Since Mortal Kombat has historically always been Sup Forums, how would Raiden fare as a villain in the main DC universe?

Since Mortal Kombat has historically always been Sup Forums, how would Raiden fare as a villain in the main DC universe?

Attached: dark raiden.png (894x894, 681K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5Xo95h5tOOI
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blundergod would get wrecked
Even in Earthrealm where his power is at its peaked, he was still harmed by Kabal's hooks and got pushed around by Revenants.
As for feats, he barely has any with his strongest physical one being flying through concrete.
His suicide attack only destroyed a large building in the original timeline as well

Blundergod would get wrecked
>Even in Earthrealm where his power is at its peaked, he was still harmed by Kabal's hooks and got pushed around by Revenants.
Gods take mortal form

>As for feats, he barely has any with his strongest physical one being flying through concrete.
He and Shinnok fighting caused the destruction of most of Reptile's race

>His suicide attack only destroyed a large building in the original timeline as well
Onaga was empowered by all of the Kamidogu but he killed Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in the process

Also he used knowledge from a cult he defeated millenia ago to resurrect Liu Kang so there's a lot of knowledge he has from enemies in the past he fought.

Was also established that he knows 700 forms of Jujutsu in MKDA

Yes, and his mortal form is frail as fuck
He can respawn still but that won't stop him from getting said mortal form fucked over again and again and again

raiden, you say?

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1680x1050, 286K)

Raiden before he became zordon could destroy the earth in his MK1 ending

And in MK1, the Mortal Kombat series was about restoring a tournament's honor and Kano was supposed to be part Japanese
Didn't he also destroyed the Earth only with the help of other gods dicking around?

them dicking around and destroying the earth is a lot like Cyrax and sektor blowing up the earth with one of their fatalities

And if you paid attn in MKX Raiden held back against the revenants because they were his former allies. He only shot lighting at their feets to keep them back.

Yeah,Raiden pulls in other gods and the party then proceeds to beat the fuck outta each other, nullifying all of existence in the process.

I think, that was solely Smoke

Cyrax jacked that one in MK Gold

Good or bad, I'd love to see Raiden go a few rounds with Black Adam

Attached: Black Adam Alex Ross.jpg (900x1350, 141K)

Fuck, right, MKGold. I was thinking only about MK3.

Ehhhh Raiden isn't really that strong even in the past MK universe. He got fucked up by the team up of Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, but still managed to win. Onaga wrecked all 3. Shao Khan wrecked him in the canonical Armageddon ending, leading to the reset which is MK9.

>be one of the last two guys standing when Shao Khan is the other guy
>nah he wasn't all that tough compared to the rest of the cast

>he killed Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in the process
But they were back in the sequel.

For a series about fighting to the death who actually stayed dead besides Liu Kang and Sub Zero 1

And he was still a bitch for actually being harmed by Kabal's swords

Death never really works out in MK.

>Liu Kang rips out Shao Khans heart in the mk2 section of mk9
>its just a mild inconvenience for Shao Khan that he sleeps off

Didn't even die. Though, he has to say "thanks" to Quan Chi, who patched him up and pretty much proposed everything Shang came up with in MK3, rendering the latter useless.

oops, was meant for

>love MKX
>community dies because pc port was/still kinda is shit
>try to get community up again on Sup Forums
>fail miserably

fuck

Attached: 1424813356823.jpg (1000x2860, 1.52M)

To be fair it was a huge Battle Royale, so who knows how some fighters went down. There was surely plenty of dirty tricks and sneak attacks on the strongest.

I just re-read all the MKX comics last week. They're pretty damn good if you enjoy the campiness of the whole thing.

Attached: mi1woG8[1].jpg (800x979, 133K)

Kotal Khan is MK version of Whitebeard while the Elder Gods are The Guardians of the Universe.

Comic Kotal >>>>>>>> Game Kotal

Game Kotal was such a fucking disappointment. MK X's entire story was pretty shit. MK9 is still the one to beat in terms of cinematic story mode.

