He's always training

He's always training

Attached: sjwqucikkick.jpg (1200x1124, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo's_Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_experiment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>all that training

snake was going easy on him right?

If SE gets his ass kicked in the next panel, I'll riot.

Attached: se beaten.png (1021x738, 1.04M)

i mean is this the same issue where they had a flashback of snake taking dives to make the other guy (storm shadow) save face or am i confusing this for another?

what the FUCK

Attached: miss me with that bullshit.webm (400x400, 288K)

This old dbz ripoff trope...

dragon ball ripped off that from Kinnikuman

Why do black people faint or fall to the floor when something happens

No. Snake Eyes was legitimately trying his best. He even tries to get a sucker attack in for a cheap victory but he STILL loses.

Because niggers

ah, thanks for the clarification.

what issue was the flashback from?

Speaking as a Snake Eyes fan, I wouldn't mind Quick Kick winning if he wasn't such a smug prick about it.

>I should talk about DB
what, Jojo wasn't good enough for you f/a/ggot

aside from parts I and II, jojo doesn't have training scenes as far as i know. stands pretty much trumps hamon over everything except for the life advantage bonuses.

Ok this would be bad for a fan fiction, and the company that has the Joe license thought it would be ok to drag one of the most beloved characters throught the mud? Let me take a guess the sales droped after his issue?

they read too much manga

they moved that "writer" into spinoff series called Scarlet's Strike Force that was canceled after 2nd issue

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

> H- He fell from just the wind pressure!
> That guy didn't even use a technique!

Attached: 21740018_10211866653479008_6901865430387796647_n.jpg (400x294, 35K)

Wow, what a cunt.

Man I won't lie that was fantastic

Look at how seemlessly he dips his legs. Dude should become a Gymnist

Because they are trying to be humorous.

yea, that's who you want on your GI Joe book

Attached: Twin Towers.jpg (800x786, 173K)

The only reason this happened, and I do mean the ONLY reason, is because Shitterson is a white guilt cuck who thought that Snake Eyes being a good martial artist was cultural appropriation and he brought in an Asian to put the white guy in his place.

>why are they having an outrageous reaction to something outrageous that happen

Do you just awkwardly chuckle and slap your hand on your knees when something happens?

He made Shipwreck a fatass

Attached: 1517444525-scarletts-strike-force-2-gi-joe-review-shipwreck-gung-ho-lats.jpg (494x442, 74K)

Attached: female cobra commander.png (490x632, 546K)

Snake Eyes has been close to borderline Mary Sue levels of annoying as of late in everything GI Joe and needed a damn humbling (only a few people can make him likeable for me and that includes Hama and the Renegade writers).

But the way Aubrey handled it made Quick Kick annoying although I did like that Storm Shadow kicked his ass and he kicked the Dire Wraith female Shadow's ass so badly that she changed her name.

All in all I would rather have seen Scarlett humiliate Helix , or at least I want someone to write her in a way that she's likeable.

I would have no problem with a friendly match of skills between Quick Kick and Snake Eyes but the way he did it is disgusting, Quick Kick is a psychopath here

Attached: DIWPBT8UQAAGQzJ.jpg (588x904, 132K)

pent-up frustration over getting chosen last when martial arts is concerned?
i don't even think QK is second banana to snake-eyes in the team when it comes to martial arts.

So the author preferred QK because he is Asian and because he didn't use icky guns, right?

Weighted vests really exist, idiot.

This
Snake Eyes not being the greatest martial artist doesn't bother me, Snake Eyes doesn't need to be the greatest hand to hand fighter
Snake Eyes is a Ninja Commando the guy who brings a gun to a sword fight and a sword to a gun fight, he doesn't need to be the best martial artist he's dangerous enough as it is
Him losing to Quick Kick in an unarmed fight in a dojo is fine but this issue went out of it's way to put down the character and make him less than what he is

I thought that was Jackie Chan

>speed of decent mattering with weight
>you can calculate weight by the arc of flight, on a jacket that has variable drag with each fold.
>you can calculate the weight by the fucking sound that it makes.
My autism is not pleased

Attached: 1489369287750.png (428x315, 87K)

>Quick kick is now Eillot Rodgers.

