What's his super power?

What's his super power?

Does he even have one, or is it just "lol plot armor"? He doesn't seem too tough to me, unless you think a purple Homer Simpson is scary. Seriously I could probably take this guy.

Attached: thanos_by_miacabrera-d6t9vb1.jpg (719x1110, 251K)

Why don't you pick up a comic and find out yourself?

Film and post it nerd

He is as super-intelligent, super-strong, super-powerful, and super-durable as any particular story needs.

Too busy. My job is very imprtant and even more time consuming. Just tell me. I don't have time to waste.

He's an Eternal. They are all superhuman.

Haha, really? So he doesn't have any powers and all his feats are consequences of the plot beefing him up for no particular reason?

Yeah. I could definitely take him in a fight.

How utterly underwhelming.

Also, Drax was built by an Eternal to kill Thanos

>Drax
Is he super human too?

He’s a sober Rick Sanchez. So yes, Plot Armor up the butt

Bro, do you even Cosmic?

And he fucking sucks at his job. The only time he succeeded Thanos was too busy trying to free Galactus.

>the only time he succeeded
Given the nature of his job, is it possible to succeed more than once?

> mmm... infinity gems...

it's comics, so obviously.

Attached: drax.jpg (597x941, 252K)

Imagine hulk, jean grey, and captain marvel have a love child.

That is thanos.

I wonder how it feels to be so bad at killing the king of jobbers.

Thanos wasn't a jobber until like 2012.

I need to reread my pre-Infinity Saga , but in my mind I still have him as Silver Surfer tier jobbing.

Mugga, nobody jobs harder than Norrin. Except maybe Quasar.

You couldnt, because the power of plot armor is at his side, not yours user
Unless you are currently a writer at Marvel

Thanos has one of the most nebulous power sets I have ever seen. He's built like a literal brick house, so right off the bat he's at least as strong as the Hulk is on average. He apparently learned magic at some point during his occult phase on Titan, he can randomly shoot energy blasts from his hands that may or may not be a natural ability and according to ComicVine he has cybernetic implants in a few spots. He's smarter than Reed Richards and Doom combined oh and he can also out mindbreak Galactus, The Jobber of Worlds.

I think Thanos is the perfect example of what happens when you just don't stop giving a character new powers. Hell, I don't even think any one image can properly define how powerful he is.

Attached: 6589kFS.jpg (799x593, 96K)

Well the thing about Thanos is that from the beginning he's never really been the type of villain that the hero defeats physically. Whether you find that entertaining or not is your prerogative.

>Super strength
>Super durability
>Genius level intellect
>Strong comprehension of the greater powers of the universe
>Tactical genius, able to improvise in combat against more powerful enemies

Eh, I don't know. Didn't that Thanos dude once get arrested by New York cops?

Hey, even Thanos thanked Drax for that.

That was never canon.

Sup Forums seriously just doesn't read comics.

He's super strong and durable, there was a time when Death cursed him with immortality since she didn't want him in her realm after his bullshit. He's crazy smart specifically for strategies, he's not really a scientist or anything but his plans are always huge and near flawless, and he can come up with them instantly. That goes really well with his patience. In isolated incidents he can shoot energy from his hands but that's really inconsistent.

He basically is one of those characters that has all the "baseline" powers. Superstrenght, super durable, and has the smarts on top of it. He uses his "smarts" to acquire all sorts of bullshit things. The idea for "specific" superpowers is for people who can only do one thing. He, by his nature, has a ton so none of it is that special to him.

"Baseline" is a good way to say it, but I've always called it the "standard suite" of powers. People don't really think of Spidey as being invulnerable for example, but to clash at his level of strength he has to get thrown through walls and things that would leave most humans incapacitated but he's fine because he has the standard suite durability levels.

he looks like harambe the gorilla.

