Explain to me why making Elsa gay isn't the dumbest decision ever?

A: She is a catholic
B:It takes place in the 1800s so she would be killed or something because of it.
C:It would effect foreign and domestic
box office
D:Why can't she just be aromantic

Attached: ElsaHans2.png (565x250, 195K)

Because it's the XXI century and she can have sex with her sister if she wants you bigot

>B:It takes place in the 1800s so she would be killed or something because of it.
Queen Victoria didn't even acknowledge that lesbianism existed. It was male homosexuals who suffered most. It's always been male homosexuals who suffered most. You know, the sort of people who the lesbian academics class as almost as bad as straight males.

1. There are gay Catholics out there. Milo Yiannapoulos is one.
2. There were gay members of royalty at that time, like Mad King Ludwig. Granted, they weren't open about it, but they were still there. In fact, Ludwig himself was Catholic.

The other two are reasonable issues.

>A: She is a catholic
>B:It takes place in the 1800s so she would be killed or something because of it.
She was already hunted as a witch due to her powers and they really couldn't do jack shit to stop her. Do you think she gives a shit what the church thinks?

Hell. It worked for the Borgias and the Ptolomeic rulers before them.

>they really couldn't do jack shit to stop her
They literally captured her and chained her in the dungeon. Hans could have murdered her at any time but Disney said fuck logic so they could have their lame villain reveal.

It isn't. Domestic sales from virtue signaling morons will more than make up for it, and no one respects the source material.
They deserved it more.
Yiannopolos is a charlatan who will say anything for attention, he's no catholic, and he's probably not gay either.

When did they make her gay?

A: There is nothing to suggest that she is Catholic and Norway switched to Protestant
B: If you think you can kill of royalty like that then you are really mistaken
C: No it wouldn't
D: Because

Are you by any chance American?

Attached: 1482080579340.png (600x549, 288K)

>It takes place in the 1800s so she would be killed or something because of it.

She's more likely to be killed for being a literal sorceress.

But yeah, most aromantic women in the old days were just secret lesbians, sharing houses with "other aromantic women".

Elsa being doesn't mean she is going to have open relations with a woman. Homosexuality has been around since ancient times.

I don't think she'll be getting a love in the sequel in the sequel, if that's what you're worried about. I don't think the Ice Queen had a partner in the story. She was more of a deity than a fleshed out character.

Besides it feels off-character, there is nothing dumb about it.
But i have the feeling its more like a yuri/incest/lesbian/gay fan pandering. If they think that needs to be addressed and generates in more sales, they should go that route.

Technically, the locals still did.

+ Making her gay would make the film 'important' which is always worth a ~10% RT boost.

- Merchandise sales could plummet as Elsa costumes and shit could be seen as a declaration of being gay (ironically this could hurt sales amongst both liberals and conservatives).

He's married to his black boyfriend, but you'll dismiss him as a person, saying he isn't a "true gay man" because he offends your sensibilities.

You're pathetic my man.

>she is a catholic
uhhh source? and before you say because she's based off a danish-norwegian ruler, that area of scandinavia is lutheran

Did you completely skip her coronation scene?

>why making Elsa gay isn't the dumbest decision ever?
That will be +16 in China and Russia just 4 that, that's why, they shouldn't care about other shit

>She is a catholic

She is Lutheran

Attached: Screenshot_20180317-151902.jpg (999x1183, 209K)

Have you ever been to a Lutheran service, my dude?

>Explain to me why making Pocahontas fall in love with John Smith isn't the dumbest decision ever
>Explain to me why making Tiana and Lottie friends in pre-Civil Rights America isn't the dumbest decision ever
>explain why Ariel not dissolving into mist at the end isn't the dumbest decision ever
>explain why Mulan getting back after the war to find that her parents are already dead isn't the dumbest decision ever
>explain why Prince Philip's mother not being a cannibalistic ogre isn't the dumbest decision ever

Attached: really activates the almonds.jpg (800x800, 47K)

It's been years but my pastor never wore a fancy hat.

Religion isn't really a thing in Disney movies
She almost ruined and killed her people for a power trip but they pardonned her. I think she's fine.
>C:It would effect foreign and domestic
>box office
Quite possibly positively. But you never know.
>D:Why can't she just be aromantic
Not as much of a statement I suppose..

I can't because you're absolutely right. Have more Elsa.

Attached: 1513591767866.jpg (1275x1650, 1.03M)

Attached: 1493943282389.png (856x643, 299K)

A. What does that have to do with it? Is she even catholic? The church they used for the coronation didn't look very Catholic from what I remember.
B. She's royalty, it would be an open secret but nobody would do much as long as she has an heir or two. If she even got shit for it, that is. Most lesbians could get away with passing lovers off as very good friends in the 1800s.
C. The attention from the shitstorm would still be attention.
D. FUCK no. You'd need to explain that to the fucking audience and I won't sit through another asexual Todd thing.