Holy shit I was so fucking pumped for Kotal after reading the comic version, he was a fresh new take on the Ruler of Outworld you could really get a lot of mileage out of.

Then game Kotal shows up
>I sentence you all to death lol

>Gets fucking soloed by gay archer man
Game Kotal is a bitch made nigga.

And then he goes back on his word so he's just some punk ass opportunist.

>MK9 is still the one to beat in terms of cinematic story mode.
Don't speak on what you don't understand.

Why do they love pushing Quan Chi so much? Scorpion got his backstory re-written so Quan Chi was responsible for his becoming undead, and he spends all of MK9 as Quan Chi's henchman.

We has like 2 big threads last week though

I think there are two reasons
1. Quan Chi was one of the 4 or 5 post-Trilogy characters who gained a fanbase
2. They're really fucking in love with MK Mythologies because they liked the lore additions

Attached: mkx_mileena___2_by_angelonline23-d8r8rd2.jpg (864x1033, 183K)

Since we're talking about crossover shit, MKX made me wish for a where Jason fucks Joker's shit up, kills his henchmen, etc.
I just want to see the smug asshole terrified when met with a real monster.

>Jason terrifying DC villains
>he goes after Scarecrow and his crew
That would be fucking golden, I need it now.

Why did they cock up her design this badly?

Oh please. Solomon Grundy frequents Gotham City and Joker doesn't even bat an eye at him. He's more terrifying than Jason

Attached: Solomon Grundy.jpg (879x1389, 307K)

The ONLY reason they gave her lips was to do the kiss of death scene with her and D'Vorah.
>changing a character's design to facilitate killing them off
That said, I liked the new look.

Fuck the Turtles were fun to play in Injustice. It's a shame they couldn't stick Usagi in as well. Maybe one day we'll get a Darkhorse/IDW crossover game and the TMNT can go round 2 with Hellboy.

I wish they'd put the Mirage Turtles in the next MK, but I doubt Nick would allow the Turtles to go THAT dark on their watch.

Are you sure this is from Mortal Kombat and Not E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy?

wdym

So who even are the canon big dicks on the block in mk now?
Kotal isn't shit compared to shao
Onaga is nowhere to be seen

Johnny Cage is the new Champion of Earthrealm so he takes up the old Liu Kang slot with his green god powers.

Raiden recently became Dark Raiden by cleansing Shinnok from the Jinsei so we'll see what he gets up to, he might be awesome or he might suck.

Nobody is really in the Shao Kahn/Onaga/Shinnok spot as far as "powerful outsider" goes. Maybe Netherrealm Liu Kang? But he hasn't done much except brood on his throne, we don't know what he's capable of.

Also MKXI will feature Immortal Johnny Cage since his ending is canon and he found Shang Tsung's research for Edenian Longevity

MKXI will be Deception and the final Bits of Deadly Alliance

I want Shredder in the next MK. He's such a perfect fit for Mortal Kombat both general design-wise and as a character that it's not even funny.

I still don't believe that is a guy until I see the wangus.

>always been Sup Forums
not always. do not lie

When you die, you just go to the Nether Realm and Quan Chi knows a portal out of the realm. They're functionally immortal.

John Tobias himself has even said Quan Chi was the only MK4 he was happy with The team loves him.

Its more Sup Forums than Dragon Ball
Hell, Jared from Subway is more Sup Forums than anime

i kinda hope cassie has a kid in MK11.

i like the idea of the reboot timeline being a generational story about the cage family and the idea of grandpa johnny would be pretty cool.

Are we trying to say that non superman-tier villains are totally worthless in DCU?

So virtually all Batman and Flash villains do not really count as villains?

Funny thing is that even Sub Zero homages Shredder in one of the older games too. It was his best look.

