Wait so let me get this straight. The Avengers have fought:

Wait so let me get this straight. The Avengers have fought:

>The God of Mischief
>A dark elf who was going to destroy the universe
>An army of killer AI robots
>A demon who controls an entire dimension
>A planet
>The Goddess of Death

But I’m supposed to believe a purple spaceman can threaten all of them?

Attached: 6DCC2E4E-3376-431F-B9E8-BAE751325C4C.png (1136x640, 556K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Theta_Protocol
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/StarWarsExpandedUniverse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The God of Mischief
He was literally always pretending to be retarded
>A dark elf who was going to destroy the universe
Nobody cares about pre-Ragnarok Thor
>An army of killer AI robots
Made out of paper and directed by Joss Whedon
Yeah I'm not sure why Dormammu doesn't just kill Thanos
>A planet
A stupid planet
>The Goddess of Death
Fair

Is that from the new God of War?

Why would Dormammu care about Thanos?

But he has a super fist.

The Avengers did not fight him

He's got the power ups

>A planet

has anyone talked about Peter being part Celestial and how that might play into the Thanos fight

Dormammu's agreement with Strange keeps him away from Earth, and before that, Dormammu only cared about Earth. Which is why the Sanctums were there.

It's explicitly stated that as long as Ego's planet exists, Peter can draw from the light. The planet is gone. What's more you see the light fade from his hands.

Read a book Sup Forums faggot

sorry it's been a minute since i saw GOTG 2

Are you also one of those faggots that say netflix shows stories can't be taken serously due to the fact that Rocket Racoon exists in the MCU

Well Netflix isn’t canon so....

He's no longer part celestial since Ego died.

He has a huge army and two Infinity Stones right out the gate ...

What I want to know is why doesn't he just nuke the planet with the Power Stone. Is he afraid it would destroy the other Infinity Stones? Is that even possible?

Thor didn't even win against hela in a fight, he had to destroy asgard completly

Blame the Nova Corps. Thanos gets his first stone from them, the Power Stone. Without that initial boost, he would just be a giant purple space mad man

Split the boards in two and fuse with Sup Forums we would have Anime and Cartoons and Comics and Manga and maybe make a capeshit bored to discuss adaptations

Attached: 1.jpg (576x768, 103K)

This is the worst idea ever. Sup Forums is a terrible place.

You probably think Aos isn't canon too.

Attached: gwen eye roll.png (404x404, 216K)

Manga and Comics are the same thing, same with Anime and Cartoons, there's no point to not having them together, also if you post on Sup Forums you have a temporary ban from other boreds

Why are moviefags so incredibly retarded

It isnt. None of the TV stuff is.

AoS literally has a hand in Age of Ultron, you dense motherfucker.

No it didn’t. The movie didn’t mention the show at all.

It’s a one way canon. TV mentions the movies but the movies don’t mention TV. Since the movies are the main canon, that renders the TV non-canon.

The Nova corps were always chumps, their whole thing is to get BTFO'd so Rich can get the power and become Nova and then later they get BTFO'd again so Rich can become a badass.

>Moving goalposts

>what are event tie-ins
You know for a board that's for comics, a lot of you don't seem to know how they work.

This is movies, not comics.

Not an argument.

>MUH MUH GOALPOSTS NOT AN ARGUMENT WAHHHHH

They're really not the same thing. Even if they were, I don't think any of the users want to associate with their counterparts.

It’s not an argument because I didn’t move goalposts. I explained why it’s not canon

>AoS literally has a hand in Age of Ultron
Fanfiction doesn't count. You got any actual proof?

>HEEHEE I SURE GOT YOU RETARD, BY SAYING I DIDN'T MOVE GOALPOSTS I HID MY OBJECTIVE OF MOVING GOALPOSTS xD

Yes.

Oh you’re going full retard now.

Yeah, aside from Dormamu, Thanos can beat any of those villains even without the gauntlet. Also, the Avengers didn't fight most of those.

You did that first by moving goalposts

What goalpost did I move?

As retarded as his reasoning was, it's not moving goalposts. "Moving goalposts" doesn't mean "is wrong". Stop sperging out.

>says its not canon
>someone provides a reason on why it's canon
>UHH ACTUALLY! THEY NEED TO DO THIS FOR IT TO BE CANON
>not moving goalposts

Are you actually retarded?

Again, that's not what moving goalposts is. It's all in the topic of what is and isn't canon. Stop being retarded, and stop making me defend someone who is wrong.

Considering that nothing from the show has been mentioned in the movies and things only appear in the show after they appear in the movies, the movies are canon to the show and not vice-versa. Nothing that happens in the shows has an effect on the movies, because chronologically in real life, the movies set the precedent, not the other way around. The show explaining what the mini-blowtorch Fury used in WS doesn't mean that the movie failed to fucking explain what was an essential plot device and take a small fumble as a movie for it. Fury having a fucking Helicarrier in AoU is stupid, but makes sense enough when his entire deal is secrecy and making a fuckton of Helicarriers. It being elaborated on in an episode of AoS doesn't make AoS canon to AoU, only the inverse.

