Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/99143131/

Attached: 1520808237068.jpg (371x630, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority#1954_Code_criteria
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last time:

-New Golden Girl related pics and scripts
--Further development of Jade Empress
--Fleshing out the Sorority of Sentinels
--Script for BIGRAC still in review
-Discussed some /tg/ things (OCs, /coc/ stuff being in games)
-Trine discussion
-Inquires about Chaptor
-Discussion of more magical menaces
-Some talk of "Dangerous" Vizz of Blang's seven space pirate admirals
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Attached: 1520796560650.png (1600x1200, 213K)

Slow thread. I do have some writefagging to post though. I said I was gonna work on a Trine Issue 2 script.

We open up with Wells welding things in his hidden base, there's stuff everywhere, in piles on the floor, hanging from the ceiling, mounted on the walls, everywhere.

We see JD navigating his way down through the cave system, he's carrying bags. He walks into the room Wells is working in and announces himself by actually saying "Knock knock, got your supplies" he's carrying groceries.

Wells stops what he's doing and takes the welding mask off "Oh, cool, I'll be done in just a sec, I've got a mini-fridge over there." he points to the other side of the room.

JD puts the stuff down "You know, this place is like a maze, I can't believe you found somewhere like this around here."

Wells is still working on some big armor robot thing "It's amazing what you can find if you know what you're looking for."

JD opens up the fridge and grabs a bottle of soda/cola/pop/whatever Canadians call it, "Yeah, no fooling."

JD takes a swig "Where did you even get most of this stuff?"

Wells pauses " ... You'd be amazed what some people throw out, most of this stuff is recycled material."

JD is just silently taking another sip.

Wells "Could you hand me that tool belt over by you? It should be underneath some of the stuff on that table."

JD puts the bottle down and begins lifting things, he grabs the tool belt and turns back to Wells asking "Is this it?" as he does so, the belt taps the bottle of soda knocking it to the floor, splashing the beverage onto a small charging station for one of the Archbot cores

JD: "Oops."

Wells is still working, he hasn't turned around "Huh? What did you do?"

The archbot core powers up, it detaches from its charging station and takes off, smashing through a pile of stuff before bouncing off in another direction

Wells has turned around now with his welding mask up "What did you do?!"

cont.

JD frantically points at the charging station with the soda bottle spilled next to it

Wells puts up his hands with his fingers curled in shock and panic as the malfunctioning core whizzes past his head "Catch it!"

JD and Wells both make mad dives for it, they collide in the middle of the room as the archbot flies upwards and bounces off of the ceiling

JD grabs his wrist where the device it and activates it, in a flash time seems to stop, the archbot core is on a collision course for another pile of junk, there's a transparent after image of it ahead and behind it, the after image ahead of it is colliding with the pile, causing the pile to have a displaced transparent after image of it falling.

JD walks over to the core and plucks it out of mid air, the after image ahead of it disappears.

Back at normal "speed" JD and Wells are looking at the deactivated archbot core

JD: "Wells, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"
Wells: "It's fine, I can fix it."

Time cut to a few days later with JD coming in with more groceries. "Hey Wells, groceries."
Wells is busy working "Thanks, I'll be done in a minute."

As JD puts the bags down, the archbot core flies over to him and stares him in the eyes before darting off
JD: "Oh cool, you fixed it."
Wells: "Yeah, after I got it dried off and removed the sugar, the parts were still good to go, so that was lucky."

The archbot core floats back holding a bottle of soda in one of its metal tube arms, holding it up to JD
JD looks surprised before smiling and takes the bottle as the archbot core flies past him and grabs some tools to bring over to Wells
JD: "Wow, you've really stepped up your game."

Wells stops with a "Huh?" as the archbot core is holding a tool, presenting it to Wells. Taking it with a "Huh?" Wells looks at it puzzled, it's the one he needed "Its been acting kind of buggy."

cont.

