Sup Forums hates this little bundle of joy and happiness

>Sup Forums hates this little bundle of joy and happiness

Seriously, what is wrong with you guys?

Attached: mabel.jpg (640x480, 49K)

Same reason Sup Forums hates Lisa Simpson, I guess

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 3EB23E74-165B-41ED-B72B-5619C63A885B.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

Well one of them caused the near end of the world because of selfishness while the others were trying to restore the world

Lisa is actually despicable, tho. Bitch ruins everyone's lives because of her own pettiness. Mabel, on the other hand, is all about fun and love

>episode where bart realizes his ideal boston is just a fantasy and ruins everyone elses' perfect boston lives so he can go back to springfield.

>that episode bart discovers he is a way more talented musician than lisa is, and she ruins everything out of jealousy

Happines and joy for the expense of always making her brother being patient/give up on his goals/sacrifice smth for her is not a good joy and happiness. She's a highly egoistical bitch and rarely considered her brothers needs and wishes.

Fuck u I love Mabel. She's charming af

This, she is all about happiness and Joy but at the expense of others, when she was playing matchmaker she didn´t care the people where incompatible with each other, or forcing Dipper and Stan to sing karaoke or throwing people into danger for her quirk of the week. The show always takes this as a joke but she never gets the short end of the stick, even if show with similar sibligs interactions like Dexter´s Lab Deedee got her comeuppances once or twice.

Two episode had the chance to made her realize how selfish she was, but the one with the unicorn ended with her doubling since the Unicorn was a fraud, and in the one where she is in the bubble of fantasy she doesn´t realize that what she is doing is wrong.

Rewatching some episodes made me realize that. It was great for the comedic centered scenes but for the serious moments it made her look bad with no repercussions for her actions. Fucking Pacifica got better character development over her.

Cause Mabel really had no character development, she is just flashy, egoistic optimist type of kid.
Cause of this Dipper seemed better though.

Dipper is a fucking bore, tho. He comes out as a kid trying to pretend he's way more grown up than he actually is. Mabel acts like an actual kid.

>That episode where Lisa says Bart has never done anything good to her

She'd be OK if writing didn't fawn over her non-stop. And also if she was actually interested in the point of the show.

Dipper is doing shit that’s actually interesting with the supernatural, post season one and the stupid fucking crush on that cardboard cutout Wendy that is, while Mabel wastes her screen time doing the most boring, stereotypically pre-pubescent childish things, the kind that says “I try to be like the image of children created by a bunch of old fogey suits in a boardroom because I have no identity of my own” and doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the actually cool an wierd parts of the show. Mabel may act like a kid, but who wants to watch a shitty boring kid? If wanted that, i’d just go watch Doug.

Mabel's not nearly as bad, come on.

Who else was glad Mabel allowed Bill to fuck shit up around? The show was about to end and I'd be pretty bored if there wasn't some sort of wacky conclusion.

>Dipper is the smart one
>Mabel is the dumb one and selfish, constantly fucked up Dipper in the ass with her bullshit
>Other Stan is the smart one
>Gruncle Stan is the dumb one and selfish, also ruined his brother's life
>Hirsh is the dumb one
>His sister is the smart one doing science on marine life

Classic case of "I don't want to look like a fucking loser", so Hirsh swapeed his personality with his sister so Dipper wouldn't look like a stupid fuck

Attached: 1479784671760.jpg (651x652, 52K)

>20+ year old show
>continuity
ar u a nerd r somethin???

Stan geniunly fucked up and spent 30 years of his life trying to fix it, he attoned for his mistakes.

Mabel on the other hand learned fucking nothing

>Who else was glad Mabel allowed Bill to fuck shit up around? The show was about to end and I'd be pretty bored if there wasn't some sort of wacky conclusion.
I don't feel it was thematically or aestetically apropriate, but then again, almost nothing since Ford returned was.

Mabel and Dipper are kids, user

What were you expecting?

For them to learn something?

Isn't this what childhood is for?

Childhood is where you get the most fun out of life before you get more responsibilities.

Mabel acting like a spoiled brat is fine because she is a kid

Nobody told them to drag it out so long.

>Peaking in childhood
Good lord and I thought I was pitiful.

She may be outwardly cute, but she's kind of a terrible person, especially to her brother Dipper.

I uh...gotta say, wouldn't mind if she got raped by a pack of Muslims, just saying...

