DC makes event comics much better than Marvel

>DC makes event comics much better than Marvel
Why is this meme still a thing? They're both fucking terrible at events.
For every Civil War, there's an Infinite Crisis.
For every Fear Itself, a Flashpoint.
For every Original Sin, a Forever Evil.
Onslaught, Genesis.
Disassembled, Identity Crisis.
Secret Invasion, Final Crisis.
War of Kings, Blackest Night.
Sure, Marvel makes way more events, and sure, they're all shitty, but if DC were producing them at the same pace you bet your ass they would be pretty goddamn shitty as well.

Attached: dc-crossover-events-107880.jpg (655x399, 77K)

>Infinite Crisis, Forever Evil, Final Crisis, Blackest Night
>bad
Leave

>secret invasion
>same level than final crisis

Attached: idywd.jpg (500x279, 16K)

>For every Civil War, there's an Infinite Crisis.
There's 2 Civil Wars. Where's the other Infinite Crisis?

I've never heard anybody say that.

Infinite crisis and Blackest night are complete shit.

Infinite Crisis and Blackest Night are Bendis-tier dogshit, mate.

DC’s events are still better. And they don’t fucking spam them nonstop.

See

They're terrible but not anywhere near as terrible as a Bendis-event.

I would rather read Blackest Night over Age of Ultron or Civil War 2 ever again. I may fucking hate Blackest Night while reading it, but I'd still feel like I made the right choice.

>but if DC were producing them at the same pace
but they're not and that's already inherently better

Dude, it's literally Johns shitting on characters he doesn't like while telling an utterly worthless story. How is that not Bendis-tier?

Because in a Johns story, things actually happen and it's paced competently.

I can't say the same for Civil War 2. Events happen but fall over with a thud. The tension and build up just starts and stops like a dying car engine. For all my dislike of Millar's Civil War, this was not a problem there. But it's a problem in Civil War 2.

Blackest Night gets my hate for ruining and killing Captain Boomerang Jr.
It killed/fucked over a lot of characters, really.

God, and Brightest Day was just crap.

The one-shot continuations of old titles were neat, though.

>Infinite Crisis
Lets corrupt Superman but not our Superman the event.

>Forever Evil
Lex Luthor as a hero wank.

>Final Crisis
Darkseid got enslaved and sang to death.

>Blackest Night
Another Hal Jordan wank.

>ruining and killing Captain Boomerang Jr.
Why? He was a pedophile that dated and slept with teenagers prior to Blackest Night.

Fake news. He never touched Kara.

>Another Hal Jordan wank.
what's wrong with that?

Attached: hal the patriotic.jpg (3368x1740, 1.82M)

>Lex Luthor as a hero wank.
What's wrong with that? Maybe it's not very good but it's far from bad.

>Sure, Marvel makes way more events, and sure, they're all shitty, but if DC were producing them at the same pace you bet your ass they would be pretty goddamn shitty as well.

Maybe, but DC doesn't do that, and Marvel does. So DC does events better than Marvel, not just from a quality standpoint but from a structural one. The relative lack of events from DC may have something to do with its editorial staff, which serve to tell writers to stop being such fucknut hack pieces of shit. Contrast this to Marvel's editorial staff which are all hired from the goddamn Negative Zone and who only serve to tell writers to go even fuller retard.

Because it wouldn't last. They will eventually make him a villain again like we all knew they would.

Hal got wanked off way too many times. Kyle too. Guy and John needs a turn.

What's wrong with giving a character a new shtick for a few years?

>Because it wouldn't last. They will eventually make him a villain again like we all knew they would.
I think that's fine. The basis of that event is that evil is relative, & against the inhabitants of Earth 3 even someone like Luther could do the right thing.

Because once you become interested in it, nothing but heart break awaits you once status quo returns.

Attached: 1372780220322.png (600x923, 493K)

Wow you're stupid

Wow you have no argument

You're fucking retarded, that's a fact. No argument needed.

The difference is that even when dc events go to shit they're still readable and have enjoyable moments with memorable imagery. Of all the marvel events you listed the only thing that could be considered memorable is the tony and Steve's fight in civil war

Shit taste

>hurrr ur dumb for disliking this editorially mandated trash
I know you are, but what am I?

