Why is DC making such a big deal about a writer no one likes?

Why is DC making such a big deal about a writer no one likes?

Attached: bendis-is-coming-poster-600x461.jpg (600x461, 44K)

>no one likes?
>Implying

readers desuffering

Maybe they are trying to convince WB to sell them by making themselves as shitty as possible.

You really need to get out of your house sometime and actually talk to people in comic shops
Don't you ever wonder why Batman and Harley Quinn vastly outsell everything else, and why people happily eat up every awful crossover event?

>still posting this
Get better material. You were doing pretty good spamming pic related

Attached: 1521078122255.png (284x307, 11K)

because he was the face of marvel writers for the past decade and was the head writer for several of their events. It's a huge get. Marvel would do the same thing if geoff johns started writing for them again

Bendis is a big deal with the kind of people that don't frequent this site. He's had a hand in a lot of big Marvel series and events, he was basically Marvel's Geoff Johns to a certain extent

Attached: .ln.jpg (6016x6592, 559K)

I'll be honest with you, there was a time where a Bendis book was an instant buy for me.

>writer no one likes

Plenty of people outside of Sup Forums like Bendis. Why is it so hard to grasp that Sup Forums's opinion is not the only opinion when it comes to comic books?

They aren't making a big deal about it, they are warning us

Where's the Benis edit

And those people, like them or not, are paying customer

Because he actually is liked outside of Sup Forums. Widely. Bendis brings sales like no one else in the industry.

Bendis is coming?

Does this ad seriously need to be a two page spread in all of their comics?

Who exactly are all these retards paying money for free things as though they weren't free? My guess is this demographic also has shit taste and like reading stuff like Bendis comics, because their inability to use the internet for free comics probably correlates with poor discernment in general.

You're embarrassing yourself.

It looks like they whipped it up in MSPaint

I'm not the one paying money for things you already have access to. I bet you use proprietary software too.

>Super Sons gone
>Supergirl gone
>Trinity gone

fuck this

>waahhh why are people supporting the industry
>wahhhh why can't they be pathetic NEETs like me

>>Supergirl gone
>he liked Orlando's abortion of a run

can't wait for jonathan's black girlfriend

>supporting the industry
Do you seriously think comic books are going to stop existing if you personally stop throwing money at them?

I don't like things just ending. Not that I liked supergirl I only read it because it had tie in

...yes? That's how businesses work, dumbass.

Bendis the writer?
That Bendis?

>being a characterfag

Attached: thumb.jpg (800x450, 34K)

>The entire comic book industry is only alive because I unnecessarily pay money for comics
Pretty sure there are people other than you paying them money.

OK, so if EVERYONE stops paying for comics, which is what you're suggesting people do, then who the fuck will be left to support the industry? Think, moron, think.

Better watch what you say, Characterfags are the lifeblood of DC

I never once suggested everyone stop giving money to comic book companies, and never would seeing as how that's a retarded and impossible scenario. You would need to cross over to an alternate universe where idiots didn't exist for that to happen.

@99240520
OK, so you're straight up retarded and probably a NEET cartoonfag. I'm done giving you (You)s.

not if everything he wrote after X-Men is any indication

i'm surprised there isn't an edit that says "bendis is cumming"

No, I'm a software developer and don't watch cartoons. Sorry you don't know how to use a computer.

MAKE SUPERMAN BLACK WITH A 48 INCH COCK. THANK YOU, MR BENDIS.

$100 says Bendis will give Kara a black boyfriend

Right there with you. I especially enjoyed Bendis during the Dark Reign era. Real treat

I personally loathed him since House of M onwards.

>Super Sons gone
What did user mean by this?

This is all true, but over the past several years, his sales have been declining, and audience reactions to his work have been increasingly negative.

A while ago, someone made the point that DC and Bendis are hoping this will be like when John Byrne moved to DC to relaunch Superman; one of the industry's top talents revamping a flagship character for the modern era. But it's more likely going to be like Byrne's late 1990s return to Marvel to relaunch Spider-Man; a talent past his prime, coming off a series of unpopular flops, hoping to turn his career around by moving to the other of the Big 2, and revamping a character that fans don't want revamped.

Bendis the menace?

How long will it take before he shoves a self-insert in the run?

his story in 1000 will probably introduce his new OC

Marvel needs to make a similar ad only it say
"Bendis is leaving"

little late for that

Bendis? Brian Michael Bendis? The comic book writer? The one who couldn't sell Civil War 2 comics despite the Civil War movie hype, the event which actually killed sales for tie-in books? That well-liked GENIUS Brian Michael Benis?

>implying

Attached: Bendis.jpg (300x303, 40K)

>lex suddenly adopts a black daughter

Why do you think he's coming to DC.
Yes, it's a big deal that he's coming to DC, but his declining sales and lack of influence on Marvel must've heavily factored in his switch. He's writing one of the biggest characters in comics, biggest thing he was writing near the end of his tenure at Marvel were legacy characters that did not gain as much traction as he would've wished (save for Miles who gets pushed like hell outside of comics)

>Implying anyone of those weren’t shit

Look out, the pedofags are going to go berserk when they see you dissed Super Sons.

