IPhone to be Manufactured in the USA

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/18/silicon-valley-bows-to-trump-apple-to-build-iphones-in-america/

>With Silicon Valley CEOs terrified that President Donald Trump will retaliate against offshoring production, Apple is already preparing to move iPhone production back to America.

>Breitbart News warned that if the Trump administration is moving to “Make America Great Again!,” Silicon Valley tech firms could be the prime target of 45 percent tariffs on offshore supply chains,

>Tim Cook had told CBS News’ 60 Minutes in December 2015 that Apple could not move its iPhones production back to the U.S., because America lacked enough skilled workers.

>It seems that since the election of Donald Trump as President, Apple and soon the rest of Silicon Valley may have discovered that America does have enough skilled workers to make high-tech devices.

Another win for Donald Trump and America.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/apple-to-build-made-in-the-usa-manufacturing-plant-in-arizona/
uaw.org/joint-statement-uaw-ford-louisville-assembly-plant/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this could also be helpful for bettering libtard acceptance of President Donald Trump

4D chess lads, how does he do it

the game hasn't even started and he's ALREADY winning

>mfw media told me that Trump would destroy the economy and that CEOs would defect
>mfw media told me the the stocks were in freefall following the election and that recession was imminent
>mfw leftists keep striking to no avail

It's too much winning. Please, President Trump, no more.

woah, thats a nice rare pepe

And so the new phones will cost $2000 instead of $600

>And so the new phones will cost $2000 instead of $600
and dumbasses will still buy them who cares more people would be able to afford them since they have jobs and tax cuts

it's a goddamn luxury item anyway, who cares

Actually, the amount of money saved by offshoring is real, however it's not as much as you might think.

Labor is not the bulk of the cost, plus offshoring introduces a number of issues mostly revolving around shipping. Shipping takes time and money, and when you account for delays and uncertainty, a lot of the savings from cheap labor are diminished.

That's why Mazda and Toyota make cars in America. It actually is cheaper to do it there because shipping whole vehicles is cost prohibitive.

Therefore, moving manufacturing back to America won't increase prices that much. Certainly not double.

>implying they aren't already overpriced
>implying the nu-male cucks and normies won't still wait hours in line to buy it

i don't use apple products anyway, if apple dies, good

couldn't find any skilled workers

>cause we want to make around 9x the profit from 3rd world labor

FTFY

look at dis nigga with his logic and shit. Aint no one got time for that nonsense of making sense. Seriously though, I would like to know where you got that info. It does sound logical in what you are saying. Im just asking for a source so I can do some looking on my own.

what are the chances of the communist party of china falling?

"Jobs" and "tax cuts" applied as an abstract to the general populace is one hell of a leap to make. Where is the evidence of an average consumer getting a "job" and "tax cuts" that allows them to do this? You're applying broad policy promises to everyone. What about middle class consumers who already have a job, and sure as hell won't see the benefit of any kind of tax cut under this regime?

Why are there 9001 chinks that can solder shit but not Americans? Why won't Apple invest in a worker training program? They could own Detroit and become OCP.

He's already doing more good than Obama has

If he actually manages to pass those tariffs then he'll be a savior. I'm waiting for him to actually do anything because Congress has to approve and he's not in office yet, but with his veto power he might be able to get it done.

Let's see what he does before we start praising him.

tfw work for apple.
maybe they'll pay me more now :^)

I'm sure the price will increase, but probably not that much. In all honesty, if it is within a reasonable price, or discounted with a service plan, I might switch from Android to apple, just for the soul purpose of buying domestic.

>Trumpf claims he saved a ford plant from moving to mexico
>ford just says they'll keep making a car in the US that they already made in the US. Also still planning to move a factory to Mexico, so nothing really changed.
>Trumpkkkins: WOOO GO TRUMP YEAH YOU DID IT WOOO

>Apple claims they are looking into possibly moving iPhone production to the US
>Most likely they won't, due to cost
>Trumpkkkins: WOOO YEAH TRUMP SAVED THE WORLD WOOOOOOOOO

4 more years of this shit... I don't know if I can make it...

Hello coworker

doubt it all those liberal fucks are going to squeal when their iphones now cost $2k instead of $1k.

(they will still buy them though).

Enjoy watching the equity markets drop in the short run, that declining profit margin will make for nasty portfolio performance

but hey this is good since the latte sipping iphone using liberal and apple shareholder are a minority now and the rest who will now benefit from these high paying jobs are going to love trump for MAGA

zero, they might infight and have a change of leadership but the party isn't just one faction anyway.

the whole system in china is so complex from local, city, provincial the the national level that the banner of the Party won't change.

new committees will naturally come in and 5 year plans will set new routes for the future but the party won't fall. it is different anyway from western politics. the West looks at china as if it is the same as the West but it isn't so the comparisons don't really work in a lot of situations.

