What are your thoughts on comic book adaptations

The only limit is what you can bring to the table. Video game franchises, tie ins to new movies or long running TV shows of books.
Example, pic related is from the Bloodborne comic released last month. Book was noticeable in awful fights and a pretty weird plot even considering the source material and its nature as being a prequel.

Link since I'm unable to dump fully:imgur.com/a/gHa57

Any other comics you want o mention because of how good they are as a take of their source material, or how bad it is as a telling of said material or the world itself?

Attached: image.png (507x769, 547K)

Injustice is a KINO-tier comicbook based on mediocre fighting game

I remember being excited about the dark souls comic a while ago, it was so dissapointing, didn't even bothered reading the bloodborne one, so far the only comic adaptations i've really LOVED were the mignola dracula adaptation and the alien adaptation by walter simonson

>Half the dialogue ripped directly from the game
>Author doesn't realize Paleblood is the name of the Moon Presence, not an actual type of blood
>Why the fuck is the reiterpallasch in Old Yharnam? Cainhurst had no part in that.
Jesus, it's like the author never got past the intro.

Attached: 1467104535192.jpg (631x457, 152K)

>souls comic
Is it where that pissed off solaire came from?

Loved a lot of vidya to comic adaptations. The early Assassins Creed comics were really good, the Doom ones, Valve games, even Max Payne.

Attached: d1d0019ba1bfde8acf4577a3783c4fb9.jpg (1024x768, 126K)

Metal gear was good as well , if only for the awesome ashley wood art, i mean the story is just the exact same , i eish they made comics for mgs3 and ghost babel as well

I never watched Smallville but enjoyed the Smallville Comics and the season 11.

Attached: Smallville10-19.jpg (1024x1646, 551K)

I thought Paleblood was just a general term for the blood of the old ones. Oedon is the Moon Presence, correct?

Oh man I have the graphic novel for MGS and that rt is fucking gorgeous. I think the same artist did some stuff for Metal Gear Portal Ops, which had some really nice cutscenes.

The Overwatch comic sucked donkey balls. It shouldn't have taken itself so seriously and did what the TF2 comic did.

Attached: tf2 comic.jpg (1024x768, 271K)

Overwatch is over-washed, trying hard to appeal without being offensive. TF2 works because it unabashedly loves making fun of everyone, and the only serious character in it appears for about three, maybe six pages at best in the whole five-issue saga.

Two different forces

>over a year and still no sign of the final issue

Attached: 1520555946473.jpg (869x605, 72K)

>there will never be a final issue

Attached: 1511383259923.jpg (523x521, 97K)

Not enough eyes

Attached: I know about the watermark but decided to let it that way to trigger you faggots.jpg (800x549, 67K)

The Invincible movie has a high chance of suck if it's not CGI. Those characters have awesome physiques, and Hollywood's current up-and-comers are all softbodied twinks.

Any evidence of that? Not saying I don't believe you, but the art book has Oedon's description on the Moon Presence page. I can't think of anything that ties Paleblood to MP.

I was saddened when DC decided to cancel that film they were going to make from the comic "Death: The High Cost Of Living" wasnt really surprised though, just saddened

>Injustice
>the shitty comic that makes Sup Forumsermin think they know what they're talking about
>"kino"
Unironically kill yourself.

>Injustice
>the same comic where Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, street-tier magic users all beat the shit out of Superman but don't kill him
>the same comic where the authors constantly mock the universe while trying to take it seriously
>the same comic that makes out Batman's side to be just as bad as Superman's side
>the only good thing about the comic is Superman becoming a Yellow Lantern
>two issues later that's rectified for no reason and never brought up again

Attached: 203472.jpg (400x300, 66K)

I'm glad they did really, i shiver to think how they could ruin it

>Flintstones
Surprisingly good. Worth a read if you haven't seen it already.

>Dark Souls and Bloodborne
Surprisingly bad. Whoever they put in charge of writing either of them doesn't understand subtlety.

>Overwatch
Bland as hell. The writing feels like it comes out of a saturday morning cartoon show. And not one of the fun ones either.

>TF2
Very good. It stays true to the game and is incredibly fun throughout. Has a fucking terrible update schedule though.

Source?

Paleblood is a type of blood and a reference to the moon presence
The moon presence is a reverse tarot card version of Odeon, it has a form but no name, Odeon has a name but no form

>"The nameless moon presence beckoned by Laurence and his associates. Paleblood."
Paleblood and Flora are just different names for the Moon Presence
There's also this note you stumble across only after killing Rom and revealing the true nature of Yharnam, that being that the Moon Presence's approach is what's activating the blood and turning everyone into beasts

Forgot the pic

Attached: 12421341232.png (1236x718, 1.17M)

You can find the note even if you haven't killed Rom. I remember in one playthrough I decided to explore the gaol before killing Rom, see if anything was different, and the note is there.

Paleblood is alien blood you nigger.

It refers to the object itself and those who hold it. Only alien and cosmic creatures in the game have it, hence why the college was trying ti figure shit out like what the hell was actually going on which got us shit like Rom and the Failed Experiments/Celestial Emissary and Ebrietas.

>Behold, a paleblood night!
Its an alien caused event