If someone claims to have a brother but literally nobody else in the family acknowledges that person, then yeah, that guy IS related to them, but for all intensive purposes, the family doesn't count them as part of them.

Newsflash; current Sup Forums is far worse

That's funny. Have you been to Sup Forums?

>Yeah I'm not sure why Dormammu doesn't just kill Thanos
Literally what threat could Thanos even pose to him at all

>Hasn't gone to either Sup Forums or Sup Forums

Attached: 1521066131614.gif (512x384, 496K)

Could Thanos kill, or permanently seal away, Dormammu if he collects all the Infinity Stones?

Yeah, this. Dormamu is in an entirely different league to Thanos. Even with the Gauntlet, Thanos doesn't even blip Dormamu's radar.

So is the entire Star Wars EU non-canon? Also why the fuck do you care about this so much?

Like 99 percent of EUs have no effect on their sources. That's the whole point of an EU, to fill in the blanks.

No, the stones only have power in the universe they belong to. Outside that universe they're just rocks. Dormamu represents an entire dimension, and more than that his dimension isn't a part of any one universe, it's just one of him across the multiverse.

>So is the entire Star Wars EU non-canon?
Unrelated, but yes. It used to be canon, which is why that guy is wrong, but it's not canon now.

>the movies are canon to the show and not vice-versa
But if nothing in the shows actively contradicts things establised in the movies, couldn't that mean the shows are still techinically canon to them? Like, they're as much canon as they aren't

I mean the new one you fucking retard. Thanks for adding a useless stipend to a conversation you weren't involved in.

Not him, but Theta Protocol, AND The fact that Coulson and Co track Dr List to Sokovia, where they rescue Deathlok and Lincoln Campbell. Coulson literally tells Maria Hill "Time to bring in The Avengers" once they have his final location. Which is where Age of Ultron opens.

marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Theta_Protocol

Netflix shows can't be taken seriously because, ironically, of how hard they're trying to take themselves seriously.

There is no new Star Wars EU. Current ongoing shows are a continuation of the previous non-canon EU. I get that you're mad about your internet argument but when you get snarky like that it just makes you look stupid when you get counterpointed.

I really wish we could murder all idiots who suggest utterly moronic ideas like yours.

>New set of novels
>New set of comics
>New set of internet shorts
>New story team to make sure that everything produced after 2014 exists under the same banner

Here's a list of the literal hundreds of new works they've produced

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/StarWarsExpandedUniverse

But nah, cause Clone Wars was a thing 4 years ago, the whole thing is invalid

Yep.

>one Dormamu fends off infinite Doctor Stranges
>people seriously think Thanos is anywhere near this level

No it fucking isn't

>>The God of Mischief
Who's power has never been his defining attribute. His mischief has. Power wise he's easily dealt with.
>>A dark elf who was going to destroy the universe
He actually had ONE of the Infinity gems by the time Thor had any trouble with him. And prior to that he really had nothing but his army and his gravity grenades to make him a threat. He was killed due to fluctuations in gravity caused by the Convergence - exploited by super scientists.
>>An army of killer AI robots
Ultron himself took Vision - with an Infinity Gem, Thor and Iron Man to kill. Then the Hulk knocked him out of a jet and THEN Wanda tore out his "heart". So yeah, fairly OP in the scheme of things.
>>A demon who controls an entire dimension
Doctor Strange literally died untold dozens of times and didn't lay a finger on him. He had to out smart him, and still used an Infinity Gem to do it.
>>A planet
Peter using the very same power to keep him busy while Groot detonated a nuke inside him. That power no longer exists
>>The Goddess of Death
Who is now, for all intents and purposes dead herself due to ancient prophecy mumbo jumbo

Now none of what I just mentioned will work on Thanos. There is no gravity fluctuations. No mischief. No giant exposed weak point for Groot to nuke. No outwitting him. HE has the gems

That's what makes him a threat. Nothing they have done thus far would work.

Clone Wars was cancelled before the thing started and was already overwriting the old EU when it was airing you moron. So much so that it made some dude quit out of rage that he couldn't reconcile the shit that was happening with the old canon.

Nice implications. A list of shows doesn't prove they're canon, it just proves they exist. It's not canon.

Why would he want to?

Define what canon means to you

Attached: 1518755787465.jpg (524x1009, 46K)

>Have one infinity stone
>Defeat a dimension eating demon
>Nearly defeat the earth
>Nearly destroy the universe to bring about an age after heat death of the stars early.
>Nearly destroy a planet or successfully destroy one Kree.
>Thanos has two gems.

Yes.

