See kids, guns- I mean skeleton remotes are bad!

>See kids, guns- I mean skeleton remotes are bad!
I sure love blatant propaganda in my children's cartoons

Attached: Skeleton_remotes.png (659x704, 356K)

>propaganda

Attached: That word.jpg (500x420, 55K)

nice literal reddit meme

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-090636.png (720x1280, 138K)

Cartoons of any generation have always had gun safety episodes

Fuck off /k/, no one like you

Attached: bait road.gif (400x254, 1.43M)

>Fuck off [board I don't like], no one like you
I've been seeing this a lot lately, is this a new newfag meme?

The only other one I can remember is Static Shock and that wasn't nearly as ham fisted as OK KO. The end of the episode is a fucking congresswoman punching the evil NRA, i mean skeleton remote, lobbyist out of her office

No, it's Sup Forums culture.

Ah, I havent watched either

>you are not a gun

iron giant wouldnt have been half as effective or close to poignant if they pussyfooted around the message of "guns are bad"

Attached: iron giant is a gun.jpg (284x177, 7K)

It's definitely not

>double BTFO

Attached: 1504782897783.png (500x730, 87K)

The NRA /is/ evil man. What will it take for that to be a common sense acknowledgment?

Is Ian's master plan to make this cartoon completely impossible to discuss on Sup Forums?

Static Shock shows a somewhat realistic scenario about a bullied student bringing a gun to school. OK KO is literally just shoving propaganda down your throat with a gigantic strawman villain. If you want to waste 45 minutes, go watch both.

Fuck off commie

Hamfisted execution or no, you're not going to convince me that trying to instill kids with the idea of gun safety is somehow a bad thing.

>somehow forgetting about the Gargoyles episode
user.

It's propaganda to tell children that guns are dangerous and people shouldn't treat them like toys?

I never actually watched Gargoyles. And there is no message of gun safety in the OK KO episode, it's literally "guns are bad and you can't trust anyone with a gun because they turn you evil"

Convincing about 100 million people that their rights are worth throwing away for fee fees and a false sense of security.

no you see KO, who wants to ban guns, was forced into a scenario where he found it necessary to use a gun himself. the lesson is that it would have been best if guns were banned in the first place but since they were already so widely used and owned by the general population it became neccesary for everyone to have one
it feels weird having to explain the moral in a childrens cartoon to adults but you all seem to have missed the point so completely

Attached: 1497242222805.webm (1600x900, 1.17M)

Gun nuts are stupid. More at 11

Attached: 1497224455142.webm (960x540, 2.78M)

So basically what happens is one of the Gargoyles, I forget which one, thinks guns are a toy after watching an action movie, and playing with their cop friend's gun, shoots her. She's fine, eventually, but he's so shaken up about it and unable to admit he was dumb that he starts going nuts on gun runners while Goliath beats up some mob boss that he thinks did it. In the end, the dipshit Gargoyle confesses to Goliath and apologizes to cop lady in the hospital, and she takes some of the blame too because she didn't lock her gun up safely like she should have.

My problem isn't that they did a "guns are bad" message. My problem is that they proposed banning the "skeleton remotes" entirely.

doesnt help that he was voiced by patrick star

Dammit, Garnet is so cute when she takes off the glasses. This has to be a Meta Knight thing, where she wears them because people don't take her seriously otherwise.

To be fair, you can't trust people with their own cars, or even hot food. We have to put warning labels on absolutely fucking EVERYTHING nowadays. It's not exactly unreasonable to assume people are gonna go full retard with deadly weaponry.

The episode didn't end with regulations being put in place. It ended with the remotes being banned.

And? That sounds like a fine LOL GUNS XD episode, if you're around children or crazy people or retards, safety is everyone's problem.

There is no lesson, it's a fucking strawman argument in a children's cartoon. They created problems that don't actually exist (the one guy shooting everyone because he was freaked out all the time)

I mean that sounds better at least. All parties took responsibility

Did they cover any gun safety? Any of the three basic rules of firearms? Hell, they didn't even have leave it alone and tell an adult. This was straight up political shit, even harder than a Captain Planet episode. It's just a song and dance number from going full chick tract.

It's classic entryisim. But you notice that shitposteranon is using a bunch of non Sup Forums images.