Wells and JD are both looking at the archbot core floating in front of them
Wells: "He's been acting kind of strange since, but this is new. I didn't program him to do this."
JD: "Huh. So what's your deal, little buddy?"
The archbot core looks at him, then to Wells "Primary directive: be useful to Wells."
Wells looks a little dumbfounded while JD laughs "I guess he's decided he likes you."
Wells: "He?"
JD: "Yeah, you've got yourself a thinking machine! I'm gonna call you... Sid!"
The archbot core looks at him blankly "Designation... Sid."

And that's the issue 2 idea I had for Trine.

Next I'll post the revisions I made to the GG script I wrote last thread.

And Golden Girl BIGRAC script

PANEL 1
High above the city sky line we see the stately Sterling manor perched atop the Sterling Steel Tower.
>"Sterling Steelworks finances many projects across the city, their iconic achievement being the Steel Tower"

PANEL 2
Below the manor lies a mess of machinery and wires taking up at least a floor of the skyscraper.
>"But Ms. Sterling decided to branch out, and through her contracts she's keeping up with the march of scientific progress!"

PANEL 3
Silver Queen is seen in front of a large screen (CRT you know) entering punch cards and typing away on an electronic typewriter looking thing.
>Sarah: "Just a few more adjustments and we'll be up and running. Everything alright back there, Audrey?"

PANEL 4
We see Audrey edging her way through a narrow opening, she looks almost like she's stuck because of her boobs that no one can notice, she's reaching to connect some wires
>Audrey: "Almost there, Ms. Sterling!"

PANEL 5
The screen changes to a map of the world with glowing dots indicating high levels of radio traffic or broadcasting or whatever. Audrey pulls herself out of the tight area and almost falls to the floor in the background.
>Sarah: "Good work, now let's see what you have for me, BIGRAC!"

PANEL 6
Audrey's eyes go wide in shock, a close up of her face and upper torso
>Audrey: "wh-what? Are you actually able to see them?"

PANEL 7
Sarah's face is illuminated by the screen with a hand to her chin, eyes still closed, face of intense focus
>Sarah: "Of course, with our new Binary Intelligence & Global Rogues Analysis Computer we can track villains around the world!"
Audrey should be in the background sighing or something, slumped down a little

It could still use a little work though.

Posting SOS character Wiki Blurbs with final edits. Some are basically the same as last week.

First: Silver Queen
Silver Queen (Sarah Sterling):

Heiress to Sterling Steelworks (a mining and steel manufacturing conglomerate), Sarah was a wealthy industrialist traveling on business in South America when her plane crashed into the jungle. Only Sarah and her guide, Lucia Delgado, survived the crash and ended up discovering an ancient tomb of the Atlantean royal family in exile, which contained the Bands of Boudica (a pair of magical Atlantean bracers). The Bands are enchanted to only be worn by those with pure hearts or a just cause, and can change shape to fit wrists of any size. The Bands exponentially increase the fighting prowess, strength, and durability of the wearer, turning the weak into strong warriors, and the already strong into veritable demigods of power. However, in the hands of those with evil intent, the Bands will gradually lose their power and turn into useless stone.

Wearing the Bands of Boudica, serious Sarah Sterling turns over a new leaf as the jovial super-heroine Silver Queen! After volunteering her new abilities to the American WWII effort, Sarah Sterling returned home to Platinum City where she converted her rooftop penthouse mansion, Sterling Manor, into a secret crime fighting fortress with the operations help of Lucia. Sarah still retains an oversight role in her business empire, but her main efforts have been in keeping Platinum City safe from villainy, founding the Sorority of Sentinels, and training her ward and sidekick, Golden Girl.

Attached: Silver Queen.png (1600x2191, 894K)

Black Rose (Civilian ID: Classified):
After cutting her teeth as a covert operative and sniper for the French Resistance in WWII, the super spy known only as Black Rose became famous in international intelligence circles for her ruthless pursuit of escaped Nazi's and other political ne'er-do-wells for both the French and American governments. She now works for the SOS as the resident tactician and worldwise strategist, personally handling the super team's covert operations. As the femme fatale of the SOS, she's known to "clouds men's minds" and extract information from any target with her combination of feminine wiles and secret CIA hypno-training. In the field Black Rose prefers to operate in the shadows, but is handy with her pair of custom, deadly silent "Thorn" pistols when danger calls.

