VENDITTI IS OFF HAL N PALS

VENDITTI IS OFF HAL N PALS

twitter.com/robertvenditti/status/974645052222918656?s=21

>Turning in the script for Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #48 today, which seems like as good a time as any to say that this is part one of our big, three-part finale. #50 will be my last issue writing the Four Corpsmen. A nice, milestone number to say goodbye.

With John Stewart in JL and Venditti leaving HJGLC what do you think will happen to the GL books? Who do you want to see writing them? Do you think Venditti's last arc will have Parallax?

Attached: 5655557C-560F-4E20-B77F-3BD99B84B6DE.jpg (922x1400, 217K)

1. Nice, GL could use some fresh air.

2. The new guy is gonna be worse, right?

Finally we are free

>2. The new guy is gonna be worse, right?

There's a high chance that there's gonna be a fille writer for a while, after that who knows

Pity, that was one of the few rebirth titles still worth something

this entire run was filler

Lol

John Stewart is in the JL? Then Jessica and Simon are going are leaving?

lolno

Mostly. This was pretty great though.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps - Rebirth (2016) 001-011.jpg (1988x3056, 2.78M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps - Rebirth (2016) 001-012.jpg (3975x3056, 4M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps - Rebirth (2016) 001-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.88M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps - Rebirth (2016) 001-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.87M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps - Rebirth (2016) 001-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps - Rebirth (2016) 001-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.36M)

FUCKING FINALLY

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps - Rebirth (2016) 001-019.jpg (1988x3056, 2.01M)

Also, point to him for possibly being the best Gardner writer of this current era.

Attached: Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) 004-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.94M)

There's already a thread for it.

>Venditti AND EVS off GL
Hopefully this time DC can put a good creative team on it.

he's the ONLY modern Guy writer

Soule's Red Lanterns was great, fuck you.

It will most likely be Tomasi, Jurgens, Ben Percy, Orlando, Tynion or Abnett, so don't get your hopes high.

Is Rafa Sandoval leaving also?

Hope he gets put on Immortal Men or The Unexpected after Lee/Sook leave.

So what would the Grant Morrison Lantern run look like?

I hope is abnett aka cosmic King

lots of alien sex

He needs Lanning to be good.

>EVS off GL
lol doubt it

Was less filler than other rebirth titles.

I don't understand how he did it? Was it the gauntlet or just his own will? Because the execution was shit.

Tyinion and Percy are good, Abnett I dunno Aquaman is good but Titans is shit.

Yeah it's kinda jarring how different the quality between the two titles is. Maybe twenty-someodd issues of booth just made me assume Titans was shit

please bring tomasi back. since johns moved out, this seems like a big filler

nah, Titans has shit writing as well, especially compared to Aquaman.
Aquaman has spot on characterizations and plot with it's main problem being decompressed as fuck.

>I don't understand how he did it?
Was it the gauntlet or just his own will?
His tools were constructs, the forge was the one originally used by the Guardians, and the material was his will that eventually became his ring.

they revealed the line-up for Snyder JL (Jim Cheung and Jorge Jimenez on art)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Aquaman
Cyborg
John Stewart JL
Hawkwoman
Martian Manhunter

presumably with all the other team books ending around the same time, we'll get relaunches and such with their new creative teams in the coming months.

So it's dcau justice league?

I think Venditti was pretty good for rebirth. His prior stuff was pretty meh. I think he had Johns on his ass giving him pointers. I really liked his run and I'm a bit sad to see him go.

I don't see Tomasi writing GL, considering he did write the book for like 6 years before

Plus Arthur, Cyborg and Barry instead of Wally.

They brought back Wolfman to write Cyborg and Raven and Jurgens to write Action Comics and Isabella to write Black Lightning.

the book was weakened by being a single GL book.
Vendetti really tried to keep Hal the star while giving the other 3 humans and the alien members room to exist too, and it was just a little too much I think.

to be fair, they were going to cancel Cyborg if Wolfman didn't hop on to write it.

