So who would be in the japanese justice league?

So who would be in the japanese justice league?

Batman -> Kamen Rider
Superman -> Ultraman
Green Lantern -> Space Sheriff Gavan

Attached: b5f5d6c17df361d3111237efca9d3a06-d1dciva.jpg (950x815, 563K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dg0vY8pQWas
youtube.com/watch?v=JB0XiGmj9l0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If we’re only doing toku that makes it harder. I imagine my nigga Zubat would be on it though. He’s the best at everything, after all.

Attached: C24CEDF7-69E6-4CCB-9D0C-DCF4FA1B9488.jpg (240x315, 58K)

Replace the Harlock with Devilman and pink haired girl with Cutie Honey

>devilman
>ultraman
>kikaida
>TETSUJIN NO.28
>Mighty atom
>Cutie honey

And maybe arale for fun.
That's too many robots though

>Pink haired girl with cutie honey

>getting rid of Captain Harlock

Attached: 1514738744309.png (199x270, 19K)

Also replace Goku with Ken from Gatchaman or Casshern

>too many robots

Attached: M.jpg (730x730, 321K)

>replace Goku
Ahahahahahahah. Wait are you serious? That's even more hilarious.

>Replace the Harlock

You go to hell.

>Batman -> Kamen Rider
Nope the Batman character would be Zubat like said. You got two choices in Inazuman and Kamen Rider Stronger if you need an electric based character.

Goku
Naruto
Bleach guy

>implying that the anime Justice League wouldn't be trying to catch Lupin, not offer him membership

Replace him with Deku and you're good to go.

Dude, that is cute honey

>Japanese Justice League
Goku = Superman
Cutie Honey = Wonder Woman
Ultraman = Green Lantern
Gekko Kamen = Batman
Olgon Bat = Aquaman
Kamen Rider = Cyborg
Cyborg #009 (Joe) = Flash

>Japanese Avengers
Tekkaman = Ironman
Spiderman = Spiderman
Kikaider = Vision
Sailor Moon = Scarlet Witch
Inazuman = Captain America
Gigantor = Hulk
Ken Washio (Gatchaman) = Hawkeye
Astroboy = Thor?

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Babel II is the perfect Thor.

If anyone's Kamen Rider it's Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle.

Justice league lineup isn't about popularity, dum dum. Dragonball isn't OLD ENOUGH for Goku to be in the 'classic' Justice league lineup for Sup Forums. You need stuff that was popular a long, long time ago and gets carried on that reputation for modern audiences.

Goku can join later, but he will always be a second stringer. He won't have the Superman spot, or even the batman spot. He's more like... Cyborg.

Akira and I think he can kill whatever has a brain, without brains ...he's like a half of Goku maybe

Oh wow. You are really serious? Do you think everyone who makes this anime JL concern themselves when the anime was made? If you want age, there are a lot more older anime. People literally make this type of things based on the popularity and something that they can compare to. Yeah, a lot of people do think Goku is the leader of anime. Deal with it you enormous dum dum.

Nah, Devilman goes with the edgy anti-hero team/Suicide Squad expy.

>Devilman
>Kenshiro
>Jotaro
>Killua/Kurapika
>Ryuko

Shit basically writes itself.

>pink haired girl with Cutie Honey

Attached: tumblr_ny8zhyJ8ay1relhh1o1_540.jpg (540x516, 58K)

>Dragonball isn't OLD ENOUGH
Dragon Ball is 34 years old, older than a good chunk of Sup Forums.

In his defense, Cutey Honey is a shapeshifter and her civvie form is a blonde bombshell.

Well that's kind of hard to answer because

1. The battle shonen set aren't really superheros. They don't patrol or watch over the world. They aren't the explorer/detective/paramilitary/first responder mix that makes up a superhero.

2. The ones that are closest to superheros (the toku set) already have dedicated teams they work with (sentai) or exist in a strong network of similar heroes that routinely cross over and interact (kamen rider)

I feel like first we should create a Japanese JSA of 60's-70's heroes before moving on the the Japanese JLA.

Pretty sure Lupin is a tad too rapey for today's audience...