That episode was where I stopped watching the Simpsons. I hated a lot about that episode, but something that set off my autism the worst was that Bart's incredible drumming and Lisa's incredible saxophone should have been something that brought them together as musicians. Not to mention that Homer is canonically a good pianist. Music obviously runs in their family, and I guess as a person for whom that is the same (my dad is a keyboard player, I'm a guitarist, my sister is a singer, we all write songs [not together]) it kind of bugged me that this wasn't an opportunity for growth and change in the Simpsons family.

But whatever I'm Comic Book Guy, right, Simpsons staff?

Mabel is the wrong kind of character for a show with some minimum level of continuity and seriousness. She's like Bender from Futurama, a selfish psychotic who only cares about having fun, yet we're supposed to take her seriously as Dipper's loving sister.

she's fiine, I just hate her role in the story.

The consensus during season 1 in GFGs was that she was a perfect loli who could do no wrong.

The further the show pushed her character into unlikable territory and gave her no real consequences, the more Sup Forums turned against her.

>Little bundle of joy and happiness
But that's not a picture of Raggedy Ann user

I only like Mabel when she's lusting after her brother (sexually).

Attached: 1486956809286.png (1024x1070, 1.18M)

>And the gook said Dubs will provide. And they did!
I never thought of it that way. I'm bummed now.

shes cute and charming but needs to take her brothers wants and needs into account more

Attached: 1520056718511.gif (420x380, 1000K)

It has been canonically established that Mabel is for hugs, not for fugs

Fox did

I want to RAPE Mabel....against her will!

Attached: 1227934690551.png (760x950, 163K)

Huh, never knew Homer was good at piano. They just squandered a potential family band episode solely for a status quo that literally wouldn't have changed at all even if they didn't try to uphold it in this case.

I mean... she's voiced by Kristen Schaal.

spoonfeed source please

Attached: antmdrewelliot.png (386x545, 325K)

>what is wrong with you guys
faggots who identify too closely with Dipper and keep insisting that cartoons obey real world ethos

No, Lisa is just tiresome

OP it's Sup Forums what the fuck do you expect -_-

She feels like an incomplete character. Like they set her up to have some big character arc but nah. Though I don't know why Mabel specifically gets all the hate considering it's not like Gravity Falls has a good cast of characters to begin with, and she's at least more fun than the lot of them.

Attached: n109pg0dTo1tnqxspo.gif (500x281, 161K)

Daily reminder that Dipper was the better sibling.

Daily reminder that Dipper had actual character development and the only times he regressed were due to Mabel (bringing out old Wendy photos and Imaginary Wendy in Mabel's bubble)

Attached: GravityFalls_JoePitt_02-653x1024.jpg (653x1024, 124K)

annoying self centered bitch who got way too out of control thanks to normies liking "quirky" little girl characters

Because this is Sup Forums.

No, I don't mean that in as 'Sup Forums posters are edgy, contrarian and hateful'. I mean that many of us have had our initial hopes and dreams shattered along the way in our life, occasionally by siblings.

Personal example from when I was an innocent, albeit arrogant and shitty for different reasons, teenager:

>be GCSE student, fucking ace my exams.
>teachers tell you you've got a bright future ahead of you
>final older sibling has left for university
>start A levels
>also start going well
>tell parents I want to go to top tier university, and I have the grades for it
>'sure user, go for it'
>final oldest sibling drops out of university, didn't revise for exams properly, flunked them
>admitted they were never really interested in subject
>also did deal with student loans properly
>now has to pay accomodation, lump sum to student finance, and to university (because they left in the most damaging fucking temper tantrum ever) all in one go
>needless to say, family finances are ruined
>get told on eve of next exams that 'sorry, can't go to university you've been swotting for'
>become completely apathetic about them, get average passes
>sibling cracks down on youtube hobby, says it's 'distracting for her'
>breaks my fucking laptop, that couldn't get replaced until last year
>harasses me when I do work
>parents do fuck all, because sibling is 'depressed', instead of just a clinical bitch
>despite mum actually being depressed, and the dissimilarity being glaring
>sister retries at local uni, do another subject they give zero shits about, all while bitching how students are terrible
>go to same local uni a year later, can't do course I wanted, can't go to same uni as friends, teachers ended up remarking how much of a lazy disappointment I was

>bump into sibling's classmates in first year
>they're a lazy mf
>don't really do group projects
>bitch about foreign students all the time

cont

All about the natural redheads breh.
Also this.