A collection of works that are part of a greater whole. Sharing a name or an aesthetic feature isn't enough on its own.

It is, yes. If you apply that definition it becomes extremely subjective to personal taste. I could argue that Iron Man 2 isn't canon because I don't like it and it doesn't get referenced in other movies.

I don't mention taste in the definition at all. The point is the joined works have to form a greater whole out of their combination. If nothing is gained by their joining, or if their connection is merely in name and not substance, it's not canon. When Scully and Mulder appeared on the Simpsons, you'd think that would make pic related canon in the X-Files, but it doesn't, because X-Files and Simpsons do not together form a greater whole.

Attached: 5ca727aebbe9eba02aad81c426ee1d25.jpg (586x403, 53K)

So is Cars 2 not canon to Cars 3?

Also, if everyone involved in production says they're in the same universe, is that not enough to justify a canon? Machete and Spy Kids are canon to one another despite neither referencing the events of the other

>Machete and Spy Kids are canon
Literally what

>So is Cars 2 not canon to Cars 3?
Why wouldn't they be? Honest question because I haven't seen them.

>if everyone involved in production says they're in the same universe, is that not enough to justify a canon?
Eh, it's debatable. Creative works do not belong to their creators, just ask the .gif guy.

Hydra returned in AoS the day before Winter Soldier released. Jasper Sitwell was a a character in AoS before WS, and was resolved again in WS.

I can never tell if these threads are just for the fun of it, or if you people honestly don't read any comics and seriously don't understand who Thanos is and why he outranks everyone else in that list sans Dormamu.

AoS does provide a greater whole tho. Especially around Winter Soldier and Ultron.

>Machete and Spy Kids are canon
They share the character of Machete (Danny Trejo's character) and Rodriguez confirmed they were in the same universe

>So is Cars 2 not canon to Cars 3?
Doesn't reference the events of 2 whatsoever outside of Doc being dead (which would have happened anyways cause the VA died)

Also fuck off with the "creative works don't belong to people who own the rights and actively create it" bullshit

Which is stupid.
And makes the whole
>One Celestial couldn't achieve this, but TWO could
absolute bollocks, since apparently Peter doesn't actually count as a standalone Celestial and is only an extension of Ego.

And why the fuck did he put a tumour inside her brain anyway?

>Rodriguez confirmed they were in the same universe
While that's hilarious, it seems more akin to the Simpsons/X-Files example I brought up where they're not really canon.

>Doesn't reference the events of 2 whatsoever
Sounds like an unfortunately named spinoff.

>Also fuck off with the "creative works don't belong to people who own the rights and actively create it" bullshit
Creative rights =/= meaningful ownership. An artist who makes a painting does not have control over how it makes people feel, or how they interpret it's meaning, they just make it and release it and the public viewer decided what it means. They have exclusive rights to sell it and replicate it, but that's not the same thing. On top of the .gif example, there's the pepe guy who lost control of his character despite constant legal action.

I'm not involved in this argument but I just wanted to tell you that you're a cockface my dude.

Yeah probably, I honestly haven't watched AoS so I'm not putting my two cents in on that. We were talking about the Star Wars EU.

And you too, sir.

>Sounds like an unfortunately named spinoff.
Cars 2 was widely hated and Cars 3 was seen as a return to form

Do you live under a rock?

I think we both agreed earlier that taste has nothing to do with what is and isn't canon.

Ah, my bad.

Tho, wasn't declaring the EU non-canon like the last thing Lucas did before selling the franchise? Spiteful old cock. Has Disney ever spoken on the matter?

Post where this was confirmed or shut the fuck up.

>Do you live under a rock?
Yeah man how could anybody not be up to date with all the insider talk in the Cars fandom! I thought EVERYBODY stayed read up on this shit!

All things mentioned in the show, not the movie. One way canon.

>if you post on Sup Forums you have a temporary ban from other boreds
good

Does Doctor Strange do his Time Loop shenanigans with Thanos?
How could Thanos beat this?
If he doesn't use it, why the fuck not?

I don't know who made the decision, but I know that as episode 7 was rolling out, it was declared that they wouldn't be following any previously canon EU material, making it non canon. They could've made a new EU after that, but everything so far has been a continuation of the previous EU so it still isn't canon.

He can only do that with an stone. If it's just Thanos vs just Strange then Strange is in for a seriously uphill battle. If you give Strange a stone you'd have to give Thanos one too.

>Sounds like an unfortunately named spinoff.
Is what i was referring to

Why was Strange able to use the time stone if it had no power then?

Tell that to /aco/.

Sitwell actually appears in the Avengers first

>how do I not know the incredibly general reactions to hundred million dollar animated movies on a board dedicated to the subject

Attached: 03C44920-0132-41B0-B1A7-EA0EEF59AEAE.jpg (507x500, 121K)

Prove they’re canon