>Japanese JSA

Ogun Bat would be the big ancestor figure of the group. He's the proto superhero like how Solomon Kane/Hugo Danner/Fascinax is the proto superhero. Not sure if he should actually be on the team though. He should still be mentioned.

1. Captain Hachiro Jinguji (Atragon, 1963)

Provides a link between WW2 Japan and modern Japan. Hachiro also provides the team transport in the form of the coolest submarine since the Nautilus and a crew of loyal soldiers.

If Ogun Bat is involved with the team it's going to be interesting as he's supposed to be an ancient survivor of Mu and Hachiro and his team destroyed a rising Mu empire in his movie.

2. Shotaro Kaneda (Tetsujin Go, 1956)

Like Hachiro Shotaro and his robot provide a link from wartime Japan to modern Japan. He also contrasts well with Hachiro. He's a young boy that works for an international police organization, he's an old soldier still loyal to the dream of the Japanese Empire. Hachiro is the dying old Japan and Shotaro is the young new Japan.

3. Atom/Astro (Mighty Atom, 1952)

The big guy himself and oldest title represented if Ogun bat is excluded. Possibly THE Japanese superhero. Like Shotaro he contrasts with Hachiro, but while Shotaro represents the Japan of today Atom represents the Japan of tomorrow being a robot, a new kind of life form. He represents a future full of power and wonder and possibilities, but also struggles. He's smaller than the Atragon and Tetsujin but has more power than both combined and is alive to boot.

50s - 60s JSJ
>Atom
>Moonlight Mask
>8-man
>Tetsujin-28
>Cyborg 009
>Ougon Bat
>Go Mifune (Speed Racer)
>Kitaro (Gegege no Kitaro)

Combine these two and you got a pretty good pre-Mazinger Z pre-Kamen Rider pre-Devilman team.

>Moonlight Mask
ABSOLUTELY needs to be involved. Every team needs a batman. Maybe the story could do something with his IRL history of getting canned after a kid killed himself trying to imitate his stunts?

>8-man
I'm ashamed I didn't include him. He works well with Atom being a representative of the future but in a different way. Atom is a robot, he's a cyborg. Atom is a boy, he's a man.

>Ougon Bat
Wasn't sure whether to include him or not but now I'm leaning toward yeah. He could be the team's powerhouse. And being from a fallen civilization he's something of a counter for the futuristic optimism a lot of his teammates have-a society can destroy itself if it gets too prideful and complacent.

>009
Not really feeling Joe on the team, if only because he already has his own team and 8-man is already an Ishinomori cyborg rep.

>Go Mifune
Not sure how Speed Racer would fit on a team given he's usually off doing races and stuff. Although the sight of the Mach 5 launching from the Atragon would be pure kino.

>Kitaro

He's honestly a bit out of place given that everyone seems to be tech themed, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

>Kitaro

GOku is too much of a fight autist to be front and center, maybe he's more of a Shazam dude
With GT goku it can work

I move that we limit membership to adult anime protagonists. The Justice League is adults. If teen protagonists need a place to go, they go in the Teen Titans. So no Luffy, no Gon, nothing like that.

Characters like Boruto's Dad are allowed because they've become adults in their respective series.

The team always need someone that can deal with supernatural shit, and he is still around (new series in April), he is the founding member they always go to when shit hits the fan hard.

>adult anime protagonists
Good luck with that, 95% of the main characters are between 12 and 17.

Replace Kirito with Archer and Mikasa with sailor moon

Attached: main-qimg-21ef24e3caf881f2048ee05bcbe80e14-c.jpg (602x390, 109K)

That's awful.

Can Redman join?

Attached: 4b86a8929695c210cb4130fd4878c27d1461177787_full.jpg (640x480, 57K)

It really is. Not only because its just a bunch of unrelated anime characters together but because the Super Friends would slap their shit. Yes, even One-Meme man.

He's too brutal and deranged.

Saitama and Goku are the only ones there that could reasonably stand up to half the Justice League members.

And even then it's a dumb image because the characters in that image would never do any of that.