They're just looking into it

Wow, Trump really is God.

>when liberals idolize a man and his products which are made in sweat shops or straight up slave labor in countries with non-white people and they get mad at the person who wants to tell them to stop because he's racist

who is this semen demon

in 4d chess a game can be won hours before the first move. Looks like trump won the day this happened

pic related

go put on a safety pin and shut the fuck up.

Work at Toyota. Our cars are made cheap as fuck. We make something like 500-1000 profit on cars made in hicktown. I dont think we go over 5k in costs.

Hillary lost m8. We'd be in the middle of ww3 if trump lost.

Are you talking about the Toyota plant in Hebron Kentucky?

Kys then, faggot

>American workers get to make iphones
>Price shoots up
>Liberals whine that the phones cost too much
>"But you want to enslave those poor chinese people who force LITERAL CHILDREN to work their lines just for your goods? Sounds like someone is being a white supremacist wanting to take jobs away from people in the US like a cruel businessman!"
>Enjoy the anger and tears

Fucked up part is they won't have shoot up that much. But they will anyway. Parts will still come in from China. We will just assemble them.

Georgetown?

Yeah. More expensive phones.

I'm so excited.

35% tariff on imported goods so everything will be more expensive.

Woo. I can't wait.

>china poster
>fake_news_bart.com

are you seriously comparing shipping cars to fucking phones?

Cars are huge and heavy. Phones are not. Shipping costs go up exponentially with dimensional weight.

tripfag, kys

you 1st

If no one pays high prices they have to drop them or go under in time.
Also is a big thing.
Transportation is huge.

They have to be transported, that's a fact. As someone who handled shipping for just random packages, everything does not always make it on time, issues happen and slow things down costing money. If you make it take less transport then it has less chances of being delayed and losing you cash.

>tfw that faggot would have been cannon fodder for Hillary against Russia

>he has an iphone

I'll stick to my 100$ android that does the exact same thing.

i wouldnt care if a iphone costed 5000 dollars, im not buying that faggy shit. im using my nokia lumia 520 until finland starts making phones again.

That's (((Lady))) gaga you caveman faggot

>having a smartphone
Get on my level.

Apple bent the knee? Holy shit Apple of all people bent the knee. The man isn't even in office yet and Apple bent the mother fucking knee!

>lacked enough skilled workers
You can pretty much always assume these kinds of statements by CEOfags are lies.

>That's why Mazda and Toyota make cars in America.
False.
All foreign auto makers who manufacture in the U.S. do it for one reason. TARIFFS. There is a 25% import tariff on anything with a "truck" frame in the US. Therefore any company that wants to sell these has to build them in North America (NAFTA lifted the tariffs for Mexico and Canada).

>stating breitbart as source

Apple has been talking about moving manufacturing back to America for years now, way before Trump started crying about it. They already opened a plant in Arizona.
cnet.com/news/apple-to-build-made-in-the-usa-manufacturing-plant-in-arizona/

Let me get this straight. Apple, the company that told the government under the obama administration to fuck off, they're not unlocking an iphone that a terrorist who killed americans used and told the FBI to take them to court they're not violating their privacy TOS for their customers bent the fucking knee for Trump who isn't even in office yet and are going to move their production back to the USA? Holy shit did everyone on the planet consider the American government to be that big of a joke pre Trump?

Such a beautiful deepthroat to Trump's dick.

Only making the $2,000 mac pros...

Apple already charge as much as they can for their products. Not a single fucking cent of the savings made by having hordes of illiterate asians slave away in their factories are passed on to the consumer.
The only one losing here is Apple because they can't make a profit of six hundred dollars on every phone now.

>Holy shit did everyone on the planet consider the American government to be that big of a joke pre Trump?

Pretty much. Obama even managed to lose "leader of the free world" to Merkel. The same Merkel who destroyed Europes inner cities and spends less than 2% of GDP on the military. And has her army use broomsticks in military drills because there are not enough guns.

>use broomsticks in military drills because there are not enough guns.
This is an exaggeration right? I mean I know she took away a german flag from a guy waving it around and shook her head in a disapproving manner but is that real?

The cost of consumer goods adjusted for inflation has gone unchanged sonce the 70s. Any savings companies get from selling cheap goods goes into their pockets. Turns out (((they))) won't lower prices if they've already trained their obedient sheep how much to expect to pay for goods.

You think that's how it works?

The price of your product is determined by the cost at which people are willing to pay for it.
The cost of development merely effects the profit margin.

