Why did he give Loki the mind stone to use in his staff again?

Why did he give Loki the mind stone to use in his staff again?

Seems kinda dumb

Attached: 43B82F23-53E2-4A22-B5B8-E971169DB5B4.jpg (1080x1350, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cSJRROsxxyM
youtube.com/watch?v=9m3NpkeTOmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was a retcon. I still think it's funny how underlooked the MCU has had it's first comic book tried and trued retcon.

In the context of the original Avengers, the Tesseract was the Cosmic Cube and the staff was just a device derived from the power of the tesseract.

But then again in the context of the original Star Wars, Darth Vader wasn't Luke's father so maybe it doesn't really matter.

So Loki could recruit any helpful entity he came across. How is that dumb?

>mind stone is yellow
>but the staff energy is blue

Apparently it doesn’t work if it’s used on someone with a piece of tin in the way of their heart?

Definitely not worth risking the mind stone on

Retcon pretty much. They obviously had plans for the Infinity Stones but I don't think they had them all mapped out and where they were etc.

Joss Whedon doesn't like to plan things

Did the arc reactor element making Tony immune to Infinity Stones IW spoiler get debunked?

Otherwise, I think “piece of tin” is a bit of an understatement.

It's a retcon but if I had to make a bullshit head canon, I'd say Thanos was willing to gamble the mind stone for the space stone. With the latter, there's nowhere he can't go and nothing out of his reach. One could assume the rest would just fall into place shortly after

he hit tony on the reactor, not the skin, loki didn't know

>Who would win
>A powerful cosmic artefact capable of making anyone obey the user
>A smol tin boi

The element Tony Stark invented in Iron Man 2 to substitute for his arc reactor core is an Infinity Stone

screencap this

If that was true, Shuri should be able to make an even better one, since she’s smarter than him

no it's not a synthesized infinity stone. It was there in the world but Tony didn't know what it was he was fusing together. Just like the Aether was just some red mist shit floating around the realms, the molecules of the soul stone were just waiting to be reconfigured

Loki fucked up. To Thanos, conquering Earth should've been a cakewalk. Mind Stone was just some insurance. "Risking" one gem to get two (or more?). And when Loki failed he orchestrated the Ultron incident, again with the Mind Stone. But I think he wasn't bothered by the failures since ultimately he can retrieve them himself whenever he wants.
Just listen to that tone.
>...Fine.
Like it's a slight annoyance. I kind of get the impression that MCU Thanos is almost a bit...lazy? Relaxed? Like he does not want to do it himself if it can be helped. I don't know.

Attached: ColTWJVWcAIZvca.jpg (1196x1200, 192K)

>a bit lazy
>spent like eight years floating on a chair

Real reason? Retcon like others said.

Easy in universe explanation? Either a) Thanos was confident Loki could win or b) he was going fishing. Finding multiple infinity stones made asgard freak out, led to them giving one to the collector, who then went for more, etc. It wasn't a great plan, but some strategies have you take some early losses to judge your opponents gameplay and resources. Smoke them out sort of thing.

Did they have plans for the stones during phase 1 though? I mean Thanos was after the Cosmic Cube long before the gauntlet and he was originally set to be the villain of Avengers 2.

The Infinity Gauntlet, with all the stones in it, was in Asgard in the Thor movie. Thor Ragnarok retconned it to be a fake, but obviously they weren't planning to use it early on

adding to this, he'd be able to take the mind ston from loki litterally whenever he wanted. The chitauri were loyal to thanos first and foremost, and the stone itself wouldnt be much use against him.

>he orchestrated the Ultron incident
what

>Why did he give Loki the mind stone to use in his staff again?
Actually it is my fanon that Loki himself was under the influence of the Mind Stone. This is just my justification for why Loki acted so much like a generic villain in Avengers 1 when he was nothing like that in Thor.

Attached: bait nyet.jpg (154x225, 8K)

Why do you think he said
At the end of Age of Ultron

You ever heard of the saying "You have to spend money to make money"? Thanos basically applied that:

"Get me the Tesseract, and I will provide you with this staff. That way it will make your job easier."

The fact that Loki somehow managed to fuck that up, still managed to get his hands on the Tesseract by the THIRD THOR MOVIE, and still wasn't squished like a bug by Thanos in this movie yet is the amazing part.

Because it's a badly written movie. How did Thanos get involved in the events of AoU?

That only made the scepter's specific mind control ability fail. We saw that Vision can disable arc reactors with Mind Stone blasts.

I remember making exactly that argument many times for why Loki's staff couldn't be the Mind Stone. Thanos wouldn't be that dumb. Turns out, he was.

Also why did he send the extremely untrustworthy Loki and Ronan to retrieve Infinity Stones instead of just getting them himself?

>Fine, I'll do it myself!

OH SO YOU WERE JUST LAZY?

He thought it would be a cake-walk for Loki and at the end of the day he's old as fuck and isn't really in a rush to collect the stones, so might as well gamble one to be able to get a second.

