You can't go back

We'll never get to revisit a time where cape shit was more than recycled Disney trash.

web hand reaching for Gwen > MCU/DCEU

Attached: Oh Dear.jpg (1046x1500, 527K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WfV-0Yv5vNY
youtube.com/watch?v=7zYB1PLjKv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The web hand was fucking stupid

first one was ok, their biggest mistake at that point was they were still wringing their hands over whether it was a prelude to raimi’s movies or its own continuity which is what they eventually decided on. the hate over that suit was honestly blown out of proportion on Sup Forums imo. asm2 looked great but the plot was like a soggy pizza, no substance and all strands

>it was a prelude to raimi’s movies
that was literally never a thing

>We'll never get to revisit a time where cape shit was more than recycled Disney trash.
>uses fucking Amazing Spider-Man as an example
wew

they made a very big deal about it during preproduction about it being the “untold story” of his fledgling career

ASM was trash and Garfield was a terrible Peter Parker

While the web hand was stupid, it'll likely be the only time we will see Gwen Stacy die on screen. Disney will puss out if Gwen is the love interest again.

The bigger warning is that movies with extensive cinematic universe setups can severely damage a brand.

This is really unfortunate because it actually could have been kinda interesting to see where they were going on some of the parent stuff.

>Garfield was a terrible Peter Parker

This.

He came off as the exact opposite of what Peter should be.

You don't cast a basic chad as Peter Parker.

The "untold story" shit was just marketing nonsense to get people interested in what was blatantly an unnecessary reboot made to hold onto the rights. It also alluded to the shit with Peter's parents, but that was only hinted at in the first one and when it came back in the second, it sucked.

I don't get why they couldn't just retcon ASM as being part of the MCU instead of doing ANOTHER reboot.

Because it was badly received which was the reason they gave it back to marvel in the first place

ASM 2 really shat the bed with setting up plot points that Disney might be hesitant to use.

god, did anyone actually have any sort of interest in the whole “Parkers were CIA agents” plotline or any derivation of it since the comics? it never made any sense to me why people would care

The Parkers being super CIA agents (and if they went the Ultimate route: creators of venom) would actually throw a HUGE wrench into the MCU timeline that wouldn't be easily explained away.

there were rumors that the oscorp building was going to be a part of the cgi skyline in some shots of Stark tower but they never finalized any kind of deal yet, and by the time they did start discussing a crossover the effects department was pretty much done and it would take too long to insert it anyways

They initially thought about it. But Garfield snubbed a studio exec and was basically fired.

Seriously, Sony had internal discussions and was serious about recasting the role for ASM 3. It just worked out that the Marvel deal worked out and Holland was cast.

Amazing Spiderman 2 is legitimately one of the worst blockbusters I've ever seen. I would've been seriously pissed off if I paid to see it.

>Garfield was a terrible Peter Parker

This. Also a giant diva/dick to people. It's the reason why his career has mostly tanked outside of indies.

because the movies were trash

Amazing was very similar to 3 in that it had a few moments of pure kino that were ultimately spoiled by being thrown in with a bunch of other trash.
Sony exec's just can't get it through their heads that 'more scenes that tested positively with audience= better movie".

I hate the movie, but I'll still watch the first ten minutes they uploaded to Youtube every now and then and think about what might have been.
youtu.be/WfV-0Yv5vNY

Why integrate a badly received movie when you can start fresh and have complete control over a new story?

Remember, Disney/Marvel can basically do no wrong at this point. Anything they touch will be perceived as gold, just or not.

Doesn't help that Parker Luck wasn't really a thing either. Which I'm not saying Peter has to be a fuckup, but he is constantly given life's challenges to grow

People that defend this movies and say that MCU Spidey sucks should should be allowed to make threads, its almost as retarded as the delusional cucks saying that MoS is a "cinematic masterpiece kino xD".

I think Garfield was pure 60's-70's Parker, back when he was less of a working class hero and more of a soap opera star.
Not exactly likable but it pissed me off when casuals who grew up on Tobey McGuire were saying 'it wasn't true to the comics'.

Attached: PjWtmlv.png (586x565, 960K)

Man, how do you mess up so much while getting so many other things right?
Like god damn I'm just now noticing how good the THWIPS sound.
And FUCK the haters I liked the soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=7zYB1PLjKv0

The only good thing to come out of this ill-conceived series was the aSM2 outfit.

Attached: main.jpg (1798x1348, 277K)

It's the perfect suit and now no one will ever use it again because exec will think it's one of the reasons the movie failed.

Attached: Gtgetting+angry+over+something+that+isnt+in+anybodys+control+_566b364191701244f9e4d1edbe0784ab.jpg (600x560, 19K)

ah user, please dont bring up old wounds.

I may like Holland and dont mind the new suit, but the ASM2 suit is just perfect. Its Reeves Superman level of perfect (in terms of costume)