Attached: Black Rose.png (780x2530, 353K)

Connie Cosmos (No Secret Identity):

A product of the star-crossed union of human astronaut John Cosmos and the Queen of Mars, Connie Cosmos, heir to the Martian Matriarchy, has been sent by her mother to Earth to learn about her human heritage. Connie's thrill-seeking nature has led her to join the SOS where she's often the first to zip into the fray, providing arial support with her golden jet-belt and ray gun. She's also the team's communication expert, using the advanced martian technology of her royal helm to tune into and translate any radio or tele-signal. Between escapades, Connie likes to retire to her personal flying saucer parked on top of the SOS Lighthouse, which houses a gauzy pleasure palace replete with martian manservants that attend to her every need.

Attached: CCosmos.png (523x886, 162K)

Donna Dynamo (Donna Dinopoulos):

Genius inventor Donna "Dynamo" Dinopoulos, created a wearable system to capture and store electricity from charged ions in the air. The compact design fits under her fashionable dress, while her gloves can discharge powerful lighting bolts and generate powerful magnetic fields, which allow her limited flight in a metal-rich environments such as Platinum City. Logically, what better way to field-test her new technology than through super heroics. As the resident science expert on the team, Donna often acts as an enthusiastic but scatterbrained tech mentor to Golden Girl, encouraging Audrey's mechanical aptitude and letting her assist in experiments. When not on SOS business or working on new gadgets, Donna is often found teaching children's classes at the local science museum.

Attached: Donna Dynamo.png (669x2666, 434K)

Crimson Cat (Minnie Miller)

Minnie Miller was originally just a shy research librarian at Platinum City University by day and demure housewife by night. One afternoon, when bringing lunch to her husband Prof. Miller in his geology lab, she picked up a beautiful red gemstone with a strange energy signature that he had been studying. Her feminine touch awakened the mystical feline spirit inside the stone, which transformed the mousey everywoman into a ferocious female with energy claws and enhanced strength and agility. Calling herself Crimson Cat, Minnie uses her powers from the gem to prowl the night for crime and serves as the top hand-to-hand fighter for the SOS.

Attached: Crimson Cat.png (764x2488, 344K)

The Twins (Secret Identities Unknown):

A mysterious pair of black and white women who act as the drivers and auxiliary fighters for the SOS. The highly competent duo maintains the SOS headquarters (The Lighthouse), initiates the team's emergency signal (the Lamp) in times of distress, and always seem to appear when needed, sometimes even before being summoned. They possess preternaturally synchronized movements, which is the core of their kung-fu fighting style.

Attached: The Twins.png (294x498, 84K)

And bonus wiki blurb!

Olympian (a fox):

The only male member of the SOS, Olympian was found by the SOS on one of their earlier adventures in Europe. He is now the animal mascot of the team and is just a normal fox. He definitely doesn't have any special abilities including the power of human speech. How could a fox possibly talk anyway? That would be ridiculous.

Attached: Olympian.png (325x364, 100K)

Here are all the SOS Wiki Blurbs linked on one page:

note: I didn't bother doing Great Glory because there's no sense of agreed upon art/characterization.

Attached: SOS.png (4159x3180, 1.85M)

Follow up team pose art from last thread

Attached: SOS_GG team.png (835x946, 375K)

Adore the typography.

I'll get around to adding them to the DAoGG page on the wiki sometime during this thread if no one points out anything glaringly wrong.

I like him better as Great Glory's sidekick than as the SoS's mascot.

Sounds good.

Might be sooner than expected at this rate.

It is super dead this weekend. Everyone must be out getting shitfaced.

I don't know if we even have any over the top Irish by design characters.

Isn't there a bear?

Yeah, but he's not an over the top easily recognizable pop culture caricature of Irish-ness.