>You really need to get out of your house sometime and actually talk to people in comic shops
I talked to someone who said current Jessica Jones was the best book Marvel was making...and that US Avengers was the worst book he's ever read.

Oh I'm aware, I've heard some wild shit from other people in my LCS.

> X-Men comics used to have some of the best art in Marvel and now they all look awful. I mean what's Greg Land up to these days, he should come back to X-Men.

>lack of influence on Marvel
I'm not sure what you meant by this. If you mean influence over Marvel's shit, you must be crazy. If you mean over fans, or you think he lost influence after the last flops, I can see that.

I mean, he's right, he just said Greg Land instead of Stuart Immomen

They are bringing back the panties?

It's more that Greg Land was his idea of " best art in Marvel"

Because he's one of the most famous writers in the industry. When he writes something, people notice, whether they like it or not. That's good for business generally, except for when you go the Chuck Austen route and literally have entire comic stores refusing to stock books you write because they're so bad.

It gets people talking. Just like when Geoff Johns writes anything. And Tom King has quickly become the same way as well. No matter how bad something they write may be, they will ALWAYS have their sycophantic defenders, but more importantly people will talk and talk and talk about it.

I feel like King's main issue is that he's teaming up with some pretty bad artists, or at least artists who are bad for the stories he's writing.

>Why is DC making such a big deal about a writer no one likes?
They want to destroy the comicbook industry completely and this is the way to speed up the process.

stay on youtube jerking off richard spencer, leave the big boy talk to the rest of us

Didio still thinks controversy equals more sales.

>actually talk to people in comic shops
That sounds unpleasant.

>having autism
Sad!

Given the pretty small base of comic customers, around 100,000 if sales are to judge by, and the general size of Sup Forums, the 10th fastest board, how much of the market is Sup Forums?

I mean you have to factor out the cartoon people, the movie people, and the pure pirates

Very little since giant chunks of the board don't buy comics. Hell, giant chunks of this board doesn't read them either.

Friendly reminder Bendis > (You).

Attached: benis is coming.png (600x461, 257K)

>happily eat up every awful crossover event
But user that's not true at all.

Why do people flock to the mediocre-to-bad writers, anyway?

Yeah but even if just 10,000 people on Sup Forums do that's 10% of the market.

That's not how the market works. Just because one book sells 100K doesn't mean that's the whole market. There's people who only buy indie books, tradefags, digitalfags, etc.

Sup Forums is maybe 1 or 2% of the market and even that's pushing it.

because good writers write a little more deeply and thus aren't as easy to consume

Last month only one book had over 100K sales and Sup Forums gets around 25 million visitors a month. Even if 0.5% of Sup Forums bought a comic it would be the highest seller.

...I mean I guess.
But I was reading Busiek's Untold Tales as a small child. Anything too hard, I just skimmed over and enjoyed the pretty pictures. When I grew up a bit, I gained newfound appreciation.

I think it's more that the middling writers are company men. Your Busieks don't play ball with stupid editorial fuckery and just bail while your Geoffs and Bendises will stick around and deal with it because they want to dictate "canon."

Is this implying I'm suppose to be envious of him?

Attached: Before & After Civil War II.png (603x576, 625K)

>stay on youtube jerking off richard spencer, leave the big boy talk to the rest of us
lol don't gatekeep me faggot I don't give a shit about richard spencer.

Attached: harold903.jpg (1846x1212, 242K)

Well, he has a family and a successful career. The only people who hate him are basement dwelling NEETs. So... yeah.

>Suck it, nerds ',:)

>The only people care about him are basement dwelling NEETs. So... yeah.

It really works both ways.

90% of people that buy floppies, especially big 2, don't buy them for their quality storytelling, but to have them in their collection

Name one medium where the best sellers aren't dominated with trash.

Table top role playing games.

Because a lot of people like Bendis. If you listen to Sup Forums nobody likes Geoff Johns but his name will sell anything

Sup Forums's opinion on what sells usually goes against the market.

>You really need to get out of your house sometime and actually talk to people in comic shops

The other day I went outside and heard 2 grown men discussing how excited they were for Ready Player One. I would prefer not to experience this again.

D&D is trash, though

Bitch D&D is fine.

>still no Eberron in 5E

Ehh sorta, the big names have kinda gone to shit tho, and they still sell.

>ITT: shills will not stop bitching about the board they're forced to post on.
If you don't care about our opinions fuck off to twitter. Thing is you come here for the cupcheck and you know it.

They're trying to make it seem like a big deal to normie DC readers who don't know how bad he is.

I was browsing readcomiconline to find this panel, and there were a couple comments written within the last year. This run ended a decade ago.

Attached: Damage Never Gets the Date.png (1553x819, 1.83M)

Autistic characterfags do not have high brow tastes.

Poor Damage. Fuck you, Johns.

I do wonder what Damage's creator did. There's one or two Anons who hate his creator.