MUH DICK!

Attached: 1520479244804.jpg (480x475, 14K)

Daily reminder that Alex actively hates giving female characters any kind of development and goes out of his way to ensure they never actually grow

Hey, where are you? I want to see the rest of this pasta

>did I mention they had to resit a year?
>Nearly twice?
>Somehow pulls a 2:1 out their ass in third year
>struggling with, admittedly harder than intended, subject that wasn't my choice, due to modules I'm not interest in and aren't my choice, and probably not going to get 1st anymore
>my sheet of paper will be equal to, or worse than, the sack of shit's piece of paper, who unapologetically shat on my dreams
>fine, whatever

>later find out that parents nearly divorced due to personal issues caused by that crazy debt

Granted, I love my current uni (and am actually doing pretty well), but goddamn. They faced no repurcussions whatsoever for that bullshit, and any time I got a glimmer of success, they completely destroyed it. I'm not sure I would have like the posh twats I'd have to associate with had this not happened, and I'm still pissed.

I would like to point out that I love Mabel, and I didn't join the dots on 'sibling ruins dream of sibling' until later, simply because of the fact that Mabel has an actual personality (rather than a set of character defects, and an everchanging diet they announce with zealous conviction).

But yeah, Sup Forums gets triggered on anything that conveys a sense of unfairness about their personal life

TL;DR I theorise Sup Forums (or some of it) dislikes Mabel, because her callous (if innocent) nature reminds them of the callous and cruel actions of others in their own lives, that those people never answered for.

People probably wouldn’t hate her as much if Dipper stayed in Gravity Falls with Ford. I mean at least let him have that

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 78K)

CTRL + F, TL;DR

Coincidence?

Attached: 2dollarsacall.png (369x256, 93K)

Mabel is love. Mabel is life

It's not like that had to be the only way Bill came into reality.

>annoying
>"quirky"
Ding ding ding. At lleast someone ITT knows what they're talking about.

I think Dipper made that decision willingly.

No, it never was a bad idea until she planted the seed of doubt to him. If she had said "that's great dipper!" he'd have went right into it and had fun, it's his dream.

>staying cooped up in a basement being a nerd
was never even a fucking issue since they'd be going out and exploring the nature and shit of GF and maybe even eventually more

No one will post incest?
Whit thread

Going off of how the show ended, am I NOT supposed to believe Mabel was drawing a bead on her Dipper?

Attached: There is no personal space between twins.png (546x918, 267K)

How long until Mabel simply rapes her brother?

Attached: 1484733222895.png (500x500, 83K)

>drawing a bead on her Dipper
what does that even mean?

they're twins. they literally shared the womb at the same time and were born together. what kind of sick fuck would try and sexualize their relationship?

Dipper must have left Mabel in the bubble after understanding that she has taken advantage of him all their life

Then Mabel would appear in the new series as the antagonist

Attached: dk187.png (250x315, 110K)

Because her purity and virginity was taken by a fucking pig

She was herding him into a position that makes him more receptive to any possible attempts at romance on her part.

Mable was a horrible slut and never improved as a character at all. However I must confess that a lot of development for characters ended up going backwards at the end, like Dipper. Fell in love with wendy a giant slut more than once

I liked this show when it was airing and even in retrospect it's fine and funny, but Dipper was pretty dull and badly handled, too. Only Stan was well handled and he seemed like the only character the writers were actually invested in, everyone else seemed to bore them.

>Who else was glad Mabel allowed Bill to fuck shit up around? The show was about to end and I'd be pretty bored if there wasn't some sort of wacky conclusion.

It's been said here before but they just dropped the ball with Mabel. They had a huge dramatic scene that is literally forgotten about. Not only does she learn nothing but she seems much more shitty than she usually does when she tries to replace Dipper with a totally different brother and tells the whole world to fuck off. It undermines their relationship and the good things she has done before. Replace EfR with something good where she faces some things and learns and grows and the whole series is much better for it and so is Mabel's character. The writers failed her. And really every character but Stan.

Attached: 3ca9d1c77728c4146172e5228625f3ed.gif (409x264, 1.72M)

>they're twins. they literally shared the womb at the same time and were born together. what kind of sick fuck would try and sexualize their relationship?

Pinecest was four times as popular as that Padippica and Wendip stuff so I guess everybody who watched the show did.