Attached: 1327640588602.jpg (840x894, 272K)

If I remember, Motion is from an Irish Catholic family.

Attached: MotionLooseCostume.png (1200x1600, 178K)

Boss Moss kind of fits the look.

But still only kind of.

Attached: 1373815717326.png (841x600, 68K)

HNNNNG!
WriterAnon!
I may not be able to reply much this weekend but hot damn, I like it!
My only small take on it would be the part where JD says "Oops" sounds like he's being sarcastic?
Maybe we can omit that and just illustrate a suprised look rather than an added remark.

Attached: Ghost&Sid.png (1000x800, 460K)

>3 days away from the spring equinox and britain is having snow storms

Not sure which of the Seasons Heralds are to blame for this, but they need to sort themselves out.

The oops is not meant to be sarcastic, it's more like an "oh shit" reaction.
They just don't strike me as the sort to swear casually.

Clara is extending winter for more potential boy on boy cuddling.

Shouldn't she want the summer so all the shirts come off?

True, It's constant struggle on what she wants to see more. But she wants boy-boy action, and shirtlessness doesn't really increase that chance.

Who?
JD or Wells?

Attached: RenderUntoApega.png (943x2400, 702K)

Fuck, I totally forgot. Somehow ended up wearing green anyways.

Both.

Swears in comics are less meaningful they more they're used.

Hope you guys are wearing green today.

Attached: tumblr_ov5nepMdLM1qk1n3io8_1280.jpg (1200x1004, 193K)

Do we have any Irish characters? We must, right?

Quick, what's something green and for Audrey to wear

Leprechaun outfit. She's short enough.

A hood?
A coat?
A scarf?
A hat?

Barely. We have a couple that are of Irish descent and a talking bear.

Maybe there are some fey who count.

Green leotard.

Examples?

Would give one but I'm phoneposting. Just search "green leotard female gymnast"

Oooh I see.

Just a question, what kind of "rating" are we going for here?
It's certainly not Adults Only, right?

I don't generally put much thought into the rating, I'm just going with ideas I think are cool.

Right now I'm still thinking of ways to build up the characters so when things do happen to them, people will actually care.

I'm just asking how much sex, nudity and violence I'm going to have to illustrate for the comic.
Especially in regards to Theta's dark dealings and the wild hormones of high school teens.

I thought Olympian was the team mascot based on this pic.

Attached: Mascot.png (782x708, 125K)

Who cares if they're irish or not. Green is the best color. Just post green-themed /coc/ content.

Probably not any sex. I can't really think of anyone in the notes right now who would be boning.
Not sure what the context would be for nudity. Could easily be worked in later if it's tasteful.
Violence? We'll get to that. I wouldn't be writing gorey scenes full of detail about blood, bone, and grey matter being sprayed through the air unless JD is in his time stopped mode desperately trying to stop the bullet before it hits its mark.

I only pitch the stuff I think is cool.
Right now I'm still mulling over how best to integrate Theta into this. Currently I think of her as that one guy who shows up at your tabletop session with a super serious grimdark character and the DM has endless fun trolling him with silly nonsensical shit before actually getting to the serious stuff planned for later.

My methodology is if I'm not liking it, and I'm writing it, then I stop writing it and re-write it as something I actually like.

I thought he was Great Glory's pet based on the first pic of him and also the doodle sketches that inspired the SoS designs.

Nah, Olympian has moved on to better things. Clearly he's mascot-level now, especially since no one seems to give a shit about Great Glory.

If you actually want to work out Great Glory's deal, I'm game. It's just that there are two distinct concept designs of her and I don't know which one is better.

Ghost is green.
Along with every Ghost merchandise available now at your local mall!
New Lamenton's newest hero now the city's greatest toy!
Ghost has it all!

TRAILING GLOW-IN-THE-DARK COSTUME!
KARATE CHOP ACTION!
PULSATING SOUND EFFECTS FROM HIS WRIST DEVICE!
MULTI PHRASE VOICE SIMULATOR! *You're going down, Archenemy!*
AND BEST OF ALL, HIGH PRESSURE LAUNCH SPRINGS! *Look at him go!*
(Disclaimer: Do not launch Ghost action figure towards other people. Doing so may cause serious injury and harm.)

