is the only vaguely interesting thing this comic has going for it.

See

He'll stop being lazy when he finds out Gus cucked him.

>people implying Paulo didnt have it coming for cutting too deep with the "your gf ignores u haha" comment

I would've smashed his face too

not that any of this "development" matters 2 pages from now when all involved members have completely shifted personalities and out of character outbursts again and cause a drama only to be ended 4-6 pages later in a teary-eyed apology and hug

Attached: 15546468735.png (540x424, 243K)

Maybe Paulo will get to score with Mike. As he said himself, 'bros before hoes'. That would be an interesting development.

By that logic, Paulo will also score Daisy since he did refer to her as his "bro."

And yet, sad as it may be, my point stands.

Why hugs is wrong? You don't like hugs? Hugs are cool.

Subplot is abandoned, user.
Pack it up.

Attached: 13283 - Alejandro Draw_Stream Taeshi_(Artist) parody.png (1200x800, 846K)

If he's made up with Paulo so easily, I hope Mike later apologizes to his other friends being such shitheads.

So is Mike too mature or too childish?

Yes

Correct

>implying he hasn't already forgotten he even saw Sue today, let alone remembering yelling at her

He looked really fucking depressed. Even ready to just lay down and take a beating from Paulo. Probably feels guilty as shit every passing moment because of Lucy and other people he hurt.

This is pretty unrealistic.

He's childish in thinking he has to act mature

So we're making Mike gay, too, now? You can either make every character gay or have a decent webcomic, but you can't do both. You have to trust me on this, I read homestuck.

I actually like the ship in spite of myself but I know it would cheapen what's going on here if Paulo was just doing this because he wants some boipucci.

Hey, you're right, cats can't talk!

All of this Polo show ruining just so Vero can ship Lucy and Augustus.

Do Paulo and Mike have a competition about who can out-manlet the other?

No thanks, user. I dare to hope Taeshi might get her head out of her ass yet.

Just wait til someone comments on her racist ass and they will find a way to find the racist.

Paulo is slowly taking Lucy's spot in every place of Mike's life. First, as a Sandy advisor, now as the main vidya buddy. And eventually as a romantic interest, this time a non-toxic one, unlike Lucy.
Taeshi has been homing on the MxP ship all along, and we've been so blinded by the other ships that we didn't see this coming. Paulo x Daisy was just a huge, threatening red herring.

>it would cheapen what's going on here if Paulo was just doing this because he wants some boipucci.
Inescapable; they barely seem like friends at all before the scene where Paulo keeps stealing glances at Mike and blushing. Since then he's been very attentive.

I would legit laugh along with the madwoman if she did this.

Attached: pololol.jpg (218x234, 16K)

Attached: mfw.png (297x544, 148K)

I just had a terrible thought: What if Paulo is only paling around with Mike cause his flip-out makes Mike look like Lucy-lite and Orange Giant needs his tsundere fix?

Best ending.

Attached: 13346 - MikexPaulo Taeshi_(Artist) edit.png (800x609, 444K)

Are these cats gay? Is it worth reading for gay cats?

Attached: 1519521251024.png (556x543, 328K)

>Are these cats gay?
The gayness of the cats is a relatively recent phenomenon and generally detracts from the comic instead of making it better. It's pretty alright here, though, granted.

>Is it worth reading
Do you value your mental health?

Not officially... yet.

Attached: mikexpaulo.png (1200x1518, 1.77M)

A grey one - probably not, a red one - maybe.

If Taeshi's going for a "Paulo crushing on Mike" thing, this is probably the most realistic action, since Mike has literally never shown any interest in boys.

Also, it reflects really badly on Paulo if Mike slamming him into a table and acting like Lucy is what gets him to start actively pining after Mike, especially after Lucy snubs him. All these kids need therapy.

>If Taeshi's going for a "Paulo crushing on Mike" thing, this is probably the most realistic action
You almost make the "homo polo" sound like a good development, and not that everything gone from shit so even Satan doesn't want anything to do with it.

That's the thing, some of these plot turns could be good in theory. It's what makes this so frustrating to me.

The monicker of this comic is "wasted potential"

Nah, Lucy x Mike train is gonna happen regardless - this shit has been pounded in since the beginning and no matter how nonsensical,toxic or terrible the ship is, it WILL happen. We're just waiting for the giant-break up with Sandy first. Paulo will be there to ease Mike from doing anything drastic ala An-Hero-ing like Lucy did.

As much as Taeshi likes to tease gay ships, she is horrible at writing gay characters. There is only one gay couple in the story and they are SHIT (Madison x Jessica), Matt is there for tumblr brownie points as he is never gonna get a BF - him being a lonesome only gay dude (who ironically has no attraction to Paulo, the only other homo-male-cat in all of Roseville) because Jordan isn't gay (or has shown no interest). They are such rudimentary basic secondary characters we won't see any development what so ever.

So yeah, this is Tae doing the same old queer-baiting bullshit. She is feeding shipper with no intent in having any pay-off because this comic's lifeblood is shipping fuel. Paulo is bisexual because it feeds into tumblr-narrative and its so funny to make him blushy around guys!!1 Not to mention the bad stereotype of bisexuals sleezing over everyone and Paulo literally having a crush on the vast majority of characters in the comic. GUESS HE REALLY PUTS THE BI IN BICYCLE.

*IF* she brings back Alejandro it will be some stupid show-down with another fight sequence (maybe) that bonds Lucy and Mike, Augustus gets vindicated as they get arrested - possibly pushes Daisy and Paulo together too. Because most of the deep-bonding has been over dramatic-life-threatening advents in the story.

Perfect match for Sandy.

Paulo has exhibited romantic interest in Lucy, Tess, Daisy, Mike, maybe even David
Sexual interest in: Jess, Rachel, Madison, maybe Matt.

Who doesn't Paulo want to fuck in this comic?

Are they gonna yiff yet?

Hopefully. For now, our only hope are threads like this

>Who doesn't Paulo want to fuck in this comic?

Attached: suexpaulo.png (315x231, 164K)

>Sexual interest in: Jess
Eh, I don't know. She said "want sum fuk" and he said yes. Most drunk 15-year-old boys would.

Yeah, sexual interest.

Do not read this comic.

>As much as Taeshi likes to tease gay ships, she is horrible at writing gay characters. There is only one gay couple in the story and they are SHIT (Madison x Jessica), Matt is there for tumblr brownie points as he is never gonna get a BF - him being a lonesome only gay dude (who ironically has no attraction to Paulo, the only other homo-male-cat in all of Roseville) because Jordan isn't gay (or has shown no interest). They are such rudimentary basic secondary characters we won't see any development what so ever.

>So yeah, this is Tae doing the same old queer-baiting bullshit. She is feeding shipper with no intent in having any pay-off because this comic's lifeblood is shipping fuel. Paulo is bisexual because it feeds into tumblr-narrative and its so funny to make him blushy around guys!!1 Not to mention the bad stereotype of bisexuals sleezing over everyone and Paulo literally having a crush on the vast majority of characters in the comic. GUESS HE REALLY PUTS THE BI IN BICYCLE.

So what you're saying is Taeshi has chosen the "fuck consistency and effort, gimme quick money and progressive points" direction?

Also, lol'd at the bicycle thing like I'm a immature ass.

Lewd.

Attached: 5398427542386623.png (283x518, 130K)

power bottom mike when?

Attached: Paulo tight.png (500x703, 699K)

The funny thing is, is that as soon as tumblr realizes they're falling victim to queer-baiting, they'll jump ship. They hate that shit.