So, everyone who was a fan of this version of him was not actually a fan of Spider-Man comics, right...

So, everyone who was a fan of this version of him was not actually a fan of Spider-Man comics, right? I see people say "he's the most comic accurate version" and that just make no sense at all, outside of superficial bait shit like "O WOW HE HAS MOVING EYES" which anyone who praises that probably only learned ever happened after the fact anyway

Attached: spider-lad.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Attached: 1508519762147.png (1920x1080, 1.63M)

He's kind of like Ultimate Spidey, I guess, in terms of being the young twink over his head dealing with superhero shit.

Not really like 616 Spidey at all since high school Peter was a fucking antisocial weirdo who goes around muttering shit like how he'll show them all.

Attached: le thread derailing monkey.jpg (700x546, 52K)

I think hes pretty similar to ultimate spidey but there is no way he should have pussed out to stark especially since he was so mad at peter for being "irresponsible"
also everything with the school infuriates the fuck out of me

2? Honestly it's hard for me to keep up with it.

clearly 2

I think it's 1?

Yep. I talked to a guy who said Spidey's supposed to be a high school age guy. He legit didn't know that Spider-Man was in high school for less than two years of his entire publication.
If you're going to force high school Spider-Man for several films, at least attempt Ditko's great characterization.

Essentially it's for normies that think they know about the comics but don't actually care. Most accurate was Tobey Maguire

if the crossed strings reverse the cogs then 2

Holland is my favorite version, after Toby.

>Most accurate was Tobey Maguire
no

You're right. It's Garfield

Hey at least he was better than Garfield who’s too obsessed with his missing parents who experimented on him to be compatible with radioactive spiders.

They're doing highschool spidey because they want this iteration to stick. Spider-Man is Marvel's biggest moneymaker, and they want to get as many films out of this kid as possible.

Fact.

>They're doing highschool spidey because they want this iteration to stick. Spider-Man is Marvel's biggest moneymaker, and they want to get as many films out of this kid as possible.

>IF IT MAKES MONEY IT'S GOOD
T. Jew...sorry some of us actually read comics and do not give a flying fuck about how many dollars Disney rakes in

I remember Peter under Stan Lee being somewhat of an asshole. For comparison to the MCU one, Lee Spider-Man would make conscious jokes and jabs while the MCU one makes jokes based on gulibility, excitement, or trying to keep a positive atmosphere.

I've read more comics than you. And the Lee/Ditko Spider-Man comes off like a school shooter waiting to happen. Wouldn't fly in a movie nowadays.

This is the real reason right here. Peter "I'll show them" Parker.

>I've read more comics than you
Very funny, I bet you fucked more girls and made more money too, eh fragile ego? Fuck off, snack sized jelly cup. Open your ass for dick.

>And the Lee/Ditko Spider-Man comes off like a school shooter waiting to happen. Wouldn't fly in a movie nowadays.

Once again, I'm not a fucking Jew so I don't care about what's good for the money grubbing pieces of shit at Disney, I care about what I want, which is a good movie as a fan. Do I need to pinch your fucking hook nose before you get the point? I don't care about money, I care about Spider-Man.

Attached: 1439360238347.png (335x358, 171K)

>T. Jew.
Like the guys that created the character?

Jews were behind NWA too, does that make it Jewis Pride music?

>made his own webbing
>was the one who thought of the "great power great responsibility"(sorta) line
>actually behaves like Peter and is not an autist like Tobey's or a chad like Andrew's
>most accurate style of quipping
>doesn't meet MJ, Harry nor Gwen in highschool
>is actually a science nut and not a pizza boi
>the constant need to neglect his personal life in the name of being a superhero is a major part of the movie
There's a lot of reasons why people are right to say that he's the most comic-accurate depiction of Peter on the big screen, but I'd like to hear actual reasons as to why he isn't, other than "normies think so".

Came in to post this. Lee/Ditko Spidey was just pure teen angst, to the point where he was edgy. Disney editorial wouldn’t show a genuine depiction of a kid getting bullied or being so unpleasant, so they circumvent that by having Flash just call him names and being a dick to give you the idea that he’s not very high in the social pyramid at school.

MCU Peter isn’t angry at all. Besides the subtext of him looking for a father in Vulture and Tony, most of his troubles are played to be slapstick.

I enjoy the movie for what it is, but it’s not a “golden age” Peter at all just because of the Ditko eyes.

All of those “reasons” are just incidental details. Homecoming Peter is too happy-go-lucky to be anything like Lee’s Peter, who was pretty much Holden Caufield with superpowers. Disney doesn’t want a depiction of a troubled kid, they want fun relatable Tom Holland to be a goofball.

Neither, because the monkeys arms are too short to rotate it any further
but it'd be 2 if it could

>Ultimate Spidey
he was more like Miles than Peter and so were the supporting cast

This

>>actually behaves like Peter and is not an autist like Tobey's or a chad like Andrew's
>>most accurate style of quipping

You are an idiot

>was the one who thought of the "great power great responsibility"(sorta) line

But he doesn’t do that in the comics...? It’s the narrator who says that in Amazing Fantasy #15, no?

>>is actually a science nut and not a pizza boi
You are a fucking idiot, did you even watch the Amazing Spider-Man movies? They showcased how smart Peter was, the MCU Parker was just a sidekick to Tony.

Feel better Avi?

MCU Spider-Man is the biggest blasphemy of all