Anyone else fucking love MCU Cap as well as the evolution of his costume?

Anyone else fucking love MCU Cap as well as the evolution of his costume?

Which costume ist he best? Is Rogers going to be referred to as Nomad in IW?

MCU Cap thread

Attached: MCUCap.jpg (2077x599, 400K)

MCU Cap is best Cap

This. I unironically think MCU Cap is better than 616 Cap. 616 Cap has done and said some questionable stuff, whereas MCU Cap always seems like a genuinely good and moral man, and has always been right.

His character is good, his movies are pish.

Nah the Cap movies are the best in the MCU next to Guardians.

Winter Soldier is a legit really good Bourne/Mission Impossible styled espionage action movie.

>Anyone else fucking love MCU Cap as well as the evolution of his costume?
The MCU cap is too bland and boring to me.

Hell, most of the MCU characters feel interchangeable.

>Winter Soldier is a legit really good Bourne/Mission Impossible styled espionage action movie.

Its a decent action movie, is a spy movie in which the bad guys are one note and really easy to point out, barely on screen and or developed.

No twist and turns, no complex plot, the plan of the main guy was too dumb involving giant flying battleships shooting machine guns at people from the sky based on a math formula.

Writting wise, Winter Soldier is no better than a random action movie in the 90s.

infinity war costume is the best imo, always thought the headpiece was a bit silly.

I wish the "nomad" costume was something different instead of just dirty CW costume

Cap was pretty wishy washy up until winter soldier, where his ideals and who he was serving started getting challenged more and more building up into Civil War. Infinity War's "Punished Cap" costume is fucking amazing, like he finally turned from a fresh faced rookie into a hardened veteran. Seriously hoping they don't get rid of the beard at the very least, assuming he survives IW.

>barely on screen and or developed.
I like that it gave that one fat dude who was always a dick to Tony actual motivations as to why he was constantly trying to shit on Iron Man by being part of hyrda. It was like an "Oh neat" detail to a pretty light character.

I love the progression of suit designs. It's basically

>And this is why Cap's classic suit doesn't work in real life. Let's bury it as deeply as possible

Seriously, the suit NEEDS those leather straps. I'm so glad they learned that lesson quickly

Cap 1, avengers and avengers 2 id agree he's like that but cap 2 and 3 make him actually stand up for some of the stuff he says.

Best costume would be AOU if you removed the red on his arms and maybe his chest. I was super hyped when I thought the CW costume would have scalemail due to the concept art, but I still like it.

Even though I technically prefer the AOU and CW outfits, I fucking love the Nomad costume. Primarily because I have a boner for "fallen" arcs where characters are outcasted or abandoned, travelling the world growing a beard and being jaded. I'm also pretty hype for the fact that he has a scalemail layer underneath his suit, I hope his suit gets more beat up as the story progresses fully revealling the scales.

I also like how they handled Cap's ideology and motivations in the MCU. His rebellion in Civil War is much more compelling and justified than it was in 616.

Attached: 1d5.jpg (519x475, 150K)

first avenger > civil war > winter soldier > infinity war > age of ultron > avengers

Attached: iron man3.gif (500x531, 119K)

>I unironically think MCU Cap is better than 616 Cap.

Better than a character who was retconned into having been a Nazi-collaborator all along? You think? Reminder that the not-Hydra Cap that was brought into the 616 is still an imaginary Cap created by the Cosmic Cube. The evil Hydra Cap is still the real Cap in 616 continuity.

While I'm not a fan of the movie itself, I think the Age of Ultron costume hits the perfect note between serious and light-hearted.

I actually think First Avenger is super underrated. I get that the third act is a mess, especially with that montage. But the first two acts are fucking prime superhero movie stuff. Good music, good acting, good effects, and my favorite aesthetic in the MCU. Also, Haley Atwell. Jesus Christ, Haley Atwell.

AOU was the best outfit. Screw the haters, I love the extra bits of red around the star.