That's fucking hilarious.

Yeah, they're also a massive fucking meme because they don't help with neither martial arts training or exercise.

>I'm going to put this thing on that confuses my body's Proprioception
>That will help me in Martial Arts surely.

>Speed of decent mattering with weight

But steel is heavier than feathers.

Meanwhile in the REAL Joe comics, Quick-Kick ends up as CANNON-FODDER!

Why is this the new way almost all media writers/developers introduce new characters these days?
>"Hah, good to see you're up to the usual, Most Popular Character B."
>"Glad to see you haven't gotten sloppy, Most Popular Character A."
>WOAH SHIT LOOK OUT WHO'S THIS?
>"Move over old and busted, it's the new hotness!"
>"Wh- I missed!?"
>"H-he's fast!"
>*teleports behind them*
>"Heh, nothing personnel, kids."
>WOAH SHIT MOST POPULAR MORE LIKE MOST DUNKED ON WHO IS THIS AWESOME NEW RAD AND COOL CHARACTER?
>*Winks"
>WOAAAHH SHIIIT SO COOL AND MYSTERIOUS ARE THEY YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER YET HOW ABOUT NOW ARE THEY YOUR FAVORITE NOW I THINK I HEARD A YES OKAY ITS OFFICIAL NEW CHARACTER IS NOW THE COOLEST CHARACTER AND IS STRONGER THAN ALL THE OTHERS THAT HAVE BEEN BUILT UP OVER A DECADE OF MEDIA
Like, do they really think this is the best way to get their audience to accept their new character? To alienate and shit on fans of the pre-established favored characters?

Wasn't Snake Eyes a giant gary stu to begin with?

This example is just a minor one among many more. Video games are particularly guilty of this trend.

Look at his original toy bio. He knows like 7 martial arts, knows how you use every bladed weapon in existence, and any NATO small arms.

I knew it. He is The One.

They probably wouldn't have had him so smug about it if Snake Eyes fags weren't such insufferable pricks about him all the fucking time. Up until this point Snake was treated as GI Joe Ninja Jesus. With maybe only Storm Shadow ever being able to KIND of give him a run for his money.

Attached: Renegades-003-068_1294514334.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

It's the fukken decimal that annoyed me plenty

He was OK in commando version
shit went far in ninja craze and Storm Shadow introduction

Attached: m001_39.jpg (643x1014, 173K)

yeah it could be ok just by saying

>gosh, this jacket must weight over 80 pounds!

A good soldier doesn't round.

Are those fucking MANGA WATER DROPS on panel 2?

Spidey sense

Yep, he's sweating.
I'm sure if the writer was allowed to, he'd have Snake Eyes piss himself right before surrendering too, then have him go through an existential crisis considering quitting the Joes, but then Quick Kick comes to console him, and through an honorable and motivating speech, gives Snake Eyes the spirit he needs to keep fighting under the tutelage of his new mentor and inspiration: Quick Kick.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo's_Leaning_Tower_of_Pisa_experiment

Shipwreck is a god damned Navy SEAL.

>Weighted Push-ups aren't an appropriate exercise
>Weighted Pull-ups aren't an appropriate exercise
>Weighted Squats aren't an appropriate exercise

Weight vests are a good tool to increase your work load on basic calisthenics.

Dixon did kind of make him a loner asshole.

Hama's was always a team player who happened to work alone a lot. Huge difference.

I wouldn't mind this even remotely if it wasn't presented in such a shitty way.

Sure it makes all the sense in the world that the martial arts expert who solely focuses on that outclasses the jack of all trades. But isn't Snake Eyes still the guy who got burned the fuck alive? Why does this even remotely intimidate him.

I'm not sure if we ever got an explanation for IDW Snake Eyes being in his suit all the time. All I remember is that everybody was an asshole in the IDW universe thanks to Dixon and Costa.

