Can someone tell me what the hell Barry Allen's character is? Because it seems like every recent depiction of him...

Can someone tell me what the hell Barry Allen's character is? Because it seems like every recent depiction of him, be it current comics or live action, has "complete fuckup" as his defining character trait. How do we "fix" Barry Allen? Should we just go back to classic Wally? What are your thoughts on the current Flash Family i.e. who should go and stay?

You ask me, Godspeed and Negative Flash were dumb ideas

Attached: the_flash_color_by_logicfun-dao9esa.jpg (700x1066, 737K)

Forgot to ask, when is Jay coming back?

Attached: Jay Garrick Sketch.jpg (743x1128, 96K)

And how'd you define Wall's personality? Don't say JL wally or young justice wally

Man am I pissed that Jonboy is such a flaky artist, bailing on two big two books within 2 issues of each.

Well he can have a scary temper when pushed too far. Freezing people in a moment of time is fucking twisted

Barry is just a fucking retard fuck up. I can't believe there are still reddit retards on this board who like Barry.

Ok, from the actual flash comics he was in.
>A troubled youth who played it off as the funny man because he didn't have much confidence in himself and neither did the people around him
>Because of this he had trouble with friends and women jumping from woman to woman
>over time thanks to his mentor he learned to believe in himself and mature

Is that why this issue looks like shit?

That seems like the running theme with Barry. It's like outside of mommy issues and Thawne fucking with him, he just seems like white bread boring. Now he's just getting irritating with dumb decisions, and I can already see where Flash War is going

That's a new thing, Classic Barry is basically "the silver age hero". Lawful good, some one-liners, not that much personality.

The two parts of his character were "I have to stop the bad guy" and "I better not be late for my date with Iris again", and that more or less persisted until COIE. The closest thing to development I can think of for Barry is when Iris got Thawne'd, but even then he was just kind of angrier. As a Jayfag even I admit that Wally is the best Flash. Bart would have been a good successor and if it's ever up to me I'll use him or Avery, but only if she sticks around long enough .

Attached: Hot_Pursuit_001.jpg (900x1366, 372K)

Avery is a great Flash, much like the rest of the JLC. I hope she sticks around too.

Attached: Avery Ho Flash of China.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Jonboy didn't do today's issue, he's OP's image

Its like whoever is the main Flash also has to be a huge fuck up

not soon enough.

Basically, when looking at his Silver Age character, compared to the other ones at the time (like Superman being a super powerful and intelligent alien, Batman super rich and intelligent too, Hal having no fear), Barry was closer to an everyman, just someone doing his best to use his abilities for good and having problems with dates and such due to his super hero side.

So to modernize him, Johns had the idea of played that up as him being an underdog who makes mistakes... except that seems to be pretty much the only thing they can do with him over and over, resulting in "Barry is a fuck up".

I don't mind keeping the family large. Killing characters for shock value just doesn't do anything anymore. Better to keep lesser speedsters around as background characters. That said, I'd say have Barry willingly give up the Speedforce. Sure it's given him a confidence boost but he's largely fulfilled everything he could with it. Him giving it up to one or both of the Wallies would be a good way to change his story from fuck up to retired hero/mentor.

What did Old Wally ever do that was considered being a fuckup?
But isn't Jay supposed to be the mentor? He's the original Flash, and probably the best grandpa ever

Attached: Jay Garrick The Flash.jpg (1280x1951, 211K)

It may be better to put Jay on his own quest to restore his past relationships. Maybe they can pull a Captain America style story line where he is a man out of time rediscovering the world.

Jay isn't around right now, and we still have no idea when the JSA is returning.

Right but what I mean is the mentor role was kind of Jay's bag, no?

After Doomsday Clock, but given its massive delays (I have a feeling the plot was leaked and Johns changed it last minute) their return has been delayed by about a year, at this rate they'll probably be back in fucking 2020

>That said, I'd say have Barry willingly give up the Speedforce. Sure it's given him a confidence boost but he's largely fulfilled everything he could with it.
IF it were to be done, they should give him some closure by finally undoing Zoom's retcon bullshit.

>Him giving it up to one or both of the Wallies would be a good way to change his story from fuck up to retired hero/mentor.
Wouldn't that be sort of stepping on Jay's toes there?

Maybe they could have Barry back to classic mode and have one Flash taking care of the city and another on the League. Like, Barry doing more of a cop job.

Have Barry become Jay and have Jay be crazy alternate universe Grandpa speedster. Kill off all non flash speedsters.

I'd get better writers to write Flash. Because the mediocre to bad chucklefucks on them right now will fuck up with whoever is wearing the long red pajamas.

>Crying wallyfags make another thread crying for barry to give up the mantle so they can be relevant again

I love thread #673 of this topic, surely something will come out of this totally new and original OP.

>Butthurt CWfag post #4131
I love this faggotry, surely Barry will be written good one of these days

Jay can focus on time displacement stories instead of mentoring. He's been away for a while. He'd have Barry be the one trying to update him on modern life while he struggles with all the changes in the "future."

>Anyone who has standards or doesn't like shit writing is a Wallyfag
Why do you you retards keep making Wallyfags out to look like amazing people?

>Flash discussion on Sup Forums will always be shit

Attached: fever sad.jpg (689x412, 55K)

2 reasons.
1. The comic is shit and has for some time
2. Power level fags who only care about the flash for power level bullshit

Maybe if the Flash book could be good for the first time since before Infinite Crisis we could have decent discussion

You don't even read Flash, numbnuts

This.

Barry in costume was just a generic speed quip machine. Nothing major there. He stood out in other ways.

He actually had a life outside of heroics for starters. Superman did too, but his millions of powers usually meant he could hax his way through any issues, while Flash only had super speed for that.

Barry was just a generic dude. A mid level CSI. Not a billionare, or a famous reporter or a military guy. There was nothing otherwise remarkable about him and he wasn't well known, to the point where once a villain knocked off his mask and his plan to take advantage of his secret identity instantly failed because he realized he had no idea who this guy was.

There was also his relationship with the Rogues, a kind of weird love hate thing where it was almost like a game they played, vs Superman or Batman's villains that hated their guts and were always trying to kill them.

Both Barry and Wally are boring trash. Jay is the only good speedster.

The irony is that the most relatable guy on the main JL is also the most nothing/boring, and at times aggravating given his fuckups. Perhaps we just like his villains more
Nobody can hate Jay

>Bart can't even get shitposts

poor bastard

>tfw reading Messner-Loebs' Wally run
Why does no one ever talk about this? It's actually a really good book, the same goes for the Baron run from right before it.

Attached: Flash_23.jpg (400x602, 89K)

It's mostly because people who want to read Flash want to see speed force shit, so they recommendations starting with Waid.

WML did a lot of laying foundation stuff, and that one Rogues issue is amazing. The run is just less "big" in a way. I'm not sure any of it really mattered that much in the long run besides Linda.

I like the speed force, but I can't stand how prevalent it is. Williamson has done what, 10 speed force arcs now in 40 issues?