I still have no idea how they regressed so hard on the costume design in cap 1 -> avengers. isn't that literally almost the same costume he wears as a mocking joke during the first bit of cap 1?

It's just the red on the arms that fucks it up.

>And this is why Cap's classic suit doesn't work in real life. Let's bury it as deeply as possible
Hell that's a lot of classic characters. I hate when Sup Forumsmic purists pretend that every single costume and concept can be adapted 1:1 and it won't look stupid.

Yet is one of the best MCU movies, if not the best, because of how organic it felt. The Cap/Widow mechanic felt so natural and the inclusion of Falcon was on-point, the way how the whole plot challenges Cap's morality and cements him as a man who only wished to do the best not because of patriotism, but because he believed it was the right thing, and who refused to fight against his brainwashed best friend because he loved him as a brother.

Blame Coulson.

Weirdly enough I think Cap's later outfits whilst far better, wouldn't have suited the (admittedly cheesy) aesthetic of Phase 1 and the Avengers.

I think the Avengers suit just needed more work on it.

Everyone can at least admit this was his worst suit of out all, right?

Attached: blogs-the-feed-avengers-captain-america.jpg (800x533, 84K)

I'm just trying to think of how you'd fix it without totally tossing the design.

>His character is good
LOL What Character? Even Hemsworth gave the character shit. He has the most simple borring ass character in all of Comicbook movies. There is no depth at all.

>Writting wise, Winter Soldier is no better than a random action movie in the 90s.
which were extremely entertaining in comparison to what we get nowadays

I liked Evans from the get go but he wasn't "muh cap" at first. He doesn't have the proud stoicism that 616 Cap radiates, instead trading it for a more contemplative, softspoken demeaner.

Now, I legit think he's the best character in the MCU with the most consistent writing and growth, and the best films under his belt. At the same time, 616 Cap has taken a hard nosedive.

Absolutely the best modernization of a comic book character.

My go:

>subdue colours only slightly
>Remove neck cloth
>Expose ears
>Chin strap
>Red belt

As someone else said before, leather straps.
Defines his pecs more.
Also, make the helmet not a hood. Just make it a helmet. And give him EARS.

Nah, brown belt to go with the brown strap.

embarassing

Attached: bait cancer.jpg (225x225, 4K)

>the way how the whole plot challenges Cap's morality and cements him as a man who only wished to do the best not because of patriotism, but because he believed it was the right thing

Yeah but most of those elements are too spelled out for you, no nuances, the character literally states his emotions.

To me it just feels like getting a generic action movie with a couple of speeches just to try to add some depth while at the end of the day is just a movie about people punching each other on the face and black and white characters.

Hemsworth has no room to talk, he channels his Thor performance for every non-comedy role he gets.

Adding some "practicality" aesthetic to it would be a start - basically what all the other suits did, have leather straps and belt. Make the silver inlays and star a more matte texture, and have the red and white torso link up with the upper or lower half of the suit in some kind of way. Anything to make it look like he isn't wearing a circus tent around his waist.

>if he's an unironically heroic and good man and not a tortured anti-hero with a dark side, he can't have growth, development or depth

Millenial brainlet

I agree, Thor is kind of a shitty one note character like most of the MCU.

We either get sarcastic quips or ''lolumad now??'' quips instead of proper characterisation.

>has always been right.
No one is always right, dude. Especially not the guy who puts his best friend over the trust of the entire world.

>Yeah but most of those elements are too spelled out for you, no nuances, the character literally states his emotions.
You can't really expect much more from comicbook movies. They're not exactly high cinema.

Not make it so skin tight. Maybe lower the color tone a bit, it looks so out of place when paired with the rest of the cast. Pretty much it looks better after he receives a couple of hits during the Chitauri fight.

>Especially not the guy who puts his best friend over the trust of the entire world.