But that wasn't the message at all. The message was that nobody should have them at all. Mr Gar insisting on safety instruction, or a licence before selling a skeleton remote, or some fucking laser rocket launchers?

>its only propohanda/forced politics if it doesnt align with my own ideals!

>They created problems that don't actually exist (the one guy shooting everyone because he was freaked out all the time)
>don't actually exist
Oh wow

you're right I mean no one has ever accidentally shot anyone that's a fake problem

also selling guns to evil robots that will shoot people also a fake problem

Ah yes, I forgot about all those accidental mass shootings

>the lesson is that it would have been best if guns were banned in the first place
Which is stupid
>but since they were already so widely used and owned by the general population it became neccesary for everyone to have one
No part of the episode every suggest this, actually it ridicules it when they guy starts selling better remotes so that they could deal with the bad guys with remotes

>it feels weird having to explain the moral in a childrens cartoon to adults but you all seem to have missed the point so completely
No you're just pulling shit out of your ass

Show me literally one case of a guy just being scared and randomly shooting a bunch of people when he is slightly surprised or anxious.
No cops.

It's how much it aligns with the rest of the show.

And the show is based on 80's video games. The store is chock full of deadly weapons that get tossed around like gas station pretzels.

We get it user, you're anti-gun control. You can stop now

>No cops
So you acknowledge that cops are hair-trigger nutcases that shouldn't have guns in the first place?

so does that make it better or worse? Because whether or not you agree with gun control I think we all have to admit this episode had all the subtly and convincing arguments you would expect out of an 80s PSA episode

>show me an example
>except this example it doesnt count because it discredits my bias

I accept that a system of flawed human beings policing other flawed human beings is inherently flawed, especially when you give one of those groups badges and permission to do things any other person would be jailed for doing. Sure, but I also recognize that if there is some sentient being that would be better at this, it isn't doing it, so we have the police.

Except, the episode is clearly about normal civilians with weapons, not any form state sanctioned law enforcement. Police are a fundamentally different issue.

I'm sure this thread of 20-ish anonymous posters will be insightful and not at all the same retarded back and forth we always have

Shall not be infringed.

Let's be honest, this discussion is never insightful, not in congress, not in media, and definitely not in cartoons. It is as simple as one sentence

>[3]On the set of "Thor: Ragnarok", Karl Urban was accidentally given two real, loaded, M16 assault rifles, and subsequently fired into a crowd of extras, killing 14 and injuring 42. After the incident, Urban was quoted as saying "I just thought that these were the most well-trained extras I've ever encountered. How was I supposed to know the screams weren't real?"

They did have a literal song and dance number in the episode

so the fact that a trained professional force that work with gun their entire career can't be trusted with guns and is known to randomly shoot innocent people because they got spooked in no way suggests that guns are too dangerous for people to be allowed to have?

again even though trained professionals constantly prove that they aren't professional enough to be trusted with such a deadly weapon you think its perfectly ok for the average dipship to have as many guns as they want?

People aren't smart enough to be trusted with car most the time, I really don't see why they should be trusted with an item whose only purpose is to kill other people

Gun control = gun regulations
Gun control =/= banning all guns

Frankly, I'd rather just discuss how cute Garnet is without her shades. But sure, I guess we can have an insipid argument about gun regulation.

I'm not sure if its funny or sad that people say, "because the Constitution says so" as a serious argument

Is it funny because that's not actually an argument at all, its an appeal to authority a type of logical fallacy or is it sad because people don't actually know how to think logically and think that is a real reason?

>No one likes /k/
Newfag out

Yes it is. It shall not be infringed, at all, ever. Hope this helps.

Attached: 1474121984563.jpg (512x447, 39K)

Actually, this thread is mostly okay so far. What's being discussed is the episode itself. Though this stupid motherfucker is going offtopic Kind fuck off to the appropriate board.

Attached: 1501018968110.gif (450x260, 475K)

So that they can defend themselves and the improbable chance they're attacked with justifiable force outweighs the improbable chance they hurt others or themselves with the weapon.
Yeah, folks fuck up, it's not exactly infrequent but it may not actually be that common in a statistical sense. So fuck let people defend themselves, their livelihood and their property.

