Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: harnold.png (632x480, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/The_Patakis
youtube.com/watch?v=cW3TwjankcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

arnold, because its a busy city corner, you should be more careful

Attached: All grown up - Imgur.jpg (680x1169, 167K)

High velocity sexual impact in

Skateboarding on the sidewalk is usually against the law.

>move it, football head

Attached: buzz.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

pedestrians have the right of way.

who was in the wrong here?

Attached: Curly_snaps.jpg (1276x690, 65K)

Well by all technical accounts Mr Simmons mad the initial error, however Curly has escalated the situation far beyond what can be considered a reasonable amount.

the lazy cops staying in the parking lot while this was going on

>episodes you couldn't make today

Attached: french_helga.png (632x480, 469K)

Pedestrians have the right of way by virtue of being slower and less protected.
Arnold was going too quickly on an areay first intended to be used by pedestrians, knew a sharp corner with no visibility would be a hazard yet he did not even slow down.
Helga is probably trying to find every possible excuse to not go back to her alcoholic mother and overdemanding father who forgets her name half of the time, so her mind might be somewhat busy.
Arnold is 100% in the wrong, no question about it.

Different strokes for different folks, but Helga looks damn hot in the black dress. It's not like she's not a bossy tomboy once the dress goes on. Gat damn.

>its a Holocaust metaphor episode

Attached: TrashCanDay.jpg (640x480, 35K)

>it's a Vietnam episode
>there is no metaphor
>It Ain't Me never starts playing
If Mr. Hwyn was only n town to find his daughter though, why did he stay after that?

>[bamboos internally]

Attached: mr_hyunh.png (632x480, 457K)

I think you're missing the point of Helga's character.

Was this a school shooting episode?

Attached: }.png (632x480, 504K)

yes, its a metaphor

>its an Arnold tries to bang his teacher episode

Attached: teacher1.jpg (839x631, 100K)

To be fair she was hot and her name was fucking Felter. They knew what they were doing.

theres actually a deleted plotline where an older women in the boarding house makes advnaces towards Arnold

Attached: lana.jpg (1130x1378, 834K)

I'm sure 9 year old helga would never wear a pretty dress (unless you count the coaches' weddings and more) but an adult knows times to look a bit classier. Hell put her in a pantsuit I don't care. Besides, I don't know of any grown women that put their hair in pigtails like that unless they're dressing up for their "daddy."

Wasnt this a vietnam episode

ehh that's seems as credible as "my uncle works at nintendo."

Attached: lilaolga1.jpg (600x436, 207K)

who is that on the left with the prominent titties?

Helga went all out quite often, it was just never defining as a character trait. She only gave a shit when Arnold was involved and even then it was just for the purposes of disguising herself.

Attached: w.png (634x480, 311K)

ruth. also one of the few characters with blue eyes

Attached: lahNzYdy_400x400.jpg (180x180, 7K)

>ruth. also one of the few characters with blue eyes

That was always pretty weird. Arnold is explicitly described as having green eyes, Helga is stated to have blue eyes, but only Ruth is depicted a few times with anything other than black generic cartoon eyes.

Attached: movies.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

Attached: olgadance3.gif (500x319, 623K)

Dem boots

>sidemouth

You're thinking of the Christmas episode.

Arnold for skateboarding on the sidewalk while there was a blind corner. Also, where does he get helmets for his football head, and is this our biweekly/monthly HA thraed?

Attached: 1519786440291.png (449x450, 356K)

I don't remember Helga really having a figure. Arnold is going to luck out,

I could see them trying this shit desu.

Source?

>is this our biweekly/monthly HA thraed?

Hopefully.

Attached: --.png (634x480, 478K)

Some other user in another thread made it. The user in that other thread that was telling me of some good emo bands to check out.

the thing is the show pretty clearly establishes that the majority of Helga's tomboy act is just that, an act that she puts on to make herself seem tougher than she actually is cause she has deep seated trauma surrounding letting herself be vulnerable and being honest with her feelings(especially those involving Arnold)

not to say it's a complete fabrication of course, but personally I figure now that she and Arnold are together, once she gets used to that being a thing she'll be more open about her femininity in both personality and appearance

Attached: helga_2_0_by_angelus19-d8cg771.jpg (900x888, 161K)

She eats a lot, watches Wrestlemania, collects trading cards, and reads comics, all in her own time and off the clock Arnold-wise. That's part of her real personality.

On the other hand she writes love poetry, is good enough at sewing to make and tailor a dress in one night and enjoys a bunch of other feminine stuff that she doesn't reveal to others.

Her tomboyishness/feminine dichotomy is strange.