Yeah dood who needs a fair trial or consideration of circumstance when you can just scapegoat and wrongly punish someone who is as much of a victim as his targets were. The gubment says he's bad, so he is!

>To me it just feels like getting a generic action movie with a couple of speeches just to try to add some depth while at the end of the day is just a movie about people punching each other on the face and black and white characters.

That's a comic-based movie for you. Even "more mature" stuff like Watchmen ended with guys in costumes punching each other.

I'm not saying not to expect much from a comic movie, but let's also not put our standards so high. They're enjoyable, flashy action movies with nice character progression and partner dynamics, I'm not expecting a life-changing lesson in them.

Thor 1 saw the most characterisation he ever gets out of all of the movies, and that's pretty bad considering how piss poor and hamfisted that movie was. Thor 3 basically throws what (admittedly little) character growth Thor had gone through to replace him with an entirely different personality. He really needs to get some consistency else the most his MCU character will be remembered for will be "Having that one movie that Taika Waititi directed".

It accomplishes those things much better than its contemporaries.

You're right in some respects, at the end of the day it's a popcorn action movie. But so is every cape movie, with a few exceptions. TWS just does it better, adds more nuance to its characters, has a more compelling plot and central conflict. The characters are hardly black and white and it's much less paint-by-numbers than the rest.

But at the end of the day, it IS a cape movie. The best fast food burger around is still fast food, but that doesn't invalidate its achievement of being the best in its weight class.

I'd say you're spot on for the most part, but Thor 3 did have some significant growth with Thor and Loki. It's really out of place with the rest of the movie's tone, but it is noteworthy.

In the MCU Universe, Captain America actually has an arc, and has changed over the course of the movies

While everyone else is pretty much the same

The problem is that Thor really needs to be unironically Shakespearian and noble, but modern audiences can't take a character like that seriously or the studio is too hesistant to fully commit. Really he should be quite alien and seperated from 21st century Earth culture and personality, he should be this weird abberation, but it's hard to really pull that off. I mean it's not like movies are incapable of having compelling stoic main characters.

The Ragnarok characterization of Thor is so safe it's unreal, the irony of people saying it was taking him in a bold new direction when really it was just reverting him to the default 21st century charismatic quippy action hero.

Could we maybe list the changes each main Avengers character has gone through since their debut? Even Stark has gone through some serious trauma with his constant anxiety attacks in 3 and his massive guilt complex presented since Age of Ultron.

t. never touched a comic

As much as I love the first outfit and CW, Rescue is my third.

Attached: 7849269594_47f844931a_o.jpg (600x872, 51K)

Nah no way, Tony has had a very blatant and clear arc.

In Iron Man 2 he was telling the government to basically fuck off whilst he had extravagant festivals celebrating himself with strippers parading around. By Civil War he's an anxiety and guilt ridden mess with a wife who he's deeply committed to but barely struggling to keep and prepared to submit himself to direct government control and oversight.

Honestly all Marvel characters I've seen come across better on the big screen. Then again they don't have decades of retcons under their belt.

Star-Lord is the only one that I'm 50/50 on. He's a good character on his own and a good way of adapting the pre-Annihilation cocky space hero Star-Lord, but he really needs to get that development in the movies of becoming a more jaded, dry witted and responsible leader rather than the goofball he currently is. Unfortunately I don't think he'll go that way.

Isn't the comic Cap a fucking Nazi now?

I'm slightly worried the Accords won't get any lip service in Infinity War. Iron Man seemed uninterrupted by them in Homecoming, which was concerning. If they don't mention it, it'll kind of make Cap's rebellion and abandonment of his country seem like either just pure gay lust for Bucky or for nothing at all.

True justice would be if Tony and the other UN Avengers were handicapped during Thanos' invasion and had to wait for government sanction, thus delaying their response and causing much more devastation.