He started off as a Titanian eternal, an offshoot nowhere near as powerful as earth eternals. They're strong, durable, and long-lived. I think most of them could fly but don't recall Thanos ever doing so, and being shown a few times as likely lacking flight so probably lacked it. Might've made up for it being a bit tougher and stronger. IIRC, Starfox (his nephew) was in the 20ton range so somewhere in that ballpark.

Then Thanos died and was resurrected by Lady Death. He came back significally more powerful. I don't remember him being an energy blaster before this but he was now at least within silver surfer's power range and strong/durable enough to think he had a shot in physical combat against the Hulk, even if he was reluctant to find out.

He has also spoke of performing cybernetic, genetic, and even mystical augmentation on his body. This might have occurred effectively simultaneously with his resurrection, partially explaining why he was now herald-level in power.

Thanos is genius-level and has access to hugely advanced alien technologies. His teleporting chair-throne was shown hopping across the universe, dimensions, and time, and the chair set on automatic was capable of assaulting and disabling a sizable number of earth's heroes. The tech alone would make him a potent threat, and since he put that SCIENCE! to work on augmenting his own body...

We dont know alot of his magical skills. He probably considers magic just another branch of physics to delve into. Don't think he is up to being a sorcerer supreme, maybe a dabbler like how Doom *used* to be portrayed. level 3 wizard instead of a level 20 archmage.

>super-intelligent
Is he, though? I haven't read/seen much of him, but from what I have seen, he's been pretty dumb.
>Astral projects himself when he has all the infinity gems, leaving his body defenseless
>Taunts Doom when Doom is god
>In Avengers Assemble, limits his powers for the sake of his ego, then uses the powers he has in dumb ways and gets beat
>In the MCU, gives an infinity stone to the trickster god in an attempt to get another stone, instead of just doing it himself, then sends the woman whose parents he murdered and who he abducted to get another stone, then sends Ronan to get it when she betrays him, instead of just doing it himself

Haha, yeah, I never saw it given a technical term so I just called it "baseline". Basically anyone who is super epic tends to have all the "basics" covered in terms of super-strength, speed, and regeneration. Their specific power always seems to be above and beyond those.

he is a mutant Titan. He can do some energy blasts

Maybe r because he's one of those that just don't have a highly specific type of power, but he does have superstrenght, he has beaten hulk and she hulk several times even on hand to hand combat

In the comics he's equal to Darkseid or something, and Darkseid is around 10 times stronger than superman apparently.

And Goku ss3 = Superman

and has a full understanding of the universe and all concepts like death, plus he owns probably the biggest army in marvel. He’s only a jobber because duhh he’s the bad guy

Thanos has a range of Powers. Insanely durability and strength, energy blasts, eye lasers, light telekinesis, literally can not die/borderline immortality, high intellect and tactician as well.

>he can also out mindbreak Galactus

never happened iirc, Galactus stomped him and Moondragon both, and then almost killed Thanos. Thanos is powerful but in his "normal" incarnation is never shown to be able to directly overpower Galan.

He can't die and he's super-intelligent. Like, ridiculously super-intelligent. He doesn't shoot energy beams because he built tech for it, he just figured out how to do it.

Attached: thanosmind.jpg (382x512, 71K)

>Seriously I could probably take this guy.
lol, the fuck YOU gonna do?

He out strategies The Gamemaster while he was in possession of the Mind gem. That's a hugely impressive feat. He's no scientist, but he is an expert strategist at genius levels.

No no, he's also a scientist.

Attached: thanosclones19.jpg (1600x1192, 410K)

>I don't have time to waste.
in Sup Forums

Attached: 1467122422681.jpg (1167x1140, 85K)

*gets beaten up by squirel girl*

I guess he is. Still, his main strength is in his strategy and battle plans. Though it seems he does do science, it can't be anywhere near the level of his strategy. Nobody in the MU compared to him for that, except maybe possibly sometimes Doom.

He's a Titan, an eternal offshoot, he's already super strong, durable and relatively immortal..

On top of that, he modified his own body to the point he's one of the most powerful living beings in terms of sheer destructive power, enough to have a considerable use of cosmic power and go to toe with heralds and the such.