Attached: sewing.png (632x480, 396K)

What color panties was she wearing?

Good cockstomping boots.

it was a different time

It's Nickelodeon in the 90s, the math definitely checks out.

>She eats a lot, watches Wrestlemania, collects trading cards, and reads comics, all in her own time and off the clock Arnold-wise. That's part of her real personality.
>On the other hand she writes love poetry, is good enough at sewing to make and tailor a dress in one night and enjoys a bunch of other feminine stuff that she doesn't reveal to others.
>Her tomboyishness/feminine dichotomy is strange.
exactly, as I said while most of her Tomboy persona is staged, some of it is real, it's mostly the stuff relating to her actual personality that's faked(or at least heavily exaggerated), the interests she has that would be considered being a Tomboy are real for example, but the aspects of her personality relating to her disdaining feminine or emotional interests, those are mostly(but not completely) faked, either as a way to disguise her liking of Arnold, or to make herself stand out as not being Olga 2.0 like her parents would prefer her to be

Attached: pol.png (632x480, 484K)

Goodbye Autumn, It's been a blast
Too bad your evil plan fell flat on it's face.

That was originally supposed to rhyme I'm pretty sure.

>be me
>loser and creep
>don't know how to talk to girls
>just watch cartoons
>see shit like Helga
>have fantasies about some girl in my school obsessing over me like Helga did
>it never happens
I have a good life now and a great girlfriend but this shit dominated my preteen and even my teen years
society would be great for retards like me if the world was mostly women

Attached: helgazon.jpg (795x1005, 111K)

That image is disgusting and you should feel bad.

>have fantasies about some girl in my school obsessing over me like Helga did

You'd have been the Brainy in this situation if you'd actually found someone. Helga liked Arnold because he was the definition of Chad in-universe.

Attached: confused].png (632x480, 450K)

>Who was in the wrong here?
How to instantly ruin a thread in six words.

Another thing that wouldn't air.

>Muh cultural missappropriation

Arnold. If youre skating or rollerblading or biking or whatever down a sidewalk, its your responsibility to make sure you dont hit pedestrians.

>it's a cultural appropriation episode

I'm pretty sure Gerald only having white friends would be problematic too.

they decided not to because they knew Sup Forums would never shut the fuck up about it in a hundred years if they did

still mad, fuck daria
heyarnold.wikia.com/wiki/The_Patakis

Attached: patakis5.jpg (1124x900, 371K)

Helga for existing, being female and not sucking my dick right now. I hate females, all of them should be sucking my dick.

>too similar another show called Daria

What the fuck

Attached: ,.png (729x582, 344K)

Probably pink.
Here's "LP2". You better have checked those out, too.

Attached: american football head 2.png (900x900, 1.8M)

>no fanart with these two together as friends

Fuck's sake.

Attached: helga_and_lila.png (634x480, 507K)

A shame, they don't need to be enemies. However, Helga's Cheese Festival does have Lila helping Helga out.

Keep in mind, MTV wasn't really best known for hosting TV series at the time, so having competing shows with roughtly similar themes and settings would not have been the best idea.
plus arround 2000 was when we started to get into the Tom show (starring Daria too) which is precisely where people started to like it less, and why it ultimately had to end

I liked Helga's Cheese Festival, actually.

Speaking of, I thought this was cute.

youtube.com/watch?v=cW3TwjankcE

Attached: helgapatak.png (640x480, 369K)

Wasn't Lila the first person Helga admitted her crush on Arnold to?

>Wasn't Lila the first person Helga admitted her crush on Arnold to?

Only because she was forced to.

Attached: happy_now.png (634x480, 489K)

By name, yes, but Phoebe connected the dots first (ice cream) and had to bail out Helga on numerous occasions.

Honestly, I'm sure a lot of her classmates have their suspicions but play along because they don't want any grief from Helga.

Any other stories I should look for. I want to read something that's got a similar feel to the series but doesn't lay the mushy on stuff too thick. A lot of these stories with Helga and Arnold are either too fucking mushy or are so OOC that it gets cringy. As much as I told myself I would never write fan fiction, I've been wanting to write one lately, just to see if I could so better or if I'm being too hard on these people. I'm not a writer at all, my creative outlet is more on the musical side of things.

>As much as I told myself I would never write fan fiction, I've been wanting to write one lately, just to see if I could so better or if I'm being too hard on these people.

Fuck. Are you me?

Attached: movie.webm (320x240, 1.97M)

While there I give a bit of character leniency (mostly because I find it difficult to find what is OOC or not), and some mercy in terms of quality, you have to be the change you want to see. I’m currently writing my own original story, as original a Deus Ex-MechWarrior ripoff YA war drama can be.