Attached: civilwarmmcucover_huge.jpg (633x537, 98K)

616 Cap has always felt like a mary sue to me, I prefer Evans

He had to kill his own father after learning he was who caused her mother's death, all while dealing with the fact he had had an actual father in Yondu and now an actual family who looks after him. I think that has been some proper development he has gotten during the last movie.

Also, the whole GotG team are a bunch of goofballs. Hard to change when everyone's fooling around like a disfunctional family.

I'm not angry Tony shot Bruce into space. I'm angry that he thought it would work. And then he pretty much seized dictatorial powers.

Yeah, but it's one of those 'the real Tony Stark died in the 90s' things. Nothing in comics matters, the burnout is real.

I always liked Winter Soldier Cap, but goddamn just look at that beard from infinity war.

Attached: 1466474859050.webm (330x306, 394K)

desu I think the Winter Soldier suit would make a good Nomad suit without the helmet.

I guess the fucked up Avengers outfit with the faded star spangled colours and ripped out star are a lot more thematically provocative though.

Stark went from being so egotistic that he was the only one capable of being trusted with the Iron Man tech and refusing to give the US government anything of it, to being so overwhelmed with guilt and deathly afraid of his own actions, mistakes and consequences that he's willing to sign over every decision to someone else. I don't even think he cared who he was giving control over the avengers by civil war, he just didn't want to be held responsible for things such as Ultron, Sokovia, Manhattan or Stark weapons. This even shows in Homecoming, where he already feels so guilty about using Peter against Cap that he tries to constantly protect him by telling him to avoid anything even close to danger.

Stark's character has basically made a complete 180 within seven movies.

Tony has had more of an arc than Steve, but to be fair he's kind of the main character and has had way more screen time

Attached: 300px-JetstormBMfull.jpg (542x275, 112K)

The star coming off is a pretty blatant to represent that he's following nobody anymore. I'm more fond that cap's trust in his country/high authority can be seen with how the red white and blue theme fades into black and grey with ultron -> civil war -> infinity war

>Thor stayed the same
Why are Capfags so delusional?

>he's following nobody anymore

Attached: metal_gear_captain_america_1.jpg (820x1200, 204K)

He looks fucking amazing with the beard, the folded sleeves and the star ripped out.

Attached: Screenshot_20180316_145840.png (1365x565, 531K)

image without the retarded pointer.

Attached: Screenshot_20180316_150002.png (1365x565, 530K)

Cap has the most notable arc. But they pretty much all have nice arcs:

Tony goes from asshole playboy, to asshole playboy hero, to playboy with Victor Frankenstein tendencies and a PTSD after alien invasion.

Thor goes from winy bitch, to pretty cool prick guy, to pretty chill king with a decent hair cut.

This has just suddenly made me notice the sudden move towards more beards in the MCU. Thor was the beardiest he's ever been in Ragnarok, Hulk had unshaven stubble, T'Challa went from close shaven to a neat beard in Black Panther.

Pretty sure Cap has always been like this

Bucky is a terrorist and should be contained until made safe. Which he is anyway, even though Cap wins

You make it sound like Tony hasn't been a consistently good person since he was abducted in Iron Man 1. The worst was when he was written by Whedon

I think everyone agreed that he needed to be made safe, even Bucky thought that. The problem was the UN wanted to put him on trial as if he was the one in control, when in reality he was being mind raped and was basically an empty shell that Hydra used. He was innocent in the respect that it almost literally wasn't him. He didn't deserve prison time or punishment because he was also a victim.

I'm gonna be 100% honest with you guys.

I have never noticed the differences in Cap's uniform in the movies. They keep dedicating scenes to it and I'm just like "Okay. It's blue. There's a star on his chest. He has an A on his head. Cool."

He never said Stark isn't good. He's a good flawed person whose heart is in the right place but his intentions are undermined by his constant mistakes caused by his guilt complex and his self-assigned role to be the world's armor.

