Was the first one the only good one?

Was the first one the only good one?

Attached: land-before-time-poster.jpg (500x667, 389K)

reminder about the little girl's horrible death

Objectively? no

I enjoyed the second one and the one where Jim Cummings voiced one of the villains
I remember distinctly hating the one where there was a second little foot and they had to find a flower or something

I enjoyed Stone of Cold Fire. The fact that Uncle Pterano completely sees himself as a hero makes for an interesting villain as opposed to the other films where the bad guys are just snarling predators.

Pterano was interesting because he was narcissistic as fuck but honestly felt like he was trying to help people
His PTSD that came in small flashes throughout the movie were interesting too
>Flashes of the dinosaur falling off the cliff as Ducky is clinging on in a similar fashion

The first one is objectively the best, but I liked sequels 2-7

the first one is fantastic
but if you look at the others as something completely different, they're pretty decent in their own right

This is a solid ranking I saw in a thread once

1. The Land Before Time - 10/10. Not much to be said here.

2. The Land Before Time IV: Journey Through the Mists - 9/10. Fun villain duo, great music, interesting locations, and a good story. Great animation for a d2dvd film, especially with a certain scene towards the end.

3. The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire - 8./10. Pterano and his goons are great villains, story is great. Thought provoking.

4. The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island - 8/10. Great to have Chomper return. Probably has one of the most emotional moments out of the sequels, where Littlefoot sings about his mom.

5. The Land Before Tme II: The Great Valley Adventure - 8/10. Great villain duo, introduces Chomper, and overall is a good watch.

6. The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving - 7.5/10. The bullies are interesting characters. Great battle at the end between Velociraptors and the herd.

7. The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration - 7/10. Would be higher if the CGI Animation used wasn't so damn noticeable. Still worth a watch if you can get past that.

8. The Land Before Time VI : The Secret of Saurus Rock - 7/10. Fun, wild west-like story.

9. The Land Before Time IX : Journey to Big Water - 6.5/10. The Icthyosaur is fun, decent plot. Liopleurodon is awesome.

10. The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze - 6.5/10. This movie isn't "bad", just extremely boring for most of the film.

11. The Land Before Time XIV: Journey of the Brave - Decent, held back by animation and replacement voice actors.

12. The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers - 5/10. Okay.

13. The Land Before Time TV show - 4.5/10. Fun at times but overuses musical numbers from the films.

14. The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses - 3/10. Good voicework and an okay plot, but that's about all this film has going for it.

15. The Land Before Time XIII: The Wisdom of Friends - 1.5/10. Absolutely the worst.

There are 14 of these movies AND a tv show?

Yep

>Yep
>Yep
>Yep

I want to facefuck Littlefoot.

No No No
Yep Yep Yep
It's driving me nuts nuts NUTS

Attached: Nutsnutsnuts.gif (600x336, 1.66M)

Journey Through the Mists was my favorite as a kid, followed by The Mysterious Island and The Stone of Cold Fire

Attached: The.Land.Before.Time.IV.Journey.Through.the.Mists.avi_snapshot_00.58.06_[2017.06.28_18.29.34].png (720x544, 820K)

I've only ever watched II, V, and VIII I think.
Could never find the others at blockbuster.

Yup yup

Have you tried your local VHS store? I bought a nice walkman from there when my Boombox broke.

>10 minutes were cut and then lost forever
Spielberg can "amble" into a fucking pit.

RIP

>4. The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island - 8/10. Great to have Chomper return. Probably has one of the most emotional moments out of the sequels, where Littlefoot sings about his mom.
Only major problem that movie has is that Big Big Water song is both a terrible song in general and also an earworm of the worst sort(like I haven't watched that movie in the better part of 15 years and it still pops into my head whenever this franchise is discussed)

I saw the first one in theaters, first movie my parents ever took me to. Then I watched 2 later on and my little brother watched them up until 6 I think, honestly thought big water was from 2 because my brother watched it so much and i remembered chomper was in that one and i just figured they declined over time if he loved the second one it'd make sense. shocked its the 5th one, i wonder why that one in particular was so popular? did block busters like super promote it i feel like i vaguely recall that.

Gee, thanks user.

Attached: 1519586246020.png (1600x1203, 464K)

[yupping stops]

>Putting any of the sequels this close to the original.
Autism.

Attached: DELETE_THIS.jpg (500x522, 41K)

All of them are still better than Fievel goes west

Attached: 1451011401373.png (277x259, 72K)

It's been like 15-20 years since I've seen any of them, but I recall 2 and 3 being okay.

I have never seen any of the sequels and I just youtubed the song you mentioned out of curiosity.
I immediately regret my decision.

Attached: kim dies.jpg (555x527, 116K)

I liked 2-5 as a kid. I loved the villains in 4.