You keep proving my point. Retard.

>retard
>retard
>retard
Not the most developed vocabulary, eh?

Hurr duurr

Why is this meme still a thing?

>Disassembled, Identity Crisis.

Both were terrible but upon reread of both, Identity Crisis was better written as a story. And before you bring up how badly out-of-character some characters are in Identity Crisis, yes, I know. They fucking are. I also think Identity Crisis is an overrated piece of shit. It's just that since both of those comics had characters being written badly, I needed other things to compare with.

>For every Original Sin, a Forever Evil.

Forever Evil was good though

Even shitty events at least would have some good tie-ins, but even that seems like a thing of the past.

>reduced to literal retard noises
Yeah, I don't know what I expected, frankly.

>Forever Evil was good though
I decided to get into DC when Nu52 happened ( grew up watching Super Friends, BtAS, Burton's Bats and Reeve's Supes; but mostly read X-Men comics ). Almost immediately they'd replaced by their evil alt-earth counterparts. Did I mention I dropped Marble for years due to the faggotry that was Onslaught? FML.

>replaced
Words have definitions you know.

>They're both fucking terrible at events.
This is true.

And you didn't mention the things like Batman Eternal and Futures End.

Marvel fags are cancer

Because those are weeklies you cretin

There's nothing wrong with eternal, batman and robin eternal on the other hand was a complete shit show. If you want bad examples of weeklies then look no further than countdown to final crisis.

annihilation is literally the last good comics event.

Attached: 3358353C-78F4-4653-BA6F-06D1C2C87627.jpg (600x887, 159K)

>Why is this meme still a thing? They're both fucking terrible at events.
I agree they both suck, but at least DC events tend to be easier to ignore and don't usually drag as many books with them as Marvel events tend to do.

>final crisis
>bad
when did this meme begin and how can it stop, Final Crisis is great

>forever evil
>bad
>its just luthor wank lmao
someone hasn't read it

>infinite crisis
>bad
the tie ins were great and the main story was fine

The difference is Marvel has exactly 1 good event; Infinity Gauntlet. And it isn't even that good.

Does that even count as an event? It was more like the culmination of a long storyline. It was far removed from the entire Marvel universe.

Morrison haters propagate it.

it still fucking hurts

Attached: AntiLife.png (168x144, 77K)

This, infinite crisis is a weird case where people shit on it for being bad when in actuality it only appears bad due to all the books that's surrounded it plus 52 coming right after.

DC has better events by virtue of having a couple good ones as compared to no good ones

>things actually happen
for about two pages then its undone just because

it's plenty bad on its own

Fuck, this is spot on

really changed my mind there user good job

>he thinks Fear Itself was good

Attached: laughing sideshow man.jpg (1157x772, 63K)

The difference is that DC even HAS some "events" that were worth reading. Marvel has NONE.

>For every , there's a
No, Marvel makes more. Also Final Crisis is great.

Sup Forums has to lie to themselves because they know that as soon as they admit DC doesn't do events as good as Marvel they'll have to eventually admit that there's NOTHING DC does better than Marvel

Wrong, What I liked about Infinite Crisis and its tie in are massive number of characters deaths which made the threats legit and dare I say it, epic.

Omac return when

This, Flashpoint was way better than that garbage Marvel put out.

Marvel has never made a truly great comic.

That only happened in the event book itself though. Their solos continued with their stories rather than sidelining them for months.

Actually, Final Crisis was very divisive during its run due to how badly it mixed with the non-Morrison tie-ins and build up to it (Also, Superman Beyond turning out to be much more important than most people expected). It has been viewed more positively after the fact as a standalone story.

serious question

why does marvel refuse to collect their shit in anything resembling a decent physical format? seriously, with DC if I want something, it's probably in an affordable, easily-located omnibus or trade collection.

when I want to read marvel, one event will be collected in eight 100page paperbacks, a poorly-bound omnibus that has one issue I want and 20 issues of unrelated shit, and is probably out of print. and if it is by miracle still being sold, it'll be at 150% of the average DC markup, and 200% the average Image/Dark Horse.

like I want to get into the cosmic stuff, but it's been uncollectable for years

>This, Flashpoint was way better than that garbage Marvel put out.

