So after going through the work history of pic related and other Jap studios in the 80s and 90s...

So after going through the work history of pic related and other Jap studios in the 80s and 90s, and realizing that before the Koreans took all the outsourcing the Japs were doing it, I have one question:
Does anyone trying to enter animation in the West actually get fucking employed anymore? Why are people entering this field, racking up student debt for animation degrees, when the jobs are all outsourced to Asia? What's the fucking point?

Attached: 1200px-TMS_Entertainment_logo.svg.png (1200x768, 45K)

Fuck off Famicom.

people who are going in animation tend to be liberal and try not to think about the dangers of globalism, the effects of outsourcing, and how it could affect their careers
and usually these fucks can afford it since the people going to art school are usually at least upper middle class
ironic that they always complain about the rich and why it "sucks to be an animator"
they ARE rich, they GET to be an animator
spoiled brats they are

I don't visit this board at all really, is this a meme I'm missing?

korean studios are literal sweatshops

>Does anyone trying to enter animation in the West actually get fucking employed anymore?
A lot of 2D animation work in the USA is relegated to storyboards, concept artwork, and tween/object based animation

good looking 2D animation is usually exclusively seen in commercials. 3D is where all the rage is, you don't have to draw anything and the next step of the process (textures/lighting/scenery) can be handed off to someone else like ink and paint would be in the traditional 2D assembly line. these people that go to school for animation, i have no idea what they do but i know that they have more money than me and are probably way better off

These threads are started by a literal retard who used to post on Toonzone named PC-Famicom64. Every post on Sup Forums that mentions TMS is started by him, and he always gives himself away by responding to posts calling him out, which is what he will do with this one.

Oh, well whoops. I spend all my time in /k/ these days since most of the other boards are pissy, snobby, or cringey half the time. Don't really know what's going on outside that board aside from the occasional Sup Forums-posting that sneaks in.

sure i'll explain it

Famicom is a guy who used to browse Toonzone and make edits over at TvTropes (pretty sure he got banned from both). His posting style is really easy to recognize and he's a regular here. I started calling him out by name just to bug him because had a penchant to always talk about TMS for no reason. As a result, nobody can mention TMS without being called Famicom or TMSfag. It's pretty much ingrained into the culture here now

>he actually believes this
Living month to month isn't considered rich unless you're saying that as someone constantly drowning in debt, in which case maybe try not being so dumb with money and get a better job.

>TvTropes
Ha, that's why I ended posting this in the first place. Was looking up some shit on the "mon" trope and it led me to this company, then I saw all the hands they had in stuff and it made me think of my old roommate who was an animation student and it made me feel really sad.

>this fucking dumbass
good job sperging out at random people

Famicom

Cartoonists live month to month by choice, their upbrinigng was fairly well off compared to most people who dream of working in the industry
remember they GET to be cartoonists, they never had to be them

There are barely “animators” in USA anymore. It’s now either storyboarding or bust

Cheap animation keeps jobs in the west.
If you're feeling up to the challenge, you can always move east and animate there, it certainly wouldn't be the first time

Fuck off.

>made me think of my old roommate who was an animation student and it made me feel really sad
You are a good person.

TMS shill pls leave

Why hasn't Famicom/TMSfag been permabanned yet?

Thanks for once again revealing yourself.

Imagine your brain being so atrophied by Sup Forumsshit that you have to twist absolutely everything, down to the personal lives of the people who make the shit you watch, into class warfare. Pathetic.

>TMS will save the industry you guys!