Get your Ghost action figure and save New Lamenton near you! *GO GHOST GO!*
Available at all Al's Toy Barn outlets in the city area.

>your tabletop session with a super serious grimdark character
Kek.
Just please don't make her that one specific Drow of whom shall not be named.

Attached: GetReadyGHOST!.png (1138x451, 134K)

Great Glory strikes me as the oldest or most experienced member of the group. She and Silver Queen met during the war, same super human regiment.
During the battles they liberated an occupied town where insidious experiments were taking place. The town was built near a magical grotto and the Axis Powers were trying to learn the secret of magic. Think things in cages for a visual unless it's an unfiltered pre-code propaganda comic.

By liberating the town, the fox joined them in their fight.

Suddenly the Golden Girl lore seems much more interesting.

What are Olympian's powers though, other than being intelligent enough to speak English?

Attached: IMG_0828.png (5412x3857, 1.54M)

I see Olympian as based on Reynard the fox.

Lots of sex because it's made by horny Sup Forums idea guys.

Funnily enough, it actually wasn't.
It was built from a narrative standpoint rather than from a character-base.

Ooh, that'd be nice.

I was thinking something more like this where after she comes to the city, her usual methods just don't work when it comes to Archenemy.

But I know this example does not mesh well with the character.

Attached: tg mm 1336964857516.png (1109x492, 110K)

>her suit collects energy that she can shoot out of her gloves
>it's a loose, frilly dress that isn't connected to the gloves in anyway
It's probably nothing, but this is bugging me so god damn much.

>The compact design fits under her fashionable dress
And presumably the same technology allows the energy to be wirelessly transferred to her gloves, but I'm pulling that out of my ass.

hello, not the artist just someone who lined and colored (badly i might add) of the image

Attached: 1519775556069.png (782x708, 204K)

That's a great start. I agree that Since Great Glory is a patriotic hero, she definitely met Silver Queen in WWII.

I like the setting of the American hero squad liberating a magical town from an axis science unit conducting experiments trying to learn/harness the secret of magic, etc. (hellboy, etc.). But instead of hell/Demons, the nazi science unit is researching European folklore/fairytales. Olympian is a magical fox of that kind of origin (basically Reynard, trickster type) that Silver Queen and Great Glory find caged up with other magical animals. Olympian is the one who is able to communicate with them and tells the Americans what is going on and how to free the trapped creatures. The rest of the animals scatter in the escape, but Olympian is done with the war torn shithole of Europe and joins the Americans because he wants to go home with them. Which eventually happens.

As a talking fox, I don't think he needs many other powers, other than being conniving. He can act as a scout and information gatherer who can squeeze into tight spaces where humans can't go, etc. not saying he shouldn't have other folklore type powers like limited shape shifting or illusions or something in the vein of Reynard, but nothing crazy like flight or super strength.

Maybe he is the embodiment of the Reynard trickster fox archetype, but he doesn't give his real name when he meets the Americans because he wants to leave Europe and his past behind.

Yeah, not demons, but Disney-esque woodland creatures.

I'm getting the impression that Rose is immune to the comic code as well, with her violent backstory, use of guns, and her eyes being covered.

No. Just...no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority#1954_Code_criteria

Oh, another thing, Olympian could come into play later on during the Bullion era by providing Audrey with more clues about the code through his origins and how he remembers things happening.

What part of immunity don't you get? Hell, that's Audrey's whole shtick.

Black Rose can't be immune because SHE DOESN'T VIOLATE THE CODE.

>and her eyes being covered.
Eyes closed/covered are a cue for code blindness.

This post clearly demonstrates that the poster hasn't read or doesn't understand the comics code.

One of the nice things about the GG Universe is that, by its very existence, it has a side effect of educating anons about what the comics code was and the massive effect it had on the industry as a whole.

Also good.

