If the Outliers are the X-Men of Transformers then who are the Avengers of Transformers?

If the Outliers are the X-Men of Transformers then who are the Avengers of Transformers?

Attached: IDWMtMtE11-Outliers.jpg (594x455, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Functionism
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ae8uzhiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the wreckers?

This, or probably Gogobots

Maybe even the Diplomatic Corps?

Wait I thought in every transformer continuity, the bots could pick the forms they transform into? Why would anyone give a shit if the guy turns into a truck with force fields?

tfwiki.net/wiki/Functionism

>Hey, Glitch has a pretty neat design and power!
>Sure would be neat if he eventually shows up in the current time
>Oh, he was Tarn the whole time...now he's dead

I was a little disappointed. Not just that we didn't get to see more of who Glitch was, but also that the "big reveal" of Tarn's identity felt anticlimactic since he was such a minor background character.

Attached: Poor_pepi.jpg (357x436, 67K)

That's James "I suck at twist reveals" Roberts for you.

Glitch needed more focus for people to actually be surprised.

Hopefully someday Spotlights return and Tarn gets one. I want to see how Megatron corrupted him.

IDW Transformers are born two ways: you can sprout out of the ground and naturally form a body, or you can be pull from the matrix and stuck into a prefab. The government at the time used alt-modes as one way to control the populace, and only the rich and influential could have their bodies re-engineered.

>Wait I thought in every transformer continuity, the bots could pick the forms they transform into?

You thought wrong.

In the movies it's so easy it ruins the concept of transforming. In the comics, adversely, it entails a difficult process of reconstruction, comparable to heavy surgery.

There is no such group. Not in the IDW comics, anyway. In the Marvel comics I'd say it was basically the entire Autobot cast.

Nope. The Wreckers are sent in when there is nothing left to save.

The Avengers.

Attached: 1514722488617.jpg (1600x1237, 385K)

>The Wreckers are sent in when there is nothing left to save.

so they will avenge the unsaved then?

...Which is not something the Avengers are known for. Their name is ill-chosen. They should really have been called something like 'Defenders'.

Clearly I was. But even early shit alluded to it be a straight forward process with the old cartoon having them adopt earth machines and beastwars morph into dinos and again new shit come machine wars.

If most continuities implied extensive surgeries, then it seems more bots would have cybertron designs over earth based ones.

Okay so the current trend is to make the Decpeitcons corrupted revolutionaries instead of a military coup.

That means they needed to have something to revolt against, which means that instead of the Autobots being a thing from the beginning both factions form in response to a corrupted government that's real into people having to do the jobs they were built for.

We don't know if this is still going to be a thing now that Alligned's pretty much finished as an influence on the line, but guys who want to force you to only change into one thing do make a decent boogeyman for transforming robots.

Well... in the Marvel and Sunbow continuities they very nearly died in a space ship crash and had to be rebuilt from that, so...
In IDW they adopted modes based on the planet they infiltrate, but it's a complex process.

I still think you're wrong with the 'most continuities'.

I'd rather that the Autobots didn't already exist and that they are a counter-response to the tyrannical Decepticons movement.

In pretty much every cartoon you shoot a beam and turn into a new type of the machine you are. Starscream's always some kind of jet, but he can change the specific type of jet he is to fit in better.

I think that's a fair compromise, honestly. You can change your basic form to fit in easily enough, but more wild changes require a professional's aid or a special power.

I like the idea of the Autobots having a goal besides not being Decepticons, but Prime starting the movement proper does have a lot of power to it. We'll have to see what the new cartoon does with the origins of the factions.

Personally I'm hoping for the cons to get their military edge back. I don't mind the intellectual core of the movement being angry miners and gladiators, but I think a great origin for Starscream and his boys might be disaffected soldiers that Megatron recruits with his rants on glory and universal conquest.

Remember when Barber confirmed they all died horribly.

>I like the idea of the Autobots having a goal besides not being Decepticons,

I imagine having a corrupt Prime dynasty, the militaristic and disenfranchised both co-operate to become the Decepticons and Optimus Prime the last Prime decides he wants to turn Cybertron into a democracy full proper.

I mean we've done corrupt Primes for a while now, I feel like it might be time for a new type of bad robot. Like what if this time around the war's sparked by a successful repelling of a Quintesson invasion? The future Decepticons are like "shit let's keep going it's a scary universe out there." and the Autobots are like, "Woah slow down not everyone's going to be crazy cybernetic squids, maybe we shouldn't like immediately become what we just defeated." and then Megatron throws over a table and just ruins dinner for everyone.

