Hey Sup Forums, I just finished rewatching Avatar after almost a decade...

Hey Sup Forums, I just finished rewatching Avatar after almost a decade. this is the most surprising thing I've seen come out of a western cartoon. It's hard to honestly believe something this high quality can exist as a western work. I've always believed the west couldn't produce anything of substance, that it was all left to the japanese, or maybe even the french. But this! THIS! The world, the characters, everything is handled godly! With so much love and passion! So I gotta ask, WHY HASN'T THE WESTERN INDUSTRY CHANGED AT ALL. WHY IS EVERYTHING STILL LOW GRADE KIDDY SHIT AND CAPESHIT/SCOOBY DOO CROSSOVER WITH KELLOGS STRAIGHT TO VIDEO DVDS? HOW HAS NOTHING CHANGED? What failed? Why is there not a sea of fantastic western cartoons that rival this show that aired in 2005? This is fucking bullshit.

Attached: 1480973928123.png (798x685, 576K)

I forgot to add all the shitty """"adult comedy""" cartoons plaguing the industry currently as well
Fuck that gay shit.

>implying Japan produces anything but cringy autistic waifu bait recycled shit

>but muh Musishi

I mean, there are exceptions, but it's like a ratio of 100:1.

*Mushishi

Every form of media is like 100:1 desu

BOI you shut your excrement stuffed mouth, They've created more masterpieces than the west has ever achieved. try and explain how you can be satisfied with studios only throwing you dogshit with no plot to minimal plot and shitty animation, unappealing artstyles, and ENDLESS COMEDY?? THAT'S THE ONLY GENRE US AMERIBURGERS CAN TRULY ENJOY AFTER ALL.

Attached: 1433541690061.jpg (720x960, 118K)

oh look, this thread again

Evangelion, welcome to the NHK, serial experiments lain, tatami galaxy, Samurai flamenco, full metal alchemist, gurren lagann, cowboy bebop, made in abyss
Give me any western work that rivals any of these even slightly in quality
Pro tip: you literally fucking can't
western animation is dead

Attached: 1396539197462.gif (265x310, 92K)

Avatar is shit, more "meditation is magic" shitty monk crap from Asia. Give me actual magic as in the dark arts or super powers, that karate = super powers crap should have died in the fucking late 80s early 90s. Ki is not real.

I could name a lot, but many of them are comedy. Becasue there's nothing wrong with comedy.

Yeah, I'm tired of this shit too, fucking Ki, wtf. Give me real magic and superpowers that actually exist.

I understand your sarcasm, but I'm serious. The whole Street Fighter/Dragonball template of super powers based on martial arts spirituality is fucking boring now, and wasn't that great to begin with. I'll take high fantasy, occult, or science fiction themes any day over that crap.

Your standards are extremely low, OP.

Avatar is a standard anime-type series that would be, and indeed was, viewed as quite mediocre in Japan. It's definitely a fun watch, but the passion you are talking about is not really there in retrospect (Ehasz's valiant attempts in several episodes aside). Bryke dumbed it down so much to appeal to the lowest common denominator in America, and the presence of writers like John O'Bryan made it even worse.

There's a reason anime has a massive, thriving adult community, while cartoons are generally viewed as strictly for kids.

fukin weebs
go back to Sup Forums

Avatar >>>>> pretty much every anime I've watched. Much tighter plot, story, characters, verse, better animation and music than most.

>caring about Jap opinions
kek
I'm curious how the Jap subs/dubs deal with a show like Avatar and how it would affect the quality. Got to have that top-notch Avatar dialogue.

I'm no weeb, user. I can barely stand anime.
I'm just bitterly disappointed and frustrated that there is nothing to watch for someone like me, and at the state of the essentially non-existent Western animation "industry" in general.

(And as it happens, my favorite animated series is actually a cartoon which sounds exactly like what and are looking for. But then I recently learned it's a ripoff of a pretty well-known anime itself. You just can't win here.)

If you think TLA is better than a single anime from you may need your head examined.

Nigga, Avatar is like a kind of worse FMA.

And you should take it as a compliment, as Avatar is my favorite western show.

>Evangelion
Literal garbage, criminally overrated psuedo 2deep4u bullshit
>welcome to the NHK, serial experiments lain, tatami galaxy, Samurai flamenco, made in abyss
all unremarkable and boring
>gurren lagann
ehhh
>cowboy bebop
it's okay
>fullmetal alchemist
the 2003 version is actually pretty goat

You have a really bad taste.

>Sup Forumsutists can't even stay in their own board

Didn't their board just go down or something?

Sucks for them, but that's no excuse to shit up an already shat on board.

And here I thought Sup Forums was love... looks like we even hate our fellow boards, let alone outsiders.

>These replies
Holy shit what happened to Sup Forums?

Attached: 1511626951315.gif (388x472, 250K)

>There's a reason anime has a massive, thriving adult community, while cartoons are generally viewed as strictly for kids.
Pandering to autistic nerds?

I mean there's nothing wrong with that. I like hot girls with big tits too and saying that every animated show produced in japan is shit is kinda ignorant.

>Avatar
>good
Damn, you have some really low standards for "quality"