Now he's just a Navy seal.

This, him and Helix were being treated like the perfect can do no wrong characters in the team and it's been going on for awhile in the IDW comics and in a way outside of them as well.

Scarlett and the others had a plan and both Snake Eyes and Helix deviated from the plan because Helix's thought she had the superior plan and Snake Eyes thought he could execute her plan but in the end both just ended fucking up Scarlett's plan.

Scarlett then went to yell at them but an angry Quick Kick challenged him to humble Snake Eyes.

And it's not like Aubrey even ignored that Quick Kick is a cocky asshole because he started getting cocky after he beat Snake Eyes and he was called in on that. Then when Storm Shadow whooped Quick Kick's ass it made him extremely butthurt and the other Joes told him to drop it.

Honestly, Destro being a cuck and cowarding in Baroness' presence was what bothered me the most. But Helix and Snake Eyes do deserve to be knocked down, they were getting annoying.

Hama's Snake Eyes is not perfect, he's infallible, and yes he does know the value of teamwork. All of that made him likeable and he had chemistry with Scarlett.

But IDW Snake Eyes is annoying as hell and he's been written as this solo angsty badass jerk who can't do no wrong and I get really annoyed when we have stories centering on him and Scarlett crying about him not opening himself to here. A good chunk of that WWII Transformers and GI Joe crossover was wasted on Snake Eyes angst too.

what's the height of snake eyes power level?

Attached: TF_v_GIJ_06_5.jpg (477x733, 144K)

That time he was locked in the Cobra consulate building in New York horribly burned and barely hanging on with like 100 different Vipers and the Baroness and she had to yell at a dumb mook "you fool, he's not locked up in here with us, we're locked in here with him!" and for once you bought the goddamn cliche.

Then he killed nearly everyone in the building and blew up the top few floors.

No, I just let out a loud exhale

damn!

The entertainment industries learned NOTHING from the Poochy episode of The Simpsons.

All because somehow Cobra actually managed to shoot Scarlett while he was out hurt. That got him right pissed.

wait, you think quick kick is new?

you just described the new star wars movies

>Only Asians are allowed to know martial arts
>But also ALL Asians know it, and they're the best
>This is the only niche they have
>I promise I'm not racist

sounds like a charles bronson movie plot.

I was about to post this: There's also ARAH #103-106 which is basically "Snake Eyes kills a metric fuckload of dudes: The Story". That is definitely a contender as well.

It's like when sjws wanted to make Iron Fist asian on the TV show. How the fuck is that NOT stereotyping?

Here's a phrase that no asian person has ever said ever: "Man, I sure wish there were more asian martial artists in the media."

Eh, a bit. It was the mid 80s. But the wife didn't die to motivate the man, and normally this female love interest saves her own ass.

Hama was a master at subverting cliches without being a prick. In Silent Interlude, Snake Eyes has to sneak into Destro's secret castle to rescue Scarlett, but she's breaking out herself, and at the last moment she catches a knife that would have killed him, and they both get out.

Or Joe Colton and Jane. Joe and Jane were homages to the original toys. He was the commando guy Joe, she was a nurse. Well, she got out of the military, got a few degrees, and was working on giant death rays and shit for the government. Meanwhile Colton stayed in a while longer and when he left he got a job as her head of security. Hama did a few sneaky thing here. Education is more important than the military, and the old badass guy is employed by the woman. Hama knows how to write though, so this stuff was never spelt out really, or slapped in your face, it was just there.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying two issues, SSS had THREE issues.

Just cut the pretentious speech, have QK beat Snake Eyes unarmed, and pin him. Then he's all "Give up?" but he hears a click. Then he looks down, and see SE has a pistol pointed at his chest. The lesson is that there's always more to learn, even when you think you're the best.
There, I fixed your entire fight scene. IDW please hire me.

He's right, though.

What about it? There's been several Cobra Commanders in this universe, and this isn't even the universe where Baroness became leader.

isn't even the FIRST universe*

>Speed of descent
Do these people not understand how gravity works? Shit falls at the same speed no matter how much it weighs. That's like grade school science man.