It is kind of gross but it's also just a cartoon show. No real incest was happening.

Attached: dp.jpg (320x320, 36K)

It's kind of funny that in real life it was apparently the exact opposite (unless you see Mabel as the Alex Hirsch self-insert, which is possible) with Alex's sister wanting to be a doctor but forgoing her dreams so Alex could learn to draw cartoons. Well, I'm sure it was more complicated than that but I feel bad for her.

>She was herding him into a position that makes him more receptive to any possible attempts at romance on her part.
how do you do that?

it was cute as fuck. Mabel's upbeat personality gelled pretty well with Dippers lowkey, friendly nature.

Attached: 1453073848877.png (561x543, 356K)

>It is kind of gross
i hate tumblr

mabel isn't even that good of a loli, and her incest game is weak as shit nigga. once you see the light
>pic related
you realize how shit gravity falls shipping really is

Attached: saved.png (1280x720, 1024K)

tumblr needs to fucking leave.

this.

Attached: chestero cheeto.jpg (269x253, 15K)

>implying that harem is better than one on one soulmates
I'd take Mabel's shit personality over so many one dimensional personalities you can shove them all in an envelope together.

Lisa was good at the being of the show. She just suffered particularly hard from flanderization.
I personally like Mabel but I can see why so many people are frustrated that she acts super selfish so often and is still treated like she's always right.

lets just skip the chat and post what you actually came here

Attached: 11269480_1393746797620104_1652957464_n.jpg (480x480, 30K)

Woah there nigger, keep your dumb family life on your blog. People just don't like author's pets, its the equal and opposite of how likeable characters made to be shat on like pic related are usually the most relatable.

Attached: 92d83049fe2d611bb0c8b909e9a5d0d4d64a860c31336f92da34d44e75621c27.png (640x480, 158K)

I would, but there's so little art of it.

Attached: The Boy and the Spider.png (563x576, 493K)

I like seeing lewds of her because she striked me as the kind of girl that would be up for anything just for kicks, but past that, she was super annoying and dipper constantly had to sacrifice shit for her and never got anything back from it.

kden

Attached: 1446414984899.png (500x500, 176K)

Attached: eat my heart out 22 tumblr_inline_mnbu76PmbB1qz4rgp.jpg (500x416, 120K)

>pretty sure that is cropped since He was eating something else

Attached: 7ad4921967071312ea222a2a68ee18c5.png (1024x813, 1.28M)

>No art/stories about the evil twins taking the original ones as pets
The most obvious idea and it's never touched

Indeed, what could possibly be wrong with the dullest franchise in the history of cartoon franchises? Seriously each episode following the Pine twins and their pals from the mystery shack as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of after effects, all to make mystery unmysterious, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Alex vetoed the idea of focusing on paranormal stuff; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his Twitter account. Gravity Falls might be anti-christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Xfiles in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the characters were good though
"No!"
The lines are dreadful; the characters were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a new character might have been useful to the plot it was instead turned into a comic relief.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that happened. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Hirsch's mind is so governed by pop-culture references and dead memes that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Gravity Falls by the same Pendleton Ward. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these manchildren are watching Gravity Falls at 18 or 22, then when they get older they will go on to watch Adventure Time." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Gravity Falls" you are, in fact, trained to watch Adventure Time.

Attached: weg2.jpg (1100x500, 354K)

fan art always makes dipper incredibly pretty. like, they give him the looks of a movie star. i know he's "pretty cute" in canon, but isnt he just kinda average aesthetically?

Well there's a lot of things that could say weather or not he's more or less average or pretty, but I think the most relevant thing is that people don't wanna draw ugly people to fap to

And that's why grooming gangs were allowed to continue raping. Because they don't know better. Wow

I might be more receptive if Mabel weren’t such a goddamn needy little shit.

Harem is cancer and the only one worth a damn is Lucy, although granted, Lucy is a bundle of repressed joy.

>lisa episode where gumbleeder dies
she has good moments

"Pretty" is often the "default attractiveness level" in art.

Lisa is fucking shit though. I like Mabel and Bart for pretty much the same reasons (both are fun characters but also a little dumb and outshined by a sibling) so I don't get that parallel.

Dipper's fucking shite and boring and him pining for Wendy was one of the most annoying and tiresome things about the show, why you faggots care so much about him is beyond me. Mabel is far from perfect or even far from being a decent person but at least she's somewhat interesting as a protagonist.