Voltron: Legendary Defender

So how will S6 going to look? Hoping they finally give Keith positive character development now his mom is back. Not to mention giving more screentime to other characters (I miss Slav).

Also when there will be a new Robeast? Hoping Droid-bro will come back as a good one. And don't get me started on the whole thing with Haggar's schemes and Project Kuron getting into its final stages.

Attached: Keith did actually win.png (1150x650, 327K)

holy shit season 5 is out?
thanks for spoiling it. time to go watch

>thanks for spoiling it.
It was for a long time out and only now you are getting this info?

user, it’s been out since March 3rd.

>So how will S6 going to look?
Probably we'll get a season full of flashbacks. Keith's family, muh Altea, Honerva's past and Kuron/Shiro thing.

Attached: 1520643411205.png (1222x1438, 1.25M)

IMO, Kuron’s true identity wont be revealed until season 7 because Keith will need some time to bond with his mom while Lotor will need some time to form a bond/attachment to Allura and the rest of the team.

If a Kuron reveal or a Lotor betrayal is still happening, then it I suspect it’ll happen in the final two episodes of the season; nothing earlier then that.

>Not to mention giving more screentime to other characters
Ha-ha.

Attached: gZmFCouVHi4.jpg (540x297, 36K)

At least Keith will finally see some well-deserved screen time.

>Keith
>Deserving screen time
pick one

Keith gets his screen time every two seasons, I guess. At least in s2 and s3 he got enough attention.
The problem is that his role is usually all about "I'm not a leader" and MUH SHIRO. Thanks god his mom arrived so we can get something else about Keith in s6.

He deserves both.

I don't want another Keith season
I want Lance and Hunk solo episodes

and Coran, can't forget about him

A gorgeous man.

Attached: 1520977000420.png (425x577, 402K)

>I want Lance and Hunk solo episodes
Nah, I want Sendak solo episode.

Coran may be rusty and was never the greatest at it, but he does know a thing or two about Altean swordplay. Lance and Coran training montage!

I mean, he was around when Alfor was. He definitely could have sparred with the King

Its such a shame that Coran gets so little screen time. He's part of a team too!

Also, I hope that we'll get some Lotor-Team Voltron bonding moments or something,

Season 2 was the worst because he got screentime.

Just kill off Keith and make Lance the main character, problem solved.

Keith has so much plot linking to him and reacts in the most boring way to everything. Finds out about being galra? Angsts in his room like a lump. Potential conflict with Shiro? Runs away.
Why was he even with the blade this season?

He really have no character, just reacts to current situation nothing more nor less.
Its soo boring, I would rather watch some interactions with him than just he's doing.

Keith makes an excellent supporting character
And a terrible main one

Unfortunately for him he’ll probably won’t get much. If there is no Garrett, don’t expect anything aside from his usual ramblings.

>Just kill off Keith and make Lance the main character, problem solved.
I wonder who’s behind this post.
Was the NYCC booing not enough for you?

>Why was he even with the blade this season?
Simple. Because there was a probability of him finding clues to his mother. Comes 5th EP and we see his hot mom.

But honestly, Krolia looks so youthful that she'd be more like an older sister to him. Hoping she will put some sense into him that will result in Keith becoming a Paladin again.

Attached: It was love at first sight.jpg (850x1200, 203K)

NYCC booing? Also this fandom is so up and down about Keef. This time around I see them complaining he got shafted.

Some Lancefag chick, who brags she constantly gets asks in the panels, was throwing dirt at Keith while askig if Lance would take over. People boo’d at her negativity. She was even like “LET ME FINISH! D;;;”

Is it the shitpilot chick?

Did he indicate he was looking for his mom at some point?

Honestly, this.

I want Keith and Lotor adventures desu

Attached: vltrns5ltr.gif (540x304, 2.92M)

Who Shance master race here?

Attached: IMG_20170927_012519.jpg (690x1290, 70K)

I can't wait for Lance and Krolia to hook up

Everyone with taste

She’s the first one to ask about black paladin Lance at a con iirc.

I wish they would just have him interact more with different characters and give him lighter scenes without all the angst.

I don’t mind serious characters at all, but the writers do a disservice to him.

Lance would never cheat on Nanny.

>a Cuban and a Japanese person being romantically involved

Does this ever happen in real life?

As in directly? Nope, but the whole looking for his own way in the Blades was something like that (though he didn't know if she were alive or not). Especially when Kolivan told him his weapon is one used by BoM members. So we could interpret Keith finding his mother as a final phase to him being in the BoM's and looking for his own path.

Now let us see if him meeting Krolia will fix him as a character (I like if he became a bit more extrovert and would crack a joke more often. Not to mention smile more often).

Nah. Lance may be a womanizer, but the moment he finds out she's his mom, he'll back away.

Ehh, cringe.

>people still think Keith is the “main” character out of the esemble cast
>when Lance has been present in every season, receives steady character development/focus, and was even covertly introduced as the main protagonist in episode 1

Honestly the only other characters that come close are Allura and Shiro. And we don’t even know if “Kuron” is the real Shiro or an entirely different entity.