It’s not that difficult once you get started, but getting started after taking a break and applying neat ideas that you have come up with is the hardest part. The best advice I can give is to force yourself to write something every day. Even if it’s not related to any current project, small vignettes can help you develop single ideas. Admittedly, I came up with this right now, and doing it would make you a more productive person than myself. It just takes time and dedication, like constructing a building. You have to lay foundation and scaffolding to build off of.

Apparently her looks in the episode "Married" are canon according to the creator. She will grow up to have a banging body.

Attached: vlcsnap-2015-09-02-03h11m00s116.png (720x480, 325K)

>no woman will ever gaze at you with this amount of unconditional love

Why even live?

Attached: adults.png (636x480, 293K)

Because he's a poorfag who lives in a boarding house and works as a fast food cook.

She took up sewing out of guilt for blacklisting a perfect nanny until she couldn't work in the USA.

I will point out that MTV handled pretty much everything poorly since Daria. Their next immediate shows wouldn't come close to Daria's fame though some would still be good for their own merits like Downtown. They would mishandle everything after Daria and eventually cancel their animation department.

I do wish they'd made the Pataki's, because it might have saved them. But it's hard to know. Their entire network was slowly shifting in a big direction. Nowadays MTV is awful on many levels and I wouldn't want any animation to be within 100 feet of their studios.

Attached: return anger here.jpg (500x375, 49K)

>there is a timeline where MTV made The Patakis, it became a huge hit and it kept them on track
>Craig Bartlett got an Oscar for best animated picture with the movie that ended the series in c.2005
>we don't live in that timeline

Attached: lacrimosa.jpg (540x325, 54K)

well the one we see at the very end of the episode is canon as Craig confirmed it to be a flash forward and not just another dream, so yup

is kinda funny that even in Arnold's dream where Helga is generally portrayed negatively she still has a pretty big pair of boobs, like Arnold's subconscious managed to connect the dots between Miriam and Olga being stacked and the likelihood of that being the case for Helga as she gets older too

also now that they're together it's going to be fun seeing the dynamic of a couple where the girl is very clearly already going through puberty both physically and mentally("girlhoods trembling" and whatnot), while the boy has probably only just started it

there's probably a good semi-lewd fanfic or comic idea in that actually, Arnold reaching the point in puberty where he's noticing boobs, and realizes that his girlfriend has a pretty big pair for her age and he doesn't know how to process that, which Helga finds both hilarious and kinda hot...

Attached: poor_sweet_boi_by_kerenitychan-dbyfz1s.png (2022x1779, 1.63M)

>implying President Helga G Trumptaki isn't canon

Attached: adult_helga.png (636x480, 318K)

>don't pay any attention when walking
>still 0% fault
Uh huh

I did. Thanks for the recommendations user.

I liked Foxing's The Albatross and Mineral's albums. I was also browsing around and discovered The Gloria Record which was pretty great too. I also started to listen to Texas is the Reason and Sunny Day Real Estate again. Thanks for getting me back on my emo music kick.

Maybe, if you're a 29 year-old underachieving, lazy and depressed alcoholic with social anxiety.

Hey i'm a 25 year old overachieving careerist city-slicking richfag, yet I get more pleasure from this shit than anything else. I'm also lazy, a depressed alcoholic with social anxiety, but I was just presumably born into better surroundings. In the end none of it matters since we'll all be rotting in the ground in a few decades or so.

Hey Arnold fanfiction sounds surprisingly tempting.

Attached: rlymakesyouthink.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

True. I actually want to get into writing fan fiction as a way to ease into writing my own stories later on. I really don't know much about the technical aspects of writing, how to develop characters or how to progress stories in an organic and somewhat believable way. I'm not much or a reader myself, and when I do read, I mainly read non-fictional stuff, but I've lately been interested in developing myself more and I figured learning to write is a great way to do that.

The reason I want to start with fan fiction is because it seems like an easier way to get into writing. I mean there's a set cannon and characterizations, so I can just focus on the plot, story structure, grammar, and the more mechanical aspects to writing.

I wasn't really born into that shitty circumstances. My mom is crazy and emotionally abusive at times, and my parents tended to overprotect me and told me how great I was and the potential that I had, and I still believe that, but I grew up a useless person who rested on their laurels and as a consequence I never developed myself as a person. Despite that, I'd say my upbringing wasn't so bad. I was just too coddled and overtly sensitive growing up. I used drugs and alcohol to numb the pain of being a loner which didn't help.

