Hey guys remember me!!

Hey guys remember me!!

Attached: CrossGen_Comics.png (377x264, 106K)

nope i guess not!

I remember an article about them I read some time ago
The whole story is so bonkers.

yer the guy who created the company was a millionaire, and he hired like a lot of big name artist and writers like George Preze and Waid, he had them move and live near the offices of crossgen, he paid for their flights and houses they lived in, i think it blew up in is face when crossgen didnt take of liked he hoped,

>Marvel will never reprint you
;__;

yer marvel bought the crossgen stuff didn't they, they also bought the valiant stuff and only now are they reprinting it

>they also bought the valiant stuff and only now are they reprinting it
?

Gareb Shamus, or some such thing, the CEO of wizard entertainment. Man, I had a billion of those mags when I was a kid, ridiculous. They got huge fucking fast and died off about as fast.

Basically Crossgen had a really shaky plan. They were going to offer super good deals to all stores that carried their books and lose money for six years before starting to make money from licensing deals because their brand had gotten out everywhere. Of course, in reality what this meant was that the low sales eventually caused the management to just stop paying the creators altogether. Some literally never saw payment for work that was published, strung along by promises that it would turn around soon. Then the company's leadership declared bankrupcy, absconded with the funds from liquidating the last assets, and left the creators standing there. Some smaller names who worked on Crossgen still have a huge debt today to pay off from it.

Then Disney bought the IPs for a pittance.

guess im wrong i thought i read a article that marvel bought valiant comics

They never did. Valiant is still an independent publisher, although there are comics that they cannot reprint for copyright reasons, such as Turok.

thats a shame, turok was pretty cool

Yeah Turok, Solar and Magnus were licensed by Valiant, they never owned those characters.

Tim Truman is so based. They should reprint him more frequently.

the one comic that stuck out to me the most was archer and Armstrong, i liked the chemistry between the characters, and the crazy ways armstrong died

The new A&A is a lot of fun too, especially the first runs.

Anyone remember Way of the Rat?

ok i will check it out

yer, one of the better titles

Attached: WayOTRat1.jpg (200x299, 17K)

And if you want more modern Valiant, I recommend virtually all of it, but especially Bloodshot, Rai, and Divinity.

Dixon and martial arts? Count me in.

i really need a alternative to the big two ill check it out

I remember the sherlock holmes type dude being alright.

I remember Negation
And the name, Obregon Kaine

Yes. It was overall good series. Every series would be a good tv series today.

It was Disney who bought the property. They greenlid a relaunch under Marvel but they canned the universe and all prior characters. Guess it was a failure because they only did a miniseries.

Attached: image.jpg (1967x1500, 494K)

Mark Alessi founded Crossgen.

Yes and that was kinda easy, since more than the half was better ones.

Attached: image.jpg (800x605, 216K)

Funny for me valiant was never interesting. Crossgen has more appealing than their series. Dont know why but the heroes always have this 90s image rob liefeld vibe to them.

Attached: image.jpg (1040x719, 445K)

I think that relaunch included DeMatteis' Abadazad?

I was honestly a little sad they covered the lady in Mystic up after the first year or so.

It was Mystic, Sigil and Ruse that was rebooted. Abadazad was printed under Disney.
I dont know how this series was handled or in which hands the ownership was.
But Redstar, Snake Pliskin or Rob Zombiewere published by others.

Attached: Relaunch.png (600x317, 315K)

That was just minimal and for her "A leader needs more modesty". And if you think about the hedonistic guild arc it served a purpose to show some difference.

Attached: mystic.jpg (500x686, 101K)

Ruse was so great. And it illustrates just how different classic Waid was from the guy he's become. When he got the chance to revisit Ruse a few years ago at Marvel, he proceeded to remove everything that made Ruse special and left it with only the offbrand Sherlock Holmes elements.

>Ultraverse and pre-Marvel CrossGen collected editions are yet to be reprinted, same case with the complete collection of all Marvel CrossGen minis

>Some literally never saw payment for work that was published
Same case with several short-lived publishers that died within a span of decades past.

I think the royalties with ultraverse and crossgen are different than under marvel or disney. They just dont want to pay money to the creators. Thats why the 2011 relaunch was different or stripped from any ip imfringment possibilities.

I mostly agree. But i think there were some boundaries how they wanted it to be relaunched. Like minimize royalties and the whole disconnection from the sigil universe.
But sure it seems he got too much praise over the years that changed his writing.

Attached: image.jpg (674x1024, 210K)

Attached: The First Drama.jpg (736x1443, 148K)

Attached: Lizard-Lady-Crossgen-Comics-Negation-b.jpg (500x645, 67K)

Attached: Mystic cover art.jpg (500x750, 189K)

company took language lessons to help a european guy settle in.

short career made the whole thing a waste of time.

nice effort but still a waste.

i think he meant wizard magazine shilled the heck out of crossgen.

I was just thinking about you this morning. Really loved the comics, it's too bad Disney bought you just so they could not use you.

(cont.) the fate of Crossgen puts us in worst timeline territory, in an ideal world we'd still be reading their books today. Or at least the rights to them would not be stuffed in the Disney vault where they will never be seen again.

Damn, I was thinking about this series recently but couldn't remember the name. Really liked it back in the day. Did any of the stories get finished?

I remember Lady Death went to Crossgen after Chaos Comics folded. They wouldn't let him print Lady Death like she was at Chaos, because it didn't fit Crossgens image, so they reimagined her in a more traditional fantasy way.

Attached: th.jpg (474x711, 70K)

Yeah, the original series would be perfect disney series and animations. And more importantly, they feature so many strong women without preaching or written to be perfect. I miss the 90s-00s strong women characters.

I liked her CrossGen version to be honest. Felt more epic.

Attached: Crossgen Expansion Waves.png (2362x2362, 2.95M)

I liked the interlink covers.

Attached: way of the rat.jpg (1314x311, 175K)

>Yeah, the original series would be perfect disney series and animations.
True, or even games, they came up with so many interesting settings. My brother and I did a DnD campaign based on Meridian.

Loved it. Bedard's Negation book was pure gold. Too bad they closed up before they could finish the big war storyline.

Thats sounds really cool. And you are right, they all did enough worldbuilding to support PnPs

Attached: Cover artwork.jpg (416x600, 66K)

Crossgen had the right idea but the wrong leadership.

If it had actually taken off and been successful it would have changed the way the industry treats it's creators and they'd be on salary with health insurance.

Instead, Alessi was a moron and people like Justin Ponsor have to use Go Fundme to not drown in medical debt.

I remember really liking Crux

>I liked her CrossGen version to be honest. Felt more epic.

I like both classic Lady Death and the Crossgen version. It's two different flavors that I enjoy. Brian Pulido rebooted the Medieval Lady Death version for a while when he was with Avatar Press, but that eventually stopped too.

Shame, I quite liked it.

I miss Scion. Only book I cared about and Jim Cheung as the artist was nice.

Zanniati was a real boon for this young user's libido.

Attached: 3183504-04.jpg (410x640, 35K)

>And more importantly, they feature so many strong women without preaching or written to be perfect. I miss the 90s-00s strong women characters.
Really agree with this. They were women I could relate to but at the same time admire. Today's comics that try to reach out to women all have these quirkmonsters in them. I dunno I just don't connect with it.

Damn. I still have most of their entire spread all sealed away in plastic. Sigil was my first comic ever.

they didn't bring on the original creators for the "reboot", and they were no longer interconnected continuity

It's like marvel wanted them to fail