Is it true that people draw anthro cartoons/webcomic because it's just more fun than human form cartoons/webcomic?

Is it true that people draw anthro cartoons/webcomic because it's just more fun than human form cartoons/webcomic?

What are other reasons?

Attached: 1521328084076.jpg (1200x1146, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SVxGh5GpP0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=M2Hl-lkupcc
soundcloud.com/leila-wilson-woofle/never-stay-the-same-later-wip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What are other reasons?
You can be a bit more loose with proportions and anatomy.

Easier to draw paws than hands

>That dog

Attached: 1495339079087.jpg (393x296, 55K)

Is this Destiny?
youtube.com/watch?v=SVxGh5GpP0Q

Because many of them are preteens influenced by the furry fandom. Also something about escapism and humans being “boring”.

Personally for me, I don't like humans, I spend most of my time with my dogs and cats.

I've been betrayed a lot in my life, so I found comfort with animals, which always my friends.

Whenever I try to draw humans, I'm often triggered or get pissed because without knowing, I'm either drawing someone, even if it's a little hint, someone that I knew from my past or sometimes just drawing a person brings back a bad memory

Yet when I'm drawing anthros, it's fun and peaceful because all my moments involving animals have been great

That's just me though

Attached: 1485555977367.png (480x386, 175K)

So, you are typical furrie then?

You can also easily avoid race issues by drawing animals (unless you re-introduce said issues by making certain species stereotypes of certain races).

Attached: 5325062.jpg (196x143, 8K)

Non humans are more entertaining. Imagine Bugs Bunny as a human.

it's just easier really. especially facial structure. most animal's facial structures are pretty simple to draw compared to that of a human's. also, you can just bullshit anatomy and no one can call you out on it because you're essentially just making it up- there's no set basis for the anthropomorphic body type.

That, and PREFERENCE.

/thread

also anyone who draws animal characters of any kind probably wants to fuck animals, and people like drawing stuff they can get off to

You feel like a fake human.

Like a bot.

wow

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 00.11.17.png (498x485, 237K)

Wait a minute, where are her ears?

Photoshoped them out.

They cut through the complex perceptions we have when looking at another human being and are easier to empathize with.

Same reason simpler character designs a la anime are commonly used for main characters. I think it also works in real life with children and pretty girls, we tend to feel greater empathy for people with big eyes and simple features.

Attached: chains.jpg (860x1376, 389K)

Wow, that IS a retarded character design. Wtf is wrong with Japan

the ponytail is actually her ears, you never seen an afghan hound? they are fabulous

Attached: f659d4c5a543037be5a478c461164d21.jpg (564x761, 58K)

Pretty much just the fun. A dog playing poker is instantly a joke whereas a human playing poker is just sad gambling.
Think of it like the humor style in team America. It’s funnier to have a puppet say “I was raped by clowns” then to have a puppet tell an actual joke

Attached: 1421298155707.png (321x322, 39K)

It's easier to fake anthro anatomy than human anatomy. Also, more fun.

>don't like humans
>draws animals that look, behave, think, talk etc like humans

Because you can fool around with anaotmy and artstyle without people shouting down your ass. Plus, some people just prefer to draw animals to humans
Also humans are boring. It's like picking the human race in a fantasy game. It's just boring

Not if that fantasy game was based on John Carter rules

I want to fuck that dog.

This dog looks like such a basic bitch.

I don't know why that dog makes me think of Sarah Michelle Gellar

This doge got cutes yet?
Or lewds?

Not that user, but I been thinking about this. It's not "act just like humans", but "act like better human, how humans ought to act".

OP is a Saluki.

Do you even Westminster, bro?

For Beat Meat Mania

Just say "dog" holy shit

Attached: zWhRaPh[1].png (614x450, 56K)

fp always bp

youtube.com/watch?v=M2Hl-lkupcc

dunno certain ones i think look cool, i dont draw them overly furry, more like beasts and its interesting to me to see how i can come up with interactions with normal humans

The less physical human chracteristics a character's design has the easier it is for the audience to look at that character objectively

We all have biases, consciously or not, and we have the most amount of bias when it comes to other people. It's easy to look at a human charcter and groan that they have X hairstyle or are of Y ethnicity for instance, but turn them into a dog and suddenly all you care about is what their personality and role in the story is like

Attached: c22dc1bd-4bc0-42ee-9b49-39c39be1ad42.jpg (778x1200, 240K)

Humans don't have much visual difference, while animals are extremely diverse and you get the bonus of having some animals associated with personality traits to play with. You can play it straight like having a fox or wolf as a cutthroat thief, a snake as somebody to never trust, or sibvert it like the obedient and unassuming lamb who turns out to be an evil mastermind like bellwether for example.