Attached: 1497947727946.png (1276x1743, 3.18M)

She's not a catholic, she's a lutheran.

But it'd be dumb as fuck because it'd alienate and anger most of Disney's most lucrative clients; the parents. Also she's shown no signs of being into women so why.

Most likely she'll get a male love interest. Around the same time Disney will release a completely unrelated thing that'll have an openly gay side character, who will be hailed as super progressive

She's not.

Journalists asked the director about what she thinks about all this push for gay Elsa, she avoided saying it's never gonna happen and went with "we'll certainly think of every possibility, nothing is certain, I make no promises", which was translated into "director is open to possibility of gay Elsa" because of clickbait.

She's not gonna be gay. People are just deluding themselves

>A&B
She has ridiculously OP ice powers, and owns a nation which has an army. No one would be stupid enough to try and assassinate her over something so trivial. There were plenty of gay kings in history, they just kept it on the DL and nobody cared.

>C
Maybe a bit, though I don't know of any hard numbers to back up that claim. The only regions likely to reject a disney movie due to sexuality are the Middle East and Eastern Europe, neither of which are big in the box office anyways.

>D
she could I would prefer that honestly but it's DISNEY. She WILL end up with somebody.

They captured her after she fucked herself. Them once imprisoned she fucking left anyways.

If she wanted she'd take over the world

>being this much of an autistic asshat.
fuck off back to /u/ you waste of space.

Attached: Discribing (you) in a nutshell.jpg (772x1117, 123K)

>If you think you can kill of royalty like that then you are really mistaken.
Tell that to Henry the VI, the Romanovs, Alexandre I and his wife.
>No it wouldn't
as if you have proof.

The only solution is to make Helsa canon.

Attached: a466f5c1-71d3-45d8-b845-bba985785d93.jpg (900x768, 268K)

Would it matter. Like actually matter to anyone?

Because who cares about the setting, LGBT shit sells super well nowadays and tumbl will rekt all those who think otherwise.

>It takes place in the 1800s so she would be killed or something because of it.
She's rich and nobility, being gay is literally the least degenerate thing rich nobility have done in the 1800s.

Attached: Marquis De Sade.jpg (500x700, 205K)

Can they make her a nudist girl instead?

They did that when they retconned Beauty and the Beast.

The burden of proof is on the asshole making baseless claims.

Confirmed faglover. Tell that shit to Alan Turing.

They gotta do something to attract all the kids whose minds have been warped by those weird YouTube videos.

The gayest of the christian faiths.
Still existed if persecuted.
>C:It would effect foreign and domestic box office
Yes, sales matter, not making the movie you think should be made.
She could, though I like how after 100 years of disney romance that's suddenly a problem.

It doesn't even take place on our earth, so why would first two reasons matter.

She'd be embarassed

Attached: 1393878440416.jpg (762x668, 83K)

Did what? Are you actually comparing live action Lefou to Elsa, Disney's biggest merchandising cashcow since the Lion King?

Lefou isn't a princess protagonist. He hasn't sold billions of dollars worth of merch, nor has he been the most popular Halloween outfit for little girls or boys for two years running or anything like that. In fact, I don't think any merch of him exists. They are in very, very different leagues, character-wise, and you know it.

Disney can afford to turn Lefou kinda gay by having him dance with some dude in the background for a couple of seconds, because no-one gives a shit about Lefou. If he'd have been dropped completely from the live-action version no-one would have noticed, even.

Yeah, but Milo's a cunt.

Also, declaring anyone nicknamed 'Mad King' as a decent example is probably a bad idea.

Hear, hear

Attached: 81kJR8nyyaL._SL1261_.jpg (1000x1261, 323K)

>she would be killed or something
The Queen? Are you kidding me? It would be swept under the rug or at worst be a public secret.
>She is a catholic
???

>Why can't she just be aromantic
She can.
>It would effect foreign and domestic
box office
Yes. Which is why she won't be revealed to be gay or something. Where are you getting this from?

Sorry, never mind, I realise what you meant now . My bad.

... yes, they turned a side character gay and were hailed as progressive. But he was live action. They might do it again and have an animated character turn gay in a different movie around the same time they release Frozen 2 just to distract people from being too disappointed that Elsa isn't gay after all.

>Tell that shit to Alan Turing.
Alan Turing wasn't a Queen. In the traditional sense.

>But it'd be dumb as fuck because it'd alienate and anger most of Disney's most lucrative clients; the parents.
Parents are mostly millennials nowadays, so it would probably be fine.
>Also she's shown no signs of being into women so why.
This is true though and should be considered when writing a story.