Attached: 9608650E-67AB-4B18-B8A5-4002DA9E0D6F.png (2068x1324, 2.39M)

If Lotor betrays Voltron, who will be the first to attack him?

it's an ensemble cast, so there isn't one main character, there are several.
All the Paladins, sans Keith in the most recent couple seasons, fit that
And Keith fits better now, in his more secondary role, than in the more main one when he had more constant focus

I hope it’s Coran.

>it's an ensemble cast, so there isn't one main character

Seems pretty clear the show is trying to push Keith as the main character really, really hard.

It can't be Coran
If he fought Lotor he'd beat the shit of him and there'd be no preservation of drama

>and was even covertly introduced as the main protagonist in episode 1

Nah, he was introduced as the point of view character, the one the audience projects onto.

Then they probably shouldn't have given him as much screentime as Hunk this past season

Of course I can interpret that because his plot since season 2 has been leading there, but I want him to articulate it. Half my problems with him would be fixed if he would express himself.
Wanting to find his mom, find out where he comes from is an inherently sympathic motivation. But because he never expresses any emotion to it I don't care.

>it’s an ensemble cast, so everyone gets equal treatment
>meanwhile, the show runners forget that Hunk and Conran exist, not even mentioning the fact that Keith has been outright absent for two seasons, while “Shiro” might not even be our real Shiro, but an entirely different character altogether

If this was the case then the first episode would’ve presented him as such, he would’ve been the first paladin to get that episodic VR game deal, he wouldn’t have been almost completely absent for two seasons, and he would’ve gotten more focus in season 1 in general.

If they really want him to be the “main” character, then they’re doing a terrible job of showing it. Like laughably terrible.

>lava is coming
>I'LL USE THE ICE BEAM
>literally try to block lava with the material it will have the LEAST trouble melting through, something which is already melted at room temperature.
even a pudding beam would have been more effective.

fuck, what day is it
wow, fuck. where is my life going?

my knee grow

Attached: 1500519647901.png (900x900, 183K)

>main character is determined entirely by screentime

I bet you niggers think Vaan is the main character of FFXII.

But why not? I love how Coran honestly doesn’t like Lotor. He’s usually neutral or melancholic about the other Galra.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Vaan was the POV character, your avatar to say the least. But let them think that since clearly Lance is the MC.

Vaan was fucking boring, like Keith.
Everyone with a brain knows that Balthiar was the real deal.

nonono
I mean Coran would beat Lotor

I was more triggered by the lava being being so fast moving the lions could barely outpace it but w/e, action cartoons

Except Lance is also clearly the Vaan of FFXII. He has no relevant plot or narrative purpose, he's just the POV character. Remove him from the show and barely anything would change. Just because he has the most screentime does not make him the MC.

if you removed him from the show they wouldn't have been able to form Voltron and everything would have changed.
what a dumb argument anyway, the team itself is the main character.

you can say that about all the Paladins but Shiro and Allura though

He's the only one who directly affects the narrative. even Keith's super special heritage doesn't actually cause the narrative to change outside of his own B-plot. and all that's for is determining where he specifically is when events happen

>Balthier
It’s Ashe.

Hell, they would have never gotten off Earth since Blue opened up for him alone.

Balthier and Fran are the protagonists, Ashe is the quest-important NPC

Hey Blue could have been after Shiro’s ample bosom for all we know.

>Fran
She was an accessory. Just like Vaan and Penelo, then later Basch. Stop letting your dick cloud your mind.

I don’t find Keith boring at all. Hunk however, desperately needs more screentime and focus as he is so forgettable.

>if you removed him from the show they wouldn't have been able to form Voltron and everything would have changed.

What a flimsy fucking argument. This same argument can apply to Hunk, but anyone with a brain could tell you Hunk is a completely irrelevant character. Same applies to Lance. Pidge, Shiro, and Keith all clearly have more narrative purpose.

You'd have to be in severe denial to not see they're building up Keith. I'm not surprised Sup Forums Lancefags are just as delusional and incapable of critical thought as tumblr ones.

>He has no relevant plot or narrative purpose, he's just the POV character.

But this is wrong.

I hope we'll get a flashback scene of them.

Attached: 1520616441474.png (1000x1410, 1.59M)

Attached: space_das - 01.jpg (777x865, 79K)

Hunk being sidelined so long is extra frustrating because what bits of personality he does get to show are fun and interesting. The anxious dilplomatic/gourmet dude who steps up when it counts and can lay down the most sarcastic bantz of the group is a solid fucken base.

>Pidge
Has genuine character development and episodic focus going for her, but arc doesn’t move the plot forward like most of the other paladins do. She’d be Hunk-tier if she wasn’t Lauren’s favorite.

>What a flimsy fucking argument.
it's flimsy and yet still debunks the characters not being plot relevant with ease. the same argument applying to all of the paladins just makes it even more obvious that it's an ensemble show and they're all important, despite not getting equal screentime.