Attached: HorseyNOGUNZ.jpg (900x506, 176K)

The explanation why is literally in the wording of the second amendment

>a fucking congresswoman punching the evil ... skeleton remote lobbyist out of her office
That sounds rad as fuck.

I hope the president is a bad enough dude to get out of his own messes in that world because I'm sure tired of having to round up bad enough dudes to save the president from underwater villain strongholds filled with fire.

The fact that congressmen, representatives, and all those other public officials are mostly lame ass old people who wouldn't even chase down a purse snatcher in this day and age just fills me with shame.

Was it really "guns are bad"? I thought it was more "nukes are bad" or "the millitary industrial complex is bad."

yeah the reasoning why over 200 years ago doesnt actually hold true today though

its almost like a ton of shit changed in 200 years

Attached: 1444202993875.png (2048x1152, 2.38M)

Let's be real user, it's the end game because regardless of whatever regulations are put forth and how much gun casualties lower with or without regulation there WILL be casualties and guns will be the scapegoat to make people feel safer even if it's illusory.

Better or worse is a meaningless value judgement to me. And being a geezeranon who remembers the 80's, this is far more extreme than most of the special episodes. This is on par with the infamous, most far out shit, like the Power Rangers or Ninja turtles talking about solving their problems without using violence.

Think of the "knowing is half the battle" bits. It's like a full episode version of one of those.

Just checking to see if you fuckers watched the thing or were running on second hand shitposting. But seriously, that sentence is deliberately phrased exactly as I intended it. It's not full on chick tract, but you can see the church steeple from there.

Casualfag who gave up the third time Stephen started to cry for no obvious reason. Are garnet's shades a hologram, a thing, something she bought, a physical part of her?

Extending this, are the gems wearing clothes, or ar they naked then?

Here is the thing user! It'll never change, the second a president goes "Okay 2nd amendment is gone, gib guns" shit goes south. No one will touch it, it's a poison pill to any law.

By this dumb fucking logic, we should put restrictions on the first amendment as well, since they didn't have TV or social media.

The wording in the second amendment still rings true today as it did when it was written.

Good thing the constitution has built-in rules for changing amendments. If you have a problem with an amendment, then do your part to try to change it.

The reason we shouldn't try to just bypass the amendments with laws and executive orders is that it sets a bad precedent. You might want to ignore the 2nd, but someone else will use that as an excuse to ignore the 1st, or the 4th, or the 5th.

I mean I agree with that, Americans basically worship the Constitution, trying to change it today would be like trying to revise the Bible or Quran, people would kill each other over it

>Americans basically worship the Constitution
Yeah it's not like it's the foundation of our entire nation or anything

nah it really doesn't at all

please feel free to tell me why the 2nd amendment is important again? because the answer is that it isn't and it serves no purpose but to endanger modern society

Gee I wonder why they worship it. It's almost like it's top tier.

>Americans basically worship the Constitution
And that's not a bad thing. You need some laws above the laws, to keep the country from deviating too much from its original blueprint.

Good thing you can change the 2nd ammendment with a vote.

I am not a huge fan of guns, but I am a huge fan of following the rules of the constitution, because I don't want people subverting the 1st amendment or the 4th or the 5th.

>Hurr I like this nice tall building we have now... we should destroy the base of the building because looking back it's not good in current year
>What the whole building collapsed? shut up fascist, it's progress

that doesn't mean it should be held sacred, as immune to criticism or change as a holy text

I see you too have been brainwashed into blindly following some ancient text written by people who couldn't possibly imagine the world you live in, good to know the school are still good at brainwashing people into believing something at least

You're fucked in the head. I can see that pretty easily yeah.

>DUDE GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS, TRUST ME NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN

what we really need to do is clamp down on fag marriage, the 14th amendment is out of control

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to allow the citizens a means of preventing government tyranny, foreign or domestic. Every citizen also has the right to protect their life and property from others who would wish them harm. This isn't a difficult fucking concept to understand

>so the fact that a trained professional force that work with gun their entire career can't be trusted with guns
I never said that, I just said there is a problem when we excuse the mistakes they make when the same would never be done for a normal people, and this encourages police to do things that they would think twice about otherwise. But by and large the police aren't mowing down people in the street, but there are a few isolated incidents where they shoot people because they're in a stressful situation.
>People aren't smart enough to be trusted with car most the time
Besides the fact that cars are far more dangerous than guns, yes, yes they are smart enough to be trusted with cars, they just use cars a lot and thus get into accidents a lot.
>I really don't see why they should be trusted with an item whose only purpose is to kill other people
This is a meme/

