Who's your favorite Goblin and why? Call me old school, but nobody tops old man Osborn

Who's your favorite Goblin and why? Call me old school, but nobody tops old man Osborn.

Attached: goblins_by_olybear-d5j4c3n.jpg (892x579, 138K)

Go green or go home.

Christ are there really that many I thought it was only ever like 2-3 people

It would be fun having him in MVC with Hob and Demogoblin as skins.

>Green Goblins
Norman Osborn
Harry Osborn
Bart Hamilton
Phil Urich
The 5th Green Goblin (a nameless "genetic construct")
Cleavon Twain/Headsman

also one time Peter Parker got brainwashed into being the Green Goblin

>Hobgoblins
Roderick Kingsley
Jason Macendale
Secret War Hobgoblin
Phil Urich

also a lot of people served as dupes for Kingsley, including Arnold Donovan, Ned Leeds, & Flash Thompson, Daniel Kingsley, & Deadpool. Most were brainwashed, Deadpool was paid.

>Other Goblins
Demogoblin
Proto-Goblin (Nels van Adder)
Grey Goblin (Gabriel Stacy)
Menace (Lily Hollister)
Monster (Carlie Cooper)
Goblin Knight (Phil Urich)
Goblin King (Phil Urich)
Goblin 2099
Hobgoblin 2211 (Robin Bourne)

I liked Norman before they "lol make him look more like Joker"-ified him

Jesus Christ, comics, can't you just let a character be a LITTLE unique? Do you really have to make dozens of variations of the same guy every time?

Why can't we just have Green Goblin and Hobgoblin and leave it at that?

Because fuck you legacy characters out the ass for new characters that ABSOLUTELY MUST EXIST BECAUSE I NEED A NEW POOL IN MY SPACE HOUSE.

Because writers kept killing them, and introducing replacement. Then the original Green Goblin and Hobgoblin both came back, and the replacements weren't wanted. But both kept using other guys as dupes. And writers kept creating other Goblin spin-off characters, because it was an easy way to make your new villain "important".

Isn't kinda weird how the most popular enemy to a spider based hero is a goblin?

Kinda weird how some things stick and some dont.

Attached: 6573795.jpg (500x414, 23K)

And since we're on the topic, is JAck-O-Lantern a "goblin?"

Macendale was a former Hobgoblin, and he had a similar bag of tricks....or has he evolved enough into his own thing that he's a distinct character now?

Attached: Jack_O'Lantern_Marvel_XP.png (360x502, 153K)

>has he evolved enough into his own thing
If anything he's a Halloween variant

He's more his own thing now. But I think he has potential to be Flash/AntiVenoms "goblin".

There are at least 5 different Jacks O Lantern. Jason Macendale is a Jack O Lantern and a Hobgoblin, but the other Jacks are not Goblins, just Halloween-themed villains.

Between the new Jack from the Venom solo series, the clone Jack from Clone Conspiracy, and the one in the original costume, from the supervillain army in Standoff and Secret Empire, there are possibly three different Jack O Lanterns active at the same time now.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

It's largely due to his character, not his gimmick. A. he has a link to Peters personal life, since the father of his best friend, and B. he killed his girlfriend, one of the more worse feats of villainy among Spider-Mans rogues who often aren't that personal to him and just trying to make a dirty living

Norman Osborn >>> Roderick Kingsley >>> all the other copies

You should at least have some appreciation of Harry Osborn.

Really?
It feels like there were more.

Hobgoblin and Demogoblin.

Hobgoblin.

As far as villains go, I pick Roderick.
I loved Phil as a hero, but now he's a joke and an one-dimensional psychopath with none of intelligence or charisma of either Kingsley or Osborn.

Charisma's a weird word to describe Kingsley. Norman's capable of being affable when he wants to be, but even before he was Hobgoblin, Kingsley was always a nasty asshole from the start. People usually like him for his competence, not a winning personality.

His smugness and arrogance are likable. Let me put it that way.: he'd be unbearable if he was a real person, but as a character that makes him endearing.

it's fantastic that it's not just reskinned spiderperson or animal themed moron
i always liked hobgoblin more, and i like the color scheme more, his first appearance was terrific, so kingsley i suppose
but i liked macendale as well, don't think bringing back kingsley was a good idea

AXIS Kingsley
Ultimate Norman
Stormin' Norman

The thing that is wrong with this picture is having Gabriel but not Proto-Goblin. I liked Proto-Goblin.

>from the supervillain army in Standoff and Secret Empire

I think it's just assumed that every crowd scene Jack like that is just the Venom one.

Crime Master's dead, so he's gotta do something to keep busy.