I can’t wait for Lotor to screech autistically over Keith’s chad genetics.

Keith is no chad.

Characters have an importance beyond simply moving the plot along. What a shallow way to look at storytelling.

>character barely appears for two seasons
Epic build up bro

How so? The show literally opens from his POV. We react to everything the same way he does. He's the shlubby every man anyone can project onto. Hell, the fandom itself proves this from all the massive projecting it does onto Lance.

Keith would probably end up being a bad-boy chad if his childhood wasn’t so fucked up. He’ddefinitely be more social and emotionally stable as a result.

>One is a lone wolf introvert
>The other an exiled prince made Emperor
>They are both Galra hybrids and fight crime...Maybe. As long as Lotor won't keikaku or something like that.

And this is where Krolia comes in.
>Keith and Krolia have THE TALK about why she left him
>Krolia starts first about herself (her past, how she became a BoM, then moves on how she landed on Earth and met McCree)
>She asks Keith about himself and his dad
>Listens on how McCree disappeared and how Keith's life was pretty much lonely if it weren't for Shiro
>Krolia then tells him about the reasons why she left the two (and probably very gut-wrenchingly sad)
>Krolia tells him that she doesn't expect anything from him (forgiveness especially) and that if there were a chance to go back to these days when he was born, then she wouldn't hesitate to use it
>Keith, to Krolia's surprise, hugs her and tells her that when all of this is over, then the two of them should look for McCree (cue Keith shedding tears)
>Krolia, who was surprised for a moment, slowly changes her expression to that of relief, with a gentle smile as she proceeds to hug her firstborn
>The Garrison Trio eavesdropped on the conversation of the two via spy-bug and also started to cry (ESPECIALLY LANCE)
>Allura, Shiro/Kuron and Coran overhear the eavesdrop (Allura also sheds tears, Shiro/Kuron does a cool pose with a smile of relief and Koran makes big watery eyes)
>Lotor also overhears the situation from another side and finds out Keith's Galra-side (thus probably causing the Prince/Emperor to be attracted to Keith as a fellow hybrid)

Friggin hoping so.

Attached: Happy Family.png (500x319, 133K)

>the show is already over and doesn't have anymore seasons to go durrr

I dropped this show a few episodes into the first season. Maybe I should give it another go. I don't know her name but I've seen fanart of Keith's alien mom posted here and she seems pretty QT

His genetics are Chadian.
HMGF>>>>>>>>>GMAF

>most screentime overall
>still the least interesting character
Can Keith even be fixed at this point?

Attached: 1506009295026.jpg (518x562, 59K)

Lance is not the protagonist no matter how many headcanons you post on dumblr, lancefag.

Weird how this same argument applies to the insistence that Lance/Pidge/Hunk whoever aren't ""plot relevant."" Truly a fucking mystery.

Why do you fuckers want the Garrison so badly? Humanity has no chance against magical space lions made from Space Camelot.

It's a good time to hop in as the last season is the best the show has ever been, and we only have a 3 months hiatus.

You should. The quality drops hard in season 4, but quickly makes up for it in season 5. Season 5 is probably the best season yet; it feels like Voltron could’ve been up there with ATLA if the previous seasons were actually on-par with the latest one.

Her name is Krolia and is youthful and pretty badass. As expected of a purple-skinned alien space ninja amazon who hooked up with a scruffy cowboy hunk.

With Krolia it will be possible.

They are paranoid douches and I'd love it if everything tumbled down for them. Also I mentioned Garrison Trio (Lance, Hunk and Pidge).

I find Keith interesting, well his mysterious past at least. I can’t help but love him

No it doesn't, being able to pilot the Lions does not make someone an important character. Are you seriously implying Hunk is an important character? The argument was originally against this user asserting Lance is the main character, which he fucking isn't. Even his development has no focus, no episode that serves to develop him, it just happens off screen.

He's not THE protanganist, he's A protanganist because this is an ensemble cast with different characters serving different purposes you autist.

It’s like people don’t know the definition of an ensemble cast.

Pidge's arc is basically over at this point. And there have been no seeds planted that imply Lance is destined for anything great, whereas season one implied there was something strange about Keith right off the bat. The writing is terrible, but don't be so obtuse as to think they're not building Keith up.

>this goalpost moving
you said plot and narrative relevance, but now suddenly everyone is on a sliding scale and only the most important characters count, pick one argument and stick with it kek. Lance is obviously not the main character, but if you think his development hasn't had focus and hasn't been on screen right in our faces, you're just blind and not worth arguing with.

Tell that to lancepleb

If they can fix Lotor in a single season, then they can definitely fix Keith and Allura. Hell, both of them aren’t that hard to fix anyway, all Keith needs to do is grow up from his “MUH Shiro/parental figure antics, while Allura needs to stop having all of her magic and importance handed to her on some Mary-Sue silver platter; she needs to work for it for a change.