Well, Loki forgetting the scepter is even weirder, why the fuck would he forget unless someone made him?
youtube.com/watch?v=9m3NpkeTOmk

If the soul stone really is at the centre of the Wakanda vibranium meteorite, then he's just passing the ball to himself.

He'd already have the time, soul, space and mind stones on one location, plus a direct link to reality depending on how aware he is of the Asgardians.

My guess is that having seemingly unconnected people like Loki and Ronan collect Infinity Stones enables him to fly under the radar of the Celestials and other Cosmic/Mystic Big Cocks.

Which would explain why Thanos appears to be in a hurry in Infinity War, grabbing them himself is going to a
lert The Stone Police.

The soul stone is not in Wakanda.

People think that the soul stone is in Wakanda purely because Black people have "soul".

Its weird creepy and bit racist.

Kek.

Eh, it fits with both the heart-shaped herb (although not colour-wise) and it would provide a smaller cop-out for having all the stones gravitate towards earth/humans.

I believe that this Thanos views these games of collecting the Infinity Stones as below him. This means he uses his pawns to go and do his dirty work.

However, when they failed, he sees that his abilities as an Eternal are required though, still viewing the task as being below him, he has the annoyed tone we heard in the after-credits scene in Age of Ultron.

>why isn’t the president on the front lines of combat

Part of leadership is delegation

Sometimes its what's on the inside that counts. It's a retcon.

Well, my thinking was Thanos planted the Ultron AI inside the Mind Stone as some sort of dead man's switch if Loki failed. The sceptre would fall into the hands of humans, who would investigate it and be compelled to eventually unleash the AI in some form. Note: before the Avengers retrieved the sceptre, Strucker was researching the being within the Mind Stone. And Tony immediately wanted to stick it in a robot when he discovered it. Tony barely even started the project before Ultron finished the work for him and put himself inside the Iron Legion. He was basically waiting to come out and wreck havoc.

The mind stone created Wanda that gave Tony the idea to grab it in the first place.

Although even if it fits, I doubt that was intentional as Thanos's master plan from the get-go. Maybe from halfway through AoU development since they admit it halfway through it's an infinity stone.

Also, Thanos does say he'll do it himself, but then goes and grabs a 4-person team, so Whedon had no clue or he'd have phrased it better.

Can I just say how much I hate that Ultron fell into the hands of Joss Whedon
I'm glad Thanos escaped but I always had a huge soft spot for Ultron

I'm pretty sure you can edit a good movie out of AoU with a couple of lines from Robert California/Denny Crane roboticized.

What disappointed me the most was that there was no sea of robots like the poster implied.

Am I crazy for thinking they did a good job with his personality

Attached: I don't have anyone else...png (695x550, 429K)

I think they left it open. I think the sceptor was going to be an item used to control the cube and the completed gauntlet would indeed be in the asgardian vault. Marvel changed their plans. That's been the MCUs success though, not sticking to a plan, but being flexible.

Same. Also a huge Spader fan and it's a goddamn shame he was underutilized like that. Fuck Whedon.

>Denny Crane
Alan Shore. Kirk was Denny Crane.

>That's been the MCUs success though, not sticking to a plan, but being flexible.
>Shills praise even retcons and mistakes
How far gone are these people. I find MCU movies entertaining but they've got tons of shit in them.

Attached: Alan Moore 02.jpg (300x225, 15K)

of course it is. The arc reactor was based on Howard's studies of the tesseract as shown in his notebook. Its a artificial infinity stone and eventually a full one. Tony will probably die because the first one will be destroyed and Thanos needs a replacement. That's what the 2nd near death experience Tony has in Iron Man was foreshadowing

No I liked him too. I think AoU is better than the first all around.

goddamnit, I fucked that up. It's been years.

His personality of being a robot diva that thinks it's a lot smarter than he is (i.e. every Whedon character including Whedon) actually works for him.

His quips don't, and that movie would improve ten-fold if every scene didn't have a goddamn quip.

Hopefully it's explained in the film. As for my own head-canon, he's just trying to research/find the Soul Stone, since the other gems are kinda worthless without it. Once he figures out how to get it, that's when he drops everything to grab 'em immediately, such as smashing Xandar.

But it is. They make a good, solo film first and foremost and add the tie-ins where it fits. Feige admitted as much. It's no coincidence that their worst films, AoU and Thor 2, were full of the stupid tie-ins. Its the same "putting the cart ahead of the horse" that doomed the Amazing Spider-Man Universe, when that film existed to build up the Sinister Six and not for Spider-Man. It made a bad film and the profits sank and the universe died then and there.

>calling something successful and thinking its shit are mutually exclusive
>you can call the movies entertaining and shit
>I can't call them successful (which they blatantly are) without being a shill

You're a fucking assclown.

Chthon has influence over the mind stone somehow. He influenced The Other, Thanos, and Loki to get it back to Earth. He will end up getting a greater degree of freedom as a result of this after Avengers 4.