Maybe they'll bring back the Quintesson origin if they really are going for a cold reboot.

I argued last time that the Great Engineer/ Architect is Primacron, and Unicron was created to get rid of all the Transformers - his failed creations which cast the galaxy into a millions-of-years-long war .

>Thunderclash as captain america

Attached: 1511915801-lost-light-11-review-thunderclash-joyride-swoon.jpg (790x580, 161K)

I dunno if the Quints need to have built the transformers but I like the idea of them TELLING the transformers they built them. Like a cosmic con job they play on lesser races, presenting themselves as gods or alien architects come to get their investment back.

I'm only applying normie tier knowledge (minus bayformers) but as stated. Its portrayed as bots get in a crash, then proceed to get knew forms simply by scanning local area.

The whole religion and forced transformations idea allows for a deeper plot and stories. But would lead to questions why these bots have alt modes that can fit humans in them.

>In pretty much every cartoon you shoot a beam and turn into a new type of the machine you are

Example.

I don't necessarily disagree with the 'micro-transformation' though. More superficial changes that can be performed immediately, yeah, that sounds about right.. their metal is supposed to be like living tissue...

Uh... when? And how?

>Its portrayed as bots get in a crash, then proceed to get knew forms simply by scanning local area.

WHEN?

In the cartoon and the comic the Ark scanned the new forms and then rebuilt the Transformers accordingly. They didn't just morph into the new shapes.

>i actually liked this mini

>Uh... when? And how?
During All Hail Megatron, when the Decepticons attacked Earth and killed off 1/7th of the planet's population.

That was the point - Tarn was ultimately a jumped-up nobody hiding behind the narrative he had constructed for himself - but it was kind of undercut by the fact that, you know, Glitch WAS a character we already knew about.

>Example.
Beast Machines, R.I.D., Armada, Cybertron, movies, Animated, Prime, Rescue Bots, RID2015

I'd prefer future canons to use the cartoon origin- Autobots and Decepticons are fundamentally different races because they are different product lines, one for construction and civil service and the other military hardware.

You can blur the lines later but I think early on it gives a good reason for there to be strife.

Oh, also BWII.

btw one of the reasons I'm glad multiversal singularities aren't a thing anymore is because it restores the goofy cartoon origins of the TFs and Unicron.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ae8uzhiQ

Glitch was a nobody who became a somebody. Showing more about him feels like too much of a reveal.

Attached: Flame-Toys-Tarn-02.jpg (1024x682, 86K)

>Before the Gltich reveal
"Tarn being Roller is too obvious, what if it was Glitch? They've got similar powers."
>After the Glitch reveal
"Why the fuck wasn't Tarn Roller? Glitch is an awful choice!"

I know y'all aren't a hive mind but holy fuck, make up your minds.

why not have Tarn be both? what if Roller Tarn was the Tarn Skids knew from the Grindcore and Glitch Tarn is the Tarn we see at the start of MTMTE #7.

They already mentioned they had different DJD members prior, why not Tarn?

1) Because there's only been one Tarn.
2) Because replacement DJD only get the codename, they have different bodies.

I don't see how my post elicited that response...I didn't even mention Roller.

I will admit that I agree with the general "Tarn being Roller is too obvious", although I never once said, either before or after, that I thought or wished for Glitch to be the reveal.

imo, Tarn should've just been Tarn. They never should have hyped it up to be a "mystery."

He could've just been a guy who we never found out any of his past, nobody would've cared who he was before he put on the mask

Just in general.

>He could've just been a guy who we never found out any of his past, nobody would've cared who he was before he put on the mask

Then being Glitch would of still been ok? Glitch was barely a thing in the first place.

The idea of corrupt Primes isn't bad but it is overused but i think it works if that was one reason why it all goes to shit.

I'm just saying maybe their should've been two Tarns that should've been the big twist with him.

and that Tarn was purposely made to look the same.

Hotrod, arcee, ultra magnus, blurr, kup, perceptor, springer, and wreck gar
They're the A team
Ultra magnus is captain america, hotrod is iron man, arcee is black widow, springer is thor, blurr is quicksilver, kup is hawkeye, percetor is vision, and wreck gar is ant man
It's not a perfect match, but they fit.

>Ultra Magnus
>the huge guy who has been known to wield a hammer
>Not Thor

The 86 cast is a great cast IMO.

That's terrible.