>MKXI will be Deception
Unless they run with Cassies arcade ending where she kills Shujinko and nips all that in the bud

I dont think his combat body has a wangus, dudes a cyborg

Attached: 8866FD87-C523-40B3-B823-CB3B96240FB5.jpg (741x1200, 147K)

there needs to be more of this

Attached: FDD717EC-FB6F-460F-BA20-81677E91B1BF.jpg (1228x1087, 584K)

even if this happens, they will push cassie or someone else to fulfill the events of said game, also jade is still alive and possesses by what it appears to be an god from the original timeline

Attached: 1504399632848.gif (420x350, 357K)

He's Superman-tier so he'd be able to fuck shit up

I'm amazed that people got so pissed off about Liu Kang being killed initially, but now it's okay because Johnny Cage is le funny hero man

22 years of Sup Forums

Attached: Mortal_Kombat_Defenders_of_the_realm.png (483x336, 114K)

Being able to destroy the world with your bros, destroy a portal and stop people from having their souls stolen from a man who stole the souls of billions of people is pretty powerful. He just seems like a jobber when convenient. Like he wants to mortals to actually be victorious.

Remember that the duo had the Onaga's amulet. Remember that it was evil Raiden, and he managed to not be destroyed by everyone else. Too be fair, that was a shitty retcon, even by the opening movie standards.

He never got his story re-written.

It still amazes me that this cartoon was the origin for Quan-Chi, who went on to have a major impact on the canon for the entire series.

>1. Quan Chi was one of the 4 or 5 post-Trilogy characters who gained a fanbase
Which is ridiculous because It's not the characters fault the writers genuinely couldn't be assed to make them more interesting.

I hope the Injustice costumes for Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Raiden carry over to MK11. More importantly, I hope the gear system is scrapped

No, its just that for a """""god"""""" Raiden is pretty shit

I don't want either of them. They both looked like trash, especially Raiden. what the fuck was jim lee thinking?

What about Scorpion's?

Scorpions is ok

>Kid-friendly cartoon introduces Quan-Chi
>He has one of the most brutal fatalities in all Mortal Kombat

funny how life turns out

The giraffe maker or witch one?

Ripping off the leg and using it to pummel the head so hard it explodes. Honorable mention: making someone walk face-first into a spirit sword.

*and then bisecting them with it

But Liu Kang came back both times
and was completely right about everything

>shit taste the post

>watching this movie for the first time in years
>that reptile intro and song
>mfw
youtu.be/5Xo95h5tOOI

Attached: C56C04A6-70E0-439C-8389-398563A1A2EF.jpg (288x305, 36K)

Bump

Still fucking fantastic to this day man. It’s one of my fav scenes in movies. Guys ribs legit got broke in the scene from the 1st kick and he still went all in. Robin is a fucking bro.

>MKXI will be Deception and the final Bits of Deadly Alliance
Aren't they already way past the time frame for DA/D?

Raiden looks like a fucking tool in inj2 and you know it

Scorpion's return from the grave for revenge on Sub-Zero was originally just that, no more explanation needed or given. It was a straightforward ghost-story plot of a murdered man whose spirit could not rest until he had avenged his own death.

Years later, they inserted Quan Chi into things, as the man who brought him back, to use as a henchman.

Holy shit I completely forgot about this

Attached: D805F03E-B198-417F-8386-A0DF18A865AC.gif (300x225, 3.94M)

Killer Instinct had better lore. Fight me.

>tool
>inj2
Fucking scum. You also ignore the rest of your shit taste.

The first Mortal Kombat movie was legit good.

Also Reptile is best boy. It's a shame that he exists just to get his ass beat in story fights and cutscenes.

Don't for get that tie in video for the first movie and several comics.

Reptile just turned into Oogie Boogie at the end.

>no MK-KI crossover

Attached: Only the dead.png (800x600, 966K)

no MK/BS crossover

Attached: Dong Not Expanded.png (289x254, 117K)

No He-Man/MK/Spawn crossover

Attached: MOTU vs MK vs Spawn.jpg-large.jpg (621x960, 149K)

>Battleborn
lol

MKX has a better comic

>4 or 5 post-Trilogy characters who gained a fanbase
Quan Chi, Kenshi, and who else?