It's not happening

We're going to win so much. You're going to get tired of winning. you’re going to say, ‘Please Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don't win so much. This is getting terrible.’ And I'm going to say, ‘No, we have to make America great again.’ You're gonna say, ‘Please.’ I said, ‘Nope, nope. We're gonna keep winning!

Yeah, about that...

>Apple has been talking about moving manufacturing back to America for years now
Talking about and actually doing are two vastly different things. I thought people would have learned that by now from all the "scandals" Trump had talking about grabbing pussy.

Yeah what fake news site did you get that from you fucking filthy goyim

suck it libtard

uaw.org/joint-statement-uaw-ford-louisville-assembly-plant/amp/

>breibart

>not, bow to the glorious leader trump news

>posted by a chinese poster
WE B TAKN YOU JOB NAO
AMERICANS B THE MEXICANS

nah.

They were our jobs to begin with.

Chinks can go fuck off.

>because America lacked enough skilled workers
then why are tech firms firing americans and replacing them with H1b pajeet

guess my next car will be a Lincoln MKC

The gap between production in China or the west isnt so much as you would think. If you think paying the bottom end workers a decent wage instead of a handful of rice a week will quadruple the price of an iphone you are crazy.

>Talking about and actually doing are two vastly different things
It'll happen, unless they no longer wish for their HQ (and themselves) to exist.

The fear is real. They fear him because they fear the backlash from people.
>like Sup Forumsacks

They'd rather just fuck over the (((investors))) (who are also scared of Trump right now) than to fuck over the nationalists.

The US is not some 3rd world Latin Banana Republic. We have nukes. We have drones. We have ICBMs and other death "delivery systems". (((Investors))) and other fuckers try to pull their money and there's no escape. The US got the world locked up tights, and even Russia is willing to BTFO these (((fuckers))).

It's over. They bend the knee because of fear.

I bet most of these jobs will just end up being done by machines.

>Thinking they dont ship thousands of phones at once with an equivalent size and heavier mass than a car
wew

>Factory staying or coming back to the US
>They're going green even if they have to pay out of their pocket as a fuck you to trump
Make it stop it isn't even funny how much we're winning already and he isn't even president.

sucks to be you literally

Then don't.
No loss.

Apple was just feeling out the possibility.

Bannon put this article out to fire a warning shot across their bow and make a play at memeing it into reality.

ayyyy

Thank god. No more crying from either sides who does this shitty work, let factory jobs die.

How much profit do you think Apple makes from a mass of iphones equivalent to a car?

maybe this just means a huge new push at factory automation

>because America lacked enough skilled workers
this is bait right

And they cant hide trillions in offshore bankaccouts either.

I think Trump is smart enough to know that most of these jobs will be automated. But that the production is done in the US helps in 2 ways.

First, it's more secure to produce in America rather than another country. Second, jobs around automation and jobs that can't be automated will be in your country.

With robots the need for offshoring disappears.

It's like the election never ends...

>Not even inaugurated yet and everyone is already bending the knee
>Saudi princes, Japan, Le Weed man, UK
>NAFTA is more or less gone
>Putin is ready to rebuild US-Russian relations
>Syrian terrorists on suicide watch (and not the bomber kind)
>Mexican peso is in the ground
>Libshits are making fools of themselves by burning their own neighborhoods
>Production is coming back to the US

Now THIS is high energy!

>Republicans getting the Senate, House and President
>TPP already dismissed
>Mexico and Canada ready to make deals regarding NAFTA
>Putin willing to rebuild US-Russian relations
>Assad willing to rebuild US-Syrian relations
>Everyone in NATO bending over to pay their required 2%
>Sweden's PM crying about not receiving a phone-call from Trump
>Hysterical liberals destroying their own cities as usual
Glorious.

You see, you ship da cars on da big boat and da phones on da really small boat.

Da small boat get across the ocean faster and take less gas.

Or perhaps you erroneously think it costs less to fly iphones using a FedEx 747 than a container ship?

Haha. You are a moron.

This. Apple is overpriced crap.

America status = great again

If we take Apple as an example, the money they're saving by manufacturing with slave labour is not passed onto the consumer. You can investigate this yourself. The savings are found in their profit margins.

If they increased the cost of their phones to maintain these huge profit margins, their product would be uncompetitive in the market. Not many people are going to pay 40% more than what they pay today, especially when competitors are a lot cheaper for similar quality. The only people who are going to suffer are the shareholders who were fucking everyone over to begin with.

T. "I just don't know manufacturing guy

If you think the price will go up your mental disease will leave you gay. Extremely few imported materials are needed, most of the cost is shipping. Pic related, iPhones will be replaced likely by a Canadian invention in the next few years.