Who was in the wrong?

who was in the wrong?

Attached: Moses_Ramses_FaceOff.jpg (1278x720, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/jmArk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

((Freeing the Jewish People))

Yes Goyim a Burning Bush told you that Ramses was in the wrong. Rome should have thoroughly conquered Egypt and taken all their gold

LET THEM GO!
WILL NOT LET THEM GO!
MAMA MIA LET THEM GO!

Muh people tho

Couldn't God have just used his powers to free all of the Jews instantly, like just teleport them out of Egypt or something? Why did he feel the need to kill half the population in process? This movie makes no sense.

Does the whole 'heart hardening' imply God is literally pulling the strings? Or did Ramses harden his own heart?

One makes logical sense as it's incumbent on people to act morally, one makes no damn sense because it destroys the concept of free will.

well seeing as this is old testament i'd go with string pulling as god was a dick.

I always thought God have power over everything on Earth EXCEPT humans. Isn't that why he needs to infect the cattle, food, or air with disease in order to get humans sick rather than just getting them sick directly with his powers? Or why he needs to deplete their food source in order to make them starve instead of just snapping his fingers and their stomachs empty, causing starvation pains?

To make a point.
We already discussed this last thread.

God is insecure. Like really really insecure. That's why going to church is mostly about sings songs about how awesome God is.

Yeah, God could have teleported everything, but he wanted everyone to see just how freaking powerful he was. Because he's an insecure baby.

Attached: spock_star_trek_if_this_is_your_god_hes_not_very_impressive__2013-06-18.jpg (618x486, 109K)

the ungrateful, genocidal jew

link to thread?

So why not just use your god powers, pick up a big rock, and drop it on Rameses?

No, the Final plague is God literally going to Egypt and killing every firstborn. He has the power to affect humans directly, he just prefers being a dick.

Attached: Superman is a dick.jpg (1313x1831, 2.22M)

Reminds me of how Joshua in Supernatural Season 5 told Castiel, Dean and Sam to fuck off about this whole stopping Lucifer thing

God didn't tell Zackeriah to start the apocalypse. Michael did. God didn't tell Michael to find a better usage of his time instead of fucking with the human race for 13 SEASONS!

>Michael: I'm a dick
>Zackeriah: He's a dick
>The Wincester Brothers: You're both dicks pls stop
>God: I am the biggest dick fuck you and your human problems

>no fun allowed.png

I kinda always thought he enjoyed fucking with everyone in the old testament to be amused like a player playing with cheats in the Sims. We all remember Abraham and Isaac, then there's giving some of his peeps superpowers like Samson, then there's the super spy story from the book of Judith.

Woah there, Killer Croc. God needs more flashy ways.

Attached: Almost_Got_Im_Croc.jpg (763x583, 51K)

But they have the ability to prevent it, which kind of limits your god-like powers. It'd be like if I was unable to squash an ant if it drew a circle around itself, but he couldn't stop me from pouring a glass of water on him.

God quite literally is immune to being a dick because he has finale say on what is dickish.

Didn't he send an angel of death?

Maybe the angel had it's own thoughts and intentions.

So Ramses wanted a meat lovers. What was Moses's deal?

The lamb's blood didn't prevent God from killing the first-born. It just signaled that Jews lived there so God wouldn't kill Jewish first borns. It's like putting up a no house-keeping sign in a hotel room. The maid can still get into the room, she just chooses not to.

yeah, but the angel of DEATH was naturally gonna kill some people, so god knew exactly what he was doing.

The Angel of Death is a retcon.

Exodus literally says: "This is what the LORD says: "About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again."

If you read the Bible from the beginning Yaweh starts off as a typical God among many. He literally goes to Earth and does God stuff, vaguely human but doesn't like anyone to make pictures of him for some reason.

Attached: Comic of Yaweh.jpg (1280x2008, 575K)

As the Jewish religion grew, Yaweh became more and more powerful. Yaweh wasn't the strongest God, he was the ONLY God. God didn't have a body or legs or anything, God was everywhere!

This sort of causes an issue, because many times in the early books God literally does something (like killing the first-born) so a bunch of helper angels were created as stand in for when God literally does stuff.

So I'm certain your church taught about the Angel of Death, etc, lots do, but the bible literally says God, not his angel.

Attached: Spectre_(New_52)_001.png (1452x816, 2.02M)

what's the name of that comic?

No idea, but it gets posted a lot. Here's more

imgur.com/gallery/jmArk

There's also a part on Jesus that isn't included for some reason.

Well the truth is God is kind of a dick.

Right, now I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain that none of the angels originally had names or titles. They were just El's messangers. Gabriel and Michael were first Islamic inventions and then all three of the Abraham religions got into the mix.

"Angel", by its very definition, is "messenger". The issue with identifying angels is that it is human nature to make things that are abstract more human-like. For example, the literal descriptions of the various castes of angels would make them eldritch horrors that even H.P. Lovecraft couldn't have dreamed of, so it's easier and more romantic to make them human, but with wings.