Wait, what happened to Krake or whoever it is that won the civil war?

Can anyone recommend me some essential Snake Eyes?

>Shit falls at the same speed no matter how much it weighs.
If weight is the only variable.
Dunno, that's outside my scope of Transformers-related Joe issues.

Silent Interlude (Issue 21?) and the Snake Eyes trilogy from right around then. Those four issues will give you a taste of what the man is all about. After that, just read the original GI Joe series start to present. Snake Eyes is one of the main characters. So his story is really just interlaced throughout it. It's not really too easy to just tell you where to go for Snake stuff.

Plus you can read awesome stuff like the dogfight issues. Hama was fantastic at writing the occasional all air action issue. I miss those.

He used how fast it fell to determine the jacket's weight. That shouldn't be possible because weight isn't a variable that determines how speed of descent.

Attached: 1505931239705.jpg (1988x3056, 3.3M)

Attached: 1505931752659.jpg (1988x3056, 3.74M)

I was just correcting your statement without regard to the context you made it in.

more importantly where's big momma?

Attached: 180px-GIJoev3-15_Big_Boa.jpg (180x334, 18K)

The only reason why you see so many Asian martial artists, especially actors, is because the martial arts genre is really huge there compared to America, but throwing a bitchfit when something like Iron Fist comes along means it'll be harder to develop here. It sucks if you like martial arts films.
But anyways, things like Nioh prove that Asia is probably alright with white people learning karate. It's a fish out of water story, like if someone made a movie about a samurai coming to the American West to become a cowboy.

rising zan the movie?!!

i'm more confused that the issue wasn't about iron fist being a mighty whitey.

Attached: rising-zan-cover-it0001.jpg (884x890, 351K)

What are some good G.I. Joe comics to read?

Just read the original Marvel G.I. Joe series. The most quintessential Snake Eyes stories are probably #21, The Origin of Snake Eyes (#20-something, it's 3 issues long), the one where he goes through a burning office building, and #103-106. There's also the later issues where he basically becomes the star of the book for a little while, so those have a heavy focus on him.

You mean act like a normal person? Yeah. Usually.

>Asia is probably alright with white people learning karate

K-1 kickboxing is mostly westerners, both white and black. Some of the dudes from that have become HUGE names in Japan. White people have had a TREMENDOUS influence on asian martial arts, including introducing western boxing techniques into kickboxing/muay thai, which was VERY different before and significantly less practical.

It's only in the west that anyone thinks of asian martial arts in a racial context. In asia they'd see whites doing karate as no different than chinese doing karate or Japanese doing kung fu.

As has been said, just read the original Marvel run. It's about 300 issues long now.

The Devil's Due run is kind of dated in an early 2000's way, but it's okay.

Dixon's IDW stuff started with some promise, but IDW seems intent on never using any of it. Costa's Cobra is the same way.

All the Marvel stuff.

As far as the rest goes, the first couple volumes of IDW's continuity (and the related spin-offs) were arguably OK. After that it gets REALLY BAD.

The Devil's Due Publishing stuff is generally hated, and while I think it's not as bad as most people consider it to be, it's still a little bit shitty.

IDW's continuation of the Marvel series, written by Larry Hama, is decent.

Transformers vs. G.I. Joe is some of the trippiest shit ever, and tons of fun, though it's NOTHING like any other G.I. Joe comic, so it's a sort of horrible representation of the series even if it does kick ass.

>It's about 300 issues long now.

It's about 250 counting the IDW continuation of it.

You'd both be retarded then, because the 9/11 attacks were in 3 different locations, not just NYC. Plus the fact that the subsequent war led to the deaths of Americans from every state and is remembered much in the same way that Dec 7th is remembered nationwide.

Special Missions, Storm Shadow, Yearbook, Order of Battle, Declassified, the Annual, 150.5 or whatever the IDW relaunch issue was. Roughly 48 more issues there. Special Missions and the Annual were double length too.