Clinton won popular vote nationwide by about 1,400,000 votes

>Clinton won popular vote nationwide by about 1,400,000 votes
>Most of Clinton's surplus votes were in the rock-solid blue state of California, where Clinton won by over 3,000,000 votes
>Meanwhile, Trump won Texas by less than 820,000 votes

What if a million Californians moved to Texas?

They already have.

>What if a million Californians moved to Texas?
>What if a bunch of mexicans started to move to texas

Already happening lad

They'd just be deported from Texas.

>what if a milion of illegal moved to Texas?

californians are like a disease. they spread to every state and inject their faggotry.

Fortunately this is why Trump is setting up internment camps.

Now I'm starting to wonder what the theoretical max-Californian-colonisation effect could be on the Electoral College.

So, let's say there's 3,000,000 surplus Californians to seed.

Trump won Michigan by about 12,000 votes, and Wisconsin by about 30,000. Pennsylvania was lost to Clinton by about 65,000. Montana, 100,000 votes. Idaho, 218,000, Wyoming, 119,000, Utah, 273,000, Arizona, 95,000. Georgia, 211,000, Florida, 115,000. And Texas needs 820,000.

That gives Clinton an electoral lead bigger than either of Obama's victories (388 to 150) and still leaves nearly a million surplus Democratic voters in California. Enough to flip both Florida and Ohio while still having some to spare. That's kind of terrifying.

By the same token, if one were to reappropriate republican surplus voters, you could do some similar stunts.

It's likely that voter disenfranchisement in states like CA and NY is largely to blame for the big split- those states are such hopelessly lost causes for Republicans that they probably don't vote. There's no way to scientifically prove that reliably, but we do know that voters are less likely to vote when an outcome seems assured one way or the other, and despite the upset on election night, EVERYBODY knew that NY and CA would stay blue.

I'd be interested in knowing how many fraudulent votes were cast by illegals too. I doubt very much that it's over a million, but it sure would be interesting to know.

Easier question/puzzle: what's the minimum number of popular votes that wins a candidate enough electoral votes to win the election?
Hint: in winner-takes-all, if only 1 person in a state votes, all the state's electoral votes go to the candidate they chose.

>What if a million Californians moved to Texas?
>What if a bunch of Texans moved to California?

The margin in Texas was 820,000 votes. The margin in California was 3,000,000.

If a million voting-age Republican Texans move to California, California becomes slightly less solidly blue (but still pretty solidly blue), while Texas turns into a light-blue swing state.

If a million voting-age Democratic Californians move to Texas, California becomes slightly less solidly blue (but still pretty solidly blue), while Texas turns into a light-blue swing state.

Well, one would assume you'd do that by racking up wins in all the least-populous states, since the lower the population, the higher the electoral-vote-to-citizen-vote ratio in a given state.

So the winning formula would be something like pic related. Minimum actual number of votes required is dependent on turnout for each major party candidate.

what if
the sky fell down
time stopped
Earth stopped spinning
the sun imploded
anything

avg. IQ of Texas
>100

avg. IQ of California
>95

really makes ya think...

Califags are even moving to Georgia.

I fucking hate them.

haha drumpfkins btfo

drumpfkins on suicide watch

how will drumpf ever recover

i hurt myself today

all i can see

Remember, kids, sagacious wisdom comes first

>popular vote
you mean the illegal vote

As a Texan I think that those numbers are a bit skewed as a lot of Texans were butthurt about Ted Cruz not getting the nomination. Some (like my dad) refused to vote for Trump and just voted in down ballot elections.

But it is true that more and more Californians move here every day and fuck shit up, as is evidenced by the Austin City Council.

doompaul.jpg

Shit, meant to reply to this.

Nope: I won't spoil it for you right away, but it's a precise number, and it's easy to determine.
This election cycle, what was the minimum number of states with the majority of electoral college votes?
What if in each of those states, only 1 person voted, and they all voted for the same candidate?

Now consider that the small number you've arrived at would still determine the election even if all eligible voters in the others states (hundreds of millions) voted for the other candidate.

when voter ID laws get passed and sanctuary cities purged, this won't be an issue.

and if they try and spread the cancer it will happen that much faster.

Well, considering Trump is going to deport all the illegals, how can they "move" to Texas?

Well, if that's how you're going to frame it, the question's stupidly easy. 11.

If voter turnout is virtually 0% in California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey, only one person votes in each of those states, and they all vote for the same candidate, they would gain 270 electoral votes.

An interesting point I would like to make is this
A person moves from A to B
What are the odds of him/ her changing party affiliation?
If it was instant, i.e. bussed there, then I would expect no change whatsoever
But over 10 years...
Is a California born 10 year Texan different from if the same person stayed in California?

Why don't they want to stay in their own state? Cost of living way too high or what?

From what I've heard, Californian cost of living and housing prices are through the roof. It's an extremely densely populated state, especially on the coast, and because of Silicon Valley, there's demand for housing to accommodate all the techno geeks who want to work there.

This means that Californians can easily sell off their houses for big bucks, then fuck off to cheaper-to-live states like Texas, Arizona and such. The money they get from selling their tiny-ass city-house in San Francisco is sometimes enough to buy a McMansion in the Austin suburbs.

Exactly: same as the minimum number of states with the majority of electoral college votes.

All the other eligible voters could have voted for the other candidate and lost by voting from the loser states.
This should help answer your question about moving voters to different states.