Again, that's a retcon, though it's a retcon that's taught in most churches, synagogues and popular culture.

God literally walks through the Garden of Eden. He's a literal being that can walk, that Adam and Eve can interact with, and hide from. Discard a lifetime of culture (easier said then done) and actually read the stories with no preconceived notions. God literally wrestles with Jakob the entire night and is vaguely man-shaped. God literally visits Abraham, talks to him, has dinner with him, etc. Read Genesis, it's not metaphorical, God is a god in the same way Zeus, Thor, and Highfather are gods.

There are angels, two angels visit Lot to find good people in Sodom and Gomorrah. But the bible makes it clear when an Angel does something (Sodom and Gomorrah) and when God does something (murder children).

Of course, ask a pastor or Rabbi and they'll probably tell you Jakob wrestled an Angel, and a whole mythology has been invented that culturally explains the angels. When talking about religion the culture is a lot more important then the actual text.

Attached: jacob-wrestling-with-the-angel-alexander-louis-leloir.jpg (900x703, 153K)

reminder: The prince of egypt is one of the best animated movies ever made.

The whole point of the plagues was that Yahweh was basically showing how much bigger his dick was than all the Egyptian gods by using what was their "jurisdiction" against them. Keep in mind the old testament never said that other gods weren't real, simply that Yahweh was the biggest and the strongest.

shit, the 10 commandments start with numerous commandments saying "Don't worship any other gods more than me, or I'll slap your shit, and you had BETTER worship me you ungrateful fucks."

>Prince of Egypt, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and The Tragedy of Man are what I would consider the three best animated movies ever made
>They're all based or inspired by Christianity
Really fires up those old neurons.

I actually think the gargoyles ruin hunchback from being up there.

>Gabriel and Michael were first Islamic inventions
Michael shows up in the Book of Daniel and Gabriel in both the books of Tobit and Enoch, all of which long predate Islam

They pulled the movie down a lot sure, but not quite enough for something to take it's place in my eyes; maybe American Pop could slip in there but that's about it.

So you're saying god couldn't have done some other impressive thing that didn't involve killing innocent children? He couldn't have come down like Godzilla sized with lightning eyes blowing up all the pharaohs armies weapons with a glance? That would have been just as impressive and saved a lot of lives.

>So you're saying god couldn't have done some other impressive thing that didn't involve killing innocent children?
No, fuck those children, they weren't baptized and still had their foreskins so they spent the rest of eternity in hell.

Attached: [righteous fury intensifies].png (1600x1200, 2.77M)

This is Sup Forums, here's the PROPER Jacob wrestling with the Angel

Attached: Kirby JacobandAngel.jpg (1600x1232, 767K)

>But the bible makes it clear when an Angel does something (Sodom and Gomorrah)
user there's no hint that the angels are doing anything other than a fact-finding mission and hauling Lot and his senpai out of Old San Francisco.

Because it's meant to teach lessons. Do you read Aesops fables and complain that animals talk?

God also had a wife and brothers, originally, but they were removed as the Hebrews pared things down to better codify things.

>So I'm certain your church taught about the Angel of Death
I was Roman Catholic and they never mentioned the angel of death.
I don't think thats a specific entity like Gabriel.

holy shit Jojo was in the bible

To test the Jews' faithfulness, and he was right to do so. Fuckers kept forgetting there was an Almighty God that could smite whenever he felt like it.

love to see this in Kirbykolor

Seriously, why did God put up with those kikes?
>deliver them from Egypt
>IMMEDIATELY start worshiping the golden calf when Moses leaves

I like to think God got sick of their shit and told them to live in the one place in the Middle East that doesn't have oil, just to fuck with their Jewery.

God literally has his own super special angel species dedicated to talking about how great he is to him.

I actually found one right after I posted that

Attached: Kirby JacobandAngel COLOR.jpg (1600x1232, 454K)

Moses had to literally beg God to keep from the Israelites from being wiped out and God starting over again from Moses' kids

>So I'm certain your church taught about the Angel of Death, etc, lots do, but the bible literally says God, not his angel.
Jew here, and I learned it as a kind of mix of the two. God is the one who did the killing, not some shitty angel, but he did it as a God would. He didn't personally go to each house and kill the first born. He's God. He can just go "All the first borns die now", and they're dead.

Nah, the point of the plagues was God showing the Egyptians that their Gods were nothing compared to him.

Badass

The eternal choir, praising his name in deafening harmony, for all eternity.

You just can't please God, can you?

Notre dame aged like milk

I didn't love Hunchback when it came out and I don't love it now.

I always like to imagine the wrestling angel has the voice of Randy Savage

This analogy made me chuckle for some reason.

God

succinct edgy heresy

Pharaoh couldn't help that Moses gave his heart a hardon he was just born that way