When SHIELD locked him up, they were trying to get a psychologist to find out whether or not he was mentally stable enough to go on trial, or if he was even sane for that matter. It didn't end up working out that way, but it wasn't like they were about to pin all the crimes of the Winter Solider on Bucky and give him a trial just for show.

You might have learning difficulties.

How well do the Cap movies do in other countries? I always figured he was a hard sell around the world or do they just go see it if its a marvel movie?

>cap fighting back to back with thor, his helmet's off
OOF that's a good look

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

First Avenger was a hard sell. Winter Soldier was building on the snowballing Marvel brand loyalty with the addition of it making Cap "cool", and everyone was hyped out of their eyeballs for Civil War to the point it might as well have been an Avengers movie.

Man I hate it when backpack straps dig into my armpits. How does he do it?

His armor/clothes are probably layered enough and with comfy enough material that you probably can't really feel it digging in.

1. TFA
2. CW
3. WS
4. AOU
5. IW
6. (Too bad to be ranked)

they tried topless muscle shots in the first phases

beards are the new way to get that female ticket entry

did the police in the apartment fight have orders to kill on sight or detain?

I hope the reference how corny it looks.

My headcanon is that SHIELD only had his original WW2 costume as a reference, so they made him a modern one that resemble it.

Attached: captainamericauso1__oPt.jpg (409x665, 25K)

This is legitimately stupid. Winter Soldier is the best MCU movie.

Literally all he needs to be Big Boss now is an eye-patch

The center red and white part looks like its made of plastic

Turning the cowl into a separate helmet and losing the neck piece would turn it from a 4/10 to a 7/10, easy. There's a reason he quickly loses the helmet in the two biggest action sequences of the movie.

Coulson explicitly helped design it, and is a blatant Cap fanboy. In that respect it makes sense how goofy it looks.

Coulson is not a good fashion designer.

>Nomad
>I wish the "nomad" costume was something different instead of just dirty CW costume
>I fucking love the Nomad costume

First off, I don't think they are going to call him Nomad. They might not call him Cap or Captain America, although personally, I think people (even if they were Team Manlet) should still refer to him as Cap (or Steve), but they aren't going to introduce a new characterization for him just for one film. This isn't like a dragged out Marble event with tons of tie-in issues and late releases of the main series. They only get ONE shot and that's the movie and why would they waste screen time on Nomad, much less the explanation.

As far as the shield goes, supposedly they are proving him with the electronic energy shield and that at some point Manletman will return the shield to Steve, so that Thanos can destroy it.

What folks are calling his 'punished cap' or 'nomad' suit, looks from some of the close ups, like just a version of his last suit that has seen better days and can be replaced for him, and that maybe he has some attachment to, versus getting new tech from T'Challa or some such.

I thought that was a great hybrid, but those pants are awful and I really don't want to dig out the movie to see if they are accurate.

It is too bad Chris Evans is a piece of shit gun grabber

>but they aren't going to introduce a new characterization for him just for one film
>hey only get ONE shot and that's the movie

This is contradictory logic. Also it doesn't take much to have one little dialogue exchange about Cap not following anyone anymore or/and his codename being Nomad. It could literally be one sentence when he meets T'Challa again. I agree they're unlikely to actually call him that, but unofficially we all know this is the MCU Nomad arc.

>As far as the shield goes, supposedly they are proving him with the electronic energy shield and that at some point Manletman will return the shield to Steve, so that Thanos can destroy it.

Did you actually watch either trailer? The Wakandans give him dual weaponized shields on his wrists.

>at folks are calling his 'punished cap' or 'nomad' suit, looks from some of the close ups, like just a version of his last suit that has seen better days

Yes that's the entire point as to why it's the punished cap/nomad suit. It's his Avengers Cap suit with the Avengers emblem torn off and the American star ripped out, whilst it's also battered and dirty from years of living in the shadows and operating in undercover ops. That's pretty thematically blatant.

Why does Sup Forums and Sup Forums have such horrible issues seperating actor and character? Is it autism?