I think this one post has both ruined and justified the time I spend on Sup Forums. I just don't know what to do anymore.

What are you talking about? Giant robot hands is Sup Forums's oldest fetish.

you guys should get help

Post in stupid threads 20% less.

>ponytail on a dog
Aww.

Geralt of rivia?

The past four generations have grown up with anthro animal cartoon characters. When most people think "cartoons" they think either Disney or WB characters like Mickey or Bugs.

People habe been telling stories about animals with human traits since ancient times but what you associate as furry stuff is a 20th century invention.

I'm sure there's a variety of reasons including all the ones mentioned above.

I'd personally add that I just don't want to deal with the hassle that comes to having/not having human characters of a certain ethnicity, color, etc, specially with the current political climate in social media these days. So using animals instead saves me at least some of the trouble.

just old classic xenophilia

Attached: md19049041182.jpg (300x439, 21K)

No, I think I can handle her alone

>implying humans can't be biased against other animals
You kinda have a good point, though.

Kek

There's two sources for it usually, the first a more modern creation.

You have people like on tumblr that are obsessed with things like vitiligo, Albinism, gender shit, sexuality shit, heterochromia, and other lesser things that they perceive make themselves or their online persona more unique. It's even more pronounced with Anthros. You can choose your animal, you can apply most of the human traits mentioned to them, etc. Many comics end up stemming from that. Where they start putting their avatars in scenarios with their friends'.

From a different source, animals have traits put on their from way back in biblical and older times that we still use today as shorthand to stand for characters. So if you have a mouse character it's cute and timid. (If it's not it's probably the hero character.) You have the sly fox. The shifty cat. The slow but steady turtle/tortoise. The smart owl. These are all easy things to pull from in character design where the creator probably isn't going to have to explain their personality to you for you to just get it. It may not necessarily be easier to draw, but even a bad artist can present you with most of the shit you need to know with an animal trope character.

I do it because they're cuter.

Congrats. You just defined 'irony'.

Kinky.

*fewer

It's easy mode for fruity metaphors and symbolism.

This.

It started out as a way to quickly get a character’s personality across to an audience without having to go through explaining a backstory of who they were, since there are commonly associated characteristics that come with animal characters that don’t need to be further elaborated on.
Pretty much the opposite of what is suggesting, though that’s only true for the old fables the practice originated from.

Nowadays, furry fandoms have become a magnet for literal autists and role players, possibly due to the fact that the idea of universes populated with animal people naturally makes fans question what it would be like to live in such a society.

What makes an animal character furry? I'd like to draw animal characetrs for my comics, but I don't want to make them too furry in design. I'm worried about being associated with the furry fandom. I know not all furries are bad, but I'd rather not deal with the fandom.

>I want to use animal characters
>but I don't want to touch the icky furry stuff
You cannot win. First of all, furries will read your stuff, you can literally do nothing to stop that. And you will be treated as a furry through association. And Sup Forums will call your work "furry shit" anyway. There is nothing you can do, you can NOT win. Accept it, or you will suffer.

Make them really cartoony. Feral and realistic looking antros attract furfags. The bad kind of furfags.

Most of Sup Forums likes animal characters tho.

I kind of wanted to do something with realistic werewolfs, but maybe I can still make it work by making them a bit more cartoony. But I guess I will attract furries anyway so might as well just draw them however I want. I'll just say I'm not into the fandom if anyone asks.

>The smart owl
This shit has been ruined for me after learning that owls are actually really, really, stupid compared to other birds of prey, let alone corvids.

Don't beg the question, OP. You already know that the answer is "yes".

Attached: Disgruntled Hank.jpg (292x349, 10K)

The "furry fandom" is just big meme. Being fan of animal cartoons don't make you part of the "fandom"

Pretty much this.
Assuming that your work is popular enough to warrant the attention of furries, I feel like the best you can do is make a request a la Toby Fox that they tag and categorize their smut differently in the interests of not subjecting the rest of the fandom that’s not interested.

