TMNT

Which one, Sup Forums?
Do you think the new series will measure up?

Attached: tmnt2k32k12.png (890x390, 460K)

>Which one, Sup Forums?

Left overall. Right has some great episodes (Usagi) but is woefully inconsistent.

>Do you think the new series will measure up?

God no.

2012 sucked.

2003 was good but I enjoyed 2012 more, at least for the first one or two seasons. It went downhill much faster than 2003 which is a shame.
2012 Stuff in particular I liked:
>Rats don't learn karate, Splinter should start as a human
>Lair looked more modest and like a sewer
>Don's inventions looked more homemade
>Differentiated body designs
>Rob Paulsen

2003 it’s not CGI garbage.

Which one has the best toys?

>not submitting the all-around best distillation of TMNT

Attached: IDWTMNT.jpg (1151x735, 202K)

>choosing IDW over Mirage

Attached: Oroku Keki.gif (500x375, 142K)

I really wish 2012 Ninja Turtles gave Mickey a focus besides nicknames and ice cream kitty.

In the 03 series, he had great potential but was lazy. Him winning the Battle Nexus Tournament was great and him being Turtle Titan showed what he was capable of.

The 2012 series had Mikey being a joke and monster bait the entire time. I get it, he's the party dude, but he is still an equal to his brothers, not the runt.

>complete 2k3 dvd boxset never
it was an absolute fucking nightmare to track down the entire series on dvd.

2012 series had way too many problems to be considered "good."
Was the 1st season a decent surprise? well yes.
But later down the road the writers got lazy.
Leo got the most character development, but he was still really annoying and egotistic. What's even worse is that all the turtles had to be torn down or he'll be over-shadowed as usual.
Raphael character was useless and only revolved around making mistakes. He served no purpose.
Donnie's character was all about April. Which is sad, this interpretation had TONS of potential but wasted it on a stupid crush. Oh yeah and he was a huge jerk.
And poor Mikey fans, the writers have no idea what to do with him. He was borderline retarded in this series. With the most inconsistent character development I've ever seen in a ninja turtle show. He's worst than 2k3 Mikey.

The lovelines were awful and promoted bestiality

Could not get into the one on the left.

Reeked too much of 4kids.

>it was an absolute fucking nightmare to track down the entire series on dvd.

I bought that season 2, part 2 DVD off the shelf at Best Buy on a whim. Had no idea the thing is ultra fucking rare.

2012 doesn't stand a chance.

>Do you think the new series will measure up?
It's going to be 10 minutes long. Nothing good would come out of it.

Don't forget about Casey, Bishop and Hun. Those character were fucked up the most.

I have those weird sets of DVD. They are not the original ones and the first box starts with the third season.

Attached: aR2XwnzA78Q.jpg (1238x1046, 361K)

The worst to find was Back to the Sewer, it was only released on dvd in Australia.

It took 2003 longer till it turned shitty.

What was the offensive thing?

They both have major flaws, but I'd say left over right. The left introduced some great elements like Hun and Bishop. While the right did a great job in the first two seasons of defining each turtle, they fumbled almost everything else season 3 on.

The new show is going to be awful.

At least it got a DVD release somewhere, completing the show. Many cartoons have barely anything out on DVD (or even digital).

I liked them both. 03 and the first movie were my introduction to the franchise. Never care to watch the 87 series. I like Bebop and Rocksteady though.

I didn't mind Bishop too much, because the idea that his image molded the human Kraang looks was neat. Hun was not-Hun, and Casey was fucking horrific.

Shredder was a weird case where they tried so hard to make him scary, but he just came off as an autistic manchild who fucks up everything. He was pretty good at first when he whooped the Turtles, then all of their plans were about figuring out how to kill him, but that only goes for so long before he looks like a guy who can't do anything right. Also, Kevin Michael Richardson's generic deep voice sucked.
2003 Shredder was good until the Utrom reveal. I also was never big on Saki being a Lex Luthor type, but it was done well.

Best Shredder is the first live action Shredder. Perfect voice, perfect visual, perfect theme, perfect combination of cartoon and Mirage Shredder.
>Ah, the rat! So it has a name. It HAD a name.

>2003 Shredder was good until the Utrom reveal.
You made some pretty good points, but I have trouble taking anyone with this all-too-common opinion seriously.

2003 and it's not even close.

2012 had its moments, and honestly if it hadn't changed writers from season 1 to 2 I think just judging by the first season it might've been able to match or topple 2003 given time.

>Which one

is that a joke? obviously left.

I'd fuck the right

Which one, Sup Forums?
Do you think the new series will measure up?
I'll give it a go, but I don't have much hope
Good taste

2012 had quite possibly the worst rendition of Donatello

I wouldn't say either was really better than the other, since both end up falling apart by the end. 12 has the best splinter, turtles, Bebop and Rocksteady, and Shredder. But it also has the worst April and Casey by a mile. 03 has a better human cast and a more threatening Shredder.

12 Mikey's main thing was that he was the Heart. He had an uncanny ability to befriend almost anyone, which gave the team a ton of allies to fall back on.

03 Had my personal favorite April and Casey. I remember as a kid I always hated how Casey barely appeared in the original cartoon. He had a cool looking toy, he was badass in the first movie, and then they dropped the ball and only put him in a handful of episodes.