ZDARSKY Signs MARVEL Exclusive, Allowed to 'Do Whatever He Wants (Maybe)'

>“I’m thrilled to be with Marvel,” Zdarsky said. “This deal means I get to do whatever I want with whatever characters I want and nobody can stop me, which is great. I feel reinvigorated, like someone slapped a new #1 on me and, honestly? I couldn’t be happier.”

>As part of the Zdarsky announcement, Marvel mentioned two new annuals Zdarsky is writing Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1 with artist Mike Allred, and Marvel 2-In-One Annual #1 with artist Declan Shalvey.

>“What more can be said about Chip Zdarsky that he hasn't already said about himself?” said editor-in-chief C.B. Cebulski. “But seriously, in the time he's been at Marvel, Chip's shown us all the most amazing range of skills as a writer, from his biting humor on Howard the Duck, to the way he approaches Marvel continuity in original ways in Peter Parker, to the heart and humanity he brings to Marvel 2-in-One. We're proud to have him as part of the Marvel family and to let him do whatever he wants with whatever characters he wants. Maybe.”

Attached: 1.png (723x752, 684K)

Good for him. Though a lot of people give it shit, I enjoyed both of his Howard The Duck runs.

I'll give him credit, he did more with Spidey than Slott has done in ten years. Hell, Zdarksy even had JJJ find out Peter is Spider-Man. Slott just had Norman figure out Peter is Spidey after two hundred issues!

>full frontal Spider-taint

delete this

That's great. He gave us two good issues today.

RIP DC

Akira will be the death of DC for good

Marvel 2-In-One Annual #1 cover by Chip himself

Attached: 2-1.png (921x1400, 1.66M)

I still can't believe that he did 180 since PPSS #5

is DC finished

Good for him i have been enjoying the fuck out of his spiderman and two and one

nice.

What other earlier stuff has he written? I've only read 2 in 1 (and I know he has that Spider-Man book)

Zdarsky writes hilarious dialogue, but he needs to be paired with someone who can do plots for him.

On the contrary. DC is saved with this news.

What’s happening to Sex Criminals?

Attached: 79F49B9F-D864-461C-8196-77F32068AE5C.jpg (540x498, 77K)

Nigga is it opposite day,because reverse that and it's 100% true for Chip.

today's 2 in 1 was perfectly plotted and paced. he's not perfect, but no one is.
fuck...I hate Fraction but I have to read this

>Do Whatever He Wants
>Maybe

Attached: 1500656956580.jpg (720x405, 58K)

>LELSORANDUMB loser stays in the Marvel dumpster
Good.

>Stretch'd

It’s pretty good man. There’s 4 volumes out right now. You can get a feel for it with vol 1, but I like it enough to pull it.

He's improved his Spidey run a lot, but his quips for Spidey are still pretty stale and unfunny. Current issue showcases that pretty well IMO.

Zdarksy didn't do anything for dc. They didn't lose anything.

>Marvel is finally desperate enough to give free reigns to writers
I hope this is a sign for the better and not a flop like WCW

Beggars can't be choosers.

I thought DC was the WCW equivalent as it has time and time again taken Marvel's old guard.

>Hell, Zdarksy even had JJJ find out Peter is Spider-Man
Didn't Slott do that and Chip just didn't ignore it?

Son of a fucking bitch.
I misread that and saw the white armor, so I thought they were bringing back Superior Iron Man for a second.

Attached: 1473407004526.jpg (1280x720, 490K)

Zdarksy did it in PPSM #6. Slott is the one that didny ignore it and is using it.

Im enjoying Zdarsky’s books. Im glad he got this deal

that's right, mixed it up. spidey isn't really one of the characters I pull but since he's Spider-Man I try to stay up on story times. Company doesn't make it easy printing 20 books with all the same names.

DC is WWE because they are the mainstay, the longest running business, and Rebirth was basically Attitude Era with reversed theme
Marvel is WCW because they are the younger company but much more successful, but the success ended up poisoning the well.

Now of course all this analogy is moot because WCW died, and Marvel won't die for a while

>give free reigns to writers
But that's what they have been doing for years!

Is Spectacular Spider-Man good?

Slott didn’t ignore it. Although I feel that with what happened last Slott issue JJJ revealed to be whom Norman captured, memory wipes and all it will just go back to the status quo.

It takes 6 issues for it to finally get good but when it gets good, it's FUCKING good.

>Zdarksy didn't do anything

And he did even less for Archie, other than help kill their entire initiative. He could even make a Juggie humor book into a thing.

so I guess just more sjw crap with constantly some strong wyman showing up to save spidy and to tell him that he needs to check his "white male privilege"

What book have you been reading?

Are you dumb? Brainless? A fucking moron?

His Star-Lord was underrated as fuck too, especially the annual.

>like someone slapped a new #1 on me
Not-so-subtle dig at Marvel?

you really don't, it's not particularly good

pretty sure he did that with Howard the Duck too, when it got two #1s in a year because of relaunches

or maybe that was Squirrel Girl

Nice one

I think he does action ok, maybe even more then ok. The problem with spiderman is that it is not just action, spiderman should be funny. He should throw jokes around etc Zdarsky is not very good with writing stuff funny, or to be more precise stuff he finds funny is not very funny at all.

>pretty sure he did that with Howard the Duck too, when it got two #1s in a year because of relaunches
Yeah, there was a little "Editor's Note" box that said something like "See: Howard The Duck #1 for details (not THAT #1, the #1 from 2015). His entire Howard run was one big subtle "fuck you" to Marvel and current trends in comics.

So Samnee, Walker, and Walta are gone.

And Thompson and Zdarsky are their new exclusives so far and Brisson signed one a few months ago.
Curious to see who else signs one under Akira.

has Cates signed exclusive yet?

Yeah, last summer.

it was a good run

Attached: chip draws dd.jpg (976x1500, 143K)