>I see you too have been brainwashed into blindly following some ancient text written by people who couldn't possibly imagine the world you live in

user, it's not nice to deliberately misconstrue what people are saying. I don't blindly follow the constitution, I acknowledge that parts of it can become outdated. Im just sayin' that we should follow the regular process for changing obsolete amendments, so other amendments don't get thrown in the trash.

>children who have never watched the princess bride are now shitposting on Sup Forums
Why hasn't the world ended yet

But you'll notice that not a single congressman, senator, or governor even has a public draft proposal of what a revised second amendment would look like.

Hell, even dedicated lobbying groups don't have a potential draft out there for scrutiny.

No he's right, guns are weapons. Their only purpose is to harm others but sometimes that's necessary. That fact should be respected rather than try to imply that guns aren't indeed weapons intended to harm or imitate harm.

All of the gems clothing items are projected holograms like the rest of the body. They can change their outfits whenever they like. There's a sort of baseline form though.

>gif
Cute! Best girl.

its a 200 year old concept

the weapons they let you have couldn't save you from any government foreign or domestic

Maybe having a gun makes you feel safer from "tyranny" but it doesn't do anything

See the Bundy Ranch standoff, fag

yeah no shit

I wouldn't suggest banning Islam if I was an Iranian politician either,

There would be less of a standoff, no conflict if there was no guns!

It's less about how any particular weapon is bad, and more about how the people who sell these weapons are greedy and manipulative and exploit our fears in order to become obscenely wealthy.
And then that wealth is used to bribe our politicians in order to remove the barriers and legislation that would protect the general population.
And then, with any possible sanctions out of the way, they are able to generate a vicious cycle that leaves the population convinced that the only way to protect themselves from their product, is to buy their product.

You gun shills keep making this thread and all it does is make you sound like Facebook grandmas complaining about libtards and how Obama is gonna take your guns and how you're gonna MAGA.
Don't let the door hitcha
Where the good Lord splitcha.

Attached: 1513138815180s.jpg (125x95, 4K)

>it's an "Americans defend the idea that near-every citizen should have access to modern firearms based on the fully-amendable conclusion of people living in the 1800's who relied on a citizen militia to drive off imperials despite the preponderance of evidence showing that the amendment's initial purpose is now impossible and countries without guns have significantly less gun violence for obvious reasons" episode
Almost as bad as an "Americans defend the idea of a privatized medical system despite it being a huge drain on the economy and one of the primary drivers of debt in the country while other countries have perfectly functional single-payer models" episode.

Attached: 1258753631051[2].gif (640x480, 132K)

Without the right to effectively defend your own life, you don't actually have a right to live

you mean that nuts criminal who refused to pay taxes and ended up arrested?

what do you think the point of the 2nd amendment is so you can make an ass of yourself on the national news before going to jail?

also if you think he was defending himself from "tyranny" I think you have no concept of what tyranny is, tyranny isn't when the government does something you disagree with

It'll sure make it harder though.

Which is why the US bombed Afghanistan to dust and left after two weeks, right?

Are you fucking retarded? The only reason the Bundy family maintained possession of their land and livestock is because they were armed and refused to back down to the ATF and BLM

Yeah but USA doesn't get millions of ISIS guys in our country exploding and hitting us with trucks

Compare how the Occupy wall street protesters were treated vs those dudes.

Actually a better example. Compare occupy wall street protesters in locations where open carry of firearms is legal.

But all this is a sideshow. The more important part of the concept is for when the government is either unwilling or unable to help you, ala Katrina or the L.A. riots.

It's kind of ironic given there's far more money being peddled trying to lobby for these legislative acts and the majority of the weapons being used criminally aren't really being sold in by these amoral weapon peddlers but rather passed around illegally.

>ATF and BLM
o shit were they nazis/racists???

All charges were dropped, at least read up on the incident before trying to talk about it. The original issue was that the Bureau of Land Management was trying to illegally confiscate their land and livestock