The Nordics have all been Lutheran, not catholic, since the 1500s ffs. Also Lutheran bishops wear hats like that. Geez.

Irrelevant. He was a brilliant and respected man. Being high and mighty doesn't keep you safe from execution or murder, user. How many leaders are killed for petty shit? Elsa isn't safe because of her position, unless she's seen as a divine figure above their customs.

>unless she's seen as a divine figure above their customs.
Isn't she though?

Andrew Sullivan is a gay Catholic. He's fairly high profile in terms of writers.

Well, to be fair, she’s shown no fair of being attracted to men either.

Explain how a woman being strong and independent necessarily means she is a lesbian. How does that follow? Is there some sexuality hopskotch taking place that needs explaining?

For a moment let's pretend that homosexuals and lesbians are emotional and reasonable functioning people and can be displayed in a story without stretch:

If a character works as a stereotype then their story becomes shallow. Everything is a continuation of a generalization rather than the unique character. So, the drama of a story generates nothing new or interesting. If a character works as a set of contradictions then their story becomes complex. Varieties of interpretations become possible and generate more criticism. And the drama, over time, develops merit. But if one of those contradictions becomes resolved by having a peculiar trait shaping the rest of the character then the character resorts back to being a stereotype. What's up with that?

No matter how you spin it, we end up doing the same thing, creating a stereotype thereby stifling the story. It's bad enough we're using a stereotype that comes from a behavior that is unversially accepted as wrong or extremely vain, but to do that with character that has the potential of developing merit like so many of the other Disney Characters is shameful if not a disgusting.

Yeah, making the ice sorceress gay is waaaaay too unrealistic for the time period in this fictional movie. What would the trolls and talking snowmen think of that?

She's a royal and her people love her. It's not like they know the secret workings of her romantic life.

Does any of this matter?

Attached: 10231375.jpg (1150x1234, 587K)

A romantic what?

Because the America comic exists, and that will forever bee the dumbest decision ever.
that being said, making Elsa a lesbian is probably in the top five dumbest decisions.

can she be naked instead?

I didn't see her worshiping the pope and 50 billion "saints"

>needing to have an heir
Her sister is straight. Elsa's niece or nephew would be next in line for the throne.

Plenty of gay Catholics out there.

Would this be before or after she brings down a neverending winter on whoever tried to stop her?

>C:It would effect foreign and domestic box office

"China won't watch Black Panther, it'll flop!"

I donno man. Personally I feel like the gayness was fine left as subtext, but if Disney want to go full homo with her, does it matter? These are mostly mediocre films either way.

>making Elsa gay
You say it like they were heading for a hetero story to begin with... Well they were at early concept stages when it still bore some semblance to the Andersen's Ice Queen. But then someone at the meeting table said, "well if she's a queen doesn't it means she was a princess once?" and you don't need to beg Disney to grieenlight yet another princess. So they all jumped onto the idea and I imagine it didn't took too long to metaphorize her ice powers with "something different you were born with and which makes you a pariah"... So, if you ask me Elsa was gay from basically the moment of the inception of Frozen as it came to be in the end.

>Why can't she just be aromantic
She kinda is. a gay aromantic

Not really or a big point of the movie never would have happened.

>There is nothing to suggest that she is Catholic and Norway switched to Protestant
Well she's living in a fictional country so...

Why can't she be aromatic?

Attached: mfcd00003009-medium.png (172x200, 14K)

Back in the 1800's the only people considered a woman bringing another woman to orgasm and have intimate companionship was a sexual romance were the ones doing it, and even then only some. Everyone else, including many lesbians, just saw it as gals being pals and completely harmless so long as she shits out an heir for her husband

Don't freak out now, but what if I told you that homosexuality as we understand is not really a thing/is just starting to become a thing in the early 19th century? Yeah religious material is condemning sodomy and the like but it would seem that in most instances the penetrated was thought of as in the wrong, and women are in a whole other category of "Wrong but who cares" Nobody is going to kill a queen because she's fucking a girl, it'd be brushed under the rug and unacknowledged unless it become prudent to use it against her for her doing something more fucked. Also all these people talking about the non-sexual queens being lesbians...Most of them had courtiers that by all appearances were sexual partners or romantic partners, they are not getting married due to politics it has nothing to do with sexual proclivities. A royal marriage is for royal children.

>Gay Jew Greek Catholic
Its a small miracle he hasn't been savagely beaten by any number of groups yet.

>>Explain to me why making Pocahontas fall in love with John Smith isn't the dumbest decision ever

That was a dumb idea that negatively effected the film though.

>If she wanted she'd take over the world
Elsa jobbed pretty hard to a few soldiers with crossbows.