That’s true, but there’s a difference in being a fan of animal characters and identifying as a furry. Hell, there’s a difference between fapping to animal characters and identifying as a furry.
The furry territory that people are generally wary of is the inexplicable need for a large percentage of them to role play, both online and otherwise, dress up in fursuits, and other things of that nature. A lot of us are nerds and autists when it comes to our fandoms, but as autistic as we get most of us will draw the line at those things.

for me its two things
1 I love the bestial character archetype, people who tap into raw power and instinct kind of deal
2 personally got tired of drawing humans. Maybe I didntdraw consistentky enough to improve, maybe I spent too long on boorus and they all just started to look the same.
dont get me wrong, still can appreciate humans, but creating? Ehhhh rather go for humanoid

O-oh my

Attached: 1521212865340.jpg (600x562, 22K)

Yeah well it's not based on the animals but the fact that Wisdom based God had owls as familiars.

This is one classy dog.

You’re mentally ill

Holy autism, batman. I can relate to an extent, but still

Depending on who you ask. And who you talk about. Many, MANY creators have furry friends they talk to all the time (low key), and will inevitably be called "furfags" by the amazing Sup Forums once that is found out.

If you ever show an above average interest in animal characters, Sup Forums brands you a furry. You. Cannot. Win.

Sup Forums is "furry" so who cares

i want to bang dogs, and aliens, and also humans.

Sup Forums will never admit to being furry though. Better pretend you're somehow better than the person you mock.

And that makes you normal.

Yes it's true. You have WAY more freedom with designs, movements, and mannerisms, professionals don't have to worry about certain tiny-yet-pervasive whiny groups bitching about "inclusion", etc...and you can do human features on animals and it comes our fanTASTIC, but boring as dishwater on a human.

Attached: horsehair.jpg (748x349, 55K)

Boy, have I got the waifu for you.
It's not about pretending. Some furfags on this site are incredibly insecure about their association with other furfags, and as such, they attack any furry they see so they don't get roped in with "them".

Attached: d61.png (903x1000, 409K)

OH MY GAWD

I don't even KNOW dogs and I knew that. Damn...how DO I know so much about animals?? 2 milk crates of National Geographics bought from a thrift store when I was 11 couldn't have helped THAT much...

>Some furfags on this site
More like weebs.

The sad part? Ponytails are catnip to me. Ponytails on ANYTHING not a human child, and I start paying active attention.

There's a significant overlap.

There is a LOT of bleed-over between weebs and furries (because like a "hispanic caucasian", you can be both at the same time). TONS of furries give their "fursonas" japanese names.

... or create killer tunes clearly inspired by japanese game soundtracks
soundcloud.com/leila-wilson-woofle/never-stay-the-same-later-wip

is it just superficial carryover like names or are there other weeb-ic qualities at play?

just like how a character design can be nearly explicitly "tumblr" without any negative or positive connotations, that sounds very much that it came from a furry, or at the very least, it is incredibly unsurprising that it did.

How would you tell just by listening?

>cartoon/comic/movie with anthropomorphic animals
>anything other than mammals are inexplicably evil or not present at all

Attached: DXSPWQAVoAA8pOT.jpg orig.jpg (900x1370, 103K)

That's just reality. People like things that are more similar to themselves. Otherwise you would have more pet spiders than kittens.

That's a little different, and actually cool. I'm talking about weebfurs with a Sonic OC as a fursona, named something like "Mach Tamashita". It's more common than you'd think.

Thankfully, I do not intend to look for Sonic autism, and it avoids me in return.

Sucks though. That bullshit is why we'll never get a Warcraft movie with Tauren, Pandaren, and Worgen. Just boring-ass human-based races.

Same composer who did Freedom Planet.

It's boring as fuck though.

I'm fully aware it's judging by surface level, but would you be surprised if I told you where I found this design?
again, not saying it's a negative or positive thing, just that you say a furry composed that and I go "oh, of course"

Attached: 27880434_147518742612273_1168652943314911232_n.jpg (1080x1080, 64K)

not really, kemono stuff outside of japan is pretty small and niche

Attached: 1516589041422.png (638x648, 490K)

Because people are racist, so they want to draw animals instead of ethnic minorities