Has there been any major comic or cartoon that primarily focused on a single character...

Has there been any major comic or cartoon that primarily focused on a single character. Like almost no side characters other than special occasions.
If not, what would it take to make a character strong enough to be engaging despite primarily interacting with the world rather than other characters

Attached: 64F925E4-E46B-4492-B576-11E7AB0351AE.jpg (1000x973, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbrwRcwtO_k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd say you need a very strong world to pull it.
The first part of WALL-E is pretty much him showing us his world. The cockroach is a non-character and Eve was mostly just a pretty brick. And that was the best part of the movie.

I didn’t even think of Wall E, but that would probably be the closest.

It means the comic isn't based on dialogue. And it means the kind of conflict is man vs environment.

In the bronze age, tarzan books that don't have jane where he goes out and does jungle shit.

But could that work in today’s world?

I'm working on something like that inspired by clones/ricklantis idea.

We'll see how it goes I guess.

But wouldn’t clones interacting with each other basically defeat the idea of it being a primarily one man show? Even if they’re carbon copies. It’s still someone to talk to.

Gravity with sandra Bullock is probably the closest to a feature length one person film, and it definitely does not suit itself well to more than one sitting

Oh I see what you mean, a character that's truly alone. Yea that's something else from what I'm doing (outside of a joke skit where the character in my thing is talking to her clone, when the camera shifts from the other clones perspective it's just a stuffed plushie, and every other "clone" is some tool or other item and not actually there).

>It means the comic isn't based on dialogue.
how about internal monologue?

So kinda like Calvin and Hobbes if Hobbes was a clone, or like Golem?

The clone setup is just more as a setup for the scenarios, with the format being pop team epic/asdfmovie style shorts (rapid fire one after another without any lasting continuity).

I'm not sure how entertaining it will be if its one voice talking to itself with different clothing after a few skits (i do have some funny ideas in my head but once they are animated it might be not as funny).

Attached: bun.png (1980x798, 321K)

That may work if the clones collide because of the flaws in the character’s personality. A good example is the Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventure manga. All the Links have troubles because they’re all the same hot head who wants to do everything himself, but none are able to do it without the others. They’re all the same character, but that character is so difficult to work with that even they can’t do it.
Frankenhole did a similar thing when Victor wants to see himself sober makes the clone of his brain and the brain hates how annoying he is, but when they clone his wife to prove how difficult the situation is, the wife and her clone get along well

Yeah all clones being literal 1:1 wouldn't work, they need to have contrasting personalities or parts of said personality exaggerated to provide conflict/contrast between each other (or at least key clones).

House of Cosbys did that and it's something i've been pondering too:
youtube.com/watch?v=BbrwRcwtO_k

No, it can work. Look at Gravity Falls, all of the Dippers except the crinkled one we’re the exact same character, and they managed to be interesting

>Gravity with sandra Bullock is probably the closest to a feature length one person film
All is Lost, starring Robert Redford, is the perfect example of >It means the comic isn't based on dialogue. And it means the kind of conflict is man vs environment.

It's funny for a scene, but as a continuous series i have doubts if it would work. For example in TLH episode with the bunny sisters they ended up acting as one bunny sister unit less so as individuals, so the whole show becomes just one ball of a character.

>It's such a beautiful day

Attached: It's kind of a really nice day, he decides to take a walk around the block.jpg (1024x778, 75K)

Well the bunny sisters were single personality characters rather than clones, and they didn’t even use all 25, rather they took a few that aren’t like the normal sisters and used them. Which is why it worked for a single episode

A fantastic film, but Bill isn’t the only character.

If you met your own clone, and they had a 1:1 copy of your personality, would you hate them?

Would you fuck them?

Would you hate-fuck them?

Your call on if they're gender-bent.

I know for a fact I wouldn’t get along with myself. I’m too difficult of a person as it is, and I would know when I was lying or pretending to not be annoyed. It would be a true instance of pure transparency.

I don’t know if I would fuck myself as it would just be gay sex. If I was gender bent, I may, but only if she was attractive. I’m like a 7/10 at best, so I think I’d be a decent girl, but really I would want to do it if I shared feelings with the clone because i would be dying to know what sex felt like as a girl

But that's two characters.

Pic related. It's one insane man talking to himself while fighting a giant flying alien centipede for five issues.

Attached: TNCentipede001CovAFrancavilla.jpg (300x450, 295K)

Does viewing holograms of people speaking, doing things not count in the OP?

Reminds me of the last man of earth. Except it stopped being the last man on earth in the first episode, what a fucking let down.

I think it does if the main character isn’t interacting with them. It’d be like Will Smith in I Am Legend watching old news reports