He isn't stronger than the hulk or some sort of cosmic entity or power cosmic holder like the surfer, but he always has so much bullshit tech and strats up his sleeve he always has a way to incapacitate someone if he can't beat them physically.

>Hell, I don't even think any one image can properly define how powerful he is.
Ironically Thanos' powers have always been consistent. Right of the bat Starlin defined him with "this guy holds so much power nothing can stand toe to toe against him and live"

All the enemies he was pit against were also bullshit tier powerful and could only be defeated non conventionally.

That was starlin handwaving all the non approved uses of Thanos.

>believes it takes a ton of effort to create a thread, move on, and then check to see what fruits the shitposteres have provided.

well....you tried.

Wagecuck

He has survived direct kill shots by Odin

Was that before or after the total true immortality?

Read the damn wiki then.

Attached: make_sure_to_heed_this_orange_nugget's_subtle_warnings_about_your_life_choices.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

Ah yes the retcon when Thor whooped his ass" it wasn't me" it was a high powered clone kek

He have managed to create a Galactus/Thanos clone hybrid. How many can pull a stunt like that?
Thanos main power is his genius and his biggest flaw are his obsessions and nihilistic behaviour.

>He isn't stronger than the hulk or some sort of cosmic entity or power cosmic holder like the surfer

Sup Forums truly doesn't read comics, I though this shit was a meme

It was more for the less legitimate ones, like Squirrel Girl and that time he dropped the cube.

>That was starlin handwaving all the non approved uses of Thanos.
Which is totally immature in my opinion. You don't own the character Starlin

DRAT!

Nah SG legit defeated him, no way out of it, but Starlin can always come up with more excuses like he did with Thor.
All this keeping in mind that SG has the toonforce, she isn't someone you use to measure Power levels.

Attached: mTB9V.jpg (700x454, 125K)

If thanos is so smart why he doesn't realize how stupid he looks and get better clothes? Seriously, look at that golden thong.

Takes more time than reading a quick wiki summary retard.

To be fair hasn't Doom been doing the same thing for even longer?

Who the hell decided to give him the name Dione?

SG could beat the living tribunal and nobody would care. Toon force is right.

No, when it's a Doombot the reveal is immediately when it's defeated, not years later in a different story.

Still the same outcome.

No... No, it's not.

That wasn't Thanos, that was a unique blend of android, clone, and mystical doppelganger.

At that point, what is actually the difference between the real Thanos and perfect duplicate?

Flawed duplicate.

Yeah but it was a stupid fucking story though. How many dumbass stories does Sup Forums wish a writer would outright retcon? Bendis' GOTG Original Sin, anyone?

>non approved uses
how fucked up is this industry for this to even be a thing anyone has to worry about

The duplicates opt for the most destructive answer to any problem, and subtle logic seems beyond them.

Could not even wiki this question?

He has control of cosmic energy, so pretty similar to a herald but at a lower degree. He added in cybernetic implants to give himself a much better control over it so he can amp himself up to Hulk levels and shoot DBZ style blasts of cosmic energy from his hands. After he died, Death resurrected him with even more power than that so he can be a serious threat for her entertainment. And all Titan Eternals trained themselves into being psychic powerhouses. The same skill can be taught to a ordinary human to make them roughly equal to Xavier in levels of psychic ability.

This panel is his using his teleport technology which is something only he has. He can teleport to any point in the universe easily with this.

It's kind of a natural outcome whenever you have multiple witters working within one continuity for decades.

Cosmic energy manipulation.

And he can use that to do a lot of shit. He can make himself more physically powerful, open portals, fuck with matter and transform things, break down matter, or just shoot energy from his hands.

Same nebulous list of weird shit when a character is an "energy manipulator"

leave Thanos to me.

Attached: clip1.jpg (288x401, 82K)

He's just a super powered, mad purple man

Okay then Adam

didn't they say that Watcher was a robot?

Why would anyone even want to treat that shit as canon? That is everything wrong with comics right there