>guy
don't be a shitlord

Oh no, cancelling a shit book that nobody reads

>New Darkstars look less technologically advanced than the Old Darkstars

I'd be OK with Abnett.

Bendis expressed interest in GL so he might decide to take on a third title.

Thats a pretty solid lineup for JL. I ain't going to complain.

Based Guy needs another solo series.

Abnett does good with stuff where he can build some lore or concentrate on the larger storyline with character moments here and there. It's why he works well with stuff like Aquaman, Guardians, Nova, and 40k (also because he got to do new stuff there).

Titans is more of a smaller self contained drama and action driven super hero comic, you can't have them be like the Guardians. Also Abnett didn't know the characters and didn't really have much passion for them and it showed. Even if he knew their history it's not like people want to see another Roy takes drugs story not to mention characters like Garth and Donna are difficult to make interesting and easy to digest without changing them and people are going to bitch at that point.

And? They could've just given it to a new writer that would've gotten the same attention as crusty old Wolfman but probably would've had a bigger chance at being good since Wolfman hasn't been good in like 3 decades.

Grant Morrison & Jim Lee taking over Green Lantern in August. Starting with a 6 issue mini series. This isn't speculation

>Jim Lee
At least try to make it believable retard

>The new guy is gonna be worse, right?
God I hope not. Vendetti's jump in quality from GL to Hal n Pals was massive, but I don't think the franchise can take another massive slump like the one he put the GL book on after Johns' run

Citations Needed.

How do we feel about the time travel arc with Sinestro's grandson? I'd love to see Dan Abnett's take on Hal and Pals. That could be pretty interesting but he seems too busy with Aqua Man at the moment and the Mera miniseries.

>How do we feel about the time travel arc with Sinestro's grandson
pointless

>I'd love to see Dan Abnett's take on Hal and Pals
he'd be decent, I'd take him over a Snyderling

Seeing Abnett do some political intrigue with Lanterns would be interesting but I'd prefer Hickman if we're looking for ideal replacements. I can see him doing wonders with the book.

For me that was the absolute rock bottom lowest point of Hal n Pals. It dragged, the entire conflict with the beasts was retarded, the fallout stopped one of the more interesting premises in the book, and Kyle was a bigger dumbass than normal. The only good part was how Hal fuckin' merc'd that kid like damn

I'd competely forgotten about that. I guess Venditti's final arc will be the return of Sorallax.

I don't think they bring back Wolfman for raven, I've convinced myself he has an iron clad contract to write atleast one mini every 2 years.

Abnett isn't my first choice, but Hickman seems very unlikely

it doesn't feel like DC cares about GL much so I'm not expecting anybody interesting after Venditti

So now that we've all agreed Prism of Time is the worst story in Vendetti's Hal and Pals, what would you say is the best? I think mine would be Bottled Light tied with the New Gods arc.Fracture is also up there.

>Venditti's final arc will be the return of Sorallax

I dread it. Soranik taking a walk on the dark side was a story I had been hyped about since Bunn's Sinestro. Vinditti rushed the execution and I can see the "lol fear bug made me do it" resolution coming from a thousand miles away.

New Gods, I guess

Nothing was really awful aside from Prism, but it didn't have a lot of standout material either

The New Gods arc was really good. I also really liked the initial arc with Sinestro, and the Collectors arc too

Where's Lanning anyway?

Then why is his Aquaman so shit?

isn't he doing 2000AD stuff?

Probably. Haven't seen him in quite a while iirc

Oh good. Whoever the new writer is, they really oughta take a look at GLC pre-Nu52 as a model going ahead.
Give us some new lanterns, or focus back on some neglected members like Isamott and Iolande, and split the focus between different groups going on low-key space adventures.
I'm so tired of every arch involving every lantern all at once against some big baddy. It's gotten really old.