Eat shit and die. It is another cliche "bad future" story that DC keep on spamming.

>how badly it mixed with the non-Morrison tie-ins and build up to it (Also, Superman Beyond turning out to be much more important than most people expected
says a lot about the average comic book reader when he assumes comics done by other people are important to a series than the tie ins done by the same writer that did said series.

Fuck off shill.

Oh so now they're terrible? Fuck you this is classic shill behavior. Tell people the thing that's bad (that you haven't read) isn't bad then when called out say it's bad but now as bad as they're saying.

But DC has done that this past year what the fuck are you talking about? Marvel pumping out reboots and crossovers doesn't negate that DC has had DClock, Metal, titans, super sons of tomorrow, oz effect, milk Wars an a few other joints. You making the distinction at events is why you can make your point. And even then Dclock and Metal prove you wrong. Ones holding up books while bein pushed back almost a year pace wise and the other was a bloated mess that should have finished months ago by the first announcements.

Holy shit I hate flashfags

Infinite Crisis is the best line-wide event comic DC has ever published. No wasted issue, and all of the mini-series tie-ins were good.
So much shit taste in this thread.

Call me when Marvel makes an event like 52.

Eh most of the cosmic events were good.
Thanos Imperitive was pretty great.

Shame they've undone everything about it since then, including the well done and respected deaths of certain characters.

>Bad Future stories are a bad thing
Tell that to Days Of Future Past, aka one of the best X-Men storylines.

I agree with for most events, but there are a few for DC which just as bad for collectors.

Like Blackest Night's 90 comic issue checklist for all preludes, tie ins, main stories, and epilogues. Which is collected in a like 8-10 paperback trades, or the the main story only in a fatass omnibus that is out of print and expensive as fuck now.

The only real difference between Marvel and DC events is that DC events are special comics that come along and bring together many different characters in a large story arch. For Marvel an event is just another Tuesday.

He actually said Cliche stories are bad. It's no wonder you can read garbage and think it's great. You can't actually read.

That's not true at all and multiple posts ITT dispute that.

who in their right mind would read all blackest night tie in issues anyway?

Civil War = Infinite Crisis.
Fear Itself

not all the tie in issues but blackest nigh had some great ones like vic sage coming back or jonah hex. Also it was quite clever to number them as the next number of the dead series..like the series rises again.

Final Crisis is the best comic event I've ever read

>Why is this meme still a thing?
A combination of Bendis, Slott, a writer so shit his name is literally Hopeless, Ike Permutter's retarded and spiteful business decisions, a bunch of YA trash that was admittedly made for liberal brownie points, only 20% of which was any good, and Diversity and Comics shitty youtube channel pouring gas on the fire just as it was about to go out.

Not sure what you're thinking of but Annihilation was definitely an event. Not in the usual format, it was a prologue plus 4 tie-in minis and the main series, but it wasn't really the culmination to anything.

The absolute state of your taste

Metal

>>Because in a Johns story, things actually happen and it's paced competently.
New52 Justice League.

How's MvCI coming bro?

DC One Million is the best event either have done.

Read Kirby retard.

Call me when 52 is an event and not a weekly.

DC has like 4 good events and Marvel has like 2.

>Secret Wars (original)
>Infinity Gauntlet
>Age of Apocalypse
>Civil War (the tie ins)

Yes, even New 52 Justice League had things paced better than Bendis' X-Men or GOTG. Your point?

>Not listed: Annihilation
I don't know, it seems that most of the cosmic events from marvel are pretty good.

>For Marvel an event is just another Tuesday.

That mainly happened under Alonso's watch. Even Quesada's reign spaced events out more reasonably.

And? We're comparing Johns to Bendis and not Johns to regular comics.

Who the fuck mentioned Bendis? His point is there are Johns stories badly paced or where nothing happens.

Me.
Hell I bought like all but 2-3 I couldn't find.