I am going back to school though and I'm salvaging what I can from my life, I'm hoping to become a therapist. I still think I can still achieve a lot in my life, I just need to continue working through my demons, and developing myself as a person through enriching hobbies. But writing, even if it's fan fiction can be a good outlet for me, and can hopefully lead to me being able to write more original stories. I've never tried writing before, but I'd like to take this challenge and see if I can become published in something other than academia.

I'd say go for it, start writing. I think I'm going to jot down some ideas and build a basic outline for a HA story and then just go from there. Maybe after I have a few stories under my belt, I can move on to more original content. Good luck user.

Just remember all the things you could do if you pulled your finger out. What you can offer to the world.

I might do an epic poetry Hey Arnold fic, just for kicks. I'm a big Homer fan.

Attached: bliss.png (636x480, 452K)

>Trumptaki

I feel a political career could be pretty alluded by her name alone. Her name just oozes NY politician. George Pataki was a former NY governor, and Geraldine Ferraro was a successful DA in Queens, later became a representative of NY's 9th district and was the first female on a major party's ticket, although she was a part of Walter Mondale's campaign that got steamrolled by Ronnie and George H.W.

if I recall properly Craig has confirmed that Helga's middle and last names are indeed intentional references to those two people

>Inflation skyrockets, unemployment soars, baby born with winning lottery ticket? THAT'S IT! I've decided I'm running for President

Attached: femtrump.png (636x480, 375K)

I wonder if she'll be writing romance novels while she's in office, like Saddam.

Attached: saddam-one-of-saddam-husseins-steamy-novels.-pintrest[1].jpg (733x535, 52K)

I'd completely forgotten about that. Thanks user.

Attached: caught.png (642x480, 506K)

Rolling

Attached: 1514464080637.png (800x2543, 1.07M)

Rolling for emo.

I find it much worse that she never even showed up afterwards. There was that one episode late in the series where Mr. Hyunh is working for a promotion under a new boss who prefers family-men but his daughter still doesn't show up despite being explicitly mentioned.

Attached: ha16.jpg (762x582, 58K)

rolling for the 11-15

honestly the Olga style actually looks really good on Helga, which reminds me of a fanfic idea I had recently that I think could be pretty good in the hands of the right author, an AU where due to various divergences* Olga and Helga basically end up with the opposite personalities to their canon versions^, so Helga is the bright sunny optimist wunderkind who is the darling of Bob & Miriam, while Olga is the sarcastic low effort cynic often ignored by the rest of her family, not everything changes mind you, for example Helga is still in love with Arnold(although I'm thinking unlike in canon she doesn't really hide it)

this would be reflected in Helga and Olga's appearances as well as personalities, Olga I'm picturing basically dressing similarly to how most fanart for The Patakis pitch depict Helga(except swapping the pink for green), and Helga basically wearing Olga's main canon outfit(but swapping the green for pink)

*exactly what those divergences are is the biggest obstacle I'm facing in this idea, although I'm thinking Miriam's alcoholism is going to be essential to this, albeit in a manner I'm still hashing out

^this wouldn't be a 100% swap though

Why even swap them around if they have the same personalities?

Attached: tudor_helga.png (636x480, 502K)

well it wouldn't be a 100% swap(although what differences there would be is definitely still up in the air), just noting that their roles in the family are swapped around

Would the focus of this story be more on Olga? So would Helga basically be like Hilda? I'd like to see her keep some of her characteristics like her sarcastic wit, but maybe tone the nastiness down or something. I'd hope she'd keep some of her tomboyish nature too, and not turn completely into a girly girl.

Was there a 12 Angry Men jury episode at some point or am I just imagining that?

>Would the focus of this story be more on Olga?
I'm basically thinking it'd be 50/50 between her and Helga(or maybe 60/40)

>So would Helga basically be like Hilda?
not too far off the mark

>I'd like to see her keep some of her characteristics like her sarcastic wit, but maybe tone the nastiness down or something.
yeah that is a good idea to keep(cause while she is nicer than canon Helga, she still probably gets bugged by a lot of the same things), I'm also thinking there'd be some fun in her being just as much of a romantic as canon Helga, but being completely open about it(with that being exactly as awkward for everyone else as you'd imagine it'd be)

>I'd hope she'd keep some of her tomboyish nature too, and not turn completely into a girly girl.
it'd be there for sure, I'm thinking for example that where canon Olga's achievements were primarily in academic matters, Helga's have been more leaning towards athletic achievements, also she'd definitely still have most of the more boyish interests she has in canon, she's just also more willing to doll up and isn't buried under all the insecurities she has in canon

Nah, it was Waco.