I have some ideas about absolute deepest GG lore that I'm sitting on until the right time

Nice. I feel that color jobs mostly always welcome, unless they are complete shit

Yeah, I feel you on the itch to close any nagging elements.

My thoughts on Donna's suit/gloves: It's either the same wireless transmission tech (tesla-esque) that lets her transmit power to the gloves. Or in future designs, just have a wire or small cable running from the end of each arm sleeve to each glove, or a small cable from each glove going to the lower back of her dress apocolypse style.

In other words, Donna's gloves explanation isn't the most important thing. It can be explained if needed with wireless transmission or cables, but in the end it should be dictated by aesthetics and what costume design choice (wired or wireless) looks best.

Nikola Tesla had the technology to wirelessly transmit electricity.

So yeah, not a big deal to explain with comicbook logic even.

exactly

More Grimm's then disney. But in essence, yes.

The Fae Queen is pretty blatantly Irish. I wouldn't be surprised if Belle's not of Irish descent either.

We don't really know much of anything about her other than really paying for a bad judgment call.

Attached: 1376783184055.png (957x600, 256K)

newfag here, i just discovere this general and im interested in participate
what i should know to start?

Attached: Revanstov.jpg (1920x1080, 622K)

Happens on the weekends, is for OC Sup Forums has made or for OC made for Sup Forums.

I guess the time line on the wiki would be a good place to get a feel for the shared setting.

For info on the various characters, check the wiki in the OP. It also has a timeline for the main shared setting.

Generally, this is a thread for collaborative projects - stories, art, etc.

mostly want to echo this point:
>Generally, this is a thread for collaborative projects - stories, art, etc.

An important thing to understand is that this thread isn't a place to post your webcomic. That's for /hyw/. /coc/ is a collaborative place for collaborative projects.

Check out the wiki, maybe the booru. Try to get a sense of what projects people are talking about before posting randomly, but don't be afraid to ask questions.

thanks for the advice,
actually im going more for the drawing part
if you have an request i will do it

Hmm. You know, we haven't seen anything of Duet in a while.
The girl with the energy alien symbiote.

Any interest in drawing her?

Attached: 1374440086564.png (941x1041, 652K)

I suppose this is a better reference.

Attached: 1399109422164.jpg (1600x1210, 617K)

il give a try

Not trying to start shit, but your legs are pretty thick. Like, that girl looks like a T rex kind of thick. Her legs seem kinda long for the rest of the body.

Tir Tairngire is of Irish origin, the fae seem to follow Irish styling with the Seelie Court and whatnot, she's PROBABLY Irish with a mane like that.

All the queens are half-human half-fae though, it's a requirement to be the queen.

So there's still a lot we don't know about her.
You'd think she'd be a major power player somewhere in all this.

Oh.

So did Artist user who was working on 'I know a Guy' die?

Attached: 1514913678195.png (1224x852, 344K)

He just went to live on a farm upstate with CosCru user. They're very happy there.

here, advance.

Attached: Duet sketch.jpg (1080x2000, 335K)

I agree. This artist needs to work on their proportions a lot, especially lower body. I'm sure they will improve given time.

Post more examples of your art.

Wrote/reformatted 3 pages of new Bees Knees script, finally.

Attached: 1367565360820.jpg (624x620, 127K)

Who did the typography?

re-up that wiki blurb stuff for Jade Empress, pls

No problems with any of these. Only suggestion I'd make is for the twins to be 'unnaturally black and white women' rather than just black and white, since so far it looks like their costumes are meant to be mirror images of each other.

That's coming a long pretty well.

I think they should be just normal skin colors, not pure white and pitch black.

welp.
I couldn't be fucked to look up all the Jade Empress write ups from the last few weeks to go over the finer details of her concept.
I'm just going to assume summoning golems made of jade is part of her move set.
Also, those golems are formed in the shape of terracotta warriors. Giant dog monsters and dragons too, I suppose. I never played Dynasty Warriors, I don't know how these things work.

Attached: Lets Get Down To Business.png (794x791, 203K)