The problem with Saitama is that even if you wank him so that he's a universe killing guy who beats everyone all the time with one punch no exceptions he's really not that different from "cosmic threat X" that the JLA constantly deal with.

If you dropped him in DC the JLA would beat him through super-science/magic/Bat-plan like they do everything else.

Remember its not just the JLA. It's the Super Friends, which is one of the most busted versions of the JLA in terms of power levels.

Merciless killers aren't heroes.

Even more convincing that they would never do that. Why would any of them want to hurt the Super Friends, they're so nice.

The only ones that would conceivably even challenge the Super Friends to a fight would be Saitama because of his boredom and Goku because he's got a one-track mind and a huge fight boner.

Most would be happy to have some cool and understanding adults to hang out with.

What really ruins it is how it's nothing more than hodgepodge of mainstream shit rather than being a team with an actual theme to it like all the other ideas in the thread. It doesn't even make sense as to WHY they would even bother with the JL, unless they're actually the bad guys here.

Titans or Justice League

Attached: Panty&Stocking.jpg (1280x1829, 188K)

>Kamen Rider
Which one? There's over a hundred.

Does this help?

Attached: super_hero_teams_a_version.jpg (1929x1561, 1.28M)

>Spiderman = Spiderman
I admit it, I laughed

Attached: Group.jpg (540x230, 53K)

>Only effective against very specific types of threats (ghosts and demons)
>Uncooperative, lazy, and self-interested to a major fault

They wouldn't officially be on a team, they'd only show up/make appearances if it was a local event or if they stood to gain from going out of their way to help (or if Garterbelt felt they would, at least).

>Seiya and Dark Schneider on the GotG
I'd move Ryoko over there to replace them.

>Killua on Power Pack
a BIT too brutal, don't you think?

You could probably make a Justice League out of Ishinomori's characters alone.

I just remembered the "Space Squad" movies are basically supposed to be the equivalent of Avengers/Justice League for tokusatsu.

>Not really feeling Joe on the team, if only because he already has his own team and 8-man is already an Ishinomori cyborg rep.
8man is not Ishinomori, he's not even a cyborg. He's a robot meant to replace a dead person just like Astro Boy.

>Illya and Negi on the same team
This is going to be fun.

>JSA
>post-WW2

You kind of have to though. What do you got for an actual wartime Japanese team? Ogun Bat?

They're still the "JSA" in that they're the retro team.

If you HAD to force it you could make a tiny team of Ogun Bat+Atragon+Tetsujin sans Shotaro. But the whole point of Atragon and Tetsujin was that they were developed for the Imperial Army but never used so you'd be fudging it.

Although the idea of the JSA fighting an Atragon with a crew of Tetsujin alongside Ogun Bat does sound pretty cool.

Imagine if he was their boss.

Attached: X-Men-Apocalypse-animated-series-recut.jpg (970x545, 94K)

If we are going with a pure Shonen Jump based team
>Justice League
>Superman -> Goku
>Batman -> Himura Kenshin
>Wonder Woman -> Kurokami Medaka
>Aquaman -> Kinnikuman
>Green Lantern -> Seiya
>The Flash -> Jotaro Kujo
>Martian Manhunter -> Saiki Kusuo
main difference, instead of jobbing,
Saiki would just bail half of the time

Attached: JL-Jump.png (2012x479, 2.16M)

There is literally no one in Anime who can replace Superman besides Goku.

They are too similar to ignore.

Devilman should be in the Japanese Justice League Dark, along with Black Jack and any Garo.

>Avengers
>Captain America -> Jonathan Joestar
>Iron Man -> Cobra
>Thor -> Dark Schneider properly motivated of course
>Ant-Man -> Toru Muhyo I em aware this is a bit of a stretch, but he fits the "anti-social genius" niche
>Wasp -> Arale Norimaki
>The Hulk -> Meisuke Nueno mild mannered scholar with a monster inside

Attached: JumpAvengers.gif (1628x468, 525K)

They'll need to be owned by the same people first.

Saitama at least looks the part, and All-Might has the personality

Every anime and manga in Japan is owned by like 5 companies at most, and they are all very friendly with each other, crossover are a common thing.

Attached: super robot wars oe.jpg (500x483, 68K)

Shueisha already owns a fairly large catalog of properties
They even released some crossover videogames over the years
youtube.com/watch?v=dg0vY8pQWas

Attached: 20823568_j-starsvictoryvs__gameplaytrailer_ign-1429211046887_540h[1].jpg (960x540, 163K)

>Hypotheticals

i'd argue that he'd be more like guy gardner/booster gold kind of dude.

Technically they co-own them. The authors seem to be fine with using their characters randomly in games and such, but I wonder if there are bigger problems with going for an anime/manga, since at that point it could be seen as competing with the original source material.

Their rival magazines (Shounen Sunday and Shounen Magazine) also did a crossover fighting game years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=JB0XiGmj9l0

Amazing cast but the game sucks.

Attached: sunday vs magazine.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

It isn't seen as competition, but as promotion to the source material.

That's for the games, but I'm talking about the idea of making an actual series, either anime or manga.

those two are owned by Shogakukan and Kodansha respectively

Shueisha owns Shonen Jump

There was a DBZ/One Piece crossover manga co-created by their respective creators
Also epic troll. It is completely non-canon, has barely any action, and is really just about the characters having a tea-party.
Still, enjoyable in its own way if you are in on the joke

Attached: Cross_Epoch[1].png (1000x723, 211K)

I really need a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen-esque anime series

The genera is not old enough yet
Astro Boy/Tetsuwan Atom, which is considered to be the first proper mange, came out in 1952, which is less than a century ago

Harlock would work with the league, but wouldn't be a full time member.

Ken (G1) -> Hawkman
and/or
Jun (G3) -> Hawkgirl

Motoko Kusanagi -> Cyborg

Edward Elric -> Green Lantern

What? What does age have to do with a fictional universe where tons of classic anime/manga co-exist?

what would you consider "classic" ?
how far into the past/how recent would you go?

For me personally, I'd say a classic would be anything that influences newer anime/manga.

Harlock, Cutie Honey, Astroboy, Lupin, all are classics. No one would argue that.

But I'd say Dragonball Z is just as classic since so much has been made in response, ie Naruto, Toriko, Sailor Moon.

But then Sailor Moon is also a classic given the genre it helped to define.

The only example of a modern classic I can actually think of is Fullmetal Alchemist (if we're referring to shonen specifically).

I don't follow the hype around One-Punch and My Hero Academia, but I've had others say those are modern classics as well.

(cont)

Non-shonen examples would be Lucky Star/K-On/Haruhi for the way they changed SoL

Toei or Tatsunoko could easily fill their own Avangers/Justice League roster within their own company.

BoBoBo as leader who assembles the entire team

Attached: bo bo motherfuckin bo.png (480x320, 160K)

Why do people clarify Ken (from gatchaman).

He's literally Gatchaman the series is called after him, the rest are called the science ninja team.

Attached: Gatchaman_saraba_tomo_yo.jpg (640x903, 98K)

Goku's thing is LITERALLY protecting the world.

>Saga and Raoh

Holy fuck i'd be fanboying so hard over that

Attached: GALAXIAN.png (1024x768, 1.24M)

>Who can replace Superman?

Kamen Rider doesn't come to your mind. Astro Boy doesn't come to your mind. Ultraman 7 doesn't come to your mind.

Fucking GOKU or One-Meme man comes to your mind.

If fucking hate modern weebs. It stopped being cool to like anime after 2000.

not surprised. Anime/manga crossover games are always just crappy cash-grabs.

It wouldn't be hard considering how easy it is to get Super Robot Wars to work.

They crossover but rarely do they ever try to do anything based on a examining themes like JLA/Avengers did or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I'd kill to see something like Seems a good way to talk about Japan changing after WW2.

Only in the dub sweetie.

Dragon Ball is undeniably a classic. But not Z.

Galaxian Explosion!

Probably need a girl like Sally or Princess Knight.

Any traditional sentai team.

Attached: 968full-kyouryuu-